Disappearing Schlongs?

kokunekosan

Okay, so I got fed up with the limited number of shiny metal bits to stab through characters' junk, and am currently attempting to rectify this lack by hacking my way through learning to build mods.

Had my first set of male genital jewelry working fine, but it was rough and nothing lined up like I wanted, but it WORKED!

No way was it the first attempt. I spent two days learning and crashing the creation kit before I got to that 'working' state.

Then I scrapped the junk I had hammered out, and made a cleaner, less hatchetty version.

This, amazingly, worked the first time.

Then I started trying to make it get along with the few other jewelry options I've found.

Now, when an NPC spawns with one of my new pieces, his schlong is invisible.

I console the gear off, and BAM! there's the meat.

Reapply, junk and gems and jewels, all that fun stuff. Then when I leave the cell and return (load door or FT), back to invisible man-bits and hovering metal bits.

I would have screen-shots to help, but it seems something has disabled that function.

I've already checked everything I know to. The armor and armor-addon are both set to Slot 51, so that can't be the issue.

Any help would be... helpful.

Working schlongs with shiny bits is more important than pictures however, so I'm going to investigate my photographic disability after I post this, which will be happening.... now.

Update: Vidar in Riverwood walked by while I was inspecting dudes for compliance, and he was working fine: jewelry and penis under all that clothes. Inspecting my AA entries led to the problem: I had skipped that particular one when assigning the option for the ladies.

So, kinda-solved this one myself.

Now, a new question arises....

How do I get one armor item to work for both sexes, when girly folk don't (normally) have schlongs to animate?

Archived