Actor packages, need help building.

Farmthat

Hey--so rather than hitting my head against a wall forever, I thought I'd just ask.

I'm trying to get a guard to do this:

When the player approaches a door, NPC guard forcegreets with a warning to stay away. If the player approaches further, the guard engages in combat with a specific weapon.

Either at a certain distance from the door and/or after a certain number of hits from the guard's weapon, I would like her to disengage and return to her idlemarker.

The forcegreet is simple enough, and I have this working. I WAS using a "guard" package that put the guard into a defensive (and after 5-10 seconds) relentlessly agro state of seek and destroy.

so I've ditched the default "guard" package and went with the "UseWeapon" package with the Player as the target if within 1000radius of the door and only lasting 10 successful hits. I thought I could get it to work, but it's not. It seems like a complicated package, but maybe there's an easier way to accomplish this?

Just guessing, no clue how easy this is to archive:  Make a quest. On the first stage of the quest the Guard is using a package "Parol on this one spot" and gives a force greet if the player is nearby. This sets the quest to second stage. If the player moves away, the stage is reset to first after 60 seconds. Else the third stage is enabled which uses the "guard" package on the guard.

Just guessing, no clue how easy this is to archive:  Make a quest. On the first stage of the quest the Guard is using a package "Parol on this one spot" and gives a force greet if the player is nearby. This sets the quest to second stage. If the player moves away, the stage is reset to first after 60 seconds. Else the third stage is enabled which uses the "guard" package on the guard.

Maybe quest stages would be the way to handle this.  Hmmm. Thanks!

I would have used two triggerboxes stacked them on top on each other with one being bigger then the other and check with OnTriggerEnter for the player. Depending on which box the player just entered a different AIPackage is valid... but that is probably to complected since the guard package you mentioned seems to do something similar.

I recommend having a look at the execution scene when you first enter Solitude. Bethesda did pretty much what you asked for. When you approach the stage one guard asks you to back off  and when you step on the stage they start attacking you.

Instead of a quest stage using a QuestVariable is probably more elegant because you wouldn't need to create an extra quest for the guard.

I would have used two triggerboxes stacked them on top on each other with one being bigger then the other and check with OnTriggerEnter for the player. Depending on which box the player just entered a different AIPackage is valid... but that is probably to complected since the guard package you mentioned seems to do something similar.

I recommend having a look at the execution scene when you first enter Solitude. Bethesda did pretty much what you asked for. When you approach the stage one guard asks you to back off  and when you step on the stage they start attacking you.

Instead of a quest stage using a QuestVariable is probably more elegant because you wouldn't need to create an extra quest for the guard.

Good thought on the execution scene, that's very similar.

However--I want the guard to disengage at a certain distance, which seems tricky too. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Archived