Creating a Hair Mod[Linkle] Help?

HongChina

Been spending the last few hours trying to google about and learn how to work a hair model into Skyrim, specifically Linkle's hair from Hyrule Warriors since the outfit's already in the game, and while there's hair that's similar to Linkle's, I'd really like to have the actual hair model in there to use

Spent a few hours looking at tutorials and I apparently just can't get this down, using one of the Apachii hair NIFs as a base I went to go ahead and just replace that hairstyle with it, and it went from glitching the hair into a blinding light, to crashing the game, and then after I think I fixed it, doing nothing at all. I somehow broke everything so that even if I delete every instance of the hairstyle in the folder, it still loads up the original Apachii hair

So as a last resort, I suppose I'm coming here to see about getting help with getting the model into the game. The textures can come later, they're simple and easy and is just a matter of switching channels and darkening/lightening and using the right compression, I've done that before many times. Getting an actual hair model in is more of a chore however, and I've completely stumped myself

Archived