Being a Guard WIP Alpha 0.94 (Female Version) (2017-01-02)

On 6/20/2017 at 12:18 PM, ffabris said:

Open console and type:

player.sqs G__Part1

has the quest started? What do you get with

sqv G__Part1

I did all these commands and they were 0. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I started with a downloaded clean save that has breezehome unlocked but the mod won't start. How good is this game quest?! I really enjoyed thief quest if you guys played that.

Guest ffabris

Something is conflicting, at a guess, but I have no idea what. Rather than started with a downloaded game, start a new game from scratch. Who knows what might be in the own you downloaded.

On 12/11/2017 at 9:01 PM, ffabris said:

Something is conflicting, at a guess, but I have no idea what. Rather than started with a downloaded game, start a new game from scratch. Who knows what might be in the own you downloaded.

ooh okay but doesnt the mod say that start the mod after youve become a thane of whiterun though? Thank you for the fast replys!

Q: Why can't I start the mod.
A: Make sure to enable the mod only after you become thane of Whiterun.

Guest ffabris

Yes you must have completed "Before the Storm". You can enable the mod after having finished that quest. If you were expecting the quest to become available before that point, then yes, it would not work. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

So, I played through this mod.  It is in a very rough alpha state.  Quests have many broken parts that require the console to advance the quest.

The premise of the mod does not match the requirements either.  This looks like it should be started before the main quest instead of after the character is known to be the dragonborn.  If I am joining the quest as the dragonborn, my first task should be a bit more interesting that just getting a steel sword. 

The broken armor meshes totally break immersion for me, so it felt like a chore to play through this mod.  I think the way the quests are handled go against the paradigm that most quests use.  Too many quests require long periods of wandering around aimlessly.  The use of couriers to deliver notes is fine but you need to point the player to a different location to allow the system to work. 

Too much of the dialogue is through indirect conversations, so it is easy to miss much of the context.  Speaking of which.  This mod needs much more description within it.  Most of the time, it is totally unclear as to what is going on to the point of it being nonsensical.  Better use of the journal and better dialogue clues are definitely needed. 

Overall, I think there is potential here.  But many of the quests need to be completed and probably reworked to make the gameplay smoother.

I would also suggest releasing small updates more frequently both to keep the interest in the mod alive as well as your own interest to finish the mod.  There are a number of small things you can fix that would improve the impression of this mod (especially how often they are mentioned in the above posts).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I got it working, but now I'm stuck after being told to go "see the Jarl at noon", the conversation just kinda freezes until I tab out of it and I get no further objectives (and the Jarl doesn't seem to remember the appointment either even if I get there around 5pm to 8pm), any ideas what's wrong? (I tried to do the player.sqs command but the list ended at 200 and everything was set to 1).

General Feedback: I love the concept of the mod, but honestly you could substitute "being a guard" with "being a janitor" and the job would have just as much of importance on what's actually going on. Not what I was expecting or hoping for so I'm a little disappointed there, but it's still good :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 2:53 AM, Heroic Intervention said:

Ok so I got it working, but now I'm stuck after being told to go "see the Jarl at noon", the conversation just kinda freezes until I tab out of it and I get no further objectives (and the Jarl doesn't seem to remember the appointment either even if I get there around 5pm to 8pm), any ideas what's wrong? (I tried to do the player.sqs command but the list ended at 200 and everything was set to 1).

General Feedback: I love the concept of the mod, but honestly you could substitute "being a guard" with "being a janitor" and the job would have just as much of importance on what's actually going on. Not what I was expecting or hoping for so I'm a little disappointed there, but it's still good :smile:

How did you download the file?

On 3/3/2018 at 4:06 PM, thelord007 said:

How did you download the file?

Props to Mentalmike72 for typing it out in a previous page. Basically the text/link on the download page is not the full link, but something you have to add to the address to find the mod download location. 

This should be the full link: https://mega.nz/&#!B8QFXSRJ!-_QPnWFWEle3ZRR9mPtrEmd0zixVd_LZXEltNolFXIo

• 3 weeks later...

So, am experimenting with this and havn't got any further than the initial conversation with the strange guard in the barracks.

He tells me to speak to the captain, but no quest markers or anything and if I .moveto Caius then there are no dialog options.

There arn't any options for dialog with guards either.

I've tried setstage g__part2 10, and that doesn't seem to help either.

The only issue I can think of is somewhere in my build something replaced all the guards with female eyecandy, which may not help a mod like this!

...but I think something else is going on. Any tips as to how to investigate / fix it?

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2018 at 4:13 AM, zonix said:

So where can the reuplode be found Im not having very much luck with it 

On 3/9/2018 at 12:25 AM, Heroic Intervention said:

Props to Mentalmike72 for typing it out in a previous page. Basically the text/link on the download page is not the full link, but something you have to add to the address to find the mod download location. 

This should be the full link: https://mega.nz/&#!B8QFXSRJ!-_QPnWFWEle3ZRR9mPtrEmd0zixVd_LZXEltNolFXIo