Being a Guard WIP Alpha 0.94 (Female Version) (2017-01-02)

Ok, done a quick test (bless Mod organizer for multiple profiles). Other mods i'm running which might impact this one

- Guard dialogue overhaul

- Audio overhaul Skyrim

- Prison Overhaul 8m

Normally the general guards in whiterun have no dialogue options. The same occurs with POP 8m installed (I turned it off on new profile to check).

- However, running this mod with the above mods, guards have a dialogue topic to ask them if they're dirty (from bathing in skyrim), which is not normal behaviour.

Not sure what that means, but I hope it helps :)

Ok, done a quick test (bless Mod organizer for multiple profiles). Other mods i'm running which might impact this one

- Audio overhaul Skyrim

- Prison Overhaul 8m

Normally the general guards in whiterun have no dialogue options. The same occurs with POP 8m installed (I turned it off on new profile to check).

- However, running this mod with the above mods, guards have a dialogue topic to ask them if they're dirty (from bathing in skyrim), which is not normal behaviour.

I have guard dialog overhaul but not the other two.  I have this mod after GDO and had no problems dialog wise once I completed both of the MQ quests.

i get asked to bring a steel sword but quest doesnt seem to update to match  so as a result i cant get past the steel sword thing

Check tes5edit and see if any of your mods alters the vanilla steel sword.

i do have better shaped weapons installed and it probly changes the steel weapons along with several others as i liked the thinner looks of some of the weapons by that perticular mod the only weapons i dint change was the nightingale weapons deadric weapons and dawn breaker

but i managed to skip past tht perticular part of the quest with the set stage command. obviously not ideal but it worked for the most part

ok managed to play thru it and noticed the following

consistent CTD during promotion ceremony at Jarl, BUT only if trying to view in 3rd person while walking into Dragonsreach, in 1st person view mode it went just fine.

after promotion ceremony hung and quest did not advance, Gata kept repeating her lines.

note:  for those who have Aurora Village mod installed the honeymoon tent will appear in the village but is still usable, provided this is loaded later in the load order,

at least that worked for me.

all other issues I noticed are either listed on download page or already reported.

overall a nice fun mod but as stated its still alpha.

please keep up the good work and I will be watching the mod to see how it progresses.

i get asked to bring a steel sword but quest doesnt seem to update to match  so as a result i cant get past the steel sword thing

Check tes5edit and see if any of your mods alters the vanilla steel sword.

i do have better shaped weapons installed and it probly changes the steel weapons along with several others as i liked the thinner looks of some of the weapons by that perticular mod the only weapons i dint change was the nightingale weapons deadric weapons and dawn breaker

but i managed to skip past tht perticular part of the quest with the set stage command. obviously not ideal but it worked for the most part

How many steel swords you have in your inventory? The way the dialogue is scripted, it will only show if you have one and only one steel sword in your inventory. Also if you added the sword by console command, be aware that there are two weapons called "Steel sword", one is worth more than the other, but they are otherwise identical. And only one will work.

Edit: also I think I found a new incompatability: Cages for Sanguines Debauchery alters the Silent Moons camp.

Have you become thane of Whiterun? If not... Use: setstage G__Part1 0, or setstage G__Part1 10. You may also want to check if the conditions are being meet to trigger the quest through the console. It also helpes activating the mod after you are thane.

The dialogue won't appear to me.

I have lydia

I tried to talk to caius

When i installed it sayd the mod is initialized

I tried console setstage xxxx 0,10,20

any idea  on what to do now?

:(

ok do not know if your problem is same as I had.

are you using POP with 8M patch??

I found out the hard way that that mod suppresses the dialogue from showing up at all.

if not I have no clue

I have lydia

I tried to talk to caius

I found out the hard way that that mod suppresses the dialogue from showing up at all.

if not I have no clue

Activate the mod only after you get Lydia as a follower, but I might be uploading a new version soon, so you might as well wait.

I have lydia

I tried to talk to caius

if not I have no clue

Yes i m using it :( i see....

Well i'll start a new game without pop :P

- Audio overhaul Skyrim

- Prison Overhaul 8m

I have guard dialog overhaul but not the other two.  I have this mod after GDO and had no problems dialog wise once I completed both of the MQ quests.

I hadn't got to the point the new dialogue is supposed to appear, was jsut highlighting that the guards shouldn't have any dialogue at this point. I got the bug where the Jarls housecarl didn't come to tell me about the dragon attack at the outpost (seems to be due to asking the wizard something before getting the dragonstone). Thus I have to start over, as I can't progress the main quest.

Killed the dragon, became Thane, got Lydia and talked to guard outside DragonReach, by the big tree and down at the market, no dialogue. Yes, I have Prison Overhaul as well a guard dialogue mod (can't remember the name). And Slaverun, which I think also changes guard dialogue.

talking to caius doesnt update the quest for me where i am supposed to get the steel sword.

the dialog isnt repeatable either.

possible conflicts may be:

Things in the dark or From the Deeps (not sure wich one uses caius)

Slaverun

Sexlab dialogues

Devious Framework

Civil War Overhaul

all in their most recent versions

Pls Help

ALL HAIL OUR FELINE OVERLORDS

- Grooovus

ok in reply to Sarge Misfit

prison overhaul does have a issue with this mod - in short with it running this mod's dialogues do not show up at all and without it they run fine for me.

in reply to Grooovus

I have Slaverun (not the version 2 stuff) but have not started it yet when I tried this mod and do also have SexLab Dialogues, I also have Things in the Dark

(both the 1.8, which modifies Caius, and the 1.9 test which does not modify Caius), and From the Deeps (2.52 redone which modifies Falk Firebeard).

this mod worked fine for me under those conditions so I tend to lean towards it being either Slaverun being activated or Civil War Overhaul causing the problem,

just my opinion but that should at least help you find a starting point.

ok in reply to Sarge Misfit

prison overhaul does have a issue with this mod - in short with it running this mod's dialogues do not show up at all and without it they run fine for me.

in reply to Grooovus

I have Slaverun (not the version 2 stuff) but have not started it yet when I tried this mod and do also have SexLab Dialogues, I also have Things in the Dark

(both the 1.8, which modifies Caius, and the 1.9 test which does not modify Caius), and From the Deeps (2.52 redone which modifies Falk Firebeard).

this mod worked fine for me under those conditions so I tend to lean towards it being either Slaverun being activated or Civil War Overhaul causing the problem,

just my opinion but that should at least help you find a starting point.

I have civil war overhaul installed, so I don't think that's it.

As I said, I also have Slaverun installed. Add to that, Sexlab Dialogues, Devious Framework and Things in the Dark.

With all due respect, I am simply not willing to uninstall those mods for the sake of running one. I will keep following this, though, and trust that the conflicts will be worked out.

talking to caius doesnt update the quest for me where i am supposed to get the steel sword.

the dialog isnt repeatable either.

possible conflicts may be:

Things in the dark or From the Deeps (not sure wich one uses caius)

Slaverun

Sexlab dialogues

Devious Framework

Civil War Overhaul

all in their most recent versions

Pls Help

ALL HAIL OUR FELINE OVERLORDS

- Grooovus

No one now. TID prologue was moved to windhelm.

What's the content of that mod exactly ? I didn't understood.