Being a Guard WIP Alpha 0.94 (Female Version) (2017-01-02)

seems like i have problem in starting the quest, your mod is last in the list i'm on a new save and i've just completed the main quest up to lydia but i don't get the dialoge option when talking to whiterun guards. any idea where the problem could be? thank you

Did you see a message saying that the mod was initialized when you first installed it? I noticed that it didn't work for me when I completed the quest Before the Storm, and then installed it.

onestly i don't know, what do u suggest? reinstall?

Just try starting a game that dosen't have the mod installed, and check if you see that message.

i've started a new game and the message poped up so the mod should be installed correctly, but i can't seems to get it started

Try speaking directly to the captain of the guards if not use... setstage G__part1 0, setstage G__part1 10, setstage G__part1 20 and make sure to check console commands to see if the condtions are meet.

ok, i've tryied talking to the captain of the guards ( commander caius) but still no chat option so i tryied the satstages and the quest started but it says i have to talk to the captain of the guards and no quest marker pops up, i've tryied talking to commander caius but there are no chat option related to the quest

I believe there might be something wrong with the .seq file as the dialogues appeared right after save/load procedure. That aside everything worked quite well until the "ceremony" in Dragonsreach. After jarl had said his stuff it seemed like the scene got stuck and did not proceed.

Then there is all those little bugs, like the lazy guard going hostile in Riverwood, occasional typos and I don't think I saw any sex scenes (if implemented) apart from masturbations.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. I did quite like what I experienced so far. cool.gif

I'm at a loss. I've done the required quests, no guard dialogue appeared though. I did the setstage magic, went to Caius, no dialogue appeared. Tried saving and loading while standing there in front of him, nothing. Either something is conflicting and suppressing the dialogues or I'm an idiot. Does "Sexist Guards" affect whether this works or not? Thanks in advance!

Okay, I setstaged myself up to 50, now markers seem to be working, as well as the rest of it.

Nevermnd, dialogues didn't work after all. Will try and reinstall.

Did not see a message that the mod loaded when I opened Skyrim tonight, but the dialog option showed up on the guard. Might want to add that Dragon Rising needs to be completed as well as Before the Storm (Unbound does skip both).

Have to see where the mod goes, but I think a Dragon-killing Thane, summoned by the greybeards, might not be as concerned about dying to wild creatures and bandits as the Captain is, with the quest requirements in.

Using Add Item Menu I only have 2 steel swords.  Turned in the one modified by Guard Dialog Overhaul (I think the other one was Complete Crafting Overhaul) which might be useful for others to know.

I would guess you'll do this later in a polishing phase, but there are a variety of grammar mistakes that make me twitch. Mostly misplaced commas and repeated use of your instead of you're.   Just to pick nits.

EDIT and idea I had, would this tie into the In My Time of Need quest, when the Alik'r prisoner wants you to talk to a guard and get him released?

I basically rushed releasing this quest, so I can get help fixing some of the issues. If you want to help with the grammar or story... that would be nice.

Other notes...

journal said Rorikstead for the second trip with the Pointless Letter but map marker and Captain Caius said Riverwood

The Lazy guard attacked me when the journal said "after sex..." so I used a rape me spell and it all worked out.

He's just supposed to ruin your clothing. I didn't finish the part.

seems like i have problem in starting the quest, your mod is last in the list i'm on a new save and i've just completed the main quest up to lydia but i don't get the dialoge option when talking to whiterun guards. any idea where the problem could be? thank you

Did you see a message saying that the mod was initialized when you first installed it? I noticed that it didn't work for me when I completed the quest Before the Storm, and then installed it.

onestly i don't know, what do u suggest? reinstall?

Just try starting a game that dosen't have the mod installed, and check if you see that message.

i've started a new game and the message poped up so the mod should be installed correctly, but i can't seems to get it started

Try speaking directly to the captain of the guards if not use... setstage G__part1 0, setstage G__part1 10, setstage G__part1 20 and make sure to check console commands to see if the condtions are meet.

ok, i've tryied talking to the captain of the guards ( commander caius) but still no chat option so i tryied the satstages and the quest started but it says i have to talk to the captain of the guards and no quest marker pops up, i've tryied talking to commander caius but there are no chat option related to the quest

Did you see if the mod was initialized? Did you complete Dragon's Rising and Before the Storm?

I believe there might be something wrong with the .seq file as the dialogues appeared right after save/load procedure. That aside everything worked quite well until the "ceremony" in Dragonsreach. After jarl had said his stuff it seemed like the scene got stuck and did not proceed.

Then there is all those little bugs, like the lazy guard going hostile in Riverwood, occasional typos and I don't think I saw any sex scenes (if implemented) apart from masturbations.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. I did quite like what I experienced so far. cool.gif

Of course. It's basically a rough draft of a mod. I released it so, I can find help finishing it.

I'm at a loss. I've done the required quests, no guard dialogue appeared though. I did the setstage magic, went to Caius, no dialogue appeared. Tried saving and loading while standing there in front of him, nothing. Either something is conflicting and suppressing the dialogues or I'm an idiot. Does "Sexist Guards" affect whether this works or not? Thanks in advance!

Okay, I setstaged myself up to 50, now markers seem to be working, as well as the rest of it.

Did you see if the mod was initialized? Did you complete Dragon's Rising and Before the Storm?

So talking to Orgnar, the dialogue just... ends suddenly, with no progression. What do I do?

Is this the first time you talk to Orgnar? If so, he's supposed to walk into one of the rooms. Sometimes you might need to save and reload, especially if you rushed any specific part.

Did not see a message that the mod loaded when I opened Skyrim tonight, but the dialog option showed up on the guard. Might want to add that Dragon Rising needs to be completed as well as Before the Storm (Unbound does skip both).

Have to see where the mod goes, but I think a Dragon-killing Thane, summoned by the greybeards, might not be as concerned about dying to wild creatures and bandits as the Captain is, with the quest requirements in.

Using Add Item Menu I only have 2 steel swords.  Turned in the one modified by Guard Dialog Overhaul (I think the other one was Complete Crafting Overhaul) which might be useful for others to know.

I would guess you'll do this later in a polishing phase, but there are a variety of grammar mistakes that make me twitch. Mostly misplaced commas and repeated use of your instead of you're.   Just to pick nits.

EDIT and idea I had, would this tie into the In My Time of Need quest, when the Alik'r prisoner wants you to talk to a guard and get him released?

I basically rushed releasing this quest, so I can get help fixing the issues. If you want to help with the grammar, that would be nice.

Other notes...

journal said Rorikstead for the second trip with the Pointless Letter but map marker and Captain Caius said Riverwood

The Lazy guard attacked me when the journal said "after sex..." so I used a rape me spell and it all worked out.

He's just supposed to ruin your clothing. I didn't finish the part.

I cannot really help with the mechanics, so I will wait and let those get fixed and play through this again later.  My quest also got stuck at the promotion ceremony so I just gave up at that point. I was in the keep though so I had to exit and then re-enter but the guards showed up at the door and my PC was auto-walked up to the Jarl ok. When your sidekick says she has something back at the barracks to tell you is where it stopped.  She kept auto-greeting me but never advanced the quest.

It was initialized, I tried reinstalling it 2 times, both times it was initialized. And that's after figuring out that I also needed to do Dragon's Rising. My guess is a conflict, however every mod that changed the guards (checked one at a time in the info window of the console) being disabled for testing, nothing changed. It's really weird.

Is this planning to be released for more races? Or just breton? Looks really cool though!

My understanding is that all races work now, but there's an issue with the armor being used that they only show up on bretons.

Ah okay! Thanks for letting me know.

Guest ffabris

Papyrus logs would help here. Also for any failed sex acts, for anyone who has that. Very hard to pin down problems without logs.

sigh

ran into what I think is the same problem as Gianclod and Elbowlicker did

dialogue does not show up at all to start G__Part1 quest (the start of it all).

made a new game (Breton female) used as-lal random start (got lucky and owned lakeview manor)

went to falkreath and became thane there (thanks to sexlab solutions for making it so quick)

went to helgen got journal, went thru cave, sided with Ralof (stormcloak guy), went to Riverwood,

talked to Gerdur, went to Whiterun and talked to Jarl to finish "Before the Storm".

did "Bleak Falls Barrow" and "the Golden Claw".

did "Dragon Rising" and bought Breezehome.

rushed absolutely nothing during this process so as to be sure I didn't make it goof up somewhere.

no dialogue from any whiterun guards or Commander Casius to start the questline.

tried the setstage commands, quest listed in journal in game with objective talk to the captian but no quest marker and neither Casius nor Sinmir

have any dialogue for the mod.

disabled all mods that affected guards (all the ones I know of at any rate), and the Aurora Village mod - same results.

attaching mod list and load order for normal playing in the hope someone can spot a incompatibility.

requesting mod list and load order from  Gianclop and Elbowlicker and also from anyone who got the mod to work for comparison purposes (hoping to figure out where the incompatibility is).

and yes I saw the notice that the mod initialized.

edit

did all this yet a 3rdd time with the alternate seq download. same results yet again.

modlistloadorder01192017.7z

sigh

ran into what I think is the same problem as Gianclod and Elbowlicker did

dialogue does not show up at all to start G__Part1 quest (the start of it all).

made a new game (Breton female) used as-lal random start (got lucky and owned lakeview manor)

went to falkreath and became thane there (thanks to sexlab solutions for making it so quick)

went to helgen got journal, went thru cave, sided with Ralof (stormcloak guy), went to Riverwood,

talked to Gerdur, went to Whiterun and talked to Jarl to finish "Before the Storm".

did "Bleak Falls Barrow" and "the Golden Claw".

did "Dragon Rising" and bought Breezehome.

rushed absolutely nothing during this process so as to be sure I didn't make it goof up somewhere.

no dialogue from any whiterun guards or Commander Casius to start the questline.

tried the setstage commands, quest listed in journal in game with objective talk to the captian but no quest marker and neither Casius nor Sinmir

have any dialogue for the mod.

disabled all mods that affected guards (all the ones I know of at any rate), and the Aurora Village mod - same results.

attaching mod list and load order for normal playing in the hope someone can spot a incompatibility.

requesting mod list and load order from  Gianclop and Elbowlicker and also from anyone who got the mod to work for comparison purposes (hoping to figure out where the incompatibility is).

and yes I saw the notice that the mod initialized.

edit

did all this yet a 3rdd time with the alternate seq download. same results yet again.

I uploaded the seq file as a optional download. Drag and drop that in and see if it helps.

Sure thing buddy. Both of us have a metric fuckton of demanding mods, might have something to do with it. Don't know where to pull that modlist from, you seem to have gotten yours from MO and I use NMM (yes I know, I shouldn't, but changing it is such a chore).

loadorder.txt

Thanks, though one is still gobbldygooked :)

That one goes to Mega and hosts Being a Guard (Female Version) 0.9 Beta

while the other downloads

Being a Guard (Female Version) 0.9 SEQ Beta

Not sure if the SEQ one is only an update?

People where saying that my old SEQ file might have been corupted, so I just uploaded it again just in case.

ok a good news/bad news report

good news is I figured out which mod is stopping me from playing this one

POP with patch 8m prevents the dialogue from showing up to start the mod (that is also the bad news because I know a fair amount of players use that mod)

I have no clue how to fix the issue personally though.

information so that others can check and verify the issue.

edit

if anyone has both running in their game and they both work please share how you got them to both work.

ok a good news/bad news report

good news is I figured out which mod is stopping me from playing this one

POP with patch 8m prevents the dialogue from showing up to start the mod (that is also the bad news because I know a fair amount of players use that mod)

I have no clue how to fix the issue personally though.

information so that others can check and verify the issue.

edit

if anyone has both running in their game and they both work please share how you got them to both work.

Damn. I'm not giving up POP, but will keep Being a Guard (BaG?) installed and hope for a compatibility update or patch