Societies and Treasures of Dark World

Quillon

Before we start... quick reminder.

This text shall be edited over and over based on your comments, suggestions and ideas.

Monks and Mystics. There were great expansions, there were some miserable. But this one, shapes as one of the greatest, because modding community can do miracles.

Paradox found a way, how player can rule even more things... and most of all... lead secret wars. Rule the world from shadows. And engage cult/society conflicts.

But also... Treasures! Finally people can kill time by collecting items! Finally we can have items, what aren't modifiers or traits. Even stealable ones!

And this are just main features.

This brings main reason of the topic.

As mostly adult content is based on Dark World and Dark World submods, maybe in future we can see this societies and Treasures.

But... what societies do you imagine in game? What treasures?

KEEP IN MIND, this is just a discussion, not actual future content! Because no-one knows how would societies and Treasures affect the game. Some of things can't be even possible to do.

Before posting your comment, PLEASE read CAREFULLY this. Also, try to post... Well, meaningful suggestions and ideas. Not like... "I want vampire society" and nothing more.

What is the main GOAL of society.

Is it secret or open one?

What powers should have members and on how ranks should be they limited?

What is main "power source" of their society? (Lucifer's own - satanistic cult has dark power. Heremic Society has Esoteric knowledge)

What ranks should be in their society?

What treasures will be tied to each society? (This treasures should be relics and artefacts... Not some random items)

What special targeted diplomatic ability should they have? (Lucifers Own can abduct people)

What name should society have?

What events would you like to see as member of societies?

How do you imagine your pilgrimage event for each society?

What special bonuses they have? Example:

Dominicans: Religious province conversion significantly faster, and a bonus to the “Hunt Heretics” counciler job.

Benedictines: Can get rid of “Slothful” and gain “Diligent” by donating money.

Hindus: Higher Fertility and Health.

Buddhists: revolt risk reduction.

Jains: opinion bonus with other Jains.

Miaphysites, Orthodox and Nestorians: More income from Temple vassals.

Theoretical: What special executions can be unlocked by membership? (Such execution can sometimes give "power")

Theoretical: What buildings can these societies have?

What special event/holy/retinue units they should have?

(This is a list of Societies. Unnamed, without any description (yet). You can expand upon their ideas, add own society or suggest whatever you want)

SOCIETIES:

(THIS PART WILL BE CHANGED BY YOUR POSTED COMMENTS)

Vampires

Werewolves

Futunari

Succubus/Incubus

(Ideas by ParadoxalObserver.

-Secretive organisation. Dedicated to Church of Lilith. Dedicated to eliminate issues with lust - probably leading to colourful society events related on this theme.

-Blood moon held between cult members. With societies growing influence, new events should emerge, pushing toward new customs, until people accept worshipping Lilith openly.

-Possible negative traits or opinion, if member is revealed, unless they are tolerant or of same religion.)

Slaves

Slavers/Slave traders

Homosexuals

Bestiality

Tentacles

Fairy tale

Rapist

Angelic (based on presence of angelic beings in Dark world)

Monster hunters (Hunters of every non-human species)

Knight orders?

Mages

Warlocks (Dark version of Mages. Necromants, dark mages and stuff)

Warlords (Doesn't make sense... But society focused on war and conquering)

TBD (by Orlunu)

Secret society

Aim is to get power over others' kids for the whole dynastic diplomacy thing, tying into a couple of mods I've been working on on-and-off which make the guardian role more powerful. Takes the form of a network of nannies &c and the power form is simply connections.

Ranks/powers:

Contact - opinion boosts, can donate, "special execution"

Trusted Contact - intrigue to become a character's guardian

Member - pilgrimage, intrigue to abduct child

Ringleader - assign missions to abduct for you (a la Assassins' murder assignment)

"Special execution" of kids is the "vanished without a trace", giving them to the society for power.

Events, more common as you go up the ranks, would be a chance to get the education events for children in the same court who you aren't guardian of.

Just kidnapping/influencing. That could lead to adultery when the kid grows up, or if someone has other mods as well, but in itself it's just for influence. Y'know, force the heir of a country to change religion/culture, impact their stats positively or negatively, form good or bad (non-sexual) relationships with them, hostages for security, and so on. Today's kids are tomorrow's kings, after all.

Not strictly DW content, except that the group of mods its for are set up for DW and, to a degree, depend on some of its files. Oh, and kidnapping children is pretty dark.

TREASURES:

Squirting dildo. (by Orlunu. No backstory or event was presented. Special feature is self impregnation.. maybe enabled by intrigue option or even dlself targeting? Suggested for: Futunari)

For those, who dont know l, what I'm talking about...

Here's link to newest developer diaries of Crusader Kings II: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Developer_diaries

Have a great day and thank you for your time! :)

Name TBD

Secret society

Aim is to get power over others' kids for the whole dynastic diplomacy thing, tying into a couple of mods I've been working on on-and-off which make the guardian role more powerful. Takes the form of a network of nannies &c and the power form is simply connections.

Ranks/powers

Contact - opinion boosts, can donate, "special execution"

Trusted Contact - intrigue to become a character's guardian

Member - pilgrimage, intrigue to abduct child

Ringleader - assign missions to abduct for you (a la Assassins' murder assignment)

"Special execution" of kids is the "vanished without a trace", giving them to the society for power.

Events, more common as you go up the ranks, would be a chance to get the education events for children in the same court who you aren't guardian of.

Treasures I'd have to think about.

Side note: Futa-oriented society should definitely have a squirting dildo treasure for self-impregnation.

Let me be clear. Is adultery with abducted targets included into society, or it's just kidnapping?

If kidnapping, powering guardian role and more are whole point of society, I'll add it to list. You or people here can expand upon that idea, if they want to.

But if sex and underage content is here included. Or in event... Even if in single one, I'm not going to add it into list, sorry. I don't want to have problems with rules.

About squirting dildo... ummm, is self impregnating even possible modwise? I guess I could add squirsquirting dildo to futa society list suggestions. But it's feature... I have no idea, if it's possible.

Oka! No problem everything added to list. Thank you.

If you decide to add information and ideas, I will update it gladly :).

By the way, this Societies aren't meant all to be for Dark World, but most mods here are submods for DW. Dark World itself is legend of Crusader Kings adult mods.

Societies could work with hierarchy as if it were a papacy but with different actions from one another, with the leader of hierarchy giving misoes to the player and these missions generating prestige. Will be added new portraits because if it is please add elfos I believe that it is not only me that is crazy for some elves.

Societies could work with hierarchy as if it were a papacy but with different actions from one another, with the leader of hierarchy giving misoes to the player and these missions generating prestige. Will be added new portraits because if it is please add elfos I believe that it is not only me that is crazy for some elves.

Well, yes.

It's like a papacy... of some sort. But you can also decline this quests. Some of cults generate for them even something else than prestige... Like dark power or knowledge. I doubt, that's it's just converted piety or prestige with another name o.o

About actions... yeah, that's why everyone can suggest their desired action for wanted society.

Awwwww man! I'm sooo excited, if new portraits are going to be part of the mod! Modders won't be so happy... But yeah.

Huh, I'm kinda surprised about this o.o

I expected this topic to be filled with interpretations of different societies mentioned in first post... expanding upon them. Huh o.o

Here's your chance to shine with ideas, guys annd gals. ^^

I know I myself am waiting to see how it works in the actual update before, I begin brainstorming. That aside... I guess a cult to perverse demons or monsters if we're being sexual, and if not standard knight Templar dedicated to God stuff.

Yeeey, I understand. I guess more people think this way.

I hope they unlock option to actually add mods, not just modify existing ones. That would suck so much.

About cult of demons. You mostly, in Dark World, have Lilith and her demons.

Expand upon this idea, if you want.

This all is just theoretical. I don't think actual DLC itself will work well. With complete honesty... Most paradox stuff is a little boring in CK2, since it's based on history.

Once DLC comes out, only thing remaining into confirm or decline suggested idea.

(I would have suggested crapload of things for some of these societies... but there's no fun in it. I'm quite a frequent posted, y'know.)

While I personally did not play the original Dark World mod, from my understanding the Church of Lilith used to be an actual religion that your ruler could be set to. In my opinion, since the idea behind Dark World seems to be that the world is more or less the same with some fantasy changes then I feel like the Church of Lilith should be a secret society dedicated to the obvious elimination of issues with lust and an expansion on it.

In my mind, a lot of the events that Dark World has now should be limited to behind the scenes society stuff as the society attempts to push such customs into being mainstream for the rulers lands. The Blood Moon ceremony no longer would involve sending invitations to everyone but held between cult members; things such as the stable event would be held in secret; and so on and so forth. As the Church of Lilith's grasp and influence grew in the realm new events would pop up pushing these things to be more widely accepted until people felt comfortable enough to actually worship Lilith openly. Granted, I feel like doing all this would be a lot of trouble seeing how a few patches and DLCs already hit Dark World hard. But I can dream! :P

Of course, along with this there would need to be societies dedicated to keeping the order of the world as it is. Possibly have heavy negative opinion traits for anyone that is found out to be of a race other than human (unless they're of a religion that accepts these people). Societies of these non-humans so they commune and hold themselves (and possibly their needs) in check. Personally, I think I'd adore any secret society related to the mystic trait; the usage of ceremonies for some steamy reads; and of course plenty of tentacles!

While I personally did not play the original Dark World mod, from my understanding the Church of Lilith used to be an actual religion that your ruler could be set to. In my opinion, since the idea behind Dark World seems to be that the world is more or less the same with some fantasy changes then I feel like the Church of Lilith should be a secret society dedicated to the obvious elimination of issues with lust and an expansion on it.

In my mind, a lot of the events that Dark World has now should be limited to behind the scenes society stuff as the society attempts to push such customs into being mainstream for the rulers lands. The Blood Moon ceremony no longer would involve sending invitations to everyone but held between cult members; things such as the stable event would be held in secret; and so on and so forth. As the Church of Lilith's grasp and influence grew in the realm new events would pop up pushing these things to be more widely accepted until people felt comfortable enough to actually worship Lilith openly. Granted, I feel like doing all this would be a lot of trouble seeing how a few patches and DLCs already hit Dark World hard. But I can dream! :P

Of course, along with this there would need to be societies dedicated to keeping the order of the world as it is. Possibly have heavy negative opinion traits for anyone that is found out to be of a race other than human (unless they're of a religion that accepts these people). Societies of these non-humans so they commune and hold themselves (and possibly their needs) in check. Personally, I think I'd adore any secret society related to the mystic trait; the usage of ceremonies for some steamy reads; and of course plenty of tentacles!

1) I absolutely agree with you. At first, succubus should start with secretly empowering herself and her allies. Empowering and bringing back strength of Lilith.

Yep, I old Dark world you had lilithian faith, pretty much in mid-phase of succubus.

Issues with lust. Yeah, yes, yes! I already can see some events with such theme of removing chastity, making people lustful and stuff. Great idea.

2) I guess this will be a feature... since if you got revealed in vanilla as Satanist, happy things aren't going to happen. Plus... I also put one anti-organisation on the list - Monster hunters. Aka hunters of everything supernatural and unhuman.

Totally agreed. I old and new Dark World world are these blood moon festival invitations pretty Annoying, when chaste characters decline. Or other ones for no reason. It should work much like carousing does.

Even, if your character becomes ruler of such society, he/she can openly, if influence of society if high enough, convert to lilithian faith and start converting realm. But on other way... Also revealing all members.

This concept can be expanded by many options.

Tentacles are uber-wanted feature :D

Archived