JFFv4 Not Exporting XML Correctly?

adelhyde

I'm trying to use Just For Fun v4 to edit and export this hdt xml belonging to the BnS Wanhunyi armor in an attempt to fix this violent movement/clipping issue with the cloth physics, however any attempts to save the edited XML file ends up with the file losing a significant amount of file size, as well as the contents becoming gibberish and causes CTD on game load. Can someone offer any advice on how to approach this issue or perhaps take a look at it themselves? Or maybe somehow I could edit my hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml to reduce the jittering? 

I downloaded the outfit from here: http://www.kawaiimods.com/armors/minous-wanhunyi-armor-bodyslide

xml in question I'm trying to edit is located at: meshes\Minoumimi\Minou Armors\Minou Wanhunyi\XMLF.XML

Yeah, forget JFF for this xml, it's not compatible.

Open the xml with a normal text editor. I use Sublime Text since I already use that for scripting but Wordpad should be good enough.

In the file header you will see this:

contentsversion="hk_2012.2.0-r1"

Which tells you that JFF can't handle this file (it might be able to open it but won't resave it successfully), since for that tool you need a file header that looks more like this:

contentsversion="hk_2013.1.0-r1"

Just replacing the file header doesn't help btw, seems like the formatting is completely different and JFF gets confused.

So you need to edit the xml in the plain text editor.

What you're probably looking for in all that gibberish is the term "collisionFilterInfo".

<hkparam name="collisionFilterInfo">0</hkparam>

This is usually bad since the zero there tells you that the rigidbody (a.k.a. skeleton bone) this entry refers to collides with everything in sight. Typical.  :angry:

Oh and if you need to know then you can find the name of the bone a little further down. The first entry you find in the file is for NPC R Thigh [RThg] for example.

The next thing you need to do is a crutch but I don't know any better way since you can't edit the file with JFF.

... So now open JFF. Yeah, I know, just do it.  :P

Now open any xml that's compatible with JFF, preferably a very small one with just one or 2 rigidbodies...

Here, try this one:

hdtbear.xml

Doubleclick the rigidbody - would be NPCGenitals01 [Gen01] for the file I uploaded.

In the lower part of the popup window change the Group ID to 11 and check box number 7 and uncheck box number 11.

Now all the boxes except for 11 should be checked.

Save the result and open it with the plain text editor. Again search for collisionfilterinfo.

Copy the number coming after that.

Should be 201324543

Open XMLF.xml and again search all the for collisionfilterinfo entries and replace the zero with 201324543

Actually I just did that myself, here it is.  ;)

XMLF.xml

Yeah, forget JFF for this xml, it's not compatible.

Open the xml with a normal text editor. I use Sublime Text since I already use that for scripting but Wordpad should be good enough.

In the file header you will see this:

contentsversion="hk_2012.2.0-r1"

Which tells you that JFF can't handle this file (it might be able to open it but won't resave it successfully), since for that tool you need a file header that looks more like this:

contentsversion="hk_2013.1.0-r1"

Not sure why it worked for me.

But JFFv4 handled your modded xml just fine. (Do i maybe have a runtime library you don't have?)

This XML is 100% from JFF  > modded__whF.xml

You'll see new header.  JFF did that.  File size bit larger.

Changed to much bigger mass values, plus lots of other changes.

Swicthed back and forth between disabled xml, your modded xml, and mine using racmenu to live-update.

Kinda cool seeing the different xmls (or no xml).

Archived