Dark/Light Blotches When Making Some Hairs Compatible with SSE - Need Help

So I have been fixing/optimizing the hair meshes from some of the lesser known hairpacks and ran into problems with shadow/ight bugs on some of the hairs.

Example:  Hepsy Hair #70

post-64505-0-05989800-1484538595_thumb.jpg

The spots are black when facing a light source and becomes light in the shadows or facing away from a light source.  How do I fix this?

TIA

Thanks for responding, Zaflis, but it's not the normalmap.

Eventually I found the solution which involved changing the mesh's vertices normal values to polygon face values.  The option to do this is not included with the latest pre-alpha nifskope which was what I was using so I had to start over using the old hair mesh and old Skyrim nifskope.

UPDATE

Thanks to Ousnius' advise, when running SSE Nif Optimizer to optimize old skyrim meshes for SSE, make sure to select 'Extras > Smooth Normals'.  This removes the dark blotches.  Not needed for every mesh, only those that are affected.

Archived