Stardew Valley Mod

Really does look quite impressive, especially if you could release a framework people could use to add animations to other areas as well. I'd vote for keeping the current resolution as is. Think of it as zooming in on the undetailed pixel art to see things better.

If you want to make it visual novel-like, though, I wonder if modding in a VN-esque full-body portrait type of dialogue window would be doable? I know people briefly talked about such a thing, and SV had such functionality in alpha stages but nothing ever came of it.

Looks really cool, and I always like seeing more depth in a game like this one.  Biggest issue I can think of is when people have a preferred character portrait changer or whatever they have, you might get a number of folks asking you to convert the character appearances in your sequences to look like their favourite appearance.  That said, the SDV mod community doesn't seem large enough for that to be a serious issue.

So yeah, you keep doing what you're doing, man.  Looks good, and it'd be interesting to see what it ends up as.  A framework might even lead to more people getting into working on the game, or at least more frameworks for stuff cropping (cropping.  Get it?) up to change how interactions with characters and stuff works.

A similar issue is the player character. I'll be looking at skinning options when i get further along, but when you throw mods into the mix there simply isn't a solution that's going to cut it. I really hope the mod community picks up though. It's actually surprisingly easy to mod if you're versed in C# and XNA.

So, an idea i'm working on is something called an "Ultra View" (UV). Basically all of my mod is housed in that UV. You press a mapped key when moused over an NPC and it'll bring up the UV with context sensitive actions. Those actions are derived from a script that's run for each NPC. You'd click those actions and the script would get a callback for each choice made and handle it on a per-case basis. So to that regard, it'd be completely open to other creators. I'll supply a bunch of helper methods such as getting friendship values, saving/reading values to disk, and UI methods.

Currently it's looking like Javascript for those scripts. 

A framework would be a good idea. Hmm.

As for portraits, i'd prefer to leave them as-is. On one hand, i like them. On the other, if an update comes out (which looks good seeing how active the dev is), it could easily break.

Ah, well, pity. Such a thing could allow for much more emotive portraits, but yeah, would probably need something like SMAPI and upkeep on any game update.

Looks pretty good, although I'm more of a fan of free sex rather than story paths and all that. Would be cool if there were sexual stats too like in Violated Heroine. (Visual indicator for how much semen in vagina etc)

Really? That's interesting. I've always felt it kind of cheapens the experience. I'd be really interested to know what the general consensus is on that: free sex or story-driven? 

Also, i've never played that game. What do stats like that add?

Make a new skill called Sex/Lovemaking that unlocks new postions, animations and partners and add a dildo tool that levels up.

I'll probably implement stats, but they'll be local to the mod and its menus. Items and NPCs will follow when the APIs have better support for that. Currently they're lacking quite a bit.

Looks pretty good, although I'm more of a fan of free sex rather than story paths and all that. Would be cool if there were sexual stats too like in Violated Heroine. (Visual indicator for how much semen in vagina etc)

Really? That's interesting. I've always felt it kind of cheapens the experience. I'd be really interested to know what the general consensus is on that: free sex or story-driven? 

It shows the status of the main characters pussy like how tight or whatever and how much semen is in her vagina but it's mostly just fluff.

Anyway the game is a sandbox pretty much, there's a lot of tiny quest lines that have different fetishes and stuff so it's more roleplaying than a defined story.

I'm surprised no one has tried to copy Violated Heroine actually since the game is quite simple and does not have many complicated h animations

http://violatedheroine.referata.com/wiki/H-Scenes

Make a new skill called Sex/Lovemaking that unlocks new postions, animations and partners and add a dildo tool that levels up.

I'll probably implement stats, but they'll be local to the mod and its menus. Items and NPCs will follow when the APIs have better support for that. Currently they're lacking quite a bit.

Story-driven usually is more interesting. 

Guest Honkblarg

Story driven would be a good way to start it, make it so that at heart events you could unlock a new tier, and then at each tier you can do certain things. So you can have a high skill in sex/lovemaking but wouldnt be able to use high sex stuff on someone you've just met. So like 8 hearts on abigail, you can do spooning, you know how to do anal but you dont have high enough connection to use it. Furthermore, you could then give each village person individual kinks and unique position animations on top of the vanilla animations like everyone can do spooning, but only Haley can deepthrout?

Spewing ideas as they come to mind.

Story driven it is then. As for what'll be included and how I characterize the NPC's, I plan on making them each as unique as possible. I'd like to have unique quirks and fetishes for each person that you can discover over time. Also, each person will have varying degrees of acceptance towards different things, and maxing out friendship probably won't get you laid unless you marry them. 

Progress update:

post-90845-0-72320900-1484989396.gif

I have a basic dialog system working now. There are still some kinks to work out such as the constant closing of the dialog box. This is currently only occurring when using NPC portraits. I also haven't figured out expressions, so if it's too hard to get working i may forgo the built-in portraits an do some emotive animations to stick somewhere on the screen.

I've got one more secret bit i want to get working, and then I'll begin fleshing out NPC scripts and doing more animations.

post-90845-0-72320900-1484989396_thumb.gif

This look really promising!

Personally, I don't mind that closing/opening window. Sure it's not perfect, but it's not that much of a deal.

The way when you get laid seems good. Maybe 10 Hearts will do it, too with bonus of marriage.

I was thinking about the player head. I don't think you can show all hear combos. Maybe a good way would be to let it out, somehow fade out near the neck. Sure, it shouldn't look like the headless horseman but maybe there is a way to make it look good.

I think this is most important for female player.

This look really promising!

Personally, I don't mind that closing/opening window. Sure it's not perfect, but it's not that much of a deal.

The way when you get laid seems good. Maybe 10 Hearts will do it, too with bonus of marriage.

I was thinking about the player head. I don't think you can show all hear combos. Maybe a good way would be to let it out, somehow fade out near the neck. Sure, it shouldn't look like the headless horseman but maybe there is a way to make it look good.

I think this is most important for female player.

Yeah, i was going to use either a single generic hairstyle or somehow obscure the face. Not much to be done to get around that issue other than avoiding it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Update: An RPG style dice check system!

post-90845-0-81182700-1485071626.gif

I plan on giving a number of stats to the player that'll be tracked and leveled by the framework. In the NPC scripts, there'll be a way to present options that can fail depending on the player's stats and luck. I may include other kinds of checks beyond what amounts to rolling a D10. Maybe a minigame, etc.

There's also the ability to show/hide options based on previously set variables in the NPC script.

post-90845-0-81182700-1485071626_thumb.gif

This isn't a SMAPI mod? 

I wouldn't be against it being integrated with SMAPI, I've chatted with the developer a couple times, he's a pretty cool guy.  I doubt he'd be excited about the sex aspect of things as anyone on LL but I know he'd be willing to help if he can.

Oh, it's using SMAPI. This wouldn't be possible without it. When this is released you'll need to run it with the SMAPI launcher. Sorry if that wasn't clear earlier.

Also, give those guys props. They're super responsive and the API is top-notch.