[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

Not sure if this is a bug but I thought I'd mention it anyways, with the new update all characters on new game have micro-penis and micro-balls nearly exclusively with a tiny amount having small_dick. Women have flat_ass and micro_tits same as men. Am I doing something wrong?

6 hours ago, Anieu said:

Not sure if this is a bug but I thought I'd mention it anyways, with the new update all characters on new game have micro-penis and micro-balls nearly exclusively with a tiny amount having small_dick. Women have flat_ass and micro_tits same as men. Am I doing something wrong?

In short, that is a bug.

I was ignoring it as a quirk of the random number generator but the more I got to looking at new game after new game the more I questioned my conclusion.  I sifted back though my code and found the problem.  I am working on code to correct the problem and have added this to the bug tracker for the current version here.

My "Become King of Greece" Bug

Reactivating the amazons was a red herring, as was the missing holy_sites.  The problem does indeed return to my centaurs.  In the entirety of vanilla CK2 there are only 3 instances of the add_ambition command.  I have 30 instances of that command in a single event.  Somehow, these ambitions are being tied back to the player in such a way that when I save the game and then load from my save, the last ambition in the list is assigned to me.  If I hover over it, the tooltip even tells me what character _really_ has the ambition that has somehow been tied to me.

I don't know how to fix this (yet).  :classic_angry:

Yes, the easy solution is just comment out those 30 add_ambition lines, but that doesn't tell me how I am using them wrong.  Unfortunately, studying the mere 3 instances of that command in the game is not yet clueing me in to what I am doing wrong.  :confused:

EDIT: So my brain says to me, "If you want to know how to use add_ambition correctly, consult the AGOT mod, for surely AGOT is nothing if not full of ambitious SOBs!"  Ha!  Wrong!  Where vanilla CK2 uses add_ambition 3 times, AGOT uses it but twice.  However, the answer was revealed to me in their code.  I need to make my own new custom ambition(s) with very specific criteria as to who can get them, then let the AI lose to chose the ambition itself.  That is not a small amount of work, but well within my capabilities.

So, the problem woth ambitions is on loading saves? It sounds really weird. Does it happen any time you use add_ambition regardless of the target, the chosen bition and the game state?

(also, missing holy sites can cause ctds when browsing the religion tab if you follow the affected religion, and maybe balance issues with moral authority, but nothing else I'm aware of).

So, do we still require to run your mods alongside DW? I'm kinda confused about that.

2 hours ago, ngppgn said:

So, the problem woth ambitions is on loading saves? It sounds really weird. Does it happen any time you use add_ambition regardless of the target, the chosen bition and the game state?

(also, missing holy sites can cause ctds when browsing the religion tab if you follow the affected religion, and maybe balance issues with moral authority, but nothing else I'm aware of).

So, do we still require to run your mods alongside DW? I'm kinda confused about that.

AS soon as I commented out those 30 "add_ambition" lines the problem stopped and hasn't returned.  I didn't run print_scope_effect to verify, but I am guessing if I did that somehow the player's scope is being tied back to the characters getting the ambition.

Adding in the missing holy sites didn't fix the problem, but at least I have them now.  :smile:

I believe that this version of NDPA still requires Dark World to run properly, but I haven't tested that.  My goal is to have it so that I maintain compatibility with Dark World and add features and events if Dark World is active, but that Dark World will not be required.  Until I rushed the rest of the old Darker Perversions content back into NDPA, it was functioning as a standalone with night wolves filling in for werewolves.

Keep watching though because very soon I believe I'll have the content split out so that things requiring Dark World are moved over to the DWR Compatibility module and the main module only has content that will run by itself.  At that point I'll release the AGOT and CK2Plus modules.  I even have the religion icon strips for them all sorted and working, which was an interesting challenge.

EDIT: @ngppgn here is the first section of the code that had the add_ambitions in it.  The rest is jsut copy/paste for the other 4 possible centaur locations.  If you want to look at it in your downloaded copy, it starts at line 2012 of NoxBCE_startup_events.txt.  The event itself is triggered higher in the same file from an event triggered by on_action.

character_event = {
	id = NOXBCE.2000
	hide_window = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		NOT = { has_game_rule = { name = nox_centaur_isle value = centaur_none } } 
	}

# Optional Centaur Lands:
	# Thessalia
	# Auvergne
	# Malta
	# Asyut (best guess for monastery of Saint Paul the Anchorite)
	# Centaurs in Pictish carved stones from north-east Scotland, erected in the 8th–9th centuries AD (e.g., at Meigle, Perthshire).

immediate = {
		if = {
			limit = {
				OR = {
					has_game_rule = { name = nox_centaur_isle value = centaur_all }
					has_game_rule = { name = nox_centaur_isle value = centaur_greek }
				}
			}
			c_thessalia = {							# Thessalia
				location = {
					culture = centaur_culture
					any_province_character = {
					}
				}
				create_character = {
					age = 16
					dynasty = culture
					trait = stubborn
					trait = fair
					trait = strong
					trait = lustful
					trait = brilliant_strategist
					trait = grey_eminence
					trait = midas_touched
					trait = strategist
					trait = ambitious
					trait = desert_terrain_leader
					health = 8.888
					fertility = 0.999
					historical = yes
				}
				new_character = {
					usurp_title = PREV
					change_martial = 16
					change_diplomacy = 16
					change_stewardship = 16
					# add_ambition = obj_become_king
					create_random_diplomat = {
						female = yes
						age = 16
						attributes = { diplomacy = 20 }
						dynasty = culture
						trait = stubborn
						trait = fair
						trait = strong
						trait = lustful
						trait = ambitious
						health = 8.888
						fertility = 0.999
						historical = yes
					}
					new_character = {
						give_job_title = job_chancellor
						# add_ambition = obj_marry_ruler
						impregnate = prev
					}
					create_random_soldier = {
						female = yes
						age = 16
						attributes = { martial = 20 }
						dynasty = culture
						trait = stubborn
						trait = fair
						trait = strong
						trait = lustful
						trait = ambitious
						health = 8.888
						fertility = 0.999
						historical = yes
					}
					new_character = {
						give_job_title = job_marshal
						impregnate = prev
					}
					create_random_steward = {
						female = yes
						age = 16
						attributes = { stewardship = 20	}
						dynasty = culture
						trait = stubborn
						trait = fair
						trait = strong
						trait = lustful
						trait = ambitious
						health = 8.888
						fertility = 0.999
						historical = yes
					}
					new_character = {
						give_job_title = job_treasurer
						impregnate = prev
					}
					create_random_intriguer = {
						female = yes
						age = 16
						attributes = { intrigue = 20 }
						dynasty = culture
						trait = stubborn
						trait = fair
						trait = strong
						trait = lustful
						trait = ambitious
						health = 8.888
						fertility = 0.999
						historical = yes
					}
					new_character = {
						give_job_title = job_spymaster
						impregnate = prev
					}
					create_random_priest = {
						female = no
						age = 16
						attributes = { learning = 20 }
						dynasty = culture
						trait = stubborn
						trait = fair
						trait = strong
						trait = lustful
						trait = ambitious
						health = 8.888
						fertility = 0.999
						historical = yes
					}
					new_character = {
						give_job_title = job_spiritual
						# add_ambition = obj_get_married
						impregnate = prev
					}
				}
			}
		}

16 hours ago, Abominus said:

I have tried Aloha (have changed balls etc. to the discussed standard) + DP + DW

Aloha + DW

DP + DW

Only Aloha

Only DW

Every time the big dick trait is displayed as big_dick when DP is activated, but not the other dick-traits, and only with DP. How does the game know, what localization to load?

@Abominus:  I am fixing this bug.  Would you like to give me the German translation for this so I can add it in also?

gigantic_dick;Monster Dick;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
gigantic_dick_desc;This monstrosity really is as big as a horse, if not bigger.  Fully erect, auto-felatio would not be a problem at all if the owner of this beast were to just look down and open their mouth.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

OPEN DISCUSSION: Copy vs. Compatibility - a Question of Ethics and Style

As I work on returning NDPA to a state where it can run without any other MODs active - something that is needed for maximum compatibility with different total conversion MODs - I am torn between copying stuff I need from the mods that have it versus making my own equivalents to take over the same function.  For a reference, I have been somewhat running on the old WoTC d20 limits.  Mechanically, most things were open to the public for use, but D&D specific things like the various Bigby's <whatever> Hand spells had to be renamed to generic versions in order to be used because Bigsby was a Greyhawk character. 

When it comes to CK2 MODs, I am trying to apply something similar.  Unless I have permission otherwise, I am trying to avoid copying general story events over, but I am less concerned about copying mechanics.  If an event only serves a mechanics purpose and the player doesn't even see the event, then that is one thing.  However, if an event contains story text then I feel differently about it. 

Graphics become an even more convoluted ethical dilemma since most of us are using graphics without the knowledge or permission of the original artist.  For simple things like trait icons, I don't feel bad at all, but for event pictures I am less certain where I want to draw the line.  Racial/cultural graphics are a lot of work and definitely should not be used without permission, yet my Frozen Hybrids are made with AGOT graphic assets.  (In that one specific case, I had once found a post giving permission to use the AGOT assets as long as credit was given.) 

For a different view, lets make use of the Dark World stables event as an example.  The text is definitely @dewguru's but I stumbled across one of the same images he used for that event on e621.  Because of that, I would feel less guilt in using the same image since we both copied it from someone else.  BTW, the Dark World examples are just examples.  @dewguru gave me permission to use his Dark World assets long before I make my first mod public.  Still, even with that, I am reluctant to want to just copy his events into my mod and go on my merry way with something I am calling "stand alone."

I would love to hear other people's perspectives on this.

My main concern about copying is the loss of the uniqueness of your mod. If the content can be found elsewhere, you somehow wash away that little thing that makes your mod peculiar. This is also why easter eggs are easter eggs: little bits of content as a wink to something else. If what you copy are mechanics, if that mechanic is good and not specific to a universe (d20), then why not?

9 minutes ago, bicobus said:

My main concern about copying is the loss of the uniqueness of your mod. If the content can be found elsewhere, you somehow wash away that little thing that makes your mod peculiar. This is also why easter eggs are easter eggs: little bits of content as a wink to something else. If what you copy are mechanics, if that mechanic is good and not specific to a universe (d20), then why not?

You have a different reasoning as to why (and I like it), but this fits in perfectly with what I was thinking and using as a basic guideline. 

Let me ask you a specific one now.  I have a lot of unique content for demonoids.  Should I... 1) copy the lilith and incubus traits and mechanics compatible with my lore and make that content a part of NDPA; 2) restrict that content to the Dark World Compatibility Module (which removes it from use in say AGOT, CK2Plus, or Warhammer); or 3) do what I did with my Night Wolves and make my own incubus and succubus variants for use with any other mods?  I see all 3 choices as (nearly) equally valid.

If you plan to expand upon existing mods, you should cater to those mods. Does it make sense to have a lillith mechanic in AGoT? I doubt it. Well AGoT is already fucked up as it is and I don't feel the need to add a darkworld style mod on top of it.

Basically, would the copied mechanics provide something relevant and interesting to those mods?

13 minutes ago, bicobus said:

If you plan to expand upon existing mods, you should cater to those mods. Does it make sense to have a lillith mechanic in AGoT? I doubt it. Well AGoT is already fucked up as it is and I don't feel the need to add a darkworld style mod on top of it.

Basically, would the copied mechanics provide something relevant and interesting to those mods?

Whatever I have in the core of NDPA, I want to be able to use in any of the other total conversion MODs I plan on supporting.  Just for an example, for story purposes the night wolves enter the game trying to claim the places they deem to be holy to give Grandfather Wolf more power.  So, mechanically, I have different holy lands for different total conversion mods.  Here are the ones for "regular" Earth and Westeros:

# CK2 World
c_monemvasia = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}
c_roma = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}
c_bergenshus = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}
c_ossory = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}
c_gevaudan = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}

#--------------------------------------------------------------------#

# #AGOT:
c_wolfswood = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}
c_oxcross  = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}
c_whiteharbor = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}
c_bearisland = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}
c_oldstones = {
	holy_site = wolfgod
}

In contrast, the Bastards of Christ will only work for an Earth based game (without a LOT of additional story).

Yeah, so the requirement to copy a mechanic from mod to mod would comes from a need introduced by an element of a story. Which means you'd need a story first, and craft one for each mod you want to support if their own lore are too far apart.

CK2 is the ultimate descendant of the "you are the hero" books or other fighting fantasy books. We are crafting ourselves from a story.

24 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Yeah, so the requirement to copy a mechanic from mod to mod would comes from a need introduced by an element of a story. Which means you'd need a story first, and craft one for each mod you want to support if their own lore are too far apart.

CK2 is the ultimate descendant of the "you are the hero" books or other fighting fantasy books. We are crafting ourselves from a story.

Thanks.  I really enjoyed the discussion and your viewpoints.  :smile:  

Hey, Nox? First of all, love your work, keep it up! <3 Second, I see you're doing some standalone stuff, sweet. It's been a long time since I played CK2 with all these goodies and I'm at a loss as to what I should be downloading and using, etc... Currently I'm using DW:R and a few of the other mods tied to it. I recall last time there was a lot of issue with identical traits having slightly different names and doubling up, some even having slightly different values or icons. Just thought I'd ask and see if you have an answer before I start fuddling about for hours clanking things together. Again, thank you, and of course all the other dedicated perverts! -Rurik

43 minutes ago, RurikOnStrike said:

Hey, Nox? First of all, love your work, keep it up! <3 Second, I see you're doing some standalone stuff, sweet. It's been a long time since I played CK2 with all these goodies and I'm at a loss as to what I should be downloading and using, etc... Currently I'm using DW:R and a few of the other mods tied to it. I recall last time there was a lot of issue with identical traits having slightly different names and doubling up, some even having slightly different values or icons. Just thought I'd ask and see if you have an answer before I start fuddling about for hours clanking things together. Again, thank you, and of course all the other dedicated perverts! -Rurik

It is my hope that I have resolved all of those issues.  There may be problem with @Liqui Turtle's DWETOS until it is updated to match the standard we all agreed upon.  I believe @Abominus is working on updating ALoHa to the new standard as well.  I personally experienced a problem when running the previous DWR version with Christianity MOD in that when you go to sell a branded slave you would crash to desktop.  However, there may have been another MOD or even my own code causing the incompatibility at the time. 

The previous page has the bug tracker for this release.  The upload I will be making later tonight addresses all of those bugs so far reported.

Upcoming Upload Commentary

Sometime within the next 8 hours I am planning on posting the next revision.  However, instead of it being a hotfix, I am going to actually call it a new version because tonight's upload should return NDPA to stand-alone functionality!!!

To make that happen, two of the larger event chains were moved from the core NDPA module to the NDPA Dark World Compatibility module.  They are "House of Discretion" and "Horsing Around."  If you want to experience either of these, you will need Dark World Reborn and the aforementioned compatibility module.  Nearly everything else looks like it will be no less functional on its own than it was on yesterday's release.  As of this moment, I am not guaranteeing any other compatibility modules in tonight's upload; however, there is a very slight possibility that the AGOT compatibility module will be uploaded as well.

The bug tracker for yesterday's release will serve as the primary changelog:

1. *FIXED*  @noxbestia: nightwolf omega trait is getting randomly applied to non night wolves.  Fixing this adds in two new traits so save games will be broken.  Sorry.
  2. CHANGE:  @bicobusnew ass_size trait icons incorporated!
  3. RETURN:  @noxbestia: Amazon rulers will switch to enatic succession.  WARNING: Males with an Amazon religion will abdicate to a female ruler!
  4. *FIXED*  @noxbestia: The "King of Greece" ambition bug returned just as soon as I reactivated the Amazons.  At least it wasn't being caused by the Centaurs like I had thought.  Well... yes, it was the centaurs.  More precisely it was me using add_ambition incorrectly.  In the future I will write a special ambition so that centaurs will try to form a kingdom of their own, but for right now only a player can form it anyway so this gets back-burnered and the immediate problem is believed to be solv-ed.
  5. *FIXED*  @Abominus: penis localisation strings are incorrect.  I also added in the German translations provided by @Abominus for the penis size traits.
  6. *FIXED*  @AnieuA disproportionate number of people have micro endowments.
  7. *FIXED*  @noxbestia: "leaky cock" trait is showing up before puberty.
  8. CHANGE:  @noxbestia: The following story events and decisions have been moved to the "Dark World Reborn Compatibility" module and will not be available in the standalone core of NDPA: "The Hall of Discretion" and "Horsing Around."  To experience these events you will have to have the following three MODs active: Dark World Reborn, NoxBestia Darkest Perversions Alone, and NoxBestia DPA-Dark World Custom.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions Alone 

Version 0.0.0.2.0 has been uploaded!

This version is compatible with CK2 version 2.8.1.1

Requires Dark World Reborn 1.61 or higher

This is NOT compatible with the original Darkest Perversions MOD!

Files Have Been Moved!

You Must Delete the Previous Version (both folders)

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Standalone mode is currently functional, but mostly untested.  

NDPA 0.0.0.2.x Bugs!

1. *placeholder*

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

So the specifics for dark world, "House of Discretion" and "Horsing Around", will be uploaded later, is that right?

They are there in the NoxDPA-DarkWorldReborn_Supplement folder.  They are jsut optional now in case you want to experiment with this in standalone mode without Dark World Reborn running.

11 hours ago, noxbestia said:

OPEN DISCUSSION: Copy vs. Compatibility - a Question of Ethics and Style

As I work on returning NDPA to a state where it can run without any other MODs active - something that is needed for maximum compatibility with different total conversion MODs - I am torn between copying stuff I need from the mods that have it versus making my own equivalents to take over the same function.  For a reference, I have been somewhat running on the old WoTC d20 limits.  Mechanically, most things were open to the public for use, but D&D specific things like the various Bigby's <whatever> Hand spells had to be renamed to generic versions in order to be used because Bigsby was a Greyhawk character. 

When it comes to CK2 MODs, I am trying to apply something similar.  Unless I have permission otherwise, I am trying to avoid copying general story events over, but I am less concerned about copying mechanics.  If an event only serves a mechanics purpose and the player doesn't even see the event, then that is one thing.  However, if an event contains story text then I feel differently about it. 

Graphics become an even more convoluted ethical dilemma since most of us are using graphics without the knowledge or permission of the original artist.  For simple things like trait icons, I don't feel bad at all, but for event pictures I am less certain where I want to draw the line.  Racial/cultural graphics are a lot of work and definitely should not be used without permission, yet my Frozen Hybrids are made with AGOT graphic assets.  (In that one specific case, I had once found a post giving permission to use the AGOT assets as long as credit was given.) 

For a different view, lets make use of the Dark World stables event as an example.  The text is definitely @dewguru's but I stumbled across one of the same images he used for that event on e621.  Because of that, I would feel less guilt in using the same image since we both copied it from someone else.  BTW, the Dark World examples are just examples.  @dewguru gave me permission to use his Dark World assets long before I make my first mod public.  Still, even with that, I am reluctant to want to just copy his events into my mod and go on my merry way with something I am calling "stand alone."

I would love to hear other people's perspectives on this.

You're more than welcome to copy over parts, or the entirety of my mods.  People like flavor, and you add flavor.  Plus everything I made, I made to share.  (Not including what I borrowed for event graphics.)

When it comes to event pictures, a lot I was able to acquire through google, but the "Futa Content Thread" for Skyrim here on LL provided me a unique avenue and when I went that direction I asked permission.  I asked because I had a clear person to ask from. (Not always the case with google.)

I personally don't see a problem borrowing other free resources to include in your free resource (mod) as long as you don't claim credit for the creations.  Credit folks where credit is due, and sample away.

1 hour ago, noxbestia said:

They are there in the NoxDPA-DarkWorldReborn_Supplement folder.  They are jsut optional now in case you want to experiment with this in standalone mode without Dark World Reborn running.

When do you suppose I should expect more content added to the "House of Discretion"? 

I don't know why, but with this mod active I'm experiencing a high degree of attrition, and even my game locking up when I begin besieging a coastal province called "Assab" in Ethiopia.

I'm also getting graphics glitches with the religion icons. I'm guessing this mod isn't stable to be used with other mods that add religions such as ancient religions?

edit: The game is actually locking up in a given time past a certain point. I would share the save, but I'm also using some custom mods, and plenty of others, although the only ones I could think would be interfering would be shattered world, and ancient religions.