[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

Is it planed to integrate the "rules" you can chose at the beginning into the other dark xxx mods?

While I can make my mod utilize Dark World's rules (or even CK2 core rules), it takes a lot more work and often interaction between mod developers to make other rules work cross-mod.  Before version 0.0.3.4 Darkest Perversions was designed with and tried to maintain compatibility with a few other mods, but then I was gone for nearly half a year and lost touch with a couple of the other mod developers.  

I am always willing to work with other developers to make sure we have compatibility and interoperability.  At one time I started to write a guide on how other moders could make use of things in darkest Perversions, but that felt both presumptuous and pretentious of me, so I never did it.

Adding blackmail sex for those with high enough intrigue could be an option?

An interesting idea. Are you meaning blackmail someone into having sex with you, or after having sex with someone use it as a method to blackmail them?

Correct me, if I'm wrong but isn't this already planned in Sexual Manipulation mechanics?

Is it planed to integrate the "rules" you can chose at the beginning into the other dark xxx mods?

While I can make my mod utilize Dark World's rules (or even CK2 core rules), it takes a lot more work and often interaction between mod developers to make other rules work cross-mod.  Before version 0.0.3.4 Darkest Perversions was designed with and tried to maintain compatibility with a few other mods, but then I was gone for nearly half a year and lost touch with a couple of the other mod developers.  

I am always willing to work with other developers to make sure we have compatibility and interoperability.  At one time I started to write a guide on how other moders could make use of things in darkest Perversions, but that felt both presumptuous and pretentious of me, so I never did it.

OK, I see, would you mind if I take a look at some of the mods here, since I already am playing with them and send you (how? Can I upload files?) and the changed files for you to implement them (eg a seperate folder in your mod which has to be moved to the modfolder manually)? I use winmerge to see, what has changed eg from your last version to the actual to see and learn.

And, to come back to my first inquiry, should I make a mod myself or can I send (upload?) the modified files to you to implement them next time?

Oh, before I forget it: Nice mod :D.

Ah, one little question: Nox Event 800 (or so) seems not to have any text in the localisation.

---<snip>---

Anyway...

It took me 3,5 hours to put this together. I hope it helps out or is used in upcoming updates.

Feedback will be very appreciated.

P.S: Sorry for the misspelling and errors. I've been writing this for hours... and here's almost 5 AM. I'm kinda tired.

P.S.S: Rest in pepperoni Noxbestia. Reading such amount of text must be really annoyingly frustrating.

(But i love the possibility of comminuty cooperation and state of current quick progress updates)

That's how it should be done!

I read all of it last night and there are definitely some ideas I can use.  I had already added a rape kink (both for rapists and being raped) that needs integrated into events going forward (and retro-fitted into some of the existing ones).  Rape victims with this kink will have a positive modifier towards their rapists.  

With the new kink system I just came up with, once a person has had enough exposure to be "introduced" to a kink they can chose one of 4 responses that basically boil down to wanting to pursue both active and passive roles (rapist and rape victim in this case), active only, passive only, or a fourth option that sates they want to get away from that kink.  This fourth option was what I was discussing above with others about needing a cost.  So far, the feedback is 2 against a cost and 1 for a cost.  

A person who takes either the "switch" or "passive" option in this case will no longer have an automatic negative opinion penalty of someone who rapes them in the future, but there wont be a positive modifier either until the person has had enough experiences to gain the full kink trait.  To integrate this into your ideas, an event your system would label as "basic rape" might only be worth one kink point, while a scene that would qualify for "publicly raped" should be worth 2 or 3 kink points.  

Currently, with the system untested and not yet balanced, 10 kink points are needed to be considered "introduced" or "on the path" to a kink.  To actually get the kink trait needs 27 points.  I pulled these numbers out of my ass, so they will probably change once I have scenes that use these we can see how it feels in the game.

I currently have one active rape decision in the mod.  If you are a futa you can target a woman you want to try to impregnate.  If their opinion if you is high enough and/or they have certain traits, they'll do it.  If not, they decline.  You have the option to respect their wishes or to try to force yourself upon them.  The second half of that system was not written, so currently you automatically succeed, impregnate them, and they have no positive or negative feelings towards you.  Not how I want it to work at all, but I threw it in there before I had come up with the kink system and before I have even begun to start looking at rape mechanics in earnest.

An interesting idea.  Are you meaning blackmail someone into having sex with you, or after having sex with someone use it as a method to blackmail them?

Why not both?

An interesting idea. Are you meaning blackmail someone into having sex with you, or after having sex with someone use it as a method to blackmail them?

Correct me, if I'm wrong but isn't this already planned in Sexual Manipulation mechanics?

They have a similar idea where you could threaten someone with rape if they didn't do what you wanted or offer them sex as an incentive to do something for you.  It was more of a coercion mechanic than a blackmail system.  It was also started long before conclave so favors weren't a thing yet either.  I still need to decide how to integrate favors into sex.  I definitely think there should be some mechanic that allows you to use favors for a night of sex with the person who owes you the favor or one of their charges, but I haven't written anything in for that yet.

I'm against the cost.

Why?

You have introduced us the possibility of ALL AI having kinks. I'm personally mortally afraid of CK2 AI because of its stupidity.

Let's say your current character really enjoyed one of their kinks.

Suddenly... he/she died. Rest in pepperoni.

And now you're playing as current heir, who is zealous and chaste. But prefers being raped by heretic infidels. Does this make sense? Hell no.

Or you have kind and just character... who secretly brutally mutilates his/her victims. Nonsense.

So... as compensation you should have ONE getaway ticket from your current undesired kink. With possibility to shift to it or find yourself a new one.

I think making it without drawback can be pretty good choice for balancing... considering all possible event scenarios, exposure and various effects of kinks.

And I agree with you. This kink mechanic is possibly one of first priorities.

Without it completed, other actions, events and mechanics make little sense.

Even if done before kink system, update will be needed to integrate previous events into kink system.

So yeah... I can see, why this is a priority.

OK, I see, would you mind if I take a look at some of the mods here, since I already am playing with them and send you (how? Can I upload files?) and the changed files for you to implement them (eg a seperate folder in your mod which has to be moved to the modfolder manually)? I use winmerge to see, what has changed eg from your last version to the actual to see and learn.

And, to come back to my first inquiry, should I make a mod myself or can I send (upload?) the modified files to you to implement them next time?

Oh, before I forget it: Nice mod :D.

Ah, one little question: Nox Event 800 (or so) seems not to have any text in the localisation.

There is no good way I can test any kind of rules for other mods unless I am also using those other mods, which I am not going to do at this time unless one of the other mod developers specifically wants to work with me on integration and cross-compatibility.  

Just adding in a rule doesn't make it work.  Every event that rule could affect has to be modified to check for the settings of said rule.  Right now it doesn't matter what choices you make in the Dark World rules, any werewolves that are a part of my mod will show up.  I have to go to every place in my mod that can generate a werewolf and make it check for the the Dark World werewolf rule for that rule to do any good in my mod.  That process has to be repeated for every rule of his that can affect something in mine.  The same goes for the CK2 built-in rules.  None of them will have any control over any of my events until i go in a program my event to check for the rule.  If I were to start doing that for other mods that this wasn't being specifically designed for, I'd have to stop working on doing any new development for this mod and spend weeks just integrating other people's rules into my events.  

Now, eventually my mod will respect dark world rules and CK2 rules.  Once I do that, certain rule choices would need to completely disable my mod, like the no supernatural events CK2 rule since my mod is entirely based on the supernatural.  Now, even after I go though everything needed to make my mod respect jsut CK2 and Dark World rules, neither of those will respect rules set in my mod.  At this time, there is very little value in me spending the time to do that.  Once I am at least in beta, then I'll consider integrating other mod and CK2 rules into my system.

Now, as for your last question, the event chain that starts with NOX_yiff.800 is the trap event chain that I have been discussing with @Ashra XIII that I want to get finished before I move 0.0.4.0 from preview status into the current live alpha version.  Its events were commented out in the localisation until I have more of them done.

I'm against the cost.

Why?

You have introduced us the possibility of ALL AI having kinks. I'm personally mortally afraid of CK2 AI because of its stupidity.

And now you're playing as current heir, who is zealous and chaste. But prefers being raped by heretic infidels. Does this make sense? Hell no.

Or you have kind and just character... who secretly brutally mutilates his/her victims. Nonsense.

So... as compensation you should have ONE getaway ticket from your current undesired kink. With possibility to shift to it or find yourself a new one.

I think making it without drawback can be pretty good choice for balancing... considering all possible event scenarios, exposure and various effects of kinks.

Even if done before kink system, update will be needed to integrate previous events into kink system.

My browser just crashed and I lost a massive reply to this post.  :(

In short, while answering you the first time I realized that you are correct that the first time you are warned that a kink is developing you should get a free option to say you don't want to go down that path.  The second time for the same potential kink will have a cost.  The third time will have a larger cost.

As for selecting a kink for your character, or replacing one you have, that isn't how the system is designed to work at all.  You never get to just go and say I want the watersports kink or I want the foodsex kink.  Here is how it happens:
  1. You will earn kink points from events that have that kink in them.  
  2. Depending on your reaction in those events, you may end up earning even more kink points for some or all of the kinks in that event.
  3. When you build up enough kink points in a single kink (currently that number is 10) you will be notified that you are on the path to developing that kink.  
    1. Yay if it is a kink you want.  You can then decide if you want to focus on being a giver or receiver of that kink, (or both) and the MTTH of any event with that kink should be affected to make it more likely to randomly happen.  (I also plan on many of the kink events having a random chance to abort that is influenced by flags regarding the kinks in those events.)
    2. But if it is a kink you don't want, then the first notification you get will drop your points in that kink down to 1 point (or 2 points if you have earned points both as a giver and as a receiver of that kink).  It will also adjust the MTTH and random abort flags of events with that kink so they are less likely to fire as often.
    3. The second time you are back up to 10 points in the kink, there is a cost (probably a mix of piety to atone for all the times you have done that kink and prestige for appearing 2-faced about your interest in the kink) to say you don’t want to be on the path.  Again, that will drop to 1 or 2 points.
    4. The third and subsequent times you reach 10 points in that kink will have a much higher cost in order to get it back down.
  4. When you build up enough points to actually earn the trait associated with this kink (currently that number is 27), then your character now has that trait and probably will for the rest of their life unless I write events that can remove kinks from a person.  Right now I have no desire to do that, but that may change also.
So what if you end up playing a character that has already earned a kink you don’t like?  Same answer as in regular CK2 when you end up playing an heir who has no good scores, is an imbecile, is inbred, is weak, and has no heirs.  ;)

The Kink Warning System

Here are the initial numbers I am programming into the system for the cost of avoiding a kink your character is developing.  Note that I have used scaled_piety and scaled_prestige so that the system will grow and expand with your realm.  The penalties are also slightly lower for merchants, notably lower for tribal, and lowest for nomadic peoples.  Once I have enough events using this system and we get people play-testing it, these nubmers may be adjusted if needed.

FIRST WARNING
     ***Free to all***
SECOND WARNING
     Nomad        scaled_prestige = -0.0125 & scaled_piety = -0.0125
     Tribal       scaled_prestige = -0.0250 & scaled_piety = -0.0250
     Merchant     scaled_prestige = -0.0625 & scaled_piety = -0.0375
     Feudal       scaled_prestige = -0.0750 & scaled_piety = -0.0750
THIRD WARNING
     Nomad        scaled_prestige = -0.0250 & scaled_piety = -0.0250
     Tribal       scaled_prestige = -0.0500 & scaled_piety = -0.0500
     Merchant     scaled_prestige = -0.1250 & scaled_piety = -0.0750
     Feudal       scaled_prestige = -0.1500 & scaled_piety = -0.1500
MORE WARNINGS
     Nomad        scaled_prestige = -0.0500 & scaled_piety = -0.0500
     Tribal       scaled_prestige = -0.1000 & scaled_piety = -0.1000
     Merchant     scaled_prestige = -0.2500 & scaled_piety = -0.1500
     Feudal       scaled_prestige = -0.3000 & scaled_piety = -0.3000

Don't have time to read all the discussion atm but I wanted to let you now that the script to asign randomly doubledong couple pages back is wrong. The is_fwther_real_father need to be outside of the father = {} scope change. You want to ask to the root character if his father is his real father but you are currently asking wether his father's father is his father's real father.

Will try to read and answer the didcussion later.

Edit: seeing the table above there's something that you should note: numbers in ck2 only have up to 3 decimal digits.

Edit2: regarding the kink point system. Ok, now I get you better. Points are sort of "experience" you have in each kink, whereas I thought initially they represented sort of the "opinion" a character has towards a kink.

Then again, I'd say the penalty should be personal (traits or modifiers like stressed or depressed for forcefully steering yourself away from your lifestyle) as well as opinion hits woth practicioners of the kink you are rejecting. Maybe follow-up event if a dissapointed kink-partner tries to slanders or blackmail you in revenge for letting him/her down.

Uh. Uh.

I've got an idea how to balance various mechanics of kink mechanic without getting punished by AI stupidity.

PLAYER, not the AI will have special targeted action called "Isolate".

It can be used on ANY dynasty member and removed by ANY dynasty leader played by alive human being.

Isolation will simply give character a trait: "Isolated". This character is simply put into 24 hour protection, guarded or being held in tower like Rapunzel. They will still be in court, they will gain their traits, cheat, sleep or have fun... But won't develop anything serious.

With this trait, character cant simply get any kink experience or have kink trait.

Kinky events wont also trigger or be applied due "Does not have 'Isolated' trait" check.

But... once player is in skin of character with Isolated trait, he/she will be free to remove the trait and go for any desired kink.

(Even if first decline is free, even if third is expansive... it wont matter, because AI can fo dumb decisions).

With this, player would have micromanagement ability for their dynasty.

Don't have time to read all the discussion atm but I wanted to let you now that the script to asign randomly doubledong couple pages back is wrong. The is_fwther_real_father need to be outside of the father = {} scope change. You want to ask to the root character if his father is his real father but you are currently asking wether his father's father is his father's real father.

Will try to read and answer the didcussion later.

Edit: seeing the table above there's something that you should note: numbers in ck2 only have up to 3 decimal digits.

Edit2: regarding the kink point system. Ok, now I get you better. Points are sort of "experience" you have in each kink, whereas I thought initially they represented sort of the "opinion" a character has towards a kink.

Then again, I'd say the penalty should be personal (traits or modifiers like stressed or depressed for forcefully steering yourself away from your lifestyle) as well as opinion hits woth practicioners of the kink you are rejecting. Maybe follow-up event if a dissapointed kink-partner tries to slanders or blackmail you in revenge for letting him/her down.

Scopes, man!  Fargin scopes!  /laughs.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll double-check it, but it was copied directly from CK2 event code.  We all know their code is never wrong.   ;)  (no disrespect to the CK2 team of course)  Seriously though, your technical knowledge of the engine never ceases to amaze me.  

I know _some_ numbers go beyond 3 decimals (from a save file: eyi=1.20007) but I don't know which ones do and which ones don't.  Assuming those don't, do you know if the Clauswitz engine rounds (if so up or down on a 5?) or just truncates?  It doesn't terribly matter much either way, so long as the 4th decimal doesn't blow stuff up.   :)

For now I'll keep piety and prestige as the costs, but I may change that once the system is heavily in use and I get too much angry feedback.  Whatever I use, it needs to be something a player can "run out of" so stressed and depressed wont work for what I want.  Perhaps the tooltips for that choice will help:

1. This is your first notification so there is no cost to your piety or prestige for this option.  With luck you won’t reach this point again.
  2. This is your second warning.  You will lose a small amount of piety to atone for all the times you have partook of this kink and you will lose a small amount of prestige for appearing to others as a hypocrite.
  3. This is your third warning.  You will lose more piety to atone for all the times you have partook of this kink and you will lose more prestige for appearing to others as a hypocrite.
  4. With continued warnings about this kink, you will lose significant piety to atone for all the times you have partook of it and you will lose significant prestige for appearing to others as a hypocrite.  Maybe you should just embrace it?

Again, thank you for your feedback and corrections.

Uh. Uh.

I've got an idea how to balance various mechanics of kink mechanic without getting punished by AI stupidity.

PLAYER, not the AI will have special targeted action called "Isolate".

It can be used on ANY dynasty member and removed by ANY dynasty leader played by alive human being.

Isolation will simply give character a trait: "Isolated". This character is simply put into 24 hour protection, guarded or being held in tower like Rapunzel. They will still be in court, they will gain their traits, cheat, sleep or have fun... But won't develop anything serious.

With this trait, character cant simply get any kink experience or have kink trait.

Kinky events wont also trigger or be applied due "Does not have 'Isolated' trait" check.

But... once player is in skin of character with Isolated trait, he/she will be free to remove the trait and go for any desired kink.

(Even if first decline is free, even if third is expansive... it wont matter, because AI can fo dumb decisions).

With this, player would have micromanagement ability for their dynasty.

My initial reaction is no... but... again, it does get me thinking.  I may take your advice and add some things to help a player protect (or even defile) their heirs, but I definitely want there to be jeopardy of AI interference.   :dodgy: 

Remember, even with all the AI's stupidity, well thought out events and options can bring it back into line.  If I make sure that all my rape events check for traits like kind there is less chance of kind characters becoming rapists.  Lots of things like that, however, even the best designer can't think of all possibilities beforehand.  And even when you do get most of them, there is always the equivalent of "rolling a 1" in D&D.   ;)

We'll have to see how things play out once there are enough events that this system actually comes into play.  It certainly wont be ready by 0.0.4.0, though I think in 0.0.4.0 I'll have a couple of events start setting some kink variables.  That might have to wait.  I am still trying to get "The Trap Family Fuckers" finished so I can upload 0.0.4.0 and move on to werewolf abuse and guard dog sex.

EDIT: That does remind me... each kink wont come into play in the system until events are written for it, or until kink values are assigned to individual events.  That means we wont see anyone getting any foodplay points (or the kink itself) until I (or someone) writes a foodplay scene or two.  Possibly some not-yet-written scenes in the trap event I am working on will lead to kink points, but I expect it will be the werewolf and guard dog events that really start bringing them in.

EDIT2: Okay, that was a bad example because Dark World itself has at least 2 foodplay scenes in it.  :P

I'm just little afraid of AI. Okey... really afraid of AI.

Because of pure length of my games. I usually tend to run around 800-1500 year long campaign (I have modified date... so I can possibly play to year 9999).

And meanwhile AI characters simply tend to do all kinds of unbelievable and stupid stuff.

Again... I'm not against tools to protect heirs and desired characters against some effects.

I'm not against defiling desired characters at all.

As long as it's under control... or somewhat under control.

Because after 200+ years characters tend to be very weird. And dynasties all kinds of fucked up.

Anyways. I trust you'll make everything here right. Its a long way to go, but nothing great was built over one night.

I'm against the cost.

Why?

My question to you is... what the heck is wrong with playing either of those two characters? I would LOVE to end up with a character who, for example, portrays herself as chaste and zealous, but somewhere along the line ended up getting raped by heretic infidels and...  y'know, developed a taste for it. A taste for which she is terribly ashamed, but she can't help herself and once in awhile, she just has to indulge. She doesn't *mean* to, of course, but somehow just keeps getting captured and passed around by those wicked infidel men.

You seem to want a game that is completely protected from the AI where stuff isn't going to get messed up. My suggestion to you is, maybe you don't want to play in a world such as the one that would be created by a mod like this. Weird, kinky, and dark things abound, and even though the AI in this game can do some completely weird stuff, that's part of the charm and maybe serious, lengthy games that go to the year 9999 are not the same ones where you want to have rapist werewolves showing up to play with your daughters. Sometimes, separation between game types is required.

Over time, I'd say any mod creator wants their mod to "make sense" within the world, and would try to format events so the AI doesn't create completely nonsensical situations. However, designing the mod so that the player is completely protected from the AI (such as, by removing all costs when that makes no sense at all) does not make for fun game play, in my opinion.

Because of pure length of my games. I usually tend to run around 800-1500 year long campaign (I have modified date... so I can possibly play to year 9999).

And meanwhile AI characters simply tend to do all kinds of unbelievable and stupid stuff.

Again... I'm not against tools to protect heirs and desired characters against some effects.

Because after 200+ years characters tend to be very weird. And dynasties all kinds of fucked up.

Anyways. I trust you'll make everything here right. Its a long way to go, but nothing great was built over one night.

I'm mildly amused that you extend your games forward and I extend mine back, with a common starting date of 6 CE (or AD).  

My question to you is... what the heck is wrong with playing either of those two characters? I would LOVE to end up with a character who, for example, portrays herself as chaste and zealous, but somewhere along the line ended up getting raped by heretic infidels and... y'know, developed a taste for it. A taste for which she is terribly ashamed, but she can't help herself and once in awhile, she just has to indulge. She doesn't *mean* to, of course, but somehow just keeps getting captured and passed around by those wicked infidel men.

You seem to want a game that is completely protected from the AI where stuff isn't going to get messed up. My suggestion to you is, maybe you don't want to play in a world such as the one that would be created by a mod like this. Weird, kinky, and dark things abound, and even though the AI in this game can do some completely weird stuff, that's part of the charm and maybe serious, lengthy games that go to the year 9999 are not the same ones where you want to have rapist werewolves showing up to play with your daughters. Sometimes, separation between game types is required.

Over time, I'd say any mod creator wants their mod to "make sense" within the world, and would try to format events so the AI doesn't create completely nonsensical situations. However, designing the mod so that the player is completely protected from the AI (such as, by removing all costs when that makes no sense at all) does not make for fun game play, in my opinion.

Makes sense.

Turning off this mod? You must be crazy, sir!

(By the way... I never got to year 9999. It's just possible to go to that date. Mine usually end up around 2000 because all the world is... mine)

I mean... complete chaos never wasn't healthy. Even for those, who for example try to play character with its traits and personality.

If for example father was a tyrant and abused everyone around him... But produced just, kind and chaste won, his son wont do the same... or simply accept kink which for him doesn't make any sense.

Simply... AI in CK2 isn't particularly smart. They tend to do all sorts of stupid things. Like giving away major titles, spamming events, killing people for no reason or marrying inbred lowborns.

Some people, including me, like to have order in their game. Or some way to prevent to do less damage to overall game.

For example, long time ago, I've been playing with old version of Christianity mod and Dark World. Everything was fine and great.

Suddenly, 20 years after the start, all dynasty member women started to have trait "cheap whore". There was no way to remove it, because even through deleting trait and flags, it kept reappearing.

In another 15 years all my rulers daughters had around 10 children from random people all around the world. It wasn't much of a fun, because it was a pure chaos, where unwanted children started appearing and no one could do anything but turn off the game.

I like this mod a lot, I'll always have turned it on while playing with vanilla.

I just dislike chaos and AI mistakes generally... which are unhealthy for empire wide game.

Chaos is good, as long as it makes sense. Rebellions, sudden love affairs and deep intrigue plots are great chaos tool.

I've been talking to Nox for very long time and I know that he'll make great use of mechanics and mod well fitting to CK2 gameplay.

I'm mildly amused that you extend your games forward and I extend mine back, with a common starting date of 6 CE (or AD).
I dont know how to go back xD. That's probably the problem.

Do special events like Rise of Italy or Mongol events work while you date set to early? O__o

I dont know how to go back xD. That's probably the problem.

Do special events like Rise of Italy or Mongol events work while you date set to early? O__o

I'm not sure.  I have been in mod testing mode for so long, I can't remember the last non-ironman game I play for more than 2 or 3 generations.  Someday... /sigh

Holy ship.

That's a bad sign, my man!

Look at the bright side!

If 0.4 version of the mod is released and functional, you can have a test ride for more than 3 generations. *cough* For test and balancing purposes *cough*.

And dont say "No, I need to work on higher version of the mod"

Unacceptable! First try, then expand! Pfft!

I can't honestly wait when these huge changes hit the forums. Kink system is going to be such a game changer for so many characters. Provided the amount of flavor events, it could be such a unique experience for every different playable character.

My question to you is... what the heck is wrong with playing either of those two characters? I would LOVE to end up with a character who, for example, portrays herself as chaste and zealous, but somewhere along the line ended up getting raped by heretic infidels and... y'know, developed a taste for it. A taste for which she is terribly ashamed, but she can't help herself and once in awhile, she just has to indulge. She doesn't *mean* to, of course, but somehow just keeps getting captured and passed around by those wicked infidel men.

Makes sense.

Turning off this mod? You must be crazy, sir!

(By the way... I never got to year 9999. It's just possible to go to that date. Mine usually end up around 2000 because all the world is... mine)

I mean... complete chaos never wasn't healthy. Even for those, who for example try to play character with its traits and personality.

If for example father was a tyrant and abused everyone around him... But produced just, kind and chaste won, his son wont do the same... or simply accept kink which for him doesn't make any sense.

Simply... AI in CK2 isn't particularly smart. They tend to do all sorts of stupid things. Like giving away major titles, spamming events, killing people for no reason or marrying inbred lowborns.

Some people, including me, like to have order in their game. Or some way to prevent to do less damage to overall game.

For example, long time ago, I've been playing with old version of Christianity mod and Dark World. Everything was fine and great.

Suddenly, 20 years after the start, all dynasty member women started to have trait "cheap whore". There was no way to remove it, because even through deleting trait and flags, it kept reappearing.

In another 15 years all my rulers daughters had around 10 children from random people all around the world. It wasn't much of a fun, because it was a pure chaos, where unwanted children started appearing and no one could do anything but turn off the game.

I like this mod a lot, I'll always have turned it on while playing with vanilla.

I just dislike chaos and AI mistakes generally... which are unhealthy for empire wide game.

Chaos is good, as long as it makes sense. Rebellions, sudden love affairs and deep intrigue plots are great chaos tool.

I've been talking to Nox for very long time and I know that he'll make great use of mechanics and mod well fitting to CK2 gameplay.

That's kinda what I was saying though... your game has mods that allow rulers to prostitute themselves and turns Christianity into a religion that holds up sluts and drunkards as paragons... then you want to play a serious game where women aren't having babies with random men and there aren't cheap whores lining the halls of every court. You kinda have to pick your flavor here. ^_^

Anyhow, I wasn't trying to be too critical, I just thought it was a little odd. 

Other topic: I never tried to extend my game or start early. I always start at the earliest time possible (Charlemagne time) because I don't want my game to run out... but then I never even get close to the end before I trail off, so it never becomes an issue. 

That's kinda what I was saying though... your game has mods that allow rulers to prostitute themselves and turns Christianity into a religion that holds up sluts and drunkards as paragons... then you want to play a serious game where women aren't having babies with random men and there aren't cheap whores lining the halls of every court. You kinda have to pick your flavor here. ^_^

Other topic: I never tried to extend my game or start early. I always start at the earliest time possible (Charlemagne time) because I don't want my game to run out... but then I never even get close to the end before I trail off, so it never becomes an issue.

Ye, it's understandable.

Nevertheless annoying, to be honest.

Daughters pop out 10 kids, after 16 years those kids are adults and are instantly turned into prostitutes. Within first month they get pregnant and cycle continues with REALLY huge amount of living characters with never ending loop of children production.

And that distribution of Cheap whore trait wasn't my fault. Once "Brothel" was built, game itself started to give all females that trait. But I built that brothel to just have few random events :'(

Terrifying.

I understand. You were just making valid points.

Getting through actual game end of TO game end isn't that easy how it sounds.

I alsonstsrt in Charlemagne start and try to play as l9ng as possible.

But came can screw you over with rebellions, sudden apocalypse with 90% of dynasty dieing from Black death... it simply boredom.

I manage to play thousand and longer games, because I simply have few milestones to achieve, before my game becomes boring.

If you want some wise tips for extending the game, here we go.

1) Customalise your game with rules and mods. YOU really want your game to be comfortable, if you plan to play for a long time

2) Play on very high difficulty. This way, every decision matters, AI is much more important and Game tends tk to on for very long time. Or... end very quickly. BUT you can always run with normal setting for more relaxing game.

3) Start very small. One count/countess in very small territory. Smaller the starting region, more territory to conquer afterwards.

4) Roleplay. It may sounds weird and unusual... But pick decisions and actions, which would character do. Not the most logical and beneficial one. This really brings out uniqueness of every decision.

5) Take it very slow. Rather than going for kingdom or dukedom right away, enjoy being a vassal or independent count for some time. Make marriages, take away titles by intrigue, instead of fabricating clam and pushing it.

6) You should choose definitely milestones to accomplish before you can end up the run:

- Collect all the artifacts from infidels, societies and smiths.

- Pick an AI family and declare them as mortal enemies. Try to exterminate them all.

- Create cadet branches of your family with unique history or races. Like vampire/werewolf, elves, orcs and such of your own dynasty.

-Conquer the world

- Have entire world ruled by your dynasty.

- Try to be the best ruler ever

- Try to be most hated tyrant ever.

- Genetically engineer a super heir.

- Convert entire world to your culture and religion.

- While small Lord, try to sow chaos and watch AI empires hate each other... and murder each other in wars.

- Try to have rivals, so you can actually go after the enemy.

- Check Chronicle for your character accomplishments

- Try to make up liiiiiitle backstories behind some of characters

- Divide the world and try to reconquer it.

- If Ironman, go for achievements

Always worked for me. If you have stuff to do in the game, you'll always continue to play.

Hello, Nox. I've found something rather strange recently.

A rather odd and quite powerful character is leading the Hermetic Society in my game.

https://i.imgur.com/nAAZzQs.png

https://i.imgur.com/kX3qlXI.png

Why did she even appear, actually? Is her presence in-game intended? I disabled the Bastards of Christ, so this is extra weeeird.

Can I remove her safely or is something important attached to her in the mod?

I saw some other strange characters in Papacy, actually. PigFucker, Miriam... Even the Pope is somehow immortal. I don't understand what is going on, to be honest.

Ye, it's understandable.

Nevertheless annoying, to be honest.

Daughters pop out 10 kids, after 16 years those kids are adults and are instantly turned into prostitutes. Within first month they get pregnant and cycle continues with REALLY huge amount of living characters with never ending loop of children production.

And that distribution of Cheap whore trait wasn't my fault. Once "Brothel" was built, game itself started to give all females that trait. But I built that brothel to just have few random events :'(

Terrifying.

I understand. You were just making valid points.

Getting through actual game end of TO game end isn't that easy how it sounds.

I alsonstsrt in Charlemagne start and try to play as l9ng as possible.

But came can screw you over with rebellions, sudden apocalypse with 90% of dynasty dieing from Black death... it simply boredom.

I manage to play thousand and longer games, because I simply have few milestones to achieve, before my game becomes boring.

If you want some wise tips for extending the game, here we go.

1) Customalise your game with rules and mods. YOU really want your game to be comfortable, if you plan to play for a long time

2) Play on very high difficulty. This way, every decision matters, AI is much more important and Game tends tk to on for very long time. Or... end very quickly. BUT you can always run with normal setting for more relaxing game.

3) Start very small. One count/countess in very small territory. Smaller the starting region, more territory to conquer afterwards.

4) Roleplay. It may sounds weird and unusual... But pick decisions and actions, which would character do. Not the most logical and beneficial one. This really brings out uniqueness of every decision.

5) Take it very slow. Rather than going for kingdom or dukedom right away, enjoy being a vassal or independent count for some time. Make marriages, take away titles by intrigue, instead of fabricating clam and pushing it.

6) You should choose definitely milestones to accomplish before you can end up the run:

- Collect all the artifacts from infidels, societies and smiths.

- Pick an AI family and declare them as mortal enemies. Try to exterminate them all.

- Create cadet branches of your family with unique history or races. Like vampire/werewolf, elves, orcs and such of your own dynasty.

-Conquer the world

- Have entire world ruled by your dynasty.

- Try to be the best ruler ever

- Try to be most hated tyrant ever.

- Genetically engineer a super heir.

- Convert entire world to your culture and religion.

- While small Lord, try to sow chaos and watch AI empires hate each other... and murder each other in wars.

- Try to have rivals, so you can actually go after the enemy.

- Check Chronicle for your character accomplishments

- Try to make up liiiiiitle backstories behind some of characters

- Divide the world and try to reconquer it.

- If Ironman, go for achievements

Always worked for me. If you have stuff to do in the game, you'll always continue to play.

When I play CK2, I always try to role-play and choose decisions I think best fit the character. That's one reason why I'd be excited if, in the previous example, my ruler died and suddenly I was playing a chaste, zealous ruler with all these hidden kinks. That would be a challenge to play and I'd absolutely try to role-play her attempts to maintain her holy masquerade for as long as I could, all the while knowing she was in for a dark, dark fall. ^_^

I also tend to build slowly, and rarely try to grow as quickly as I can... I grow out of necessity to keep things going, and when it makes sense. If Merchant Republics weren't stuck with only male rulers, I'd probably play them all the time because they can get rich and strong without blobbing up the map (though you can do that too). They live somewhat outside the Feudal society, which to me is the perfect opportunity for them to be a bit more wild and kinky.

Hey, I wanted to ask basically anyone in this thread because I've never had the opportunity to ask fellow perverts this question: What's your favorite start in CK2? I'd like to get ideas for what I can start as in some future games. For me it's either as a Republic (I like Venice but need to try others), but beyond that I tend to start as the tribal Picts and attempt to take over the whole island. Let me know what you do!