[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

Of Balls, Boobs, and Boners

One problem with an adult mod of this scope is that, for mechanics reasons, I need to have the size-variable traits assigned pretty much at birth.  So... to keep from having little kids with G cups and horse cocks, I have altered all of the dick and breast endowment traits to not show until _at minimum_ the character qualifies for "nox_is_sexually_active = yes" which means the same scale I mentioned previously for traps, plus the female equivalents which may vary by a year or two depending on the species.

To know that breast, penis, and testicle sizes have been properly assigned to your character, I have three new "placeholder" traits that are only (supposed) to exist until a character reaches the onset of puberty.  They are: nox_pre-pubertal_tits, nox_pre-pubertal_balls, and nox_pre-pubertal_dick.  For males and futas, traits such as penis_knotted and nox_penis_barbed will be visible to the character.  Certain circumstances could make them known in general.  Also, some species like centaurs, wolves (but not werewolves), horses, and future "exposed" species will have their traits visible to all, even if they are still the pre-pubertal ones.  I'm also considering adding a nudist trait, but I am still working out the social repercussions of that in my head.

Update on the Word Randomizer

Well, it _does_ work and mostly as I envisioned it but I have noticed an annoyance with it.  Once an event page is rendered, it uses the same random word for all instances of that word, regardless of the scope.  Once you click to the next part of the event it will use a new word.  To get around this repetition, I'll be making 3 variants of the most common ones to start with.  So instead of just having [Root.GetCumWord] there will also be [Root.GetCumWord2] and [Root.GetCumWord3].  It will take more diligence on the part of an event write using this feature, but it should give enjoyable results for the one experiencing the events.  If you chose to write event text for me, you don't have to worry about the precise use of these.  Just leave me a note and I'll work them in when I add it in.

Status Update on Version 0.0.4.0

Trap assignment for NPCs is working great!  Trap assignment for players has become a potentially erotic string of events that is far from being finished.  However, once I get it just a little further along, I'll be willing to either post a preview version of 0.0.4.0 or I'll be posting 0.0.4.0 with what I have and then finishing the trap event and adding more werewolf content for the next release.  I'm leaning towards a preview version of 0.0.4.0, if there is interest in it even with the trap event chain unfinished and mostly broken.  Let me know which is preferred, since there have been a lot of changes and fixes already in place that I think people will enjoy having.  

Nevermind.   :(

Something I did today at work blew it up.  Bad.  I have spent the past four hours trying to trace the instant CTD on a new game (before you can even pick a character).  Error logs, the validator, and over 30 year of programming experience are ALL failing me on this one.  So, I am going to get drunk, go paw off, and try again tomorrow.  Programmers (and most IT people) would go insane without large quantities of fermented drink.  Too bad pot doesn't work on me; it's legal here.  Ah well.

My deepest apologies to you all; I was so excited about possibly being able to upload all of the progress I made recently and now I have muddled it all up.  Take heart though.  I'll fix this one way or another, even in I have to go back to 0.3.4.0 and recreate my work since I published it.  But not tonight.  I'm way too frustrated at myself for being so cocky that I overwrote something that was working last night with something I did without verification at work.  And, of course, I was so cocky I didn't making a farging backup.  Even "experts" fuck up now and then.  /sigh

Try not to go past the Ballmer Peak though.d

Don't you use some kind of versioning system? As an IT savvy, you should know better :P

I have never found one I could stand. GitHub annoys me, I don't even consider the Microsoft offerings. My closest is keeping archives of the zips I upload and making cloud backups with Google drive. But as for my live development files, it's just notepad++.

As for crossing the Balmer peak, I did that before I finished making the last post.

• GetBallsWord
    • balls
    • nuts
    • prostate

Um. The prostate is something else, completely different from testicles. It's next to the bladder.

Thank you.  I appreciate the catch.  It also explains why "milk" stood alone of the top of my cumword list.  I was like "WTF?" and changed it to "man milk" but I bet it was "prostate milk" originally and I wasn't paying close enough attention to my copy pasting before I used notepad++ to sort the lists I made.

EDIT: BTW, I do know what the prostate is and on most guys I have no problem finding it with my fingers or toys.  :P

Status Update on Version 0.0.4.0

Trap assignment for NPCs is working great!  Trap assignment for players has become a potentially erotic string of events that is far from being finished.  However, once I get it just a little further along, I'll be willing to either post a preview version of 0.0.4.0 or I'll be posting 0.0.4.0 with what I have and then finishing the trap event and adding more werewolf content for the next release.  I'm leaning towards a preview version of 0.0.4.0, if there is interest in it even with the trap event chain unfinished and mostly broken.  Let me know which is preferred, since there have been a lot of changes and fixes already in place that I think people will enjoy having.  

Nevermind.   :(

Something I did today at work blew it up.  Bad.  <--snip-->

I made a backup of the borked version of 0.0.4.0 and have reverted completely to version 0.0.3.4.  I'll be spending a lot of time today with kdiff3 and a couple of other tools to try to recover the work I had done on 0.0.4.0.  I hope to have something positive to report to you all in about 10-12 hours since I am sure I wont get this done before I head to the office and I can't actually test the stuff I'm working on when I'm at work.

UPDATE: I found what I did that was causing the instant-CTD and I can't believe that 1) I did something so stupid, and 2) that I didn't catch it last night.  Anyway, as anyone who mods should already know, when you copy a core file into your mod and then decide you aren't going to make changes to it, delete the copy, don't jsut comment the whole file out.  I was basically commenting out the entire character graphics system because I had a copy of portrait-properties in one of my folders and commented it out rather than deleting it.  DERP!

So the next steps to get 0.0.4.0 back is to undo the rest of the massive amount of code commenting I did last night why i was trying to track down the error.  That shouldn't be as bad and trying to completely recreate all the work I have done, bit it will still take time in kdiff3.

Once I have 0.0.4.0 working, I will be publishing it as a "preview" version for anyone who wants to play with everything but the player-side trap event.  If I had done that Monday night like I was tempted to, I would have had a lot less to undo.  /laughs

Inspiration and New Mechanics

On my commute to work, as I was mulling over everything I have yet to fix and test after the mess yesterday, I was struck with inspiration!  For years, I have struggled with exactly how I wanted to make the kink system work and tie in with the perversion system, and so on.  Most of the things I came up with were so complicated and frustrating that I abandoned them in place.  No longer!

The core mechanics are in one scripted effects file.  In most cases after I wrote the mechanics for my favorite kink, the rest was copy/paste & find/replace actions.  A couple situations required additional manual coding, but I completed all of that earlier today.  (Of course it still needs tested for bugs, put into actual use in events, and flavour text written for the various kink warning/achievement notices.)

Having this system ready to go means that I can more easily get back to work on the redesign of my replacement for procreo, werewolf domination events, the dark perversion system and events, and so much more!  They will all tie nicely together now and each persons individual kink scores can be used to sway choice decisions in kink-related events.   :)

######################################################################
#          NoxBestia's Kink Tracker and Maintenance Scripts          #
#--------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Each kink will have a top score and a bottom score.  Once the sum  #
# of the two scores crossses the first threshold you will be given a # 
# notice that you are developing a festish for that kink.  Once the  #
# sum of both scores crosses the second threshold you will be given  #
# a trait associated with that kink.                                 #
# NOTE: some already-existing CK2 traits (such as impaler) will be   #
# used for as the indicator for certain kinks.                       #
# WARNING: if an heir that you might end up playing as becomes a     #
# prisoner or is enslaved, they may have developed kinks you don't   #
# want by the time you are playing them.  As of this time, there is  #
# no planned system to get rid of a kink.                            #
# KINKS CURRENTLY BEING TRACKED:            ASSOCIATE TRAIT          #
#   - watersports                           kink_watersports         #
#   - scat                                  kink_scat                #
#   - orgasm control                        kink_chastity            #
#   - true torture & mutilation             cruel/impaler/pain_slut  #
#   - BDSM torture                          kink_BDSM* (2 paths)     #
#   - sexualized food & drink (+lactation)  kink_foodsex             #
#   - double penetration                    kink_double_penetration  #
#   - group sex (and bukkake)               kink_gangbang            #
#   - breeding kink                         kink_breeder             #
#   - canine bestiality                     zoophile_canine          #
#   - sheep cow pig bestiality              zoophile_cattle          #
#   - horse donkey bestiality               zoophile_equine          #
#   - total zoophile                        zoophile_omnisexual      #
#   - furries, werewolves, neko, & kitsune  kink_furry               #
#   - sexual slavery                        kink_BDSM* (2 paths)     #
#   - defilement of the innocent            kink_defiler (+defiled)  #
#   - rape (real or fantasy)                kink_rape                #
#   - perversion                            (special traits)         #
#   - humiliation, especially in public     kink_humiliation         #

######################################################################

EDIT: added humiliation

EDIT2: Making and adding new kinks to the tracker was a lot easier than coming up with 2 4-choice surveys for each kink (one for top, one for bottom). I've done about half of them so far.  Different answers give you a different number of "perversion points" to push you towards the next level of perversion.

Wow, that kink system seems amazing!

What's it going to be used for? I can see it getting pretty complicated with combinations of kinks and what they could lead to, but all that sounds like a deep, deep rabbit-hole of writing and I'm curious what things a player-ruler might get herself into with them. ^_^

Wow, that kink system seems amazing!

What's it going to be used for? I can see it getting pretty complicated with combinations of kinks and what they could lead to, but all that sounds like a deep, deep rabbit-hole of writing and I'm curious what things a player-ruler might get herself into with them. ^_^

I have tried to make it as simple for myself and anyone who wishes to write for this mod.  When you write a scene, you make note of any kink it and/or the choices made should trigger.  So lets say that we have a group sex scene with watersports.  The three tops fuck and piss one bottom.. Each top should get one gangbang_top point and one watersports top point.  But I'd give the bottom 1 point of each for every top that did things to him/her in the scene.  The code for that would probably be best in an "immediate" section so that the "options" could possible award more points if a choice made deserved it.  You also decide that each "top" should earn a perversion point and the bottom should get 2 (with a 3rd perversion point for ending the scene with the kinky option).  Here is a rough example of how that would look in code.

narrative_event = {
	<header stuff like id, desc, picture, etc>

immediate = {
		<top1_scope> = {
			nox_gangbang_top = yes
			nox_watersports_top = yes
			nox_add_perversion_point = yes
		}
		<top2_scope> = {
			nox_gangbang_top = yes
		}
		<top3_scope> = {
			nox_gangbang_top = yes
		}
		<bottom_scope> = {
			nox_gangbang_bottom = yes
			nox_watersports_bottom = yes
		}
	}

option = { name = ok }

option = {
		name = event1234_choice1_desc	# After everyone leaves I lay there and piss myself
	}
}

Of course for people who just want to write scenes like stories and send them to me to code and add in, I'd make the decision of what kinks and perversion points should be coded for whatever happens in the event.

Where the real magic comes in is in the awarding of traits due to kink points earned (which is automatically done).  Also, at certain levels of points you get an automatic notification event for that kink (which I am still writing the skeleton & options for the last 6), and depending on the choices you (or the AI) make on that will depend on how many more kink and perversion bonus points are awarded.  

At a certain level of kink points, you earn that kink's trait (or traits in some cases), which this system awards to you.  At certain levels of perversion points you advance from pervert_tainted, to perverted, to pervert, and finally to dark_pervert (if you can earn that many perversion points with a single character in his/her lifetime).

Having or lacking traits can be written to affect choices in scenes, chances of random events happening to you, the choices the AI make, or anything else I want to code them to affect.  This is above and beyond the trait's own built-in effects.

Now that I have this system in place, any scene I have already written I can look at and add in kink points for what is going on.  In the "horsing around" scenario, you can expect to earn a lot of equine_zoophile_top points, but if you piss off the character called "Brain" then you might end up with some kink_pain_slut_bottom points when he tortures you.  I'll add in things to some other scenes like the stable moral scenes, werewolf hunting scenes, and so on.  Being a regular human used as an omega male would earn you kink_furry_bottom, canine_zoophile_bottom, kink_BDSM_bottom, and kink_rape_bottom points, but you may not get a single perversion point out of that one unless one of those kinks "leveled up" form the point you just got in it.  The werewolf that did that to you should get top points matching your bottom points.  NPCs get kink traits this way too.

I want to stress that, for the player,  all of this just sort of happens around them depending on what choices they make in whatever scenes that I (or other contributing authors) have added kink awards to.

EDIT: One further announcement is that adding all of this should not prevent me from uploading version 0.0.4.0 before I go to bed.   :)

That sounds so awesome, and also the perfect way to do what I was thinking of some time ago, which was how the player would transition from having a werewolf show up and torture them with anal rape, to a transition of the player beginning to enjoy it and possibly, if the system supports this, to *need* it to the point where he or she might be compelled to do things for the werewolf in question.

One question I have is, how taxing is keeping track of all these different levels of perversions on all NPCs? Seems like a lot of stuff going on under the hood.

That sounds so awesome, and also the perfect way to do what I was thinking of some time ago, which was how the player would transition from having a werewolf show up and torture them with anal rape, to a transition of the player beginning to enjoy it and possibly, if the system supports this, to *need* it to the point where he or she might be compelled to do things for the werewolf in question.

One question I have is, how taxing is keeping track of all these different levels of perversions on all NPCs? Seems like a lot of stuff going on under the hood.

Each kink is simply "1 more variable" in a character record.  A huge amount of characters with a lot of kink scores may have an impact, but not much more than a lot of the other systems already in the game.  So long as events use efficient pre-triggering and other techniques then things _shouldn't_ get too bad.  I can't imagine these even coming close to the impact a single army has on a character.  

It is the poorly coded mods (including some of the older sections of my own work) that will suffer the most.  The CK2 teams has had some good optimizers  going over their events the past couple of DLC releases.  But I'll know more after I have more events that use these done and actually play 100-300 years.  I may end up shortening the variable names to 3-4 letters each if there is anything noticeable caused by them.  Dead characters wont keep that information so it won't super-bloat the game saves either.  :)

I like this new style of informative updates.

You're on combo STREAK, Nox.

And I honestly like A LOOOOOOOOT the part with kinks and overall possibilities of those events and actions being for players.

Ai can be sometimes so dumb.

But to clarify- will AI have any access to various functions of the mod? Like intrigue options, self targeted and such. Generally those, which it doesn't understand and uses it because of free value.

Also, do you need right now any pictures needed for those kinks? I'll find some, just let me know what's needed. At least you'll save some time.

By the way... I know you're working on this huge project, but how's the "Sexual Manipulation" mechanic progressing?

It's am amazing concept for CK2 mechanics... but unfortunately not even close to its completion and fully revealed features.

I like this new style of informative updates.

You're on combo STREAK, Nox.

And I honestly like A LOOOOOOOOT the part with kinks and overall possibilities of those events and actions being for players.

Ai can be sometimes so dumb.

Also, do you need right now any pictures needed for those kinks? I'll find some, just let me know what's needed. At least you'll save some time.

By the way... I know you're working on this huge project, but how's the "Sexual Manipulation" mechanic progressing?

It's am amazing concept for CK2 mechanics... but unfortunately not even close to its completion and fully revealed features.

This system will make revamping and finishing the sexual manipulation feature much easier.  It's still a bit lower on my queue, but every time I stumber over the commented code I think about it...

Just like events and scenes, I will always consider image.  Because of the way I can do random images for the same event, I can always accept mroe and so many of them jsut have my silly placeholder image.  Speaking of images, one of the things that would really help would be trait icons for all of these new kinks and traits that are added in 0.0.4.0.  Right now they are all just getting generic brown circles, except for dick_barbed, dick_micro, and ghost_fucker.  Here is a list of the newest traits that I haven't even started to consider icons for:

• "GFX_trait_kink_humiliation"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_rape"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_pain_slut"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_chastity"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_BDSM"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_foodsex"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_double_penetration"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_gangbang"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_breeder"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_furry"
  • "GFX_trait_kink_defiler"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_child_of_breeder"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_pre_pubertal_tits"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_pre_pubertal_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_pre_pubertal_dick"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_big_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_enormous_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_gigantic_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_huge_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_micro_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_regular_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_small_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_tiny_balls"
  • "GFX_trait_creature_wolf"
  • "GFX_trait_wolf"
  • "GFX_trait_nox_sentient_animal"

The Preview Version of

NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions 0.0.4.0α has been uploaded!

This version is compatible with CK2 version 3.7.1 or 3.7.2.

DELETE THE OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ONE!

As I have been saying in the forums, this is just a preview version, not a full alpha release.  It seems to be functioning well enough that it doesn't blow up within the first dozen years of a test game.  A lot of the fixes and changes I ahve been describing since 0.0.3.4 are active.  Some of the new stuff is partially active.  

The NPC trap system is functioning.  It will even remove beards from anyone (but Muslims for some reason I can't figure out yet).  

The player variant of the trap system begins a large event, but I have neither finished writing it or coding it, so it is nothing but a few pages of tease right now.

There have been a lot of new traits added to support the new kink tracker, but right now they don't really do anything and most don't even have icons that are more than a brown button.

While the new kink tracking system is in there, it is not ready for use or even basic testing.  The core code seems to be working as expected, but I don't have any of the localisation for it added and there are logic errors causing stuff to display wrong in the message system.  If you are a modder you can look at the code if you are curious, but it hasn't really been cleaned up yet.

• the code for the engine itself is all in <mod>/common/scripted_effects/NoxScriptedKinkTracker.txt
  • the code for the non-working "reward" display system starts at line 2550 of <mod>/events/NoxRape_events.txt

I expect that most of any free time at work tomorrow will be spent inputting localisation text and working on the PC trap events.  When I get home, I'll be working on cleaning up whatever I get done at work and starting to try to fix the problems with the display part of the kink tracker.  Once I have the trap event finished and can play for 50 years without a crash or major bug, then I expect that I'll go ahead and switch from preview to release.  

Werewolf use & abuse events and any attempt at starting to rework my procreo replacement will have to wait for after 0.0.4.0.  

On the bright side, by the time I get to those, the kink tracker should be debugged and functional and I'll be writing them with it in mind.   :)  

I tried to manually trigger all of the kinks to test what it did to the save file.  Of course this is only 1 character, but I don't expect a lot of NPCs will end up with anywhere near even a quarter of the kink variables.  But I could be wrong.  Anway, this is what all those kinks added to the character:

vars=
{
	breeder_temp=4.000
	breeder_top=4.000
	cruel_torture_bottom=1.000
	cruel_torture_temp=5.000
	cruel_torture_top=4.000
	defiler_temp=2.000
	defiler_top=2.000
	denial_bottom=1.000
	denial_temp=5.000
	denial_top=4.000
	DP_bottom=1.000
	DP_temp=5.000
	DP_top=4.000
	foodsex_bottom=1.000
	foodsex_temp=5.000
	foodsex_top=4.000
	fun_torture_bottom=1.000
	fun_torture_temp=5.000
	fun_torture_top=4.000
	gangbang_bottom=1.000
	gangbang_temp=5.000
	gangbang_top=4.000
	humiliation_bottom=1.000
	humiliation_temp=5.000
	humiliation_top=4.000
	perversion_score=155.000
	rape_bottom=1.000
	rape_temp=5.000
	rape_top=4.000
	scat_bottom=1.000
	scat_temp=5.000
	scat_top=4.000
	watersports_bottom=8.000
	watersports_temp=9.000
	watersports_top=1.000
}

I need to add a cleanup line to every section that will get rid of the <kink>_temp variable, which will remove 1/3 of those entries.  Even with the temp values in there, all of that that takes as many characters in the save file as 2 chronicle entries.  Of course the variables for several of the kinks are not in there (like any of the zoo stuff) so I have to troubleshoot what went wrong there.  Hard to do with none of the localisation in place yet, but I expect I will find a lot of find/replace errors.  

EDIT:  Yep.  For instance, I have "nox_dog_bottom" instead of "nox_zoophile_canine_bottom" so that function was never called.  Stupid sloppy stuff like that which plagues my development all the time.  /laughs

Hey, noxBesria, a comment on one thing you mentioned: the name of the variables does not affect performance I think, outside of minumally while parsing the files during the loadong phase of the game. After that, if I'm not mistaken, variables are processed internally using a numeric id.

Something in the 0.0.4.0.Preview slows down the game to a crawl

Can you tell me any more?  The kinks aren't being assigned yet, so that can't be it.  How soon do you notice this?  I have one idea from a bug I hit that I fixed, but may have lost when I had to re-create a bunch of lost work.  When it slows to a crawl, go ahead a pause, then open the character find and do a search for Ghost Fucker.  If there are more than about 15 or 20 of them, let me know.  (I had hundreds and hundreds of them with this old bug that may have ended up back in by accident.)

When I can, I'll run a longer game and look for it too.

Hey, noxBesria, a comment on one thing you mentioned: the name of the variables does not affect performance I think, outside of minumally while parsing the files during the loadong phase of the game. After that, if I'm not mistaken, variables are processed internally using a numeric id.

I think that is correct as well.  Most things get assigned a numeric ID by the engine, but I know to help keep the save file small a lot of labels were shortened like death_date and birth_date became d_d and b_d, and stuff like that.  The variables wont matter as much since dead character lose all variables and flags.

Does there exists a German translation and when not, are you interested in it? I would like to play it in German, maybe between holidays at the end  of the year, I may have time for it.

I would love a German translation but mein Deutch ist nich so gut (from memory not Google translate so that may be very wrong)  :)

WARNING: Horrible slowdowns are indeed confirmed!  I am looking into this and have already found some, but not all, of the culprits.  The initial ones I fixed were tied back to the recreation of version 0.0.4.0 after I tore it apart the other day.

Can you tell me any more?  The kinks aren't being assigned yet, so that can't be it.  How soon do you notice this?  I have one idea from a bug I hit that I fixed, but may have lost when I had to re-create a bunch of lost work.  When it slows to a crawl, go ahead a pause, then open the character find and do a search for Ghost Fucker.  If there are more than about 15 or 20 of them, let me know.  (I had hundreds and hundreds of them with this old bug that may have ended up back in by accident.)

When I can, I'll run a longer game and look for it too.

I think that is correct as well.  Most things get assigned a numeric ID by the engine, but I know to help keep the save file small a lot of labels were shortened like death_date and birth_date became d_d and b_d, and stuff like that.  The variables wont matter as much since dead character lose all variables and flags.

Frankly I noticed it immediatly after switching versions but I cant say what is causing as I have no coding/modding skills