CTDs out of nowhere near DC

Walked into Diamond City through the Fens, did a few things, and tried to walk back out, only to get a CTD when trying to go left. The timing of the CTD varies between when I'm walking past Publick Occurrences, and when I'm past the copper statue out the front.

The only recent change that I can think of that could possibly cause this is a broken set of tri morphs that I had tried to add to a mesh, but even after removing the patch plugin that enables said tri, as well as removing the tri from the game's folder, the CTD persists.

Even then, I get the feeling that a broken tri would cause a CTD the instant the game finished loading the save.

I've also tried loading an earlier save and coc'ing to DC market, verifying the game's cache, removing subfolders from the Textures folder that have caused similar crashes, and even disabling plugins that have caused similar crashes in the past. None of that has worked so far.

Affected areas so far include Sanctuary, The entrance to Goodneighbor, the western half of Concord, and obviously the entrance to DC.

What could be causing these crashes? I'm out of ideas.

edit: And now Andrew station is affected as well, which is strange, as I could walk there just fine when coc'ing there, but as soon as I go into the station and back out, I crashed.

edit2: narrowed potential cause down to a plugin that I've modified recently.

• 2 weeks later...

k send me the zip ugh....

CTD cause is a file could be 1 maybe 2 in your mod 

find a CTD point...

save......

remove 1 file from mod

load.... if  CTD replace file and on to next repeat

a CTD is usually file related this could be incorrectly saved format or just a bad file there is a list of CTD files somewhere i forget but in that case some people said others had /have modded that file etc and been fine in that case it would of been incorrectly saved. 

i personally have just patch one of my mod files and boy did it take a long time to find the culprit GL in your quest ill keep looking for the zip or PM it me 

Archived