HDT Collision tips - femalehands nifs

frankl9407

A lot of people, including myself, frustrated over the HDT collision features. This post is basically some tips for thpse who have already thoroughly read about NIFs and XML (having basic knowledge of nifkcope and hdtHavokModifier)

1. To my understanding, for collisions to happen, you need to have:

1. the correct configuration in the XML files.   2. nif files which are connected to the XML files. (femalebody nifs)

In my case, I still couldn't see collision even with both of the above files correctly set up. I spent two days experimenting with it and found out there are also femalehand nifs which basically separated your body and your hands. So i opened the femalehand nifs and added the nodes in them and BOOM, problems solved.

I assume the same rule applies elsewhere too.

P.s. This might not be accurate just a general rule of thumb. I welcome discussions.

Cheers

I am looking for some out-of-the-box solutions. Would it be possible for you to share your work? I dabbled with it in the past, but it so complex! I know how to edit most physics values. Do you have something that works out of the box with CBBE/UUNP built with Bodyslider?

Everytime I download something from here... *something* breaks. And usually there is little info to help out. Unless I missing something :/

To add to the OP:

To have collisions you also need to set the correct stripping options in Sexlab.

All the female meshes that have xml data attached to them have to be naked or you won't have all the collisions.

And you can also attach more than one xml to a mesh, just make sure to use NiStringsExtraData instead of NistringExtradata. ;)

i5bp7o.jpg

Oh and in addition to the femalebody nifs (_0 and _1) and the femalehands nifs you can also use the femalefeet nifs.

Doesn't matter which xml gets attchached to which of these 3 (or rather 6) nifs as long as you attach all the relevant xmls for the character in question. Everything for the females has to be linked to in the female body meshes and everything for males in the male body meshes.

And you better know which xmls a physics mod provides and only attach these, not ones from other mods. That's a very common mistake. For example if you use version 3 of my xml set and don't use FloppySOS with that there is no reason why a hdtfingers.xml should be present in your setup. And you sure as hell shouldn't have it attached to any meshes. I already set that up fairly beginner-friendly in my FOMod installer though, but you still have to read the instructions and do a few things like rebuilding the female body, hand and feet meshes with Bodyslide.

There is no out of the box solution for physics mods, there is always something that can go wrong in your setup.

A few common issues:

1. Modded NPCs don't have bounce physics and collisions.

-> Attach the xml data to their meshes, look up the mod file structure to see where these are.

You can often just overwrite the meshes with your default ones though, that's a lot faster and usually works.

2. HDT hairs or clothes don't play well with the body physics, there are body parts that should be moving but are stuck or there is some sort of deformation, maybe the clothes or hair don't work well either.

-> Usually that's the hair or clothes mod's fault. Ask the author to make it compatible, they didn't set the collision filters up properly in their xmls.

3. The physics effects don't look as advertised or seen in the demonstration videos.

-> You might be using the wrong body (too busty or not busty enough, CBBE vs UUNP etc). Or you screwed up big time by not loading the body physics mod last (meaning giving it the highest mod priority, plugin load order isn't everything).

Or your computer is too weak to handle HDT physics. On too low framerates the physics become unstable so you will likely see meshes thrashing around wildly more frequently.

4. The framerate drops a lot when activating a body physics mod.

-> Check SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions.log

If there are missing bone errors mentioned in that file then ask the mod author for help or try a different physics mod.

5. You did everything correctly and still some collisions are missing.

-> That might be a hickup in HDT PE. Just reload the physics data for your main char - get him/her naked and open the racemenu. For NPCs it's more complicated. Saving and reloading might be the fastest way to give them their physics back. If it happens too often maybe try another physics mod.

6. Collisions aren't where they are supposed to be (on the mesh).

-> First try rotating the sex scene. If that didn't help reset it to the default positions. (Sexlab has key bindings for both)

If that still didn't help and it annoys you ask the mod author or try another physics mod. Or try correcting it yourself by editing the xml with Just for Fun v4.

7. The pussy isn't opening.

-> You sure you installed a body with HDT enabled pussy? For UNP that would be UUNP Special. Also check if you have the right stripping settings in Sexlab (remember, all meshes with xml data attached have to be naked). If that didn't help see point 5.

8. The pussy is opening but it doesn't look like in the pictures I saw.

-> Might not be physics related but a problem with missing textures.

Use Texblend (comes with Bodyslide) to add vagina textures to your female body textures.

Just to name a few.

Archived