I'm kind of resurrecting this thread, but I was curious about distances for RP purposes. This looks like the perfect chart for me, but I noticed something that seemed inconsistent, and am wondering if I'm missing something. According to the chart, it is a shorter distance from Dawnstar to Windhelm than it is from Dawnstar to the Nightgate Inn, which is in between the two. Why is that?

Edited by TBDM
1 hour ago, TBDM said:

I'm kind of resurrecting this thread, but I was curious about distances for RP purposes. This looks like the perfect chart for me, but I noticed something that seemed inconsistent, and am wondering if I'm missing something. According to the chart, it is a shorter distance from Dawnstar to Windhelm than it is from Dawnstar to the Nightgate Inn, which is in between the two. Why is that?

hmm...i don't know. the distances are based on cities in poland (and Ukraine) that seemed to correlate the best with the places in Skyrim. i used road distances, so maybe some of the roads meant slower going even though places were closer as the dragon flies?

18 hours ago, jfraser said:

hmm...i don't know. the distances are based on cities in poland (and Ukraine) that seemed to correlate the best with the places in Skyrim. i used road distances, so maybe some of the roads meant slower going even though places were closer as the dragon flies?

I actually thought it might have been the opposite, as the roads I'm aware run through nightgate inn. I was wondering if a beeline over the mountains was why it thought it was faster. I might be missing a road you took into calculations back when you made this though

1 hour ago, TBDM said:

I actually thought it might have been the opposite, as the roads I'm aware run through nightgate inn. I was wondering if a beeline over the mountains was why it thought it was faster. I might be missing a road you took into calculations back when you made this though

I meant the roads in Poland. XD