[RENPY] The Gift V0.25 (updated May 05 2017)

MR.ZZ

Hello everyone!

The Gift is a first-person mind control/corruption game made in renpy.

wwFpbBI.jpg

PLOT

You are an ordinary guy, struggling to live your life. But one day, by a lucky twist of fate, you find a mind control drug that will drastically change your life! From now on you are able to influence the minds of everyone around you and you will use this ability to make your nastiest fantasies come true!

FETISHES

• Corruption
  • Mindcontrol
  • Slave
  • Harem
  • Voyeur
  • Forced / Domination
  • Incest
  • M/F
  • M/FF
  • F/F

FEATURES (so far)

• open world / sandbox gameplay with a world map to freely travel between various locations
  • day and time system with a day and night cycle
  • money system: earn and spend money
  • 6 girls to mind control and to have "fun" with

DOWNLOAD LINK

V0.25:
https://goo.gl/pr9Yh9

TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXW5TG0ex4c

If you are interessted in the latest updates and news, support me on patreon : https://patreon.com/mrzz

post-1638085-0-91401000-1484154841_thumb.png

post-1638085-0-94016500-1484154862_thumb.png

post-1638085-0-10011000-1484154868_thumb.png

post-1638085-0-87340200-1484154873_thumb.png

post-1638085-0-16025500-1484154901_thumb.jpg

post-1638085-0-15734100-1487341000_thumb.jpg

post-1638085-0-51647300-1487341007_thumb.jpg

post-1638085-0-03452600-1487341013_thumb.jpg

Seems alright I only went the Clara route as I'm not that much into the big ass titties which you see too many times in games and videos nowadays. If I have to go that route then I usually just spam the button as fast as possible to get past it faster. 

Dialogue needs some proofreading. 

The sex scenes were too short and too simple to be enjoyable. You really shouldn't try to make "animations" in Ren'py (or any other VN system) by repeating a set of images, that just looks bad. Some foreplay, a few (3-7) pictures for the different stages of sex, aftermath, possibly a few choices within the sex scene to keep things interesting even as you repeat it and to decide what the aftermath will be - that should be your standard format.

Also, where's the fun in mind control if the victims don't at least try to resist a bit? At least, the first few times ...

Dialogue needs some proofreading. 

I'm totally aware of that, since English isn't my native language I have some problems there.

The sex scenes were too short and too simple to be enjoyable. You really shouldn't try to make "animations" in Ren'py (or any other VN system) by repeating a set of images, that just looks bad. Some foreplay, a few (3-7) pictures for the different stages of sex, aftermath, possibly a few choices within the sex scene to keep things interesting even as you repeat it and to decide what the aftermath will be - that should be your standard format.

Also, where's the fun in mind control if the victims don't at least try to resist a bit? At least, the first few times ...

Thanks for the feedback, I will try to work on the sex scenes.

Made an account just to say i liked the game, obvious i know it is a early version, still i wanted to share my toughts. 

I was really looking for mind control games, most of them are not what i expected, but this one have some core ideas i would like to see, what is usually lacking in these games are the sense of "control", usually heavily limited by the plot and user freedom of choice, hopefuly you will get us a nice experience.

So about the game, first of all things happened too soon, it should have a more progressive approach, like the first command the girls get dressing extremely lewd too fast, the first change of clothes should be less dramatic, like more cleavage and/or tight clothes, anyway i wish to see them being corrupted very slowly that's the point. Also the most important part: it will lost the sense of control if you don't give the user proper choices that actually matters on what happens, i like how you choose where to go for example, tough it is very limited as it is right now, need to expand the places you can go, like to invite the girls to come with you.

The office feels too isolated, it would be fun to see customers around reacting to the girls clothes, and to prevent they to run or call help do the submission with them also like just say to them that what is happen there is normal, "is our new dress code" for example, and make the girls say something about what they are wearing to explain about it to the customer.

Also the girls must talk more about the situation they are in, maybe a little story for every day or event that they are in, to make us know the girls personals better so we can simpatize or dislike her. There should be a option like (get more info) when you talk to them, with a large list of options like "how was your first time" so she can tell you or not depending on the level of submission she is.

It would be nice if every level of submission could lead you to different results that you can get only one ending event for each of that level, so it adds replay value to the game, and don't forget to add routes that leads to game overs as well, that is funny to watch even if the game ends.

def keeping a eye on this one and i agree with khadir MC is more fun if you need to do more effort in it and people try to resist it first(personally i like it more as the controller like in this game than being the controlled).

do hope later it will be more ladies than just the colleges and boss either main story or if it comes also post game as i'd love having a whole slew of slaves and not just 3 :P

For the ten levels of submission you are making, i suggest something like:
1: more cleavage / legs showing
2: comes to work with no bra and/or panties
3: make them flash you and/or strangers
4: The state the game is now with the sexy lingeries
5: working topless
6: they let you touch them
7: work in topless
8: blowjob
9: sex with you
10: work naked
ending: threesome

And as i said for every level you could do unique alternative story routes to see what happens, some may just be funny for example, others a variation of scenes, change places, do it while a customer/stranger see and comment about it, etc. Also we need a exhibitionism scene, after all we aren't controling these girls just to fuck them, you could make a meeting with the company shareholders and surprise them making the girls humilate themselves in front of them (yes we need to feel the power to corrput and humiliate them xD). Don't forget to add more plot lines so we can know more details about the girls past and personality so we get more immersed into the game.

And as people already said, let us see they resist before they do it, like on the first time, so we can feel they slowly getting corrupted.

The way I'd do it (if I was making a MC game) would be to add "triggers" to the potential victims which would be needed to be found out, either via guessing, talking with others or detective work, which would be needed to overcome some steps. Examples:

• One could be very self-conscious and never agree to show her tits in public until you managed to snap a picture of her topless (but without the head), posted it on Reddit's /r/gonewild (or similar) and showed her the amount of praise and upvotes she got a few days later.
  • One could have such a strong gag reflex that an attempt at oral sex would temporarily break the control, until you got some medicine to help her with it.
  • One could have a skin condition so that working in lingerie or nude on a sunny day would send them to the hospital, so you'd need to manage to get some remodelling of your office first.
  • One could overreact to certain stimuli (humiliation, anal sex, whatever; people are strange), which would require you to find some way around it or risk her landing in a mental clinic in short order.

For additional complexity (though that's not as easy to code to work "naturally"), randomise who gets what at each new game.

Thank you all for your feedback and constructive criticism, I really appreciate that!

For future characters my plan is to build a story and events around the corruption/influence part.

So you need to totally control her before you have access to the menu  (dress, stare, sex...).

Of course there will be some sexy events and changing in clothing and behavier during the corruption.

Opinions in the spoiler...

My standard disclaimer. This is just one opinion, and many people may disagree with me. Don't freak out if write negative, I maybe just a vocal minority.

• There are spelling issues.
  • Sound effects for the traffic are a nice touch.
  • Some translation issues.. "Well, I'm on my workplace"  You probably meant, "Well, I'm at my work space." I still feel like the sentence feels stiff but at least it works with these changes. Personally I would try " Well, it looks like the boss isn't here yet."
  • I HIGHLY appreciate that the characters are of different sizes.
  • Writing needs to be looked it. It isn't bad, but I also dont think it's good. I just dont feel like that is how a CEO would talk. "I DON"T CARE ABOUT TRAFFIC!" "THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!" I agree with the concept, the CEO is a hard ass, but I feel her woulds should be more elegant and not so blunt. You have a good idea but are not executing well. I suggest you try something like this. " <Name> this is your third time being late. Normally I would fire a rookie for showing a pattern of tardiness, but I'm going to give you a chance. I'm going on a business trip for the next two weeks, and I expect you to sell the Riley estate by the time I get back. People who prove their value earn flexibility on the job.You haven't earned that right yet, so you better hurry up because I will fire you if that property isn't sold when I get back. Why are yous till here? You better hurry, time is ticking."  This makes her feel like a real CEO, a person who tries to mold thier employees into being better. A CEO isn't going to stay a CEO if all he can do is yell and not be a leader.
  • Assuming the boss is sexual frustrated? That feels a little sexist to me. Maybe sexist isn't the word, but it feels inappropriate.
  • Why would the boss masturbate in the office naked? This is total fan service. 1) She would just do it at home, 2) she wouldn't get naked, she would just masturbate under the table. The scene feels cheap to get the audience to see her naked.
  • Let me get this straight. You FIND a vial of drugs that says mind control, and you are forced to use it or lose the game? Who in the right mind would ever just use a random drug that says mind control on it without knowing ANYTHING about it? I was expecting a more legit reason to get your mind control powers.
  • LOL WHY do you have a spare dildo? LOL makes no sense.
  • Either have a fluid animation or stick to more still pictures with descriptive text to describe the sexual event
  • Not a fan of only 1st person sex scenes.
  • I guess I feel that there seems to be little progression. While it does take 10 days to break someone, the reward you get for doing the days feels weak.

Well the game needs some polish, because it feels very rough atm. It's still early, so these things are easier to fix now than later. I wish you well on your project.

• Let me get this straight. You FIND a vial of drugs that says mind control, and you are forced to use it or lose the game? Who in the right mind would ever just use a random drug that says mind control on it without knowing ANYTHING about it? I was expecting a more legit reason to get your mind control powers.

Frankly, it basically read to me like an "a wizard did it" set-up - something that the creator didn't care to think about exactly or doesn't have a clear idea on yet, but is important to have happened to continue with the plot.

There are less "magical" alternatives (pheromone deodorant, the drug inhibits someone's mental resistance and has to be put into the girl's drinks, tea or coffee) and more clearly magical/fantasy ones (Genie in a bottle grants you that one wish), of course.

My standard disclaimer. This is just one opinion, and many people may disagree with me. Don't freak out if write negative, I maybe just a vocal minority.

• There are spelling issues.
  • Why would the boss masturbate in the office naked? This is total fan service. 1) She would just do it at home, 2) she wouldn't get naked, she would just masturbate under the table. The scene feels cheap to get the audience to see her naked.

Spelling issues: the creator said english is not his native language and it seems obvious this is indie and he doesn't have support from an expert in english, as myself who doesn't know these very detailed grammar rules it shouldn't be a obstacle to create anything. Of course in that case we could help on fixing the grammar errors just like you did there, he surely will need support on that.

About the boss: now that you mention it i agree the boss scene was forced, we just need to add a little more plot about it, more descriptions and logic, it really doesn't fit her being naked, that scene fits better AFTER the mind control takes place so she would felt the need to do that naked in the office, before that it could have small evidences instead, like be able to check the boss office so you can find used tissues or "strange substance" on her chair, something like that.

About the drug: well it's obvious a very unrealistic thing as it is on every mind control game, but it doesn't prevent us to create a plot around it, maybe a demonstration on how the drug works by accidentaly found pictures about his test subjects (slaves) and/or a document describing its effects, just to add life to the game with more story lines, increasing the immersion.

Finally let's remember this is supposed to be version 0.1 so it seems pretty fine for an early version like that, anyway as he and i said, don't forget to add plot lines let's see more girls reactions, player toughts and decisions during the story progression. And yes  i am talking about a perfect game, it's fine if even a small bunch of things we said will actually be used, well keep the good work!

Opinions in the spoiler...

Spelling issues: the creator said english is not his native language and it seems obvious this is indie and he doesn't have support from an expert in english, as myself who doesn't know these very detailed grammar rules it shouldn't be a obstacle to create anything. Of course in that case we could help on fixing the grammar errors just like you did there, he surely will need support on that.

About the boss: now that you mention it i agree the boss scene was forced, we just need to add a little more plot about it, more descriptions and logic, it really doesn't fit her being naked, that scene fits better AFTER the mind control takes place so she would felt the need to do that naked in the office, before that it could have small evidences instead, like be able to check the boss office so you can find used tissues or "strange substance" on her chair, something like that.

About the drug: well it's obvious a very unrealistic thing as it is on every mind control game, but it doesn't prevent us to create a plot around it, maybe a demonstration on how the drug works by accidentaly found pictures about his test subjects (slaves) and/or a document describing its effects, just to add life to the game with more story lines, increasing the immersion.

Finally let's remember this is supposed to be version 0.1 so it seems pretty fine for an early version like that, anyway as he and i said, don't forget to add plor lines let's see more girls reactions, player toughts and decisions durint the story progression. And yes  i am talking about a perfect game, it's fine if even a small bunch of things we said will actually be used, well keep the good work!

Thanks for the feedback!

spelling/grammer/translation issues:

I have found a native speaker who wants to help at this part, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore in further releases.

boss office scene:

I just felt it's time for a sex scene at that moment, it's an adult game after all.

mind control drug:

I think this needs to unrealistic with some kind of magic.

In a later version of the game I want to include the labratory where the drug came from to corrupt/take over. 

I will write a plot around the drug and you will find out how to better use it.

You will see Dr.Mindlos again and find some testsubjects there.

But I don't want to spoil too much now....

spare dildo:

I want to create a funny game, does it really need to make sense all the time?

As rknot2 already mentioned, please keep in mind it's only V0.1 of the first game I ever created.

For anyone interested, i made some research on mind control games, i found two worth mentioning, maybe it may even give ideas for the creator, they are indies and still under development: 
- Soldier's Life (by Pyorgara)
- Corrupting the Intern (by LambdaDude)

The first one has a great progression mechanic, for every level of reputation and/or Self-worth, there will be different reactions for the same commands, that way you can clearly see how she slowly becomes under your control, and i love the way they do it. Both games have some kinda of grinding for money and/or increases control over the girls, i am not sure if that's what caught my atention but it seems so, it's like you feels like you need to work hard (grind) to be able to fullfil your wishes, maybe it makes the results more worthwhile. 

I tought i could share this with you guys so you may make use of that ideas or help to formulate something similar or new based on that.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Version 0.15 was released today for all $5+ patrons! Public release will be on march 3rd, I will post the download link on this board once it's available!

The main feature of V0.15 is a much deeper story for the two new characters (as many of you asked for).

Currently I'm working on V0.2, the main features will be:

• Open world / sandbox gameplay with a world map to freely travel between various locations
  • Day and time system with a day and night cycle
  • Money system: earn and spend money
  • Changing player status values (e.g. player energy)
  • More things to do with your harem girls (e.g. go out with them)
  • 2 new girls you can meet in the newly generated world with there own story
  • better GUI
  • more outfits for your girls

If you are interested in this project, feel free to visit my patreon page : https://www.patreon.com/mrzz

• 2 weeks later...

Actually quite entertaining and worth playing.

Presently very linear, more like an interactive erotic short story. But, as you MR.ZZ said, you want to add more open world functionality.

For a first published game, this one definitely deserves some kudos!

Thank you!

Today V0.2 was released for patrons, the focus of this update is the open world. The gameplay now is not so linear anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

V0.2 is now available for everyone to download and play!

The focus of this update was the creation of the open world. 

Right now, the world is rather small compared to what it will be in the future. Starting with this version, I started to fill this world from now on with more girls and stories to experience. The first new girls you can meet are Jessica and Christina.  A part of their story is already in V0.2, they will continue and come to an end in the next update!

Core features / technical info:

• open world gameplay
  • the start of two new stories with 2 new girls 
  • more than 300 new images (in total there are now over 600 images in the game!)
  • size: 930 MB 
  • save game compatible with V0.15! You can resume where you have left off in V0.15! (not save game compatible with V0.1!) 

This update is a huge step forward in terms of gameplay and will definitely improve your playing experience. I hope this update gives you a good idea in which direction the game is heading in the future. Expect much more to come within the next months! 

Download Link:

https://goo.gl/4eXAEv

To meet the new girls:

One you will meet during daytime on the beach when you choose the “Spend the day at the beach” option. She appears randomly, if nothing happens just hit the “Spend the day at the beach” option again until the event  starts.

The Second girl can be met on Friday or Saturday at the nightclub’s bar  when you choose the “Take a look around” option. She also appears randomly.

• 1 month later...

V0.25 is now available for everyone!

Core features / technical info:

• finish Cristina's and Jessica's story and add them to your harem!
  • more than 270 new images (more than 900 images are now in the game!)
  • size: 578 MB 
  • save game compatible with V0.15 and V0.2! (not save game compatible with V0.1!) 

I found a nice little program to compress the image files without loss of quality.

That’s why the download size is smaller than V0.2. 

Download Link:

https://goo.gl/pr9Yh9

Archived