Please let Curie smoke again

Curie (The synth companion) was smoking at every idle-opportunity, several mods ago.

Now she's a non smoker.

I miss her smoking idle.

I do not have any mods that fool with cigarettes, and one I just downloaded 5 minutes ago says they've abandoned smoking for cracking knuckles and face-palms.

I hope to have her smoking a pack a day very soon, if it's a particular idle (like "Vanilla animation 07" or whatever)

Thank you in advance.

Npcs would get stuck doing that smoking thing and if you walked around while they were following and did not finish smoking before you started walking they would get stuck smoking forever and the only way to fix it was load an earlier save before they started following you or let them finish smoking before moving at all and sometimes that would not work. Smoking makes piper look even uglier lol I hate it. I thought about using some mod that overhauls npcs but I'm sure beth will bring out another patch to fuck it all up soon.

The weird political correctness these days is astounding...Raiders can say "fuck" and Player can shoot their heads off and turn them to hamburger, but god forbid any of them should pick up a freaking cigarette.

My question is, assuming the word "smoking" or "cigarette" isn't mentioned, and also guessing one of the animation replacers in a mod or mods I downloaded replaced it,

please tell me which idle makes an NPC smoke when there isn't anything else going on.

Why can't protesters just smoke? When i was a kid bad people smoked (on a bus). Now they kill randomly (on a bus).

Ignoring the snarky remarks about passive smoke.....o nevermind, politically correct people will never understand it, what's the point.

We're doomed.

(I ran out of cigs)

The weird political correctness these days is astounding...Raiders can say "fuck" and Player can shoot their heads off and turn them to hamburger, but god forbid any of them should pick up a freaking cigarette.

My question is, assuming the word "smoking" or "cigarette" isn't mentioned, and also guessing one of the animation replacers in a mod or mods I downloaded replaced it,

please tell me which idle makes an NPC smoke when there isn't anything else going on.

Why can't protesters just smoke? When i was a kid bad people smoked (on a bus). Now they kill randomly (on a bus).

Ignoring the snarky remarks about passive smoke.....o nevermind, politically correct people will never understand it, what's the point.

We're doomed.

(I ran out of cigs)

The whole smoking thing aside,

It was clearly explained in this thread that

"An NPC Follower caught in a smoking animation would forever have a smoke in their hand."

I know about the bug, Thank you!! This is no bug it's carrie freaking Nation and her abstinence committee.

OK Program data input:

Query.

Name of smoking animation in Fallout 4.

Query:

Can this animation be reinstated?

End query.

post-392535-0-87663700-1484183947_thumb.jpg

post-392535-0-34057100-1484183959_thumb.jpg

I honestly do not remember Curie smoking. Maybe you can fix it with console codes?

I'd fix it with my fallout 4 creation kit if I knew what to look for, and there is only a keyword referring to a "animFlavorSmoking."

I uploaded screenshots from last week, but I'll gladly upload them again.

These pictures had nothing specifically to do with smoking, except Curie had a whole lot more charisma attractiveness last week, and now it's gone and her nagging grates after a bit.

"Radiation too quickly can be fatal."

"As you wish"

I want to have her going back to calling me "deliciously distracting" and waving her hand around like Bette Davis.

I downloaded an animation program from a knowledgeable person who hasn't been around on Nexus for a bit.

If/when I hear from her, I'll try to post a solution, assuming she is the only one in the modding community who knows:

Was it taken out of the game, and if so,

Can it be added back,

or

Is it some combination of mods (or a single mod)

blocking the animation?

post-392535-0-22238600-1484184580_thumb.jpg

post-392535-0-49053500-1484184590_thumb.jpg

post-392535-0-32282800-1484185445_thumb.jpg

There is nothing politically correct about not liking cigarettes because it is linked to not liking cancers of many kinds. Smoking sucks it pisses off everyone around you that doesn't like it and it cost a lot of money to do it. These days it is used as an excuse by govts to get more money from people so theres that too.

What you are talking about though is the enjoyment of the anims for it since seeing those anims is better than just seeing them idling for nothing which is boring. I noticed since the last say, four patches I can't get piper to do her special scene with nat after going back to diamond city where she tells nat some positive things because my character encouraged her to stay with nat instead of leaving diamond city. I noticed that some magazines also moved around over the course of the game patches since it came out and other little things. I think they broke something somewhere in the last few patches we just just don't know what it is. The unofficial patch team will eventually fix it and you might try asking on their page at snoberator nexus or their dead whale thingy afk webpage.

I honestly do not remember Curie smoking. Maybe you can fix it with console codes?

I'd fix it with my fallout 4 creation kit if I knew what to look for, and there is only a keyword referring to a "animFlavorSmoking."

I uploaded screenshots from last week, but I'll gladly upload them again.

These pictures had nothing specifically to do with smoking, except Curie had a whole lot more charisma attractiveness last week, and now it's gone and her nagging grates after a bit.

"Radiation too quickly can be fatal."

"As you wish"

I want to have her going back to calling me "deliciously distracting" and waving her hand around like Bette Davis.

I downloaded an animation program from a knowledgeable person who hasn't been around on Nexus for a bit.

If/when I hear from her, I'll try to post a solution, assuming she is the only one in the modding community who knows:

Was it taken out of the game, and if so,

Can it be added back,

or

Is it some combination of mods (or a single mod)

blocking the animation?

I think it could be added back in the game. As far as I remember, it was glitched where npc would walk around with cigarettes on their hand as they were holding guns and things like that so I guess thats why they scrapped that feature.

Solution (for me)

I found out why she smokes. A particular mod called "a better Curie" from Nexus is the one that gets her smoking.

Well, actually, I was so excited I ran here ten seconds after her brain-dead-synth's body woke up and started to smoke.

I will edit this if it's wrong, but so far, I am very happy. Thank you all, and stuff.

Previous poster: Thank you, I'll try to conjure up packs of cigarettes and pass them around liberally.

Archived