[Still Seeking Assistance] Adding HDT Physics to Hair

Sparowe Chan

EDIT: I am having issues with my Autodesk applications, namely all of them. I've spent my entire day reinstalling and reinstalling and reinstalling them numerous times and currently awaiting support assitance via the autodesk support desk.

If anybody could help with this request I'd be so happy! I couldn't even work with the file another user so kindly started for me (see below) due to all these damn issues with my Autodesk programs.

I've been trying to accomplish doing this on my own, rather than seeking help, but as the title suggests, I need help. 

I would simply like to add physics to my hairstyle. Figured I would post this request in this sub-forum since there wasn't a Non-Adult related HDT topic in the Non-Adult section of the forums. That being said, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I've included a .7z file with the hair type I am trying to add physics too. I also included a hairstyle from "KS Hairdo's HDT" that I was using as a basis for what I wanted on my hairstyle. The KS Hairdo's folder only contains the "Crescent" and "CrescentHL" files for the meshes folder, along with the corresponding XML file needed for the "Crescent" hairstyle.

In the folder labeled, "motoko rz" you will find the meshes "motoko hair" and "motoko hairHL", along with the XML folder containing a file named "motoko hair.xml". The file "motoko hair.xml" is the exact same file as the other XML I included for the "Crescent" hairstyle, I simply copied this file into the folder for my hairstyle and renamed it according to my hairstyle. 

In the same meshes folder for the motoko hairstyle are two files with the word "copy" in the file name, these are same files as the meshes included in the "Crescent" hairstyle folder, but they do not contain the actual "Crescent" hairstyle attached to the skeleton anymore. 

When I was first trying to add physics to my hairstyle I was trying to do it by copying the branch for "motoko hair" and pasting it on the "Crescent" .nif file while viewing them both in Nifskope in separate windows. It worked and my hairstyle popped up, but it didn't overwrite and remove the old hairstyle from the nif. So I tried removing the branch containing the "Crescent" hairstyle, but that just left a bunch of other branches and strings that weren't for my hairstyle. So I then tried to add the skeleton and Havok strings to my "motoko" hairstyle, but this is when I was just getting way too confused about what I should remove or keep in the file and now I am here.

I'm pretty sure what I was doing IS NOT the way it should be done correctly, but I'm stubborn and figured I'd give it a shot seeing how the hairstyle I'm using and the skeleton/HDT from the "Crescent" hairstyle seemed to be a perfect fit.

I didn't include any files relating to my character's body type though. I wasn't sure if these were needed, but I'm probably wrong there?

My body type is UUNP Special, from the "HDT AIO Vagina" mod found here. If needed I can zip up the files relating to my character and attach them. 

I'd really appreciate any help with my request. I'm sure for some this is a no brainer, walk in the park. For me that isn't the case, I've been trying since Sunday, it's now Saturday lmao!

Motoko Kusanagi Hairstyle SA.7z

Okay, here is a quick and dirty fix to your problem.  The hair has to have bones for the xml to work.  But since you are just using the KS's version as the base, you can just delete the KS's hair and import your hair in it's place.  I've done one for you as an example. Now this file won't be exactly what you want because you'll need to load it into your preferred weighting program(3ds max or blender) and weight the hair to the extra hair bones.  I didn't have time to do this myself, but it isn't an overly difficult thing to do.  Though the better course of action would be to make hair bones custom for the hair you are using.  There is a great youtube vid that has a link to the autopilot script for 3ds max, which is very handy for making HDT anything.

motoko hair - Copy.nif

DISCLAIMER: I havn't lookd at your files so correct me if i m wrong, also theese are just general pointters. And feel free to ask for liks for specific quides (but preferably not all of them :D )

Gosh the mess you have made...

where to start... where to start....

1. get rid of anything regarding havok  from your mind as this is SMP & bullet you are workking with neather has anything to do with havok this is complate different physics engine being implemented.

2. you need 3ds max or blender unless you have allready HDT PE enabled hair, with acceptable bone structure to drive the movement of hair.

3. then you need to mark up your bones names {

I use structure similar to this

RLBoneK, RLBone1, RLBone2, RLBone3, RLBoneE,

meaning Rear Left Bone (keyframe, 1, 2, 3, and end).

and of course i also have Rear Right and in some cases midle or front...  etc

keyframe is the bone you parent to (in this example head bone) and you parent all the other bones to prevous bone.

}

after you have done the bone structure and properly skinned the mesh to the bones move on to this quide wich is same for convertting mods from PE to SMP and adding SMP to new mesh https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3800385-a-guide-to-hdt-smp-usersmodders/

also for skinning i recommend nightasy's tutorials on youtube

DISCLAIMER: I havn't lookd at your files so correct me if i m wrong, also theese are just general pointters. And feel free to ask for liks for specific quides (but preferably not all of them :D )

1. get rid of anything regarding havok  from your mind as this is SMP & bullet you are workking with neather has anything to do with havok this is complate different physics engine being implemented.

2. you need 3ds max or blender unless you have allready HDT PE enabled hair, with acceptable bone structure to drive the movement of hair.

keyframe is the bone you parent to (in this example head bone) and you parent all the other bones to prevous bone.

}

after you have done the bone structure and properly skinned the mesh to the bones move on to this quide wich is same for convertting mods from PE to SMP and adding SMP to new mesh https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3800385-a-guide-to-hdt-smp-usersmodders/

LOL! Yea I did make a mess huh? I think I'm starting to get the whole concept now. The hair mesh that I am using currently doesn't have physics, which is why I tried using the physics files from another HDT Hairstyle, minus the hair mesh from it, and then merging them with my hair mesh. The HDT KS Hairdo's hairstyle I was was using, well butchering, seemed like a good fit for my hairstyle. It had weighted bangs and nothing else, from what I assumed anyways. Seemed like it would be a good starting point for my hairstyle since I just want the bangs to have physics/weight also. 

Well now that I have 3DS Max back on my PC with, hopefully, the plugins I'll need for Skyrim, I can take another shot at this. Just need to setup HDT Autopilot now haha. I did get the Havok Content Tools 2014 after messaging a nice fellow on a RU forum and download the Nvidia Physics and Hairworks Plugins for 3DS Max and Maya too. (Though I'm sure none of the Nvidia stuff would really be helpful for Skyrim modding, it's something I wanted to tinker with, for personal knowledge I suppose.)

Thanks for the info! I'm going to go pray to Azura or some other Goddess now for their help along with sacrificing some sweet rolls.

}

LOL! Yea I did make a mess huh? I think I'm starting to get the whole concept now. The hair mesh that I am using currently doesn't have physics, which is why I tried using the physics files from another HDT Hairstyle, minus the hair mesh from it, and then merging them with my hair mesh. The HDT KS Hairdo's hairstyle I was was using, well butchering, seemed like a good fit for my hairstyle. It had weighted bangs and nothing else, from what I assumed anyways. Seemed like it would be a good starting point for my hairstyle since I just want the bangs to have physics/weight also. 

Well now that I have 3DS Max back on my PC with, hopefully, the plugins I'll need for Skyrim, I can take another shot at this. Just need to setup HDT Autopilot now haha. I did get the Havok Content Tools 2014 after messaging a nice fellow on a RU forum and download the Nvidia Physics and Hairworks Plugins for 3DS Max and Maya too. (Though I'm sure none of the Nvidia stuff would really be helpful for Skyrim modding, it's something I wanted to tinker with, for personal knowledge I suppose.)

Thanks for the info! I'm going to go pray to Azura or some other Goddess now for their help along with sacrificing some sweet rolls.

NVMD i cant aparently read.

also my prevous post was done assuming you would use SMP instead of PE, ao work pipeline i described will not be accurate, as it reflects what you need to do with SMP.

i recommend switching to SMP as it superrior at everything.

but if you insist on using pe .... there u go

I was considering the whole HDT SMP approach but I was admittedly skeptical about it considering all the 50/50 for/against it topics I've read on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be what was used/mimicked in order to achieve the collisions in the HDT Animated P***y mod available? I guess I can start looking for some tutorials on applying SMP to hair, specifically the one and only hairstyle I'm looking to achieve this for, at the moment at least. Honestly haven't had much time to sink into doing anything regarding this in the past week due to my busy schedule as of late with work, etc. What little I have done was trying to copy/paste the version that has physics over the version that was made for me that doesn't have physics. This is the version of the hair that was made for Fallout 4 and when looking at it in Nifskope it has "BSCLOTHEXTRADATA" attached to the hair that I guess is what is responsible for the movement of the hair itself. It doesn't seem to have any "Havok" nodes/strings at all. 

Lol at this point I'm just so worn out with trying to accomplish what I thought would be a simple task and I'm sure for a lot of people it is. I think I'm making it harder on myself by trying to do something without first learning the more basic steps. I still need to learn how to properly apply an outfit to a body, either in 3DS Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, etc. I've done a lot of "Googling" on stuff like making hairstyles from scratch, making new skin textures from scratch, making new eyes from scratch, etc. While there's a lot of good videos on making armor and weapons from scratch it seems finding anything on hair, skin or eyes is hard to come by, either that or I'm just blind? Don't think that's the case though seeing as how if I were to redo any searches I've tried for any of this they'd all show up as "greyed out" in my search feed in google, for at least the first half dozen or so pages starting from the first.  :(

:angel:  I just want my character's bangs to have physics instead of looking like I used an entire tub of styling gel followed by a can or two of hairspray on them. Lol I'm sure they could poke an eye or two out that's for sure!

I'm just glad I even have the ability to use this hairstyle in particular for my character now. I can't express enough thanks to "wishnot4" for taking the time to make the hairstyle standalone for me so I could actually use it as a hairstyle and not a piece of head armor. 

I was considering the whole HDT SMP approach but I was admittedly skeptical about it considering all the 50/50 for/against it topics I've read on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be what was used/mimicked in order to achieve the collisions in the HDT Animated P***y mod available?

Reply to post, if you want me to notise, as that way it gets in my inbox else i wont know you replied...

I don't mostly use LL stuff such as animated pussy, i use LL for finding WIP projects and random scratch projects witch most of SMP stuff in western countries is.

SMP might have been used for that mod but no, SMP is not only for that mod, as HDT PE is not only for boob physics, althrough most seem to use it for that -.-

SMP is whole replacement for HDT PE and its whole name is HDT SKinned Mesh Physics, and as allways HDT is creator of it.

Why SMP came to be is that tools witch where used to create HDT PE [tool was HCT(havok content tools)] was bought by intel and is no longer publicly available thus Hydrogen had to create new way to get physics to stuff in skyrim, and the way was to import whole new physics engine workking alongside havok [bullet]

Thus as SMP is using bullet engine, it only needs bone nodes and apropriate xml with those bone nodes named in it to make the bones move according to physics.

Also reasons to consider using SMP over PE, its more stable, less jerky, has more customisazable physics, supports collisions out of the box without stupid equippable objects, better performance... ETC

I was considering the whole HDT SMP approach but I was admittedly skeptical about it considering all the 50/50 for/against it topics I've read on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be what was used/mimicked in order to achieve the collisions in the HDT Animated P***y mod available?

Reply to post, if you want me to notise, as that way it gets in my inbox else i wont know you replied...

I don't mostly use LL stuff such as animated pussy, i use LL for finding WIP projects and random scratch projects witch most of SMP stuff in western countries is.

SMP might have been used for that mod but no, SMP is not only for that mod, as HDT PE is not only for boob physics, althrough most seem to use it for that -.-

SMP is whole replacement for HDT PE and its whole name is HDT SKinned Mesh Physics, and as allways HDT is creator of it.

Why SMP came to be is that tools witch where used to create HDT PE [tool was HCT(havok content tools)] was bought by intel and is no longer publicly available thus Hydrogen had to create new way to get physics to stuff in skyrim, and the way was to import whole new physics engine workking alongside havok [bullet]

Thus as SMP is using bullet engine, it only needs bone nodes and apropriate xml with those bone nodes named in it to make the bones move according to physics.

Also reasons to consider using SMP over PE, its more stable, less jerky, has more customisazable physics, supports collisions out of the box without stupid equippable objects, better performance... ETC

I know that both HDT and SMP weren't created and aren't soley used for "Adult" orientated mods. It was purely the easiest example I could think of and figured since this is a more adult site than the nexus sites, it would make more sense to use it as an example. 

I was just trying to make a request for having physics added to the hairstyle my character uses. I use HDT for the body, hair and clothes for my characters so I wasn't sure if having SMP physics for just the one hairstyle would require me to also use it on everything else in place of HDT. Like I mentioned in my previous posts, I have no clue what I'm doing lol. Heck if SMP works and won't interfere with all the HDT related stuff I already use, then that's awesome, cause the whole concept of SMP does seem better. On the other hand if I'd have to do a lot of converting my body, hair and clothes I already use to HDT, I'd be lost. Honestly whatever would be compatible and easiest for either myself or somebody kind enough to do the Hair physics for me would be, keeping in mind I already use HDT as it is, would be awesome. 

I know that both HDT and SMP weren't created and aren't soley used for "Adult" orientated mods. It was purely the easiest example I could think of and figured since this is a more adult site than the nexus sites, it would make more sense to use it as an example. 

I was just trying to make a request for having physics added to the hairstyle my character uses. I use HDT for the body, hair and clothes for my characters so I wasn't sure if having SMP physics for just the one hairstyle would require me to also use it on everything else in place of HDT. Like I mentioned in my previous posts, I have no clue what I'm doing lol. Heck if SMP works and won't interfere with all the HDT related stuff I already use, then that's awesome, cause the whole concept of SMP does seem better. On the other hand if I'd have to do a lot of converting my body, hair and clothes I already use to HDT, I'd be lost. Honestly whatever would be compatible and easiest for either myself or somebody kind enough to do the Hair physics for me would be, keeping in mind I already use HDT as it is, would be awesome. 

SMP and PE dont interfere with eachother unless you set them affecting same mesh IE body.

but for memory leak and performance reasons i do not recommend using both at same time (they might be interfering on different way than pure crash or visual bugs...)

but yeah, most recommend eather or, not both...

and for someone making you hair mod, i would propably go abut PM mming or requesting in some conversion thread as your hair problem is not simple convert and its done, its wayy bigger project, and i dont think any random person in thread would do it unless they also would be using that hair... through you might get lukky i have seen that happen sometimes......

this is about all the help i can offer as i m quite new in this stuff also.

Archived