OMG I got a stalker

Myst42

Like title says.

I got my own personal internet stalker

This russian guy, used to write in cyrillic demanding that I do mods for him in screams and angry smileys.

Probably a real nutjob if he thinks by yelling at modders in anger, you can make them do your bidding.

Now he devoted himself to spamming my images and mods at Nexus with insults and troll talk.

After some previous encounters with him and a few PMs that I ended up blocking, it became clear that he is obsessed

And I feel like a celebrity now.

I didnt much believe in me because I do humble stuff and some crappy mods over here and there...

But I got a freaking stalker

I've noticed maybe a fan or two, who I never saw as "fans" but rather as people. I'm very accessible and even can take requests and help people with their own modding from time to time. I never really got the weight of the situation

A goddamn stalker :lol:

So, fellow modders... most modders mod Skyrim nowadays, but you must have dealt with similar situations right?

What are your experiences?

How do you deal with it?

Also... Nexus block user feature isn't working right now :dodgy:  they're famous for their use of the banhammer, but they're kind of delaying...

In the meantime, I wanted to talk about it with strangers who might have passed though the same and maybe worse.

Anybody care to share?

Wait... Should've posted this on general discussion instead

Like title says.

I got my own personal internet stalker

This russian guy, used to write in cyrillic demanding that I do mods for him in screams and angry smileys.

Probably a real nutjob if he thinks by yelling at modders in anger, you can make them do your bidding.

Now he devoted himself to spamming my images and mods at Nexus with insults and troll talk.

After some previous encounters with him and a few PMs that I ended up blocking, it became clear that he is obsessed

And I feel like a celebrity now.

I didnt much believe in me because I do humble stuff and some crappy mods over here and there...

But I got a freaking stalker

I've noticed maybe a fan or two, who I never saw as "fans" but rather as people. I'm very accessible and even can take requests and help people with their own modding from time to time. I never really got the weight of the situation

A goddamn stalker :lol:

So, fellow modders... most modders mod Skyrim nowadays, but you must have dealt with similar situations right?

What are your experiences?

How do you deal with it?

Also... Nexus block user feature isn't working right now :dodgy:  they're famous for their use of the banhammer, but they're kind of delaying...

In the meantime, I wanted to talk about it with strangers who might have passed though the same and maybe worse.

Anybody care to share?

Wait... Should've posted this on general discussion instead

Ах, вот ты где прячешься! (шутка)

Never happened to me. I did have one PM me once with the words something like your sick frickin die or something like that. I blocked them and let the moderators plant their boot in their ass. If you haven't done so report them if you used the nexus for the PM's the moderators can see those PM's if needed. I think if you block someone it blocks them from everything.

Must be pretty sp00py.. But it also sounds slighlty hilarious.

What kinda mods did he even demand you make? 

Never quite even understood the demand... just some ported armor from Kingdoms of Amalur

Not Alyn Shir's

Though I managed to port that one and maybe i'll release it some day., if I manage to get all my unfinished WIPs in line...

And yes... It may be kind of hilarious from a certain perspective, looking back at the memory of those messages

:lol:

Also. Yes, I used all the possible ways to block him and report him both on LL for the first issues, and now on the Nexus for the most recent ones

There is an option that says "block this user from all yourt files" but it wasnt quite working

Apparently now everything is fine and the banhammer has one more victim... a fair one this time though ^_^

Must be pretty sp00py.. But it also sounds slighlty hilarious.

What kinda mods did he even demand you make? 

Never quite even understood the demand... just some ported armor from Kingdoms of Amalur

Not Alyn Shir's

Though I managed to port that one and maybe i'll release it some day., if I manage to get all my unfinished WIPs in line...

And yes... It may be kind of hilarious from a certain perspective, looking back at the memory of those messages

:lol:

Also. Yes, I used all the possible ways to block him and report him both on LL for the first issues, and now on the Nexus for the most recent ones

There is an option that says "block this user from all yourt files" but it wasnt quite working

Apparently now everything is fine and the banhammer has one more victim... a fair one this time though ^_^

If you give him what he wants, he might come back demanding more.  :-/

When I was in high school I had this 300 pound Mexican Girl named Ophelia who would not leave me alone.  I was 15 at the time and I think she was either 17 or 18.  I remember running into traffic and dodging cars just to get across the street and away from her.

Now that's what I call horror.

When I was in high school I had this 300 pound Mexican Girl named Ophelia who would not leave me alone.  I was 15 at the time and I think she was either 17 or 18.  I remember running into traffic and dodging cars just to get across the street and away from her.

only in 'murica

"Ayy pappiii, lemme get tha polla esé"

Here on LL I think it was easier... just added him to the ignore list and watch the birds sing

Nexus has other features... image share...different modding upload engine...

Apparently the block features there only work in certain areas like PMs... The rest is... complicated

Think I'm gonna run some investigations... Internet harassment is harassment everywhere I think... there must be some kind of law for that, even on the internet...

Seriously... the guy is a pshycopath

Sounds like a strong word, I know, but...

Comes from Psique and Pathos, which means mind/soul illness

And he seems ill enough to hold a grudge for over 3 years over some petty little bullshit that I dont even begin to comprehend because of all his nonsensical speech

Ill enough to obsess about it and devote his whole life to harassing me.

Normal people eats, sleeps, goes out with friends and works

I pictured this guy doing none of these things, just sitting in a sad, dark basement, hating.

Ergo, psychopath

This has been kind of enlightening... it's a new experience and has given me insight on what celebrities lives must be

Anyway... we are all no one on the internet. And hope that safety measures keep on being as swift and effective as they have been till now, and even better in the future

Here on LL I think it was easier... just added him to the ignore list and watch the birds sing

Nexus has other features... image share...different modding upload engine...

Apparently the block features there only work in certain areas like PMs... The rest is... complicated

Think I'm gonna run some investigations... Internet harassment is harassment everywhere I think... there must be some kind of law for that, even on the internet...

Seriously... the guy is a pshycopath

Sounds like a strong word, I know, but...

Comes from Psique and Pathos, which means mind/soul illness

And he seems ill enough to hold a grudge for over 3 years over some petty little bullshit that I dont even begin to comprehend because of all his nonsensical speech

Ill enough to obsess about it and devote his whole life to harassing me.

Normal people eats, sleeps, goes out with friends and works

I pictured this guy doing none of these things, just sitting in a sad, dark basement, hating.

Ergo, psychopath

This has been kind of enlightening... it's a new experience and has given me insight on what celebrities lives must be

Anyway... we are all no one on the internet. And hope that safety measures keep on being as swift and effective as they have been till now, and even better in the future

I hope you get the help you deserve, that guy sounds like a cweep... Russians sure have some odd ones amongst them.

Lets not go full racist here... I happen to know or know of at least 4 russian (or from around those parts) modders

2 of them happen to be friends of mine, and after what I've seen, russians can usually be some of the most creative people on the planet. Sometimes they can be odd too, but a lot of times, in a good way.

So yes... maybe that same creativity helps in being a nutjob too, but nutjobs can come from anywhere

These kind of people are labelled "stupid" and should be taken advantage of at every turn. Should ask him to do ridiculous things, eventually his interest will wane. If it doesn't, you can get free shit out of him so you still win.

Just my two cents.

Not for nothing but this is why S&M is a crock of shit.

What's that cartoon with Timmy being all subservient to Vicky, his babysitter?

And his insane teacher.

He has fairy godparents who turn into goldfish, and their boss, who imitates Arnold Schwarzenegger badly.

It's so stereotypical it's in a kids cartoon.

Assholes who take advantage.

But that's not what they were discussing (Down! Sit!)

I'll behave (please continue).

Archived