High Elf TG Mod (Last Couple Issues)

selonianth

So, I've been working for... probably 5 or 6 days now creating a gender swap mod. Created many a help thread, asked many a question in the discord, And I'm... almost done with the first race. High Elves, if the title didn't give you a hint. The only issue is, as you can see, something's up with their heads.

I'm not looking for someone to fix it for me, I *do* need to know what I'm doing to do it for another... nine races or so, but I really would like someone who wouldn't mind helping me get it fixed.

Once I get this fixed I'll swap over the armors so they're wearing the right armors and we'll be gravy for the first part of this mod.

post-1359764-0-70456600-1483327853_thumb.jpg

post-1359764-0-40785800-1483327855_thumb.jpg

this is probably Creation Kit head part, hard to tell by screenshots but you need to see in "hair" > and check "unisex" when choosing male\female. See also body slots (dismemberSkin) info. Both genders will use hair mesh.The key is unisex in all this gender stuff i think.

this is probably Creation Kit head part, hard to tell by screenshots but you need to see in "hair" > and check "unisex" when choosing male\female. See also body slots (dismemberSkin) info. Both genders will use hair mesh.The key is unisex in all this gender stuff i think.

Someone in the discord has suggested it might be an issue where for some reason there's two meshes fighting for control.

The weird hair baldspot seems to just be a side-effect (that continually plagues the 'male' but not the female for some reason.

post-1359764-0-00769200-1483357071_thumb.jpg

post-1359764-0-97265500-1483357071_thumb.jpg

Well, all hairs are using 31\41(long hair) body slots in DismemberSkinInstance partition data and CK.Hairline is distributed by default if there is no mesh that have DismSk data partition for 31\41 slot in the meshes.

Lets say u got a wig with NiSkinInstance in Nifskope under Nitrishape branch,then,CK will use vanilla hairline under the wig or above it in some cases to render hair slot.

To convert NiSkin - right click on it > block > convert > Bethesda >BsDismemberSkin >search "Num Partitions" > (1) > partitions >update green icon > unfold tree > Body part - 31 (hair slot).

Sometimes BsDS data in hair is wrong, vertices or polygons of the mesh needs to be all selected for full engine render.

In some cases meshes are selected partial specifically,so hair or armor wont clip or rim thru objects. They are invincible when engine renders the game.U should research this.

open malehad.nif and replace malehead.dds by malehead_msn.dds (or something else, doesn't matter), same with femalehead.nif

all npcs with a colored head are no good

- 2-3 npc per minutes in the crap kit, same in game, that's a problem with some quests (npc that is supposed to do something isn't there yet to do it because game is generating his head)

- no tintmask in malehead.nif -> neck seam

- bars or red forehead for the ones that use a mod that replace some textures (game can load those textures fine from head nif, crap kit can also load them fine on armors or buildings, but to generate head, crap kit refuse textures that aren't uncompressed for some reason)

game will refuse to load head nif if npc headparts don't match what there is in the nif (you make a nord an imperial, maleheadnord have to be renamed to maleheadimperial)

Well, all hairs are using 31\41(long hair) body slots in DismemberSkinInstance partition data and CK.Hairline is distributed by default if there is no mesh that have DismSk data partition for 31\41 slot in the meshes.

Lets say u got a wig with NiSkinInstance in Nifskope under Nitrishape branch,then,CK will use vanilla hairline under the wig or above it in some cases to render hair slot.

To convert NiSkin - right click on it > block > convert > Bethesda >BsDismemberSkin >search "Num Partitions" > (1) > partitions >update green icon > unfold tree > Body part - 31 (hair slot).

Sometimes BsDS data in hair is wrong, vertices or polygons of the mesh needs to be all selected for full engine render.

In some cases meshes are selected partial specifically,so hair or armor wont clip or rim thru objects. They are invincible when engine renders the game.U should research this.

All of the hairstyles have the right hairline on them though. Male hairstyle with male hairline... hmm.. Well... I found the *eye* issue... Probably anyway. It seems I somehow missed the extra-parts for the eyes, so some of them have the female right eye blind, which isn't in the same spot.

open malehad.nif and replace malehead.dds by malehead_msn.dds (or something else, doesn't matter), same with femalehead.nif

all npcs with a colored head are no good

- 2-3 npc per minutes in the crap kit, same in game, that's a problem with some quests (npc that is supposed to do something isn't there yet to do it because game is generating his head)

- no tintmask in malehead.nif -> neck seam

- bars or red forehead for the ones that use a mod that replace some textures (game can load those textures fine from head nif, crap kit can also load them fine on armors or buildings, but to generate head, crap kit refuse textures that aren't uncompressed for some reason)

game will refuse to load head nif if npc headparts don't match what there is in the nif (you make a nord an imperial, maleheadnord have to be renamed to maleheadimperial)

... I'm confused. you did have the right area that seems to have helped the problem (the heads didn't get swapped) but... I mean... the rest of this doesn't seem like it could be aimed at me or you need to explain the heck you're talking about.

Edit: Nevermind, I had in fact swapped the heads, just not how I thought I'd have named them before...

Edit2: Ah... I parsed what you meant Yatol. Issue is I can't seem to find Malehead_msn or anything like that.

Edit3: *several minutes later* found them.

Edit4: Yea, swapping out the head.dds with head_msn.dds just makes their head turn into floating eyeballs, lips, and hair (which still doesn't have the full hair there).

I've determined the cause of the issue. It's the head itself. For some reason, despite being cloned from the high elf head, it's using nord racial data. If someone knows how to fix that, High elves will be done. They won't have nearly any armor's converted (yet) but the race itself will be functional.

Edit4: Yea, swapping out the head.dds with head_msn.dds just makes their head turn into floating eyeballs, lips, and hair (which still doesn't have the full hair there).

the purpose is to make it easier to see the npc that aren't loading their head nif (you can't see the neck seam with some armors or helms)

if you change the race of a npc, head nif have to be edited, it no longer match what the game expect to find in the nif

same if you replace eyes x by eyes y

because of that those npc mods are so much problems

it's too late to rename maleheadnord, maleheadimperial, femaleheadbreton... to HEAD, same with eyes, hairs, mouth, scars...

Archived