F4 pegs my CPU

But I just re-read stuff, this was supposed to be a post reassuring the OP>

You said my poor CPU would burn up my videocard, unless I was lucky.

I've been very lucky for (uh, 17.1-12.11, whatever that is)

So I do **NOT** need another CPU?

I still don't get why my CPU is maxxed out at 100%. Even if it is an old one, I just don't think it'd be registering 100% all the time the game is running.

:(

But when I play games now, my computer makes loud static sounds thru my headphones and my friends can hear it if I join a chat.

HEY! I got that too! What is causing it???

OK this is something my mind has been chewing on for a bit, like an old bone, it comes up when I'm bored or trying not to think about smoking.

OK: Your CPU is fine, INMHO. It just is.

If it wasn't, you'd know because other stuff would complain.

Don't overclock.

If you wanna waste tons, go for the motherboard instead. The hum heard from some mobos can be traced to the case wiring and the mobo itself. Use digital sound (It's on the tip of my tongue, shoot, can't remember) , one is HD-something, the other is AC97-something, and the wiring is slightly different.

If you do not overclock, you can find motherboards that do stuff lots better (in theory) but I'm just talking, unless you only paid 89.95 for your Mobo, and then you should maybe listen to me.

post-392535-0-25122600-1485043737_thumb.jpg

But I just re-read stuff, this was supposed to be a post reassuring the OP>

You said my poor CPU would burn up my videocard, unless I was lucky.

I've been very lucky for (uh, 17.1-12.11, whatever that is)

So I do **NOT** need another CPU?

I still don't get why my CPU is maxxed out at 100%. Even if it is an old one, I just don't think it'd be registering 100% all the time the game is running.

But when I play games now, my computer makes loud static sounds thru my headphones and my friends can hear it if I join a chat.

HEY! I got that too! What is causing it???

OK this is something my mind has been chewing on for a bit, like an old bone, it comes up when I'm bored or trying not to think about smoking.

OK: Your CPU is fine, INMHO. It just is.

If it wasn't, you'd know because other stuff would complain.

Don't overclock.

If you wanna waste tons, go for the motherboard instead. The hum heard from some mobos can be traced to the case wiring and the mobo itself. Use digital sound (It's on the tip of my tongue, shoot, can't remember) two options, one is analogue-something, the other is digital-something, and the wiring is slightly different.

If you do not overclock, you can find motherboards that do stuff lots better (in theory) but I'm just talking, unless you only paid 89.95 for your Mobo, and then you should maybe listen to me.

EDIT: To cut it short, final answer.

The CPU would have to be swap as others have said.

OP said his computer coil-whines when he runs a game, that says everything. That's not normal either.

I would look into swapping the CPU.

Ps. AMD is not fit for fallout 4 if my intel 2320 can run the game without a problem. And others said AMD not fit for this game. Every game runs different.

i like how every one says that the AMD FX CPU (4 core) 4300 Vishra is junk, when my i7 920 witch is way older and runs slower can play the game just fine.

i call bullshit on everyone in this thread.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core%20i7-920%20AT80601000741AA%20(BX80601920%20-%20BXC80601920).html

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-4300.html

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/312/AMD_FX-Series_FX-4300_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-920.html

my cpu is 8 years old for crying out loud on a x58 chip set :/

hell even my ram is slower

Processor: Intel® Core i7 920 2.67GHz turbo 2.93 GHz 8MBL3
Memory: 12GB DDR3 1066 Triple Channel
Motherboard: something from dell Studio XPS 435t x58 Chipset
Graphics Card: PCI-E MSI GeForce GTX 660ti 2GB GDDR5 Power edition
Monitor Size: DELL 21" 1080

dose the motherboard have any power saving fetchers that are on? like PowerNow! or Cool and quite or Low power P states or something that cause the cpu to clock down in to low power mode and what about the power settings in windows what are they set to.

i like how every one says that the AMD FX CPU (4 core) 4300 Vishra is junk, when my i7 920 witch is way older and runs slower can play the game just fine.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core%20i7-920%20AT80601000741AA%20(BX80601920%20-%20BXC80601920).html

hell evem my ram is slower

dose the motherboard have any power saving fetchers that are on? like PowerNow! or Cool and quite or Low power P states or something that cause the cpu to clock down in to low power mode and what about the power settings in windows what are they set to.

Age does not come with performance.

yeah and my cpu barely out ranks this one, he shouldn't be having theses problems.

i'm starting to wonder if Fallout 4 hates AMD parts

yeah and my cpu barely out ranks this one, he shouldn't be having theses problems.

i'm starting to wonder if Fallout 4 hates AMD parts

Fallout 4 having these problems are very common.

Steam forums are filled with these questions so I guess so. At this point, I will go back playing Skyrim and FONV until I am able to create my very own map for fallout 4 to be free of the framerate drops.

ugh another person who buys amd who dont have a clue anyway read the post  or dont lol

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71609-what-could-be-upgraded-in-order-to-get-better-fps/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1798083

AMD is good though. OP is worried that he shouldn't overclock it but it's safe to overclock it if his CPU is atleast 20 degrees celcius you can overclock it. I keep recommending him to do so, but he just skims over my post. 

ugh another person who buys amd who dont have a clue anyway read the post  or dont lol

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71609-what-could-be-upgraded-in-order-to-get-better-fps/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1798083

AMD is good though. OP is worried that he shouldn't overclock it but it's safe to overclock it if his CPU is atleast 20 degrees celcius you can overclock it. I keep recommending him to do so, but he just skims over my post. 

not 20 degress c, but yes you are correct mine on idle sits about 45 degrees c max temps at 6.2ghz with water cooling is stable at 76 degrees  just when i go above that it has a heart flutter but this is probs due to ram and not enough of it. granted i have a case cooler or 2 too along with 2 fans that keep the north and south bridge at a stable 30-40 along with the cpu temp of 76 

if its air cooled forget about it.

decent air cooler = £40= does nothing better with a desk fan

crap version but miles better water cooler = £50 = semi ok for overclock 1 fan and half size rad

recondition good H100 with 5 year warranty = £55 = huge rad 2 huge fans massive cooling for epic overclock.

some people are just afraid of what they dont know and are not willing to learn from there mistakes its trail and error. it wouldnt boot past bios if it was not stable let alone get to a hot working temp so zero chance of melting it along with the fact that windows shuts down your PC at roughly 100 degrees c depending on CPU etc. its up to him i aint wasting my time telling/explained to intel lovers either for that matter who say claim there cpu is the best when clearly they just went out and fabricated parts together with only a thought to what the company's have claimed." oooo intel performs better out the box" does it! well mines aint just out the box pal lmao is what i tell them and in comparison i done ages ago on another forum there was only a 10fps difference between the 2 with the same cards they also paid almost £40 per ghz of power where as mines barely broke £5 per ghz. on another note i can get 10 fps extra by upgrading the card lol

ive actully loaded a custom kernel on a sony Experia play then overclocked the single 1.2ghz cpu all the way to 2ghz and its also been very stable granted this gets hot to and sucks battery life but meh nice to have the ghz and not need than need and not have.

think on it this way id rather break a £90 cpu than a £450 for pushing it like 1ghz lol in olden days i was lucky to get a 0.3ghz overclock with my pro air cooler back then

mind my first proper cpu was a 0.333 ghz cpu way way back and many moons ago so ive had alot of practice but if you dont try youll never know

anyway overclock or buy a new intel save you the bother of overclocking or maybe venture out and buy a amd with a nice water cooler for half the price and dont worry if it blows up mid flow as its 2 for 1 at amd right now lol

things to check

would be is your CPU running at 0% -2% with zero load if it is then fine if not then some other program is jacking your CPU. AVG is known to do this this is why its free basically unlike eset nod32 anti virus this constantly spins your HDD ruining it and also consuming CPU power constantly checking your HDD. been an average user have you even checked out this possibility. i mean dyam you spent coins on 32 gbs of ram what i wouldnt give for that maybe my left leg. 

post-1666755-0-90007400-1485291287_thumb.jpg

I will check! 

:)

Hardware setting, probably audio setting in windows but could be a bios setting is incorrect or somewhat less likely a driver issue. I suspect audio because that is where I have seen hung processor most often in all the years of tinkering with pc but I would not be suprised if gpu drivers were at fault either. Disable any audio hardware acceleration, check with mobo manual or look it up if you don't have it and verify bios settings are correct and check if there are any chipset driver updates as well.

There is no reason you can't play fo4 with that cpu. I gave my nephew a pc that uses that exact cpu and an old r9270 and it's playing the game with no problems.

Hardware setting, probably audio setting in windows but could be a bios setting is incorrect or somewhat less likely a driver issue. I suspect audio because that is where I have seen hung processor most often in all the years of tinkering with pc but I would not be suprised if gpu drivers were at fault either. Disable any audio hardware acceleration, check with mobo manual or look it up if you don't have it and verify bios settings are correct and check if there are any chipset driver updates as well.

There is no reason you can't play fo4 with that cpu. I gave my nephew a pc that uses that exact cpu and an old r9270 and it's playing the game with no problems.

Have you checked to see if the CPU is pegging 100% all the time (except for wait screens)?

if its air cooled forget about it.

Ok, so no matter what, I've got to invest in a water cooler, whether I keep my current CPU or upgrade to a newer, more powerful one?

I went & read the requirements for the newer, more powerful CPU's & all of them say water cooling is REQUIRED.

.........and water cooling is $100-500 USD.

Ouch.

As someone who builds computers, I've recently been amazed at the direction things seem to be going.

1. What moron thought that mixing water & powered electronics would be a GOOD THING?

2. Aren't CPU companies AMD & INTEL supposed to be making CPU's that run COOLER, not hotter?

3. If there's a price war going on, why hasn't the price of Intel's chips come down to a normal level?

($1,000 USD for a fucking chip? Are you serious??)

Inquiring minds wanna know!~

:lol:

Flew around downtown with jetpack, watched some raiders and mutants fighting and this is results from msi log.

cpu usage,  max 100

cpu 1 usage max 98

cpu 2 usage max 96

cpu 3 usage max 92

cpu 4 usage max 88

This is max use of each core but this was not sustained use by any means, the graphs showed it performed very similar to my 8350. If your cpu is hitting 100 or even in the 90s and just sticking there you have another problem that is causing that and o/c your cpu will not make any difference but could potentially damage it.

Latest amd chips are not released yet, but there is no information that they require water cooling they look to have similar or better tdp to equivalent intel.

Other than the fx 9000 series I don't know what cpu you are seeing that requires water cooling. 9000 is more or less a factory overclocked 8300 series which is why they state it will require water cooling but you can air cool them as well just need a good air cooler. I would not recommend getting one of those unless you know for certain your motherboard will support it, most don't.

1. ive thought about making my own block and buying liquid nitrogen at £300 per litre for 30 mins 

2. in the state of portable devices then yes as you cant hook up to a supply very much the cooler you can keep something the more you can push it and the more effiient it will run.

3.amd are have always been budget saying that thou i have the fx9370 8x4.3 ghz core sitting in a box on my shelf this thing hits a massive 220 TDP way way higher than intel and theres only a few motherboards that go this high(all £145+). intel max at 96 TDP i think from memory

4. who said running hot was a bad thing? the fact that it could run that hot now thats impressive but this thing requires 1000w power supply standard lol

intel just can do more per ghz of power

imagine it like this 

intel car goes 100mph gets there in 6 secs 

amd car goes 150mph gets ther in 24 secs  (100pmh in like 18secs)

now when intel make one that does 150mph and gets there in 12 secs i would be interested but atm there only good at low end rates

certain overcvlocks on intels dont nearly get as high according to the database most max 5.3ghz where as amd go way past 8.5ghz per core

eventually both will balance out in time going 125 mph and reaching it in 12 secs but ide rather buy the one that already has the ghz and not the speed granted it might take its time because of lack of threads to transfer information but at least it gets there. which means i dont need to upgrade till things catch up. most programs still dont utilise full quad core or didnt last i looked

in the state of a business you would need more stable faster lower end power grunt like intel

in the state of portable devices you would want an intel as they run cooler more power efficient due to double the treads per core

in the state of home PC for me well its just how much power can you give it and how cool you can keep it but each to there own

certain things are related in overclocks 

cooling/cpu/ram/motherboard.

the same cpu with better cooling and ram and motherboard would perform better per ghz per core say you gave me your 32 gbs of ripsaws ;P and i got a better MB like the asus and i could keep it cool enough who knows how high you could push it. motherboard alone would give me an extra 10% from reports. how much money would you like to burn in essence lol

but i would honestly be sure overclocking is the issue like the above post states could be something else try a fresh copy of windows see if its the same. or run a few checks sorry but i dont have your PC could be to do with graphic settings also shadows, for one turn them off that will save huge amounts cpu power and nivda cards like performance mode not quality.  other things you can do are reduce your desktop display settings and use a solid background colour thats easy to produce like blue. none of the above affect ingame settings but require less for the the computer to do in the background improving pc performance 

^i always do when overclocking

shadows on for me normally hit 100%1-2-3-4 cores lol, quadruple the amount of information going through my tiny threads

Flew around downtown with jetpack, watched some raiders and mutants fighting and this is results from msi log.

cpu usage,  max 100

cpu 1 usage max 98

cpu 2 usage max 96

cpu 3 usage max 92

cpu 4 usage max 88

This is max use of each core but this was not sustained use by any means, the graphs showed it performed very similar to my 8350. If your cpu is hitting 100 or even in the 90s and just sticking there you have another problem that is causing that and o/c your cpu will not make any difference but could potentially damage it.

Latest amd chips are not released yet, but there is no information that they require water cooling they look to have similar or better tdp to equivalent intel.

Other than the fx 9000 series I don't know what cpu you are seeing that requires water cooling. 9000 is more or less a factory overclocked 8300 series which is why they state it will require water cooling but you can air cool them as well just need a good air cooler. I would not recommend getting one of those unless you know for certain your motherboard will support it, most don't.

Skyrim, with everything imaginable set to max, including FFA, barely hits 50% on my CPU.

Fallout 4 with NOTHING turned on & at lowest settings, pegs my CPU at 100% except for cut screens & wait screens.

Is Fallout 4 really that much more powerful than Skyrim?

cpu usage,  max 100

cpu 1 usage max 98

cpu 2 usage max 96

cpu 3 usage max 92

cpu 4 usage max 88

Skyrim, with everything imaginable set to max, including FFA, barely hits 50% on my CPU.

Fallout 4 with NOTHING turned on & at lowest settings, pegs my CPU at 100% except for cut screens & wait screens.

sadly yes.. either that or its still badly optimised for pc >.<

Remember that was max use, not average. The cpu had no problem with the game and only hits max use during load or when loading a cell with a lot of enemies, average use showed the cpu was never stressed and performed just fine.

If you are at 100% then you have another problem, that cpu can handle it just fine unless something is wrong with it.

when skyrim first came out for me the game was unplayable due to spikes like what your getting and not that its was badly optimised for PC. it was more they didn't optimise it for AMD cpus especially mine seen as how it was a brand new fm2 socket cpu (at the time). even though my PC was stated that it was playable it was far from great like every few mins boom jitters 100% cpu etc. kind of like a memory leak somewhere.  might just have to wait for them to roll out a patch. some games even that come out today wont be optimised for my CPU just because the sheer lack of people who have one.

saying that this game has been out for quite some time now

When the game came out, I've read a bit around because I noticed that too and I was curious to understand why. I've read that the game was built to use 8 cores at its best since new console had these specs and the game was made looking at them.

Take it as it is, it's what I've read on some videogame website, don't know if it's true but on my personal experience it could work - my 8 cores are always 50%-80%

Any chance you could do this and test the game in windowed mode see if it is FO4 thats running your machine up. mine i max about 75% cpu usage the pic below is idle nothing running see how it shows cpu at 1%. also notice on pic(resourse monitor window) i have the average cpu % box ascending to see what is stealing the most

34214b86c9.png34203db349.png

this is optimal settings page for me anyway

345bbb5a07.png

Archived