Can't start the game through F4SE

I have the latest version of the game installed as well as the latest version of F4SE installed and made sure that any mods that use it are up to date but it still doesn't work. I've even validated my files, with the same result. It acts like it's going to load the game, the screen turns black, I get a Windows loading icon, and then it crashes.

The game runs fine as long as I use the vanilla launcher.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure anyone cares or was paying attention or not, but my issue seemed to be ReShade. So if you're have the same issues that I was, try uninstalling that. Your game may look like washed out crap again, but it's better than the alternative, especially when the really juicy stuff that relies on F4SE starts coming out.

To uninstall ReShade, all you have to do is get rid of the ReShade file folder in your Fallout 4 game folder as well as both of the dxgi files, and the other two files called ReShade, to uninstall it completely; you may also have to re-validate your game files through Steam in order to clear it from your Fallout 4 launcher.

Anyway, that's what worked for me. Just thought I would give this some closure for anyone else with the same kinds of problems and happens upon this topic.

Archived