Problems with ABBOTSFORD mod

rwbyrose

Hello there everyone,

I started modding my Oblivion game not to long ago and I come across this awesome mod: http://mods.missanithrope.com/oblivion/mercantile/abbotsford/ . So this mod adds a shop to the game where you can buy very cool and cute looking outfits for your character, the mod itself works fine for me, the store, armors, wepons, vendors almost everything is ok. The problem is that when I use the mod many parts of floor disappear from my game, also the beutifull shop that desuchan made is no where to be find, when I fast travel to te location I only find a door that leads to the shop.

you can see pictures of what I mean here: https://www.instagram.com/ameri.rwby/

I already tried to contact the mod's autor but the website and the mod are very old so maybe he or she will never see that post, please can someone help me?

Can you guys try the mod and tell me if it work for you or tell me what to do to make it work please

Have you examined your game with Tes4edit?  That should show you where the conflicts are.

Post your load order, with Oblivion the last mod that affects something.......wins.

Along those lines, have you run BOSS?  If not, do it!

Lastly, have you tried building a bashed patch with Wyre and starting a new game to test?

Have you examined your game with Tes4edit?  That should show you where the conflicts are.

Post your load order, with Oblivion the last mod that affects something.......wins.

Along those lines, have you run BOSS?  If not, do it!

Lastly, have you tried building a bashed patch with Wyre and starting a new game to test?

Ok well I havent used Tes4edit it kinda scares me hehe, I have never used BOSS or Wyre before I kinda know about their existance since I have modded Skyrim for 3 years by now but I have never used them. The only things that I have used for Oblivion so far are Oblivion Mod manager and Nexus mod manager, I will download BOSS and Wyre and try what you said with Tes4edit but it will take some time, beacuse I dont know how to use them yet.

Here my load order:

Oblivion.esm
RealisticLeveling.esm
Abbotsford.esp (<----- the culprit)
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
Knights.esp
DLCShivering Isles.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
Oblivion Character Overhaul.esp
DMC stylish - Specialanims.esp
Stylish Jump.esp
Alternattive Start by Robert evrae.esp
nu female player idle.esp
Plate armor plus - Woman's move edition.esp
DMZ Vanilla Armors Beta.esp
Notused Leather.esp
nu dwarven f cuirass.esp
armor remplace glass.esp
Boots shop.esp
Emperor F.esp
SupremeMagicka.esp
SM ShiveringIsles.esp
SM Scrolls.esp
SM SigilStone.esp
SM DLCSpellTome.esp
SM EnchantStaff.esp
EnchantmentMastery.esp
MaleBodyReplacerv4.esp

I have installed the mod manually since the autor recommends doing so, but I found something on Nexus mod manager "WARNING: This plugin has the file extension .esp, but its file header marks it as an esm!" on read letters

Run BOSS.

Remember that Oblivion is not at all like Skyrim.  If there are conflicts, the last mod that changes something wins.  

Tes4edit should not scare you, you can't brick your game just by looking at things with it:  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11536/?

Wyre is a bit more challenging, but there is a good pictorial guide:  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35230/?

A bashed patch using Wyre is often a game saver.

Please remember to start a new game each time you change your load order to test if things are working correctly.

Do NOT use LOOT.  That is for Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Run BOSS.

Remember that Oblivion is not at all like Skyrim.  If there are conflicts, the last mod that changes something wins.  

Tes4edit should not scare you, you can't brick your game just by looking at things with it:  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11536/?

Wyre is a bit more challenging, but there is a good pictorial guide:  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35230/?

A bashed patch using Wyre is often a game saver.

Please remember to start a new game each time you change your load order to test if things are working correctly.

Do NOT use LOOT.  That is for Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I ran Tes4edit the mod Abbotsford was green... so idk, there where some other mod comflics but all where dlc and unofficial patches, so I dont know if I should change something there. also ran Boss the mod is not in the list, I got some indications on boss about other mods like supreme magicka "Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function."  also for other mod I got a link http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=TES4Edit_Cleaning_Guide I read the hole thing but I dont know what to do with that, and it was kinda difficult to understan since Enghlish is not my mother language. I am really frustrated I couldn't change the problem, I dont know what to do :(

And NEVER use Nexus Modmanager !!!!!

use Oblivion Modmanager or TES modmanager.

And clean the Abbotsford.esp with TES4Edit

I just used Nexus Modmanager  for some yuravica's mods http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/1090935/?tb=mods&pUp=1 they only change the meshes of some armors and clothes, but they dont have esp files so I thought that it was ok, do you think that could be the problem?

Have you read my yellow Link below?

If a Mod is not in the BOSS list:

Run BOSS, then sort the Mods BOSS did not sort manually in the Oblivion Mod manager(clothes Mods to sorted clothes Mods, Quest Mods to sorted quest Mods, .....Sort them in about alphabetically within the categories)

All Mods BOSS does not know BOSS put at the end of the Load order, You must sort these Mods manually !!!

----------------------------------------------

NEXUS Modmanager is shit ! If you want to mess up your game use it. If you want to play Oblivion delete it and use Oblivion Mod manager or TES Mod manager

AGAIN : read my  yellow Link !!!

-----------------------------------

Mod cleaning: Yes some mods you should not clean ( But this is very rare )

CLEAN THE MOD: seems Abbotsford.esp is very dirty Mod.

many parts of floor disappear.

If you are using ‘Cheydinhal Pet Shop’, the 5 NPC’s in the store WILL NOT TALK TO YOU

It is esm  but name is Abbotsford.esp .

So it is a very dirty Mod,  bad modding work.

Cleaning:

Best you load the Abbotsford.esp in the CS and save it as esp. Then you have a real esp.

Then load the Abbotsford.esp in TES4Edit.

In the left window you right click the Abbotsford.esp  and choose "apply Filter for cleaning"

Wait.

Then right click the apply Abbotsford.esp again and choose "Remove identical to master records"

Then right click the apply Abbotsford.esp again and choose "Undelete and disable references"

Then right click the apply Abbotsford.esp again and choose "Check for errors"

If you get error messages check the entries ( and fix  if needed)

Check all colored entries in the Abbotsford.esp  if the changes are right or must be.

---------------------------

I don't have the mod , and I don't download 850MB, But you can send me a PM with the esp and I check the esp with TES4Edit.

• 2 months later...

I know maybe this too late btw, for future bugs it may be helped. Use Tes4ed and delete group "worldspace" in plugin. After that, bug with floor and landscape gone. One note from me, if bugs with floor/landscape occur, if you dont see the solution for problem, try old method, delete some cells/or landscape from mod that occur problem, sometimes its helps like with this mod.

Abbotsford.esp

Archived