Adding Physics to Dress / Proper Weight painting? (big pictures inside)

robinhood11

Hi,

so I'm trying to add a Skater Style Dress/Skirt to the game, but I have some trouble getting the physics right.

I've copied the weights from the sequin dress in Outfit Studio:

HTLN37H.jpg

and got it ingame:

whUGEQ9.jpg

Sadly it doesn't really look/work as I hoped and clips through the body.

Do you guys have any tips/tricks how to do it?

Make a back up so you don't lose your work. You could just do 1 of two thing. Load the nif up into outfit studio and click the body and use the reduce mesh option to shrink the area that is clipping or use the increase mesh option and click the skirt and increase the mesh in the area that is clipping. Ga back into game and check results repeat till gone. If needed take a screenshot of he spot for reference. 

• 2 weeks later...

The cloth physics in FO4 are a bit weird. I also have tried doing skirts/dresses, and it "kinda" works copying the physics data/bone weights from a vanilla mesh. The one thing I did notice, was that with the cloth physics the clothing seems "less substantial" (i.e it seems to clip badly and have no "thickness") but without the cloth physics, it behaves like a flat piece of cardboard.

The only way around it I've found is to first look for a vanilla mesh that is close to what you are making, (I found that Fathers Lab Coat is good for longer dresses) and second, make the mesh larger in the areas that seem to be problematic. It's not perfect, but it works

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/7/2017 at 7:37 PM, protozero84 said:

anyone can send me an original sequin dress mesh file? cuase my sequin dress has problem during I tried to effect weight T_T

http://imgur.com/a/HiH8x

The original assets are contained in the 'Fallout 4 - Meshes.ba2' in your Data directory.  You would need to use Archive2 to open this, which is included with the CK if you have installed.  If not, you can use Bethesda Archive Extractor

Archived