FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp

MaxLevel100.esp

People_Radio.esp

Enclave Radio Enhanced.esp

Total active plugins: 54

Total plugins: 55

It never did this when I played on Windows 7 with an AMD card. Now it does. Is it a Windows 10/Nvidia thing or a mod thing? So basically what happens is at first the sound stops playing then it gets super slow then it freezes up pretty much.

I see no reason why a newer OS, faster CPU, more RAM, or higher end GPU should prevent you from playing FO3. It ought to run even better and with all the settings maxed out unlike on older systems.

My suggestions then are these:

1. Check the load order.  It really does matter. Check out LOOT it can save a lot of head trauma.

2. Using a mod manager like FOMM can prevent you from installing mods improperly and make it easier to keep track of what you have installed.

The mod manager can also help you track down the cause of a problem you are having like game crashes. In the mod manager you can simply untick a mod to deactivate it and try running your game without it to see if it is the cause. You may have to deactivate all of them and create a clean save then reactivate one by one to track down the offending mod. And it may not be the mod that is defective on its own, it may just be that it is conflicting with another mod. The best way to know if that is the case is to read the description and forum comments about any mod you suspect might be involved in the conflict. Usually the incompatibility is already known about and there may already be a compatibility patch for it.

To help narrow your specific problem down I would look through the mod list for any mods that are associated with something found in only in (or in much greater quantity in) urban ruins. Like your rubble mod for instance. That would be a likely suspect I would thoroughly investigate (ie carefully read its mod description and user comments).

Archived