gaming laptops

SuccubusAlexa

Much of the answer for this depends on which country you are in, but I just bought this;

Intel i7 4910mq 2.90gm, 32gb ram, 2 2tb hd, geforce gtx 970m 6gb, 17" screen, windows 10 pro 64bit, from a custom build that cost me around £2k.

There again the new gaming desktop I just had built cost around the same.

But I should not need to get a new one of either for 3-4 years I hope.

I bought this it's good enough to play everything I could find

MSI 15.6" GT62VR Dominator-012 Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 32 GB Memory 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit G-Sync Gaming Laptop VR Ready

Can you link where you bought it?

I got it on newegg here is the url. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154291&cm_re=MSI_15.6"_GT62VR_Dominator-012_Intel_Core_i7_6700HQ_%282.60_GHz%29_NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_1060_32_GB_Memory_256_GB_SSD_1_TB_HDD_Windows_10_Home_64-Bit_G-Sync_Gaming_Laptop_VR_Ready-_-34-154-291-_-Product

Too bad a laptop is more difficult and expensive to upgrade than a desktop.

Though you can upgrade laptops, I tend to view them as not upgradeable, due to the cost of the parts and sometimes how hard it is to upgrade.  I once got quoted £200 to upgrade the two hard drives on my old dell, and that price did not include the new drives, mind you one I looked at how to access the drives on my version of the laptop I was pretty much of the view of hell no, tedious and complex was the way.

whats the best gaming laptop there is. well at least plays skyrim and fallout 4 and more games perfectly.

Can I ask you which is the maximum price you wanna spend, before give you my personal opinion?  :lol:  

Google anything costing really close to $2600.

I just did, because I didn't want to totally talk outta my butt, but there are price-points manufacturers shoot for.

2600 seems to be one of those points.

So OK I googled, and "Alienware" seemed to come up a lot.

PS

I wondered why this place suddenly became "tom's hardware" and then I realized that they all got answered today

I even have a link, but it might be dated, and even if it isn't, I'm only using it as an example.

https://www.amazon.com/CybertronPC-Titan-SK-X4-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B017HE1MG2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HE1WRG/ref=psdc_13896615011_t1_B017HE1MG2

edit:

I noticed this thread got dusty, and I probably should have added (whenever I wrote the above) that 2600 is not an unreasonable amount.

Consider the lowly watch. I googled one after reading a post in another thread.

As near as I can tell, a nice pocket watch costs 30,000 (thirty thousand dollars, using very round figures)

post-392535-0-72352500-1484219402_thumb.jpg

Archived