Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why does imgur block images hosted there from being visible on LL?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Doctor Cadaver

Doctor Cadaver

The doctor is in!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

I can try that browser.  Just hope it's not as clumsy as Chrome or Firefox for Android.

EDIT:  Unfortunately, it is.  It won't let me sync my bookmarks from Google Chrome.  Oh well, uninstalling.

Wich mobile devices do you use ?

Personnally, I have those ones : a Sony Xperia Z3 (smartphone) and a Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (no need to explain :P) and Firefox runs smoothly on those ones. Back from my old Nokia N900 the old Firefox was really usable too.

I have an LG G Stylo from Metro PCS.  I'm currently using Boat Browser because it's the closest to a desktop browser I can get on my device.  I've actually had a Linux virtual machine with the desktop version of Firefox on my Android phone at one time, but there were still way too many limitations with it.  And it was impractical.

EDIT: Just realized there was an update for Boat Browser, but it's plagued with ads and performance issues.  So I won't be updating anytime soon.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

KoreanPriestess

KoreanPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Figured something interesting out.

After installing HTTPS Everywhere on Chrome I can now see all imgur links properly, including pictures in threads I could not originally see.

dragondoom42

dragondoom42

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

No idea if it is linked, but is it the same issue when people wanted to link the nexus through to LL? Then LL was updated with a age warning and that fixed the rules?

It would be nice to have a comment from imgur for this blocking. if LL is blocked, then why not adult subreddits?

KoreanPriestess

KoreanPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

No idea if it is linked, but is it the same issue when people wanted to link the nexus through to LL? Then LL was updated with a age warning and that fixed the rules?

It would be nice to have a comment from imgur for this blocking. if LL is blocked, then why not adult subreddits?

I would most likely say its something to do with this, or at least part of it.

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

@dragondoom42

This isn't the first time imgur has used tactics like this but it doesn't take much to get around their tactics. I haven't noticed a problem anymore all pictures show up now since I updated the referer link for imgur.

The nexus had LL on a black list because there was no age gate and that anyone could enter the site. Certain words were added to their filter to prevent anyone for posting them like loverslab and anyone that posted loverlab or linked to LL were insta banned.

Lady Horus

Lady Horus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

I started using Postimg but for me the images are sized down considerably which isn't what I want them to do in the case of screenshots for mods and such like that.

Imgur is what I was using prior since they allow (far as I can tell) the original resolution. That's my main concern, really.

If anyone has a list of good alternatives, that would be appreciated. :) Seems like every time I find a good one something happens to it and I have to find something else (like imgur blocking LL for instance).

Ayn Sof

Ayn Sof

Planet X, Won't you come??

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Try Slimgur

http://sli.mg/

I heard some people created that image hosting website in response to imgur censoring images on reddit.

Benmc20

Benmc20

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

I started using Postimg but for me the images are sized down considerably which isn't what I want them to do in the case of screenshots for mods and such like that.

Imgur is what I was using prior since they allow (far as I can tell) the original resolution. That's my main concern, really.

If anyone has a list of good alternatives, that would be appreciated. :) Seems like every time I find a good one something happens to it and I have to find something else (like imgur blocking LL for instance).

This one : http://reho.st/

Originally, it was created for this forum but anyone can use it without any restriction. And, even if this site is in french, it's really simple to use.

Nazzzgul666

Nazzzgul666

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

I use Lightshot to make screenshots (outside of Skyrim, though) and upload them, it's a very nice tool i've found while playing a bulgarian browser game, the support there uses it. At least as long as it doesn't need high resolution, i just make screenshots of pictures if i want to upload them because it's so easy to use. :)

*edit: not saying it can't make high res screenshots, never tried, though. And make a screenshot of a high res picture only to upload it sounds like blasphemy to me. ;)

Shutokou03

Shutokou03

テレパシー

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

imgbox is a good domain for anyone needing to upload their pictures

or even dropbox

ChaosZen

ChaosZen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

I hope nobody minds if I try testing a different image host here. It says they allow adult content, but I've not been able to find any details on user guidelines or limitations. 

temptress003.jpg

...And a test to check direct linking from full size image:

Spoiler