Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why does imgur block images hosted there from being visible on LL?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Cattpride

Cattpride

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I've noticed that for a while now, all images posted on LL that are hosted on imgur don't show up, and you have to open their URLs and cut out the "i." from the beginning of the address in order to access them.

I'm 99% sure that this is something purposefully done by imgur, and I know it can be fixed by installing a browser extension, but the question is, why? Like seriously, the fuck? What do they gain by doing this? Is LoversLab some kind of internet ISIS now that needs to be censored, or what?

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,141 posts

Because LL is considered a adult site and they don't want their stuff linked to on sites like this. But there is almost always a work around for their fail tactics. It has always been like this.

davisev5225

davisev5225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

I know it can be fixed by installing a browser extension

Do you mind sharing?

Cattpride

Cattpride

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I know it can be fixed by installing a browser extension

Do you mind sharing?

http://www.loverslab...chrome-firefox/

B)

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,141 posts

Don't know if that works anymore as they have a new linking setup where there is a I where the WWW should be.

(enip)

(enip)
  • Guests

becuz imgur doesn't like Loverslab, buit apparently people still support imgur for what ever reason, I dunno. Is it worth installing the hack plugin? no. Stop supporting a imageshare that sucks like imageshack when it went all paywall.

Doctor Cadaver

Doctor Cadaver

The doctor is in!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Still no such browser extension for mobile browsers.

Chaos63

Chaos63

Deus Vult

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Because imgur is a piece of shit. So is photobucket.

Honestly, why do people still use this filth?

☀ Dust

☀ Dust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

iirc, the problem was using https in the picture link. If you use plain http, it shows correctly. The i, I think, has nothing to do with it.
I started this thread long ago and, as you can see, the images are still fine.

Mud

Mud

Life and Hometown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

So what alternative image hosting options do we have? I'd been using postimg, but after a recent kerfuffle they had with server hosting it seems they're going down the path of forbidding adult images, making it lose a lot of its usefulness for this place.

Rayblue

Rayblue

By the Six and the Nine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Just to inform that postimg.org no longer allows adult images. There's a lot of adult image hosting sites, but then it seems that they also have some advertising herpes.

Benmc20

Benmc20

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

You can use the sames extensions for Firefox Mobile as for Firefox desktop (trust me), unless Video Download helper (I think - not tested).

Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet

Fairy Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Install Firefox on your shitty device. You can install practically the same addons as for the desktop browser. Install uBlock Origin, instead of AdBlock, AdBlock is trash (any version of it), trust me.

(enip)

(enip)
  • Guests

Anyone who puts trust me in their sentence shouldn't be trusted. Trust me.

Doctor Cadaver

Doctor Cadaver

The doctor is in!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Install Firefox on your shitty device. You can install practically the same addons as for the desktop browser. Install uBlock Origin, instead of AdBlock, AdBlock is trash (any version of it), trust me.

No need to be an ass about it.  I'm not talking shit about your PC, am I?  And no, Firefox sucks on Android.  If it was more similar to the desktop version, sure whatever, but it's not.  I'll just stick with my default browser and open the image in a new tab instead.

Cattpride

Cattpride

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Because imgur is a piece of shit. So is photobucket.

Honestly, why do people still use this filth?

Photobucket and Imageshack are complete shit, but those are mostly used by people who are very new to the internet and don't know any better. There is literally no other excuse for it.

Imgur however is a pretty good image host, at least on the technical part. What ruins it is the leadership, and especially the community. Sometimes when I'm bored I just browse images on Imgur using the sidebar and read the comments, and the people use that site are reprehensible for the most part, and not just because of the 9gag level meme-ery.

No need to be an ass about it.  I'm not talking shit about your PC, am I?  And no, Firefox sucks on Android.  If it was more similar to the desktop version, sure whatever, but it's not.  I'll just stick with my default browser and open the image in a new tab instead.

Did you try Iron? It's like Chrome minus the obsessive Google tracking. https://www.srware.net/en/software.php

Why don't people on LL though just upload images to LL? The Lab has perfectly good servers, and no one here is going to arbitrarily block your content because they disagree with it.   :cool:

Doctor Cadaver

Doctor Cadaver

The doctor is in!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

I can try that browser.  Just hope it's not as clumsy as Chrome or Firefox for Android.

EDIT:  Unfortunately, it is.  It won't let me sync my bookmarks from Google Chrome.  Oh well, uninstalling.

Benmc20

Benmc20

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

You confirm what I've said just before you ;).

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,141 posts

I have never had a problem with adblocker I also use ghostery and stands.

Benmc20

Benmc20

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

I can try that browser.  Just hope it's not as clumsy as Chrome or Firefox for Android.

EDIT:  Unfortunately, it is.  It won't let me sync my bookmarks from Google Chrome.  Oh well, uninstalling.

Wich mobile devices do you use ?

Personnally, I have those ones : a Sony Xperia Z3 (smartphone) and a Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (no need to explain :P) and Firefox runs smoothly on those ones. Back from my old Nokia N900 the old Firefox was really usable too.