Hi,

I started a fresh new game by using An Alternative Life from Level 1 with the Skyrim Legendary Edition's default files.

I had neither mods, nor add-ons.

I did cleaning on the master files by using TES5Edit, and added unofficial patches.

The game made grapgic settings to Ultra by default.

And my problem:

In the game, when my PC runs, the game freezes for a while, then it continues to play.

In the Internet, I couldn't find a solution for it. There is only settings for Catalyst Software that is old version of AMD.

I tried to use BethINI too. It didn't work.

I couldn't figure out if the problem is about my graphic card's settings, or .ini files' settings.

My Skyrim is in the C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ folder.

I did some modifications on my .ini files.

ini files.7z

I use Radeon Software 16.12.1

My Computer Hardware:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
    AMD FX-8300    11 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    MSI 970A-G43 (MS-7693) (CPU 1)    35 °C
Graphics
    LG IPS FULLHD (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (MSI)    40 °C
Storage
    C: 238GB TS256GSSD370S ATA Device (SSD)    25 °C
    D: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 ATA Device (SATA)    26 °C

If you can help me anyway, I'll appreciate.

In the past i had this when something was being introduced to the cell.like bandit spawns or animals.If you think it's your graphics then don't play on ultra go down a few levels and see if it stays the same.these spawns don't need to be mods but normal game spawns.You know the old run down like making sure you drivers are up to date and so on.another thing it could be is textures on ultra setting.apart from all that, not got a clue but i hope it helps and you get it sorted.

In the past i had this when something was being introduced to the cell.like bandit spawns or animals.If you think it's your graphics then don't play on ultra go down a few levels and see if it stays the same.these spawns don't need to be mods but normal game spawns.You know the old run down like making sure you drivers are up to date and so on.another thing it could be is textures on ultra setting.apart from all that, not got a clue but i hope it helps and you get it sorted.

Thank you for your response.

I tried to play in the lower graphic settings from Low to High. It seemed much better.

But, in my case, I have a good graphic card and a computer that has hardware powerful enough for Skyrim.

I'm curious what is the problem? Why is occurring?

I would like to learn the causes of problems, and their solutions?

My driver's software is updated.

Right so, The problem can be anything from content being loaded to shadows caused by fire.  Your machine could be super badass bombastic amazing sauce but it is still stuck with the limitations of skyrim and how it utilizes software. You could need to update directx ...or add a runtime package,  It could be how the drivers are handling the rendering. 

The first thing I would do .. is look at the step guide. They have a guide for AMD that is based on the new software. complete with a visual gif that goes through the process.  The link is the top one of my sig .. section 1.e. The new software gets a line with a small link saying "this page" lol so I decided to save you the trouble and provide the link here for the latest AMD software guide

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Radeon_Settings

Ultimately you can add ENBoost to see if it helps... if you plan to play just NORMAL skyrim with no mods the boost can help but shouldn't be necessary. 

I will be honest though... I don't think it is a graphical issue unless it is relating to shadows loading. It seems its more a fetching problem.  I apologize for not having the time to look over your ini tweaks to see if you did something there to cause the problem .. which is possible. If your game is vanilla with no mods you could simply remove the inis ( store em somewhere to add back ) and see if that helps. ( the game will generate vanilla ini's ... or should when you launch it by game launcher) if it doesn't just verify with steam and it will give em to you ). if it does then you know its an ini tweak that caused the problem.  Unless it was there before you tweaked it...

Right so, The problem can be anything from content being loaded to shadows caused by fire.  Your machine could be super badass bombastic amazing sauce but it is still stuck with the limitations of skyrim and how it utilizes software. You could need to update directx ...or add a runtime package,  It could be how the drivers are handling the rendering. 

The first thing I would do .. is look at the step guide. They have a guide for AMD that is based on the new software. complete with a visual gif that goes through the process.  The link is the top one of my sig .. section 1.e. The new software gets a line with a small link saying "this page" lol so I decided to save you the trouble and provide the link here for the latest AMD software guide

Ultimately you can add ENBoost to see if it helps... if you plan to play just NORMAL skyrim with no mods the boost can help but shouldn't be necessary. 

I will be honest though... I don't think it is a graphical issue unless it is relating to shadows loading. It seems its more a fetching problem.  I apologize for not having the time to look over your ini tweaks to see if you did something there to cause the problem .. which is possible. If your game is vanilla with no mods you could simply remove the inis ( store em somewhere to add back ) and see if that helps. ( the game will generate vanilla ini's ... or should when you launch it by game launcher) if it doesn't just verify with steam and it will give em to you ). if it does then you know its an ini tweak that caused the problem.  Unless it was there before you tweaked it...

I just did the Radeon Settings from the link that you sent.

I made the changes, but I haven't checked the results in the game yet.

Thank You...

I checked in the game.

I tested all graphic settings levels. I have freezing even in the Low settings.

I noticed something. Shadows appear in front of my PC when it runs forward.

Another issue about Radeon Settings in STEP website.

Some settings are not included in my Radeon Software.

Select the "Skyrim" profile that appears and change all settings to match the following:

Anti-Aliasing
  • Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use application settings
  • Anti-Aliasing Samples: Use application settings   <=== It's not in the List.
  • Filter: Standard                                <=== It's not in the List.
  • Anti-Aliasing Method: Supersampling (NOTE: Set to Multisampling if FPS drop is a problem or if using ENB)
  • Morphological Filtering: Off
Texture Filtering
  • Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Override application settings (NOTE: SEE SECOND NOTICE ABOVE)
  • Anisotropic Filtering Level: 16x
  • Texture Filtering Quality: High quality
  • Surface Format Optimization: On
Frame Rate Control
  • Wait for Vertical Refresh: Off, unless application specifies (NOTE: ENBoost should control vsync; also ensure iPresentInterval is not set to 0 in Skyrim.ini.)
  • OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off (NOTE: This is not compatible with D3D games.)
Tessellation
  • Tessellation Mode: AMD optimized
  • Maximum Tessellation Level: AMD optimized   <=== It's not in the List.

My Radeon Settings:

post-779020-0-69201800-1482550652_thumb.jpg

I tried ENBBoost too.

Nope... It didn't work...

Right so all the settings won't be there.. some of that is a copy paste from the old software and also, they maybe features of newer cards and thus not available to you. Follow the Gif for the most part and you will be fine. 

If you have an unmodded, with no ini tweaks and you are still getting issues ...it might be what your running in the background and less the game. Just tossing that out there.

honestly, at this point anything can still be a possibility. *Scratches head* I will keep thinking on this ...

Right so all the settings won't be there.. some of that is a copy paste from the old software and also, they maybe features of newer cards and thus not available to you. Follow the Gif for the most part and you will be fine. 

If you have an unmodded, with no ini tweaks and you are still getting issues ...it might be what your running in the background and less the game. Just tossing that out there.

honestly, at this point anything can still be a possibility. *Scratches head* I will keep thinking on this ...

I'm installing Skyrim SE now. I'm gonna check if the same problem shall occur.

But, in my case, I have a good graphic card and a computer that has hardware powerful enough for Skyrim.

if your harddrive is a fragmented hdd it will take much more time for the game to load files in the ram than if you were using an ssd

files in doubles make that loading much longer for nothing

unoptimised textures also make it much longer for nothing (maybe f15 pilots can see the difference without zooming, not me)

something else that can get the game busy are fail scripts

my fps drop to 10 when i bought marketplace house in enderal, alt f4 to reload the game in the bank to re buy the house was a ctd (for some reason had to leave bank and re enter to re have my fps drop to 10 after picking house name)

you can also make the game go crazy with small things

in a dungeon near dlc1 castle, my fps drop to 10-15 fps

after some running around in camera mod, saw some bottles that weren't occlude (if fps don't come back by turning around to look somewhere else, problem is something you always render)

it's not the same mesh as vanilla skyrim, and that one is a little bigger, those bottles don't fit the furniture they were put into and the collision stuff forbid them from flying around to take care of the problem)

drinking them put back the fps to 59 (it's not allowed to go highter than that)

if your harddrive is a fragmented hdd it will take much more time for the game to load files in the ram than if you were using an ssd

files in doubles make that loading much longer for nothing

unoptimised textures also make it much longer for nothing (maybe f15 pilots can see the difference without zooming, not me)

something else that can get the game busy are fail scripts

my fps drop to 10 when i bought marketplace house in enderal, alt f4 to reload the game in the bank to re buy the house was a ctd (for some reason had to leave bank and re enter to re have my fps drop to 10 after picking house name)

you can also make the game go crazy with small things

in a dungeon near dlc1 castle, my fps drop to 10-15 fps

after some running around in camera mod, saw some bottles that weren't occlude (if fps don't come back by turning around to look somewhere else, problem is something you always render)

it's not the same mesh as vanilla skyrim, and that one is a little bigger, those bottles don't fit the furniture they were put into and the collision stuff forbid them from flying around to take care of the problem)

drinking them put back the fps to 59 (it's not allowed to go highter than that)

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I'm really inexperienced about video-games' controls and how to handle the problems.

When you talk about technical words related computers and/or Skyrim, it's like having a combat against one hundred legendary dragons at level 1.

:)

Maybe, the problem is really simple thing that I should do in my computer. I don't know.

There are lots of things to look at.

Cheers...

Things to keep in mind when running SSE. It requires more out of your machine... I can run skyrim on ultra with hundreds of mods but the launcher of SSE believes I am a low quality candidate.. ( I checked the game specs and at worse case I am a high quality ) but I know where they are coming from. They added a lot of heavy stuff with the lighting and such.

Now I bring this up because if you can play that smooth then there is something else other than your machine ( hardware wise) that is causing your problem.

Things to keep in mind when running SSE. It requires more out of your machine... I can run skyrim on ultra with hundreds of mods but the launcher of SSE believes I am a low quality candidate.. ( I checked the game specs and at worse case I am a high quality ) but I know where they are coming from. They added a lot of heavy stuff with the lighting and such.

Now I bring this up because if you can play that smooth then there is something else other than your machine ( hardware wise) that is causing your problem.

I have another PC that has a NVidia graphic card, which is lower quality.

C driver is SSD.

In that PC, I have Skyrim also, and the game works fine.

I'm and/or we're gonna find the problem...

:D

I will try and help... It is just baffling me a bit because you said it doesn't really have mods or anything so you should be playing fine. I agree that a fragmented drive could cause problems but ... not sure if this is one of em

I guess you could defrag your drives and see if it helps ( never defrag an SSD ... Well  I guess you could but in the days of old it would bork the SSD so do so at your own risk )

Are you running the bare essentials in the background when you are playing skyrim? 

I will try and help... It is just baffling me a bit because you said it doesn't really have mods or anything so you should be playing fine. I agree that a fragmented drive could cause problems but ... not sure if this is one of em

I guess you could defrag your drives and see if it helps ( never defrag an SSD ... Well  I guess you could but in the days of old it would bork the SSD so do so at your own risk )

Are you running the bare essentials in the background when you are playing skyrim? 

I'm sending you my currently running processes.

I don't use Firefox when I play the game. But, uTorrent and eMule are active.

De-fragmenting SSD HD can cause permanent damage on it. I can do defragmentation  on my SATA D drive. Actually, I don't use it for the game. Nevertheless, I'll try that via using UltraDefrag.

post-779020-0-34325400-1482592851_thumb.jpg

Well, there have been talk that newer SSD is handled differently in windows when you Defrag them.. I still wouldn't do it but it is something to keep in mind when people tell you that you should never defrag...

I would turn off torrent software, including eMule and see if that improves anything.

Well, there have been talk that newer SSD is handled differently in windows when you Defrag them.. I still wouldn't do it but it is something to keep in mind when people tell you that you should never defrag...

I would turn off torrent software, including eMule and see if that improves anything.

I de-fragmented the D Drive SATA HD. The fragmentation became from 0.10% to 0.00%.

I tried to play without eMule/uTorrent. I started a new game. I still figure out some freezing.

I can't distinguish the milliseconds graphic changes like the experts.

Can FNIS related animations cause problems? Like XP32's New Animation Pack, or Momo, Victoria's, SexLab related Animations?

Or, using 7Base without installing its mod? I use Demonized UNP and Fair Skin.

Maybe, there are all unrelated. I do not know...

I installed Special Edition. I added few mods from Nexus.

I'm gonna test it...

See yaaa..

I thought that it's important...

I checked the game with Skyrim Special Edition that I just installed.

I DON'T HAVE FREEZING !!!

I'm sending you my load order.

0  0 Skyrim.esm

1  1 Update.esm

2  2 Dawnguard.esm

3  3 HearthFires.esm

4  4 Dragonborn.esm

5  5 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

6  6 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

7  7 UndergroundBathhouse.esm

8  8 ApachiiHair.esm

9  9 ApachiiHairFemales.esm

10  a SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

11  b dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

12  c FNIS.esp

13  d FNISspells.esp

14  e XPMSE.esp

15  f SGEyebrows.esp

16 10 IcePenguinWorldMap.esp

17 11 NoNakedComments.esp

18 12 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

19 13 Skyrim Better Roads - The Rift.esp

20 14 Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp

21 15 ub_npc_rework.esp

22 16 ub_cell_bedroom.esp

23 17 ub_cell_dislayroom.esp

24 18 ub_cell_darkarea.esp

25 19 ub_cell_cavern.esp

26 1a ub_cell_maintenance_room.esp

27 1b ub_cell_kitchen.esp

28 1c ub_cell_teleportroom.esp

29 1d ub_cell_armory.esp

30 1e ub_tapestry.esp

31 1f ub_invite_any_npc.esp

32 20 TrueBrows.esp

33 21 True Eyes SE.esp

34 22 AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

35 23 RealisticWaterTwo.esp

36 24 RealisticWaterTwo - Watercolor.esp

37 25 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Special Edition Load Order.txt

I just installed all the mods simultaneously. Then, I ran FNIS and LOOT. That's it.

What about that?

Shock, shock, shock !!! (In my country, in the paparazzi shows, if there is a something like a shocking news, they announce it like that...)

I used Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Then, I start a new game in the Skyrim Legendary Edition. There was no freezing.

The difference than before was I didn't use a Race Menu preset (.json file). I just used a vanilla setting. I change my PC from male to female.

So, my question is: Can ShowRaceMenu or RaceMenu or ECE settings cause this kind of problems?

If it does, why? Because of the installation order and/or the load order?

PS: uTorrent and eMule were running when I was playing...

And, my graphic settings are Ultra...

Improper installation of racemenu and Jcontainers can cause problems though I have never heard of it causing this problem. As a rule though don't install Racemenu AND ECE .. they aren't compatible.

You verified integrity of game cache... means you ended up replacing the inis with skyrim's default. You use MO or NMM and that might not be the case because they actually seperate INIs ( profile based ). 

Improper installation of racemenu and Jcontainers can cause problems though I have never heard of it causing this problem. As a rule though don't install Racemenu AND ECE .. they aren't compatible.

You verified integrity of game cache... means you ended up replacing the inis with skyrim's default. You use MO or NMM and that might not be the case because they actually seperate INIs ( profile based ). 

I installed JContainers. A mod needs it. I prefer to use RaceMenu. I need it from time to time.

I noticed something else. If I installed more animation packs, loading screens duration is getting longer, and the game is getting slower.

I think that I know a little bit how to use FNIS and rebuild the animations in the SexLab, however I'm not sure if I follow the right procedure in the MCM.

There are lots of things to learn...

Thank you..

Animations tend to add to string count.. You can reduce the sexlab string count per animation by using the patch in my sig but yea.. things do get longer / take more time when you add more animations.

It depends on what other animation packs you use.

Animation loader has specific instructions to install as well as NSAP.

The jist though is that, once you install an animation pack, run FNIS. While in game if you have not added an animation pack your good... if you have ZAZ you may need to rebuild the sex lab animations by either clicking re-register in sexlab or rebuild in ZAZ animation.  Usually though you don't have to do anything except maybe turn on creature animations if you want them as it is off be default in sexlab.

Animations tend to add to string count.. You can reduce the sexlab string count per animation by using the patch in my sig but yea.. things do get longer / take more time when you add more animations.

It depends on what other animation packs you use.

Animation loader has specific instructions to install as well as NSAP.

The jist though is that, once you install an animation pack, run FNIS. While in game if you have not added an animation pack your good... if you have ZAZ you may need to rebuild the sex lab animations by either clicking re-register in sexlab or rebuild in ZAZ animation.  Usually though you don't have to do anything except maybe turn on creature animations if you want them as it is off be default in sexlab.

I think I installed few animations wrongly.

Few of them want to unzip and drop in the data folder. But, I used NMM for them.

An animation pack wants JContainers.3.2.6 from LoversLab, but I used JContainers version that was from Nexus.

I didn't understand something:

"While in game if you have not added an animation pack your good..."

So, when I have to add those animations? In the beginning of a new game?

Should I install of the animations that I would like to use just the beginning of a new game?

If it should be like that, I've done something wrong again... :)

As I understood after you told me:

Install FNIS.

Install first the Animations correctly as ordered.

Install SexLab, etc...

Run FNIS.

Start a new game.

Wait until the game figure them out...

Rebuild and/or Register animations in SexLab.

Save Game...

Do not add animations during the game progress.

Lots of animations mean slower game.

I don't know what does "string count" mean? But, I assume "lots of string counts" are not good.

I don't know if I understood correctly 'til now. I hope I did most of them...

This Topic can be helpful for other people who have similar problem.

Thank you...

You can add animations during a game play through but you must always run Fnis when installing ANY mod that might have animations.. Always... No exceptions.

As long as Jcontainers is up to date the other mods will behave. IF the one from nexus is newer then go with that, otherwise go with the loverslab one. They are the same thing but I think it was updated more on LL at one point then it was on Nexus...

if you use NMM or MO then no animation should ever be put directly in to your game directory. They both use a kind of virtual setup that will leave your game directly relatively clean. The only things that should be in there is, I believe SKSE and ENB stuff... and Crash Fixes if you use it. 

String counts.. in simple terms is a call back a script leaves behind so that the game remembers to call for that specific script when something triggers.

the more strings the less stable the game can get and when they hit around 63k strings you may find it impossible to load your saves. Lowering the string counts can make the game more stable BUUUT there is only one program that can do that ...and it is required to be a bit of an expert so  I won't link to it here.  The patch below involving sexlab 1.62 can reduce string counts by as much as 6,000 as it reduces the amount of strings sexlab saves per animation. ( the more animations you have the higher the string count as well )

Archived