Questions about creating mods and Using Mod Organizer

CarmelPop12

So I have a question about modding and using mod organizer as the title suggests.

If i want to create a standalone follower with standalone armor and hair/ textures how would I do this if all my mods are in mod organizer.

Mod the mods I want to use are replacers for vanilla textures. Would starting skyrim up in ck hurt my game in mo? 

What am I looking at when dealing with this kind of thing? I am very new to using mod organizer. I just barely got my skyrim the way I want to play it in game but a friend needs help with a mod so I offered.

I know how to create follower/companions in ck too but my problem is I have no clue on how to port over armor/weapon replacers to make them standalone or required installs. I've never done that before. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello.

First point, you can start CK from MO. (I do modding this way.)

So this will not create problems on your main Data folder.

Creating new scripts in this way is a little bit problematic, but possible.

About moving items from one mod to your mod, it is possible (just respect the original author willing, if the items are not redistributable, then you cannot redistribute you mod. But you are allowed to do it for your own use in all cases.)

If you want an Armor, then put the other mod as reference of your mod (when opening it), then duplicate the armor (and the armor addons, probably), Change the meshes to a copy of the original meshes put in a folder unique to your mod.

When you are done, be sure your mod is not using ANY of any mod object (Skyrim and Update are fine, and so are the default DLCs.)

Then remove the dependency to the mod using TES5Edit.

Ask if you need more help.

Hello.

About moving items from one mod to your mod, it is possible (just respect the original author willing, if the items are not redistributable, then you cannot redistribute you mod. But you are allowed to do it for your own use in all cases.)

If you want an Armor, then put the other mod as reference of your mod (when opening it), then duplicate the armor (and the armor addons, probably), Change the meshes to a copy of the original meshes put in a folder unique to your mod.

When you are done, be sure your mod is not using ANY of any mod object (Skyrim and Update are fine, and so are the default DLCs.)

Are there any good tutorials on tes5edit with removing dependencies and such?

Hello.

It is pretty simple if you aren't using any assets from other mods.

Open the mod you want the dependencies removed from with tes5edit, let it load, then right click on the mod name and select "Clean masters". This way all the dependencies that are not needed will be removed.

You can check this by clicking the + icon next to the mod name and clicking on the "File Header" line. This will show all the dependencies that are still present.

While you are at it, you should do a "sort masters" as well.

Hope this helps.

Hello.

It is pretty simple if you aren't using any assets from other mods.

Open the mod you want the dependencies removed from with tes5edit, let it load, then right click on the mod name and select "Clean masters". This way all the dependencies that are not needed will be removed.

You can check this by clicking the + icon next to the mod name and clicking on the "File Header" line. This will show all the dependencies that are still present.

While you are at it, you should do a "sort masters" as well.

Hope this helps.

Keeping things standalone means removing dependencies right or am I miss understanding. I'll check back in a couple days. Sorry. My family is coming over. Merry Christmas!

Okay a more specific question is how do I add to my mod required files like eye's hair armor and weapons. I used tes5edit to make the masters to the file but when I load it in ck after I start working with stuff the master requirements disappear. Forcing me to go back and reset the add masters in tes5edit. I essentailly want to add prerequisites to my standalone follower. I add everything in ck and save it but it doesn't show up in game and disappears as well in ck. using mod organizer.

Archived