The Book of Sex

View File

Update 22 Nov 19: All my mods for Skyrim, Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are up for adoptions. All their source code is included in the download packages and can be used in whatever way any other modders see fit - no need to ask me for permission. I have retired from Bethesda games' modding to focus on my own indie game project LifePlay (check it out here, it's an life simulation RPG on Unreal Engine. It's also moddable and open-source, and completely free.).

-----------------------------------------------------

Remember that vanilla quest "The Book of Love" where you need to travel to a bunch of locations across the map and do nothing but talk to NPCs. This mod expands on this quest by adding more than 1.5 hour of sexual content, which is kept lore-friendly and can be enjoyed by both female and male PCs alike. It not only adds sex scenes but also many plot twists and a bit of humor which will sure keep you entertained.

I deliberately uploaded few screenshots to not spoil the surprises. :P

To start the quest, talk to Dinya Balu when she's inside the Temple of Mara in Riften - just like how you would normally start the vanilla quest.

Requirements:
SexLab Framework
Fuz Ro Doh

Recommended:
SexLab Privacy Normal Version - the scenes will make a lot more sense with it - remember to set "NPC use beds" in SexLab MCM to "Always"
SLAL Animation by Leito - for the additional threesome animations

Troubleshooting: You should be able to play through the entire quest without problems, but if you get stuck at one point (most likely due to a mod conflict somewhere), use console command "setstage t02 stagenumber" to advance to the next stafe. The stage numbers are below, obvious spoilers:

10 - Talk to Fastred
20 - Talk to Fastred's parents
25 - Get Boti to di
26 - Talk to Bassianus again
27 - Say farewell to Bassianus
28 - Ask Fastred if she's now happy (Go punch Klimmek then sheath your fists if he is stuck on the bridge and wouldn't run to Fastred)
29 - Ask Fastred about her final decision
30 - Return to Dinya Balu
40 - Talk to Calcelmo
44 - Try telling Faleen about Calcelmo's feelings yourself
45 - Talk to Yngvar when he's in the Treasury House
50 - Delive poem
55 - Deliver Faleen's letter
56 - Tell Calcelmo the truth
57 - Take Calcelmo to Senna the prietess of Dibella
58 - Take Calcelmo to the widow Lisbet
59 - Take Calcelmo to the alchemist Muiri
60 - Take Calcelmo to Hroki
70 - Return to Dinya Balu
75 - Put on the Amulet of Mara
80 - Talk to the long-dead lover
90 - Find Fenrig
95 - Bring Fenrig to Ruki
96 - Talk to Fenrig
100 - Return to Dinya Balu

Credits: Edhildil for Sexy Mara Statue

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/22/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, Fuz Ro D-oh
  • Special Edition Compatible

Edited by CPU

I've just played through this and I have a few questions... some are nit picky, but I enjoyed this mod.

Spoiler Warning!

1. Are the ghosts supposed to drop from the sky and then have sex?

2. Why don't they vanish after or are they not supposed to?

3. Would you make sex optional instead of forced? I can easily edit the quest, but the only part I would get stuck at is during the Temple of Dibella scene with Senna. The problem is I can't edit sexlab scripts, so I'm wondering if it was possible to just have Calcemo have sex with her instead.

4. Can I have permission to add voice over dialogue once I get to this quest in my playthrough?.

I've just played through this and I have a few questions... some are nit picky, but I enjoyed this mod.

Spoiler Warning!

1. Are the ghosts supposed to drop from the sky and then have sex?

2. Why don't they vanish after or are they not supposed to?

3. Would you make sex optional instead of forced? I can easily edit the quest, but the only part I would get stuck at is during the Temple of Dibella scene with Senna. The problem is I can't edit sexlab scripts, so I'm wondering if it was possible to just have Calcemo have sex with her instead.

4. Can I have permission to add voice over dialogue once I get to this quest in my playthrough?.

1. No. I thought it's more fun in the sky that way. Use number 3 if you want to watch the action closely.

2. I keep them around for now because I might add some new content with them in later updates

3. In later updates, I can make all sex involving the player optional

4. Sure. That would be great actually.

I'm getting stuck at "Say goodbye to Bassianus". I speak with him, trigger the scene, then quest doesn't advance, marker stays on him, but I no longer have any speech options to advance the quest.

That's weird. Try talking to Fastred or load an earlier save.

Or type in the console: setstage t02 28

Does this alter the vanilla Mara quests?

The Sisterhood of Dibella mod also integrates the Mara quests, will this mod conflict with that?

Yes, it adds stages inbetween the original stages of  the vanilla Mara  quest. The original stages are kept  the same though, and you'll still get the same reward at the end (Agent of Mara)

It should work with Sisterhood of Dibella as SOD only integrates the Mara quest not add any stages to it , although I haven't tested it personally.

I'm getting stuck at "Say goodbye to Bassianus". I speak with him, trigger the scene, then quest doesn't advance, marker stays on him, but I no longer have any speech options to advance the quest.

That's weird. Try talking to Fastred or load an earlier save.

Or type in the console: setstage t02 28

Loading earlier saves didn't work and fastred didn't have anything to say.

Using the console unlocked it and the rest (at least up to the end of Markarth) is working fine for me.

Thanks for this great mod!

The Sisterhood of Dibella mod also integrates the Mara quests, will this mod conflict with that?

Yes, it adds stages inbetween the original stages of  the vanilla Mara  quest. The original stages are kept  the same though, and you'll still get the same reward at the end (Agent of Mara)

It should work with Sisterhood of Dibella as SOD only integrates the Mara quest not add any stages to it , although I haven't tested it personally.

Okay thanks. I'll give it a go then.

Do you plan to add to this mod or do something similar to other vanilla mini-quests? Definite gap in the market there IMO.

Yeah there is a bit of a gap in the market for just some good ol' sex fun tied in with normal quests. I'd like to suggest A night to remember as another good one to add a sprinkle of that too if you ever decide to do another sprucing up of a vanilla quest.

Okay thanks. I'll give it a go then.

Do you plan to add to this mod or do something similar to other vanilla mini-quests? Definite gap in the market there IMO.

Yes that's the plan. Haelga's quest "Caught Red Handed" is another obvious one. So is the Riverwood love triangle. 

Finished the mod. Enjoyable little diversion that went without any problems. Ran without causing any problems with Sisterhoood of Dibella. Thanks.

One minor gripe/glitch: Getting the 'Completed: Talk to Person A' new task 'Talk to Person B' when you are still talking to Person A.

Looking forward to the next one (and the one after that and the one after that...).

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

The concept sounds interesting, but also like something that you would expect to see come from the temple of Dibella in Markarth. I've been wanting to see some kind of simple sex mod to flesh out the "can you teach me" bit, after completing the quest to find the sybil of Dibella. I realize that there are a couple of mods that already do something with the temple of Dibella, but they feel out of place somehow and are more extensive than what I'm looking for.

But I digress from the main topic.

Yeah there is a bit of a gap in the market for just some good ol' sex fun tied in with normal quests. I'd like to suggest A night to remember as another good one to add a sprinkle of that too if you ever decide to do another sprucing up of a vanilla quest.

Sounds like an addon for Solutions. please be Aware not to double quests.

Somehow just found this mod, but I would suggest checking Solutions for A Night to Remember and the Riverwood love triangle.  Amorous Adventures also deals with the triangle but someone with that mod probably wouldn't use this one.

Camilla does seem to be a popular gal though.

45 - Does he need to be in that location? Could we just talk to him in his normal daytime place? I didn't see anything new with him.

58 - Either I missed a line or nothing says why this step "doesn't work".

59 - "New Guy" has a grey face. Might be a load order or you might not have something packed in the mod. Also missed what to do with my "payment"... and why we go to the last person.

60 / 70 follower never was released, had to do it myself.  I use AFT, any issues?

45 - Does he need to be in that location? Could we just talk to him in his normal daytime place? I didn't see anything new with him.

59 - "New Guy" has a grey face. Might be a load order or you might not have something packed in the mod. Also missed what to do with my "payment"... and why we go to the last person.

60 / 70 follower never was released, had to do it myself.  I use AFT, any issues?

45 - He goes to the treasury in the evening I think. IIRC he came in and beamed straight to the back room on the RH side.

58 - Maybe you did miss the line, it does work.

59 - Can't remember this one.

60/70 - Not sure which folllower you mean.

45 - He goes to the treasury in the evening I think. IIRC he came in and beamed straight to the back room on the RH side.

58 - Maybe you did miss the line, it does work.

59 - Can't remember this one.

60/70 - Not sure which folllower you mean.

I did find him there, just had to wait 8 hours or so for night to fall. Since I did not see any new content with him I wondered why we had to go there. The extra step a couple stages back made sense, with 2 new scenes added.

58 worked, but yes I missed the line, which is easy to do with unvoiced dialog that is just captioned and not something that either comes up as PC to NPC dialog or inserted in the journal. So I missed some story :(

The follower is the guy you're trying to help.  I am probably being needlessly vague as people should know who if they have done the unmodded quest before.