View File

I play with Bullet Time instead of V.A.T.S. and find it irritating to have no use for perks aimed for it.

There already is a mod out to allow criticals outside of V.A.T.S. and I suggest using it with my additions:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12653/? by NotSure700

This is not yet a finished overhaul of all the V.A.T.S. related perks, but since I don't know how soon I will have them all done I will submit each perk individually. I've now merged all perks into one ESP, but if there is request for it I can also make specific perk changes into single esps.

Perks I've touched up so far:

• Sniper Rank 3: Changed 25% head shot chance in V.A.T.S. to 20% more sneak damage with non-automatic, non-heavy gun, scoped rifles. I don't know how game breaking this is, since I play with 5x damage multiplier for all actors, most of my shots one shot enemies anyway without this perk. However it does give me a bit more dmg against larger or bulkier enemies, which makes sense to me, since if I got the sneak attack on them it will ideally be a shot to a vital body part.
  • Awareness: Small chance of paralyzing small to medium enemies with any weapon. This excludes Deathclaws, Behemoths, Mirelurk Kings & Queens.
  • Concentrated Fire: Adding stagger chances to guns and rifles. Excludes any energy or plasma weapons and explosives.
  • Blitz: Chance to stagger enemies with meele weapons based on weapon type and enemy size. Better chances with Rank 2.

Perks I still need to touch up:

• Grim Reaper: I hope to be able to change it to any kill having the chance to fill up the AP bar.
  • V.A.N.S.: Originally I had changed this to 2x scrapping yields, but while I find that a good perk to add, it doesn't go with the icon. However, I might tweak it to 50% more yields from scrapping and re-use the icon from another perk.
  • Penetrator: Not sure yet, maybe armor piercing.
  • Gun-Fu: Not sure at this moment.
  • Attack Dog: Simple remove the V.A.T.S. reference in the description. I haven't played around with it too much, but I believe he does it either way.
  • Quick Hands Rank 2: Either even faster reloading or AP refresh on reload.
  • Mysterious Stranger: I doubt I will be able to spawn the mysterious stranger outside of V.A.T.S. so might change it to companion or utility type perk.
  • Critical Banker: Since the crits outside v.a.t.s. mod uses luck to determine criticals instead of a build up I don't know how to change this mod while keeping it's original purpose. I might just put flat luck values on it for more critical chances.
  • KillShot: Same as Sniper. Might be changed to headshot damage multiplier.

Please keep in mind that I am making this mod for myself based on my gameplay experience with Fallout 4, so it may be imbalanced for you. I play on Survival with a difficulty mod enabled that multiplies all damage by me and to me by 5. When shooting someone with a Sniper Rifle I expect it to kill them, unless they aren't human.

Suggestions always welcome.

I would try to keep the perks relevant to the stock icons. so that any icon replacers "fit" if they try to do the same.

But nice mod!

Yea, I am trying. I was thinking that staggering is a fundamental mechanic to have, so adding it as a 100% value with another mod seems good too. However, since I got a number of perks unused by me due to the lack of VATS I should change them so I can have viable, strategic options with those perks. When you play with 5x damage received it becomes pretty impossible to pla a meele character, unless you have staggers. So using awareness for flexible weapon/enemy based stagger chances and Blitz for flat stagger chance improvements seemed like a fun thing to do.

I don't know how this mod effects playthroughs where a ghoul does not one shot the player, or basically anything does. With enough armor at the mid point of my playthrough (I think) I could take two or three hits by a ghoul. Encountering 8 of them at a time made it pretty mandatory for me to use my bullet time, mainly because I cannot aim as effectively on a controller, with a mouse / keyboard set up I'd probably not use it as much or change it from 30% to 10% slowing of time.

Truth be told: Originally I wanted to link awareness with Bullet time and then use Gun-Fu to improve the AP drain and slow time from 10% to 30% andfrom 30 ap drain to 10. Buuut, not sure how I'd achieve that. I suppose the original creator of Bullet Time could do it. There is a configuration item that lets you change these values, so hooking that to the Perks would be kind of cool.

Well, I might look into that possibility, but then again not everyone likes playing with bullet time. I like it, but I probably also wouldn't if it wasn't for how hard it is to kill a big number of ghouls that 1-2 shot you fast enough with my controller aim. Part of the reason why I want to try a meele build, but for that I definitely need some perks to help me with staggering / resisting staggers. 

Mainly I am making this mod for myself and my personal needs, but perhaps there are folks out there who'd also like a change in perks for a V.A.T.S. free playthrough.

Anyway, thanks for the comment :D

Right, I just realized through testing that I will in fact not be able to take the lazy route with Gun-Fu and Blitz in terms of adding stagger. They don't stack. So I'm trying to find an elegant way to solve it. Right now I'm thinking of a few ways, not sure which one I will do in the end. Might also be a while before I actually come to a conclusion, I'm in no rush, as I'm mainly developing this mod for myself and my future playthrough. Which I'll start sometime, not so soon I think.