how good is my Skyrim going to look with an i7 6700k and Evga 1080 Ftw from a scale 1-10?

how good is my Skyrim going to look with an i7 6700k and Evga 1080 Ftw from a scale 1-10?

im seriously curious given since I joined a year & 1/2 ago ive been playing on a hp notebook14

that has a crappy AMD cpu of 1.5ghz with 4cores- will my eyeballs (and balls) explode with 

awesomeness? :D

You can still tank your FPS if you try. By this I mean download every high rez texture you can find, even little things like forks, shovels, mammoth bones, etc, slap on a ENB, etc. Oh and also magic effects like higher rez fire and lightning and transparent ice with glass transparency, etc then add a civil war mod that adds a ton of NPCs throwing all that around with 1K quivers and high rez weapons/armor plus 4K+ body mods, expect to see single digit FPS. 

Dude I have a 4820k at 4.7 and Titan X (Maxwell) SLI at 1550. Running at 1440p Ultra with Koutervibe Northern Lights (Quality) as ENB. My FPS indoors was 91-110 without caps. Lowest fps was 27 in Riverwood. Might be due to mods, waterfalls etc IDK. Average FPS is 66-71.

When on NV 3D Vision FPS is around 30-55 FPS

It would be nice if we had the special editions 64bit engine in the old skyrim though.

And depending on how you mod your game. Yes you will spontaneously combust.

im seriously curious given since I joined a year & 1/2 ago ive been playing on a hp notebook14

that has a crappy AMD cpu of 1.5ghz with 4cores- will my eyeballs (and balls) explode with 

If you really want to tank your FPS hard, try the Skyrim Floral Overhaul (complete, not lite) and an ENB. Even the lightest ENB will tank my FPS to 36-41 and I have an i7-4820K at 3.7Ghz stock and a GTX 750 2GB.

If you really want to tank your FPS hard, try the Skyrim Floral Overhaul (complete, not lite) and an ENB. Even the lightest ENB will tank my FPS to 36-41 and I have an i7-4820K at 3.7Ghz stock and a GTX 750 2GB.

I dont have an 1080 (msi rx480 8gb) but lol i can vouch for floral overhaul...added all these hd texture packs, 4k body, enb etc, everything was going fine...then i added the flora overhaul with lush grasses mod...went from 60fps to 18 :lol:, but after a few tweaks with the grasses, got it back to 50-60 fps.

Havent tried paralax yet though :P

I can say with certainty that your eyes will explode with awesome. I upped from a 550TI to a 980TI and I can run things in 4k and up. I used to crash all the time because I had too high resolution textures with my old video card. Not anymore. I can play for hours. I still have an old shitty i5 2500k processor so, I could stand an upgrade there.

• 3 weeks later...

My game was running 'just okay' until I added another 8 Gb of RAM. Then it took off. My vid card already had 4 Gb of VRAM on it. Do yourself a favor and don't load everything you want up at once, and also don't be afraid to take stuff out. I play in 1080p, and I have a limiter set at 56 FPS. I was having stuff bounce all over the place and setting it up that way stopped it dead. As far as texture stuff goes, I've learned that being highly selective helps keep the gremlins where they belong. Someone told me once that using 4K textures can be a waste at lower resolutions, especially if your monitor doesn't work beyond 1080.

As long as you're reasonable with you mods you should be running a very smooth game at 60 fps ultra.

I made the same upgrade this previous weekend. Bought myself an i5-6600k and a GTX 1070. Very nice gameplay now.

Also, Riverwood is a horrible place to test fps especially with mods. I always tank in my fps like 15-20 fps when I look at Riverwood directly.

And like the poster above me said, I'd cap fps at 55-56 due to how skyrim works with FPS and vsync.

It all depends of your mods set up, ENB and a screen size. I am running Skyrim on Titan X pascal and many times my FPS tanks below 20 FPS. Part of it is I play on 3440x1440 monitor which is equivalent of 2.5  1920x1080. Of course i use so many HD textures, 4-8k skins etc so it puts toll on the system. Thats why just ordered second Titan X Pascal to get ready for fully moded Fallout 4, hopefully soon

For me, the key was video memory.  I use a GTX 760 which only has 2 GB of memory.  So with just the vanilla game + ENB and no mods my FPS was 15-30 outside with frequent drops into single digits (inside it was a constant 60).  If I then loaded up my current setup with 2-4k textures for everything, multiple weather and lighting mods, and all graphics settings set for maximum quality my FPS didn't change at all.

The solution I found was DynDOLOD which allowed me to drastically scale down the texture size used for distant objects while ironically increasing the number and variety of objects actually visible in the distance.  My framerate outside shot up to 40-50 and remained at 60 inside.  The only graphic enhancement that still caused me any issues was grass.  Grass on Steroids is doable but any other grass mod tanks my system back down into single digits again.  I used 64 for texgen and 128 for DynDOLOD instead of the default 256/512.

I can say with certainty that your eyes will explode with awesome. I upped from a 550TI to a 980TI and I can run things in 4k and up. I used to crash all the time because I had too high resolution textures with my old video card. Not anymore. I can play for hours. I still have an old shitty i5 2500k processor so, I could stand an upgrade there.

an old shitty i5 2500 ?? have you tried overclocking it ?? you would be surpiced how much faster that cpu can still run. just keep tabs on your tempurture.

It just makes ENB run more smooth, does not affects in-game performance at all because HD textures and NPC overhauls eats a lot of memory. ELFX fps issues were also fixed in the interiors.

Game will still like to lag.

Just try to stay at 100-200 mods, optimal for me was 80-130 mods and game NEVER crashed for me with this amount of plugins.

Archived