The Rigid Penis During Sex Problem

Stevierage

As the title says, i'm wondering if this problem is still ongoing and people have just lived with it or is it working for them and if anyone can shed some light on this.

Before, the penis used to move back and forth during sex, but at some point it just stopped (sometimes it would work).

I don't know when it stopped, it could have been when an early version of Sexlab was updated, when the Skeleton was update from legacy to current, or even when HDT went from 10.24 to 14.28, or even SOS itself, I'm just guessing here.

With Sexlab v1.59c the movement 'sometimes' worked but after updating to v1.62, it has stopped.

Could it be something in Sexlab that causes this or does it lie else where?.

I've searched LL but all I could find about this was very early posts in the SOS thread about having Nude Suit enabled/disabled or something was interfering with Slot 52.

Someone did post (can't remember where), that it happens when collisions are applied, but that can't be it since it had worked (later sometimes worked) before when collisions are applied.

If that is the case then the penis shouldn't move at all even during the Flaccid state, as the xmls with the collisions are linked to the Genitals. 

Here is an example of the Riekling with the bones weighted and collision Xmls applied.

(the AuxBones SOSMale.hkx is not attached as that only deals with the bending of the penis, also CTD if it was attached).

I'm redoing my HDT Creature mod and was wondering if I'm wasting my time adding the the SOS bone weights (weight-painting from scratch not copy/pasting), and should just focus on adding the Floppy Balls.

Also if you use EFF you could do this but again, wondering if its a waste of time.

About the mod, it does not use the FloppySOS mod, just some of the 'constraint' settings in the Xml for the balls.

The data should be easy to add to other Xmls (like Bazinga's), it uses the L/R Scrotum bones, simple copy and paste, not sure if there is a need to rename some the penis bones in other Xmls.

The mod is gonna take awhile though, it is a slow process and i just realized i may need to go back and redo some as the meshes i used, as they were not the original meshes from MNC.

I use Horses Revamped for the HDT Tail, but reading the permissions of the author thats a no go, and i'm not sure about True Wolves/Dogs of Skyrim or other meshes.

Not only that, I've personalized some meshes and textures of some creatures to go with certain anims (will look bad with other anims), like I made the penis smaller/longer, or thinner, or used a completely different mesh altogether.

Hope someone can shed some light on the Rigid Penis and feedback if I should just weight-paint the balls and scrap the SOS weights.

Cheers.

Ps: I'll try to get a WIP up soon, but expect updates to range from one week to a month+ as RL comes first.

I remember that when I began modding xmls the NPC Genitals bones were usually set as motion type Motion_Sphere_Inertia in the xmls I took as an inspiration source.

The thing was that if I didn't set the constraints extremely narrow then especially the tip of the schlong did a lot of weird things it shouldn't do.

So at some point I pretty much gave up on that and set the whole penis as rigid (Motion_Keyframed).

Didn't even know that there was an issue with it. And honestly I don't remember it to lose that functionality. U sure about that?

Because it should work theoretically, since at least the VectorPlexus Regular schlong coming with SOS is weight painted properly.

I might take a look and see if I can get it to move less erratic now.

I remember that when I began modding xmls the NPC Genitals bones were usually set as motion type Motion_Sphere_Inertia in the xmls I took as an inspiration source.

The thing was that if I didn't set the constraints extremely narrow then especially the tip of the schlong did a lot of weird things it shouldn't do.

So at some point I pretty much gave up on that and set the whole penis as rigid (Motion_Keyframed).

Didn't even know that there was an issue with it. And honestly I don't remember it to lose that functionality. U sure about that?

Because it should work theoretically, since at least the VectorPlexus Regular schlong coming with SOS is weight painted properly.

I might take a look and see if I can get it to move less erratic now.

Yeah when i made my xmls i had the collisions applied to the NPC Genital 06 bone and yes it done weird things, so i changed the collisions to GenitalLag06 bone instead.

I'm wondering if the 'Keyframed' is the cause that's applied to the Lag bones as (I'm guessing) that's where the back and forth movement happens.

Does the motion work for you?, as i have used your xmls before and i still had the rigid penis on males, I'm wondering if I've changed something.

I'm gonna have to test more, just remove all collisions to see if works, so it may narrow it down to the xmls themselves.

I have a xml from 3 years ago i think was earliest hdtm.xml released and i remember that working fine then and the xmls of today pretty much have not changed much and have similar settings. 

Okay, I figured it out. Seems like I understand this stuff a lot better now than back when I deactivated the penis wobbling.

The problem comes from the GenitalsLag bones that are set to motion_keyframed.

If you set one link in the penis bone chain as rigid then it doesn't matter anymore if you try to give motion to bones behind it. They won't move an inch.

So you have to create kind of a chain.

Here's an example xml for NPC Genitals06 and NPC Genitals05:

hdtm.xml

Basically my hdtm.xml with 2 bones added (since I only had one necessary penis bone left because I didn't include any wobbling).

GenitalsLag05 is the fixed point, NPC bones 5 and 6 are the links of the chain. You have to define restraints for both of them of course or they will fall through the floor thanks to gravity. The trick is to use NPC Genitals05 as the anchor for NPC Genitals06.

So yeah, it works. It just never worked on any hdtm.xml I ever saw since everyone put these fixed GenitalsLag bones in the middle of the chain. ;)

Okay, I figured it out. Seems like I understand this stuff a lot better now than back when I deactivated the penis wobbling.

The problem comes from the GenitalsLag bones that are set to motion_keyframed.

If you set one link in the penis bone chain as rigid then it doesn't matter anymore if you try to give motion to bones behind it. They won't move an inch.

So you have to create kind of a chain.

Here's an example xml for NPC Genitals06 and NPC Genitals05:

attachicon.gifhdtm.xml

Basically my hdtm.xml with 2 bones added (since I only had one necessary penis bone left because I didn't include any wobbling).

GenitalsLag05 is the fixed point, NPC bones 5 and 6 are the links of the chain. You have to define restraints for both of them of course or they will fall through the floor thanks to gravity. The trick is to use NPC Genitals05 as the anchor for NPC Genitals06.

So yeah, it works. It just never worked on any hdtm.xml I ever saw since everyone put these fixed GenitalsLag bones in the middle of the chain. ;)

Tested that xml and this is the result  :lol:.

Found some really old GiFs of mine that had collisions and the movement acting together, its just that doesn't happen anymore, and i can't figure out why since the xmls used are the same or very nearly the same.

Keep an eye on the penis even the balls move.

GiF 1

GiF 2

GiF 3

And?

Just set the y constraints to zero again and deactivate the y motor and it should do what I wanted to show.

Meaning this and this. Isn't this what you asked for?  :huh:

If you want the same effect for the y axis then it would probably be better to use quite narrow y constraints since else it might have the stacking effect you saw in the file I uploaded above.

I mean it's not like I put a lot of care in that little modification I did there since I don't want to release it or something. ^^

And?

Just set the y constraints to zero again and deactivate the y motor and it should do what I wanted to show.

Meaning this and this. Isn't this what you asked for?  :huh:

If you want the same effect for the y axis then it would probably be better to use quite narrow y constraints since else it might have the stacking effect you saw in the file I uploaded above.

I mean it's not like I put a lot of care in that little modification I did there since I don't want to release it or something. ^^

No, no i hope you didn't take me laughing, the wrong way.

I mean during sex, but as you see it does move during sex.

When i did test it, it did collide with the vagina but the vagina pushed the penis away instead of opening the vagina.

But it give me an idea, after looking at your new xmls, have one bone (05 or 06) be the collision bone, then with some tweaking reduce the movement alot and apply it to the other bones with no collisions (01 - 04 or 05 if i use 06 as collision bone), then just weight-paint the L/R Scrotum bones and that hopefully should work  :).

No, no i hope you didn't take me laughing, the wrong way.

Not at all, everything is good. ;)

I was just a bit puzzled because I thought that the xml pretty much did what you wanted. Just on a proof of concept level of course but still.

Then again I still don't really understand what it is that you want to achieve exactly.

That the schlong gets compressed a bit like an accordian during penetration?

Why? That doesn't look good imo.

Or that it gets bent a little, perpendicularly to where it's pointing?

At some point I thought about doing something like that, a schlong that automatically enters the vagina as it bends it way down the hole. ^^

But I think there aren't enough pussy bones for a proper negative shape to lead the schlong in the right direction so I gave up on that before even starting.

The xml I uploaded earlier does just this sort of schlong bending on a smaller scale btw. Only that the y constraints are way too big.

If you just want it to bounce around a little without bending too much then I wouldn't use any of the higher number genital bones but the base of the schlong. I guess you can make the tip rigid while getting it to bounce at the base if you set up the "motion sphere inertia" bone chain I mentioned and set all constraints to zero except for one or 2 at the base. And then only activate the motors for those. Didn't test that though.

I don't think that there is any problem with physics behaving correctly because of a running Sexlab animation. If they work they work. The only oddities I encountered are collision boxes not placed where they are supposed to be (reseting the scene to the original positions makes them snap back in place though ... or sometimes rotating the scene) and xml data sometimes not getting loaded at all. Still don't know what exactly is the reason for the second issue.

Oh and skeleton schlong bones misaligned with the mesh in some creature animations. They sometimes just point slightly in the wrong direction for whatever reason. I think I fixed that by deleting all the rotational matrix33 entries for these bones and handplacing them afterwards using only the translation values though.

But sex collisions and the other physics work hand in hand, in the end collision boxes are just another force pushing your meshes around and they get treated as such afaik.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad it isn't just me who noticed this, at first I thought it was because I started using FloppySOS, but even on a clean install without it I noticed the penis no longer "animated" when being used.

I will follow this topic and wish you luck in finding a solution, rigid cock begone!

Honestly I'm more interested in the textures used in that last gif.

Especially the area around the pussy looks much better than the textures I usually add to the different female body textures via Texblend.

But maybe it's just the lighting and a better ENB than what I use (TrueVision I think).

Most of the effects I'm seeing there (ok, I'm not that perceptive anyway, and I'm looking at a mobile phone screen atm but whatever) are easy to achieve with small changes to the xml settings btw.

Want the pussy to get pulled a bit in the direction of the schlong movement? Change z constraints limits and the global friction value.

Want the schlong to contract a bit when there is resistance (like penetration)? Add small y constraints and remove all the motion type motion_keyframed bones except for one (the base of the penis) from the penis xml file. After that you have to set up new constraints to get the chain I mentioned of course.

Every xml I know of got that wrong so I don't believe that it ever worked. At least for the popular male xmls, it obviously works for the ones used for some of the gifs above.

And I don't see why any of this should have sth to do with Sexlab. For all I know Sexlab doesn't have anything to do with collisions. It just causes the mesh swaps and that's what causes the xml data to get loaded. But you could as well add that data with a different method like a havok object, just like a lot of people did with that overly sexed up idle animation where the girls start playing with their boobs after a few seconds. ^^

I'm aware, I've been running my own framecrushing SMP settings that have support for x and y since before Hydro retired her efforts, but the fact is something outside of PE changed; and it happened when SL was updated afaik, and it occurs no matter what variable of hardware you have, so it definitely a software issue, and since PE hasn't updated in two years, it isn't PE.

Archived