Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suddenly I have no footstep sounds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

herdustisverypretty

herdustisverypretty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I've been away for a few days so haven't played SSE in like a week, but I'm pretty sure I've only just started having this problem today. 

For some reason I no longer have any footsteps, both the player character and NPCs. I'm using Immersive Sounds and the page said footsteps sometimes aren't heard because of custom animations - I have a few like Pretty Combat but I've been using them for ages and have never had this problem before. Besides I think that's also only in third person, and this is in first person too. I can hear footsteps on rugs, but not on any other type of floor, inside or out. 

Here's my load order:

Spoiler

I reinstalled Immersive Sounds and just tossed it near the end of the load order so if it shouldn't be there, I just haven't sorted since doing that. 

And if anyone comments on another post of mine saying "you have too many mods", no I really don't and they've never given me a problem before so hush. 

I've already tried restarting the game and validating the Steam files. This is on a new game as well. Also no, my footsteps are not turned off in audio settings. They're on full volume. I have no idea what else to try. 

worksa7

worksa7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Custom animations shouldn't make the footsteps mute anyways, I think the worst they would do is like mismatch with the sounds, since the sounds are paced to normal animations they might not match the steps.