Is there a mod that add strip options?

geoper

Hello, I made a little search for something that can work as I want but I didn't find anything, so I'm sorry if someone else asked this already.

I'm aware that Sexlab has options for stripping specific armor and clothes. "Always Remove" and "Never Remove", but, is there something that adds a middle ground? That sometimes remove the item and sometimes don't? 

Hello, I made a little search for something that can work as I want but I didn't find anything, so I'm sorry if someone else asked this already.

I'm aware that Sexlab has options for stripping specific armor and clothes. "Always Remove" and "Never Remove", but, is there something that adds a middle ground? That sometimes remove the item and sometimes don't?

Look more closely, Sexlab has situational stripping. The very first item on the stripping page is a selection for how to strip in three different situations.

Also note that any mod can pass a custom strip list to Sexlab.

On top of that you can add a keyword with the text "NoStrip" in it to any specific item in the game if it is something that people would wear while having sex (like a piercing or piece of body jewelry etc).

Do those items help you? Do you need help with anything specific?

Look more closely, Sexlab has situational stripping. The very first item on the stripping page is a selection for how to strip in three different situations.

On top of that you can add a keyword with the text "NoStrip" in it to any specific item in the game if it is something that people would wear while having sex (like a piercing or piece of body jewelry etc).

Thanks for the answer! Nope, what i'm looking for is a random option, sometimes is removed, sometimes not. On SL it's just on or off. I was hoping for something in between, but nothing to do with foreplay, aggresive or normal. Just random for a piece of equipment in specific. 

Thanks for the answer! Nope, what i'm looking for is a random option, sometimes is removed, sometimes not. On SL it's just on or off. I was hoping for something in between, but nothing to do with foreplay, aggresive or normal. Just random for a piece of equipment in specific.

Sounds like there may be an opportunity here for you or someone else to make such a mod.

If I may hijack your attention for a bit, I have seen the tip in the SL menu, but I have no idea how I would add this tag to clothing. If it's something in the base game, than apologies for the stupid question, but I only started playing skyrim a few weeks a go and there are a lot of new things to take in.

If I may hijack your attention for a bit, I have seen the tip in the SL menu, but I have no idea how I would add this tag to clothing. If it's something in the base game, than apologies for the stupid question, but I only started playing skyrim a few weeks a go and there are a lot of new things to take in.

As far as I know is not base game, you need to edit the mod or the item in Creation Kit or TES5Edit to add a keyword. Every keyword has a ID and the item needs a reference to the keyword. It's not a trivial process to explain it here, maybe someone can direct you to a good tutorial.  

As far as I know is not base game, you need to edit the mod or the item in Creation Kit or TES5Edit to add a keyword. Every keyword has a ID and the item needs a reference to the keyword. It's not a trivial process to explain it here, maybe someone can direct you to a good tutorial.

Actually to me it is trivial. Find the mod that adds or updates the item or create a new mod if it's a vanilla item. Add a keyword to that mod and give it the name "NoStrip", add that keyword to the item and you are done. Sexlab checks the TEXT of the keyword, not it's ID so you do not need to reference Sexlab and create a dependency or anything complicated.

This is easily done in TES5EDIT, let TES5EDIT create a backup you can use in case you mess it up but if you can find your way around programs without a lot of hand holding this shouldn't be much trouble.

After some snooping around the code it seems the place to alter is this in sslActorLibrary.psc

bool function ContinueStrip(Form ItemRef, bool DoStrip = true)
	return ItemRef && (IsAlwaysStrip(ItemRef) || (DoStrip && !IsNoStrip(ItemRef))) 
endFunction

By the time we get here SL has already decided if it wants to strip the item or not (as passed via DoStrip) and is checking the keywords of the item in order to make the final decision. 

A very basic solution is to simply get a random number 1 or 2 and decide to strip or not. 

Something like

bool function ContinueStrip(Form ItemRef, bool DoStrip = true)
	return ItemRef && (IsAlwaysStrip(ItemRef) || (DoStrip && !IsNoStrip(ItemRef) && Utility.RandomInt(1, 2) == 1)) 
endFunction 

A better solution would be to introduce a new keyword "RandomStrip" and do the random thing only on the items that have it. But that means the new keyword has to be correctly added to all relevant items. And this means that a mod like what we are discussing here will be not about stripping, but mostly keyword item management with all the UI complications this brings. 

My question after all this is - what would be the best way to present the player with and easy to use way of manage the armor keywords. I can imagine many different MCM menus but they all feel tedious and not user-friendly. 

And what are the most used revealing outfit mods for females. There are 3 sets for males (SOS) that I know of (including the Tera armors conversions), maybe it is possible to simply make patches for them and let the player tweak any additional modded outfits via TES5EDIT or CK?

Additional consideration for the revealing SOS armors that many people use is that some of them look OK  when the character is the active (top) but not the receiving (bottom) actor in the scene. Most of them are revealing in front but not on the back and this leads to a lot of clipping when a bottom is wearing them.

Seems a male character can be in the bottom position in two cases - when victim in an aggressive animation or in a gay scene. The first situation can be handled, but it seems the second can not because there is no info about the actor's position been passed to the stripping functions in the papyrus that is not victim/aggressor.   

There are some items you would still always want removed or the sex would just look silly.

You would need to alter the strip options from "Strip" and "No Strip" to include a third option "Random Strip" which would mean altering the boolean strip options array from boolean to integers to allow a third value. Note that strip arrays are also passed in using the API so you would need to convert those passed arrays to integers as well.

It can be done but it's a lot of work for something I don't see many people ever using.

I am willing to do it and I do think there will be interest in that. 

However I tried today to do some practical experiments and it seems SL is not using it's papyrus stripping functions. I can't find a source for the SKSE plugins and I suspect there are similar functions there. If this is the case then it is probably best to simply add this as a request for future SL updates. 

P.S. Also is there a solution for the Steam error when trying to run CK from MO? I tried several things I fund online, including overwriting the Steam ID but nothing helps.

you can do this with SexLabUtil1 with some custom ini files http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18950-sexlabutil1-2015-03-28/

with SLUtil i currently run a setup where i equip either 1 of 2 random outfits during animation, or i have the animation with my base outfit on. there is also a chance the panties will be removed completely, or it will be replaced with a mesh that has the panty pulled down on one leg. at the end of the animation i have an ini to randomly equip 1 of 7 panties from my inventory. i also use an ini to feed my character drink and food whenever i perform an animation with vaginal or oral tags, which satisfies iNeed hunger and thirst

the biggest problem i have with doing it this way is any custom enchanted effects will not be reapplied when the mod re-equips the gear. i notice this is an issue with pretty much all mods except for my werewolf transform mod and the stripped items from sexlab framework. 

it's not the best solution but it works for my purposes and i'm hoping someone will flesh this mod out a bit more so that it can reapply custom enchant effects on re-equip

Archived