Without having had a chance to try to re-create it I can only say that it is one of the ones that the messages say makes it harder to breathe (or "your chest feels tight") that has a starting visual of a sort of red mist around the character.

It should be pretty easy to recreate, once I get a chance to get into Skyrim tonight if you need other/more information. I am pretty ignorant of how mods work, but will be happy to do what I can to provide what you may need.

Also, as I said, it's by no means a big deal, but the oddity of it made me wonder. Certainly something that I can live with, especially as it seems to happen only once per play-through.

Many thanks,

Greetings,

I am having a small issue and wanted to make sure that it is, in fact, just me.

Using default settings for Ingredients there is an effect (not sure which, sorry) that includes a sizzling/static sound. The problem is that the first time I get this effect on a character it won't go away until I save, exit skyrim to desktop, and reload. After the first time it does not happen again on any given character. I've started half a dozen new games lately for various reasons and this has happened every time so I thought I'd check.

Thanks lots.

I'm not sure what this could be - can you tell me what spell effect(s) show on your character when this happens? 

I've had this a couple of times. It's the allergic reaction you get when picking up ingredients.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention one minor thing which is not a real bug. When I quit the game I always try to save the game indoors (e.g. inside caves) to reduce the load when I start the game again. Then when I load the game the trap layer always activates. Is it possible to activate the trap layer only when the PC changes a cell - going through a door etc?

Greetings,

I am having a small issue and wanted to make sure that it is, in fact, just me.

Using default settings for Ingredients there is an effect (not sure which, sorry) that includes a sizzling/static sound. The problem is that the first time I get this effect on a character it won't go away until I save, exit skyrim to desktop, and reload. After the first time it does not happen again on any given character. I've started half a dozen new games lately for various reasons and this has happened every time so I thought I'd check.

Thanks lots.

I'm not sure what this could be - can you tell me what spell effect(s) show on your character when this happens?

I've had this a couple of times. It's the allergic reaction you get when picking up ingredients.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention one minor thing which is not a real bug. When I quit the game I always try to save the game indoors (e.g. inside caves) to reduce the load when I start the game again. Then when I load the game the trap layer always activates. Is it possible to activate the trap layer only when the PC changes a cell - going through a door etc?

You are correct that the breathing problems being described are an allergy effect from harvesting. These effects all last for a random a unit of game time (not real time) lasting from hours to days so it's always possible to go rest up somewhere and wait/sleep until you are better.

FMEA doesn't use trap layers it just looks for lockpicking attempts, alchemy workbench activation and activating plants etc. to harvest ingredients. All this is done via onactivate and onsit functions plus a perk that again is only active if the right item is activated. I'm pretty sure therefore that the issue you are describing must be coming from another source.

Greetings.

I'm late getting back it seems. But yes, the allergic reaction, I checked that. And, yes, over time the debuff will end, but, even after it ends, that first time, I get the static sound that will only end if I exit Skyrim and reload, which is what I was asking about. It is, I know, entirely possible that this is something that's just on my end but I wanted to check. It isn't a big deal though, since, so far anyway, it only gets "stuck" like that once per play-through.

Thanks much.

Hello,

Is it possible to make a vanilla version without sexlab as a requirement ?

The blocking feature that prevents plants from beeing harvested is still to easy in my opinion. The first effect is learned by eating the plant, than the blocking effect is gone.

A second step is more challenging. The player must know all effects of a plant before it is possible to harvest, So you either must by a lot or have the suited perks.

Changing the script is not so difficult i  think, (Without the possibility of selection in MCM) maybe this could already work

bool Function bIsAnyEffectKnown(Ingredient akIngredient)
    If akIngredient == None
        Return False
    Endif
    int iNumEffects = akIngredient.GetNumEffects()
    int i = iNumEffects
;/While i > 0
        i -= 1
        If akIngredient.GetIsNthEffectKnown(i)
            Return True
        EndIf
    EndWhile
    Return False /;

While i > 0
        i -= 1
        If !akIngredient.GetIsNthEffectKnown(i)
            Return false
        EndIf
    EndWhile
    Return true
EndFunction

Not yet tested, because cannot compile your mod at the moment.

Greetings.

Sorry for my english, i'm russian.

FMEA with all 3 options applied couses my game crash on load saved game during gameplay. I can start game, load save, but then if i try load savegame it crashes with runtime error.

Not seen anything like this and can't think why it would happen - please post a a papyrus log...

Hello,

Is it possible to make a vanilla version without sexlab as a requirement ?

The blocking feature that prevents plants from beeing harvested is still to easy in my opinion. The first effect is learned by eating the plant, than the blocking effect is gone.

A second step is more challenging. The player must know all effects of a plant before it is possible to harvest, So you either must by a lot or have the suited perks.

Changing the script is not so difficult i think, (Without the possibility of selection in MCM) maybe this could already work

bool Function bIsAnyEffectKnown(Ingredient akIngredient)

If akIngredient == None

Return False

Endif

int iNumEffects = akIngredient.GetNumEffects()

int i = iNumEffects

;/While i > 0

i -= 1

If akIngredient.GetIsNthEffectKnown(i)

Return True

EndIf

EndWhile

Return False /;

While i > 0

i -= 1

If !akIngredient.GetIsNthEffectKnown(i)

Return false

EndIf

EndWhile

Return true

EndFunction

Not yet tested, because cannot compile your mod at the moment.

I'll take look at adding the option - it's much more challenging if you don't eat ingredients at all though....

• 2 weeks later...

This is one interesting mod for me. I was going to get rid of it after initial testing. Now I am happy that I added it to my main game. Crafting alchemy potions had become way too easy. Mod gives sort of a feeling of progress, when you notice that you can craft more with your skill, with less risk and damage.

Nicely done. smile.png

One question though. Almost every successful potion seems to come spoiled in low skill levels. I didn't find any notes about the mechanism. I think it is just a secondary check there? It is not annoying. I am just wondering how the mechanism works.

This is one interesting mod for me. I was going to get rid of it after initial testing. Now I am happy that I added it to my main game. Crafting alchemy potions had become way too easy. Mod gives sort of a feeling of progress, when you notice that you can craft more with your skill, with less risk and damage.

Nicely done. smile.png

One question though. Almost every successful potion seems to come spoiled in low skill levels. I didn't find any notes about the mechanism. I think it is just a secondary check there? It is not annoying. I am just wondering how the mechanism works.

Glad you are enjoying it. I'm still working on the enchanting plugin - all seems to work but now I need to look at game balance and add content to the outcomes. Sadly RL has got in the way and so it's taking much longer than I would like.

As far as potion failure is concerned...

When you craft a potion the chance of success is checked. If you fail the potion is spoiled, then based on your original success chance there is a critical failure chance roll made.

Since both alchemy skill and the number of times you successfully make a potion affect your chance new/rarely made potions will always involve some risk whilst familiar ones will become easier and safer more quickly.

Guest dancinMagic

I like what you have made so far. This mod has lots of potential and I want to see where you'll go with the enchanting and mining mechanics. 

I also have encountered that perma sound bug for allergic reactions. I also tried using CACO with this mod, ingredient renaming and ingredient failure effects don't work.

Here's a few thoughts I had with the mod enabled.

- There's very little effects for the current failures. More variety in effects would be good like paralysis, slow, weakness effects, and poison. 

- For alchemy, brewing potions with animal ingredients can give you disease on failure.

- More types of screen overlays would also be good.

- Add a pestle and mortar with the mod that would increase the chance of failures/produce more dangerous effects if you want to make potions anywhere. Same could be done for enchanting like a grimiore or something.

For your next update,
Could you add the failure possibilty of releasing the soul inside of the soul gem when enchanting and have it attack you?

Skyrim Immersive creatures has golems attack you when you mine an ore vein very rarely but it isn't controllable by MCM and isn't really a failure scenario. Something like that would be good to add to this mod also.

Also, is it possible to include support for sexlab parasites for collecting fungus/insects? That would be good to have for harvesting ingredients.

Looking forward to more updates.

I like what you have made so far. This mod has lots of potential and I want to see where you'll go with the enchanting and mining mechanics. 

I also have encountered that perma sound bug for allergic reactions. I also tried using CACO with this mod, ingredient renaming and ingredient failure effects don't work.

- There's very little effects for the current failures. More variety in effects would be good like paralysis, slow, weakness effects, and poison. 

- For alchemy, brewing potions with animal ingredients can give you disease on failure.

- Add a pestle and mortar with the mod that would increase the chance of failures/produce more dangerous effects if you want to make potions anywhere. Same could be done for enchanting like a grimiore or something.

For your next update,

Could you add the failure possibilty of releasing the soul inside of the soul gem when enchanting and have it attack you?

Skyrim Immersive creatures has golems attack you when you mine an ore vein very rarely but it isn't controllable by MCM and isn't really a failure scenario. Something like that would be good to add to this mod also.

Also, is it possible to include support for sexlab parasites for collecting fungus/insects? That would be good to have for harvesting ingredients.

Once I have released enchanting I plan to look at adding more failure effects

Based on your suggestions I think you will enjoy the next update.... ;)

As I mentioned in a previous post - one of the issues with Enchanting is ensuring I have not messed up game balance in the effects.

I don't want to be more specific at this point as I'd like to avoid spoilers but if a couple of users would be willing to beta test the next release and feed back that would be really useful  so let me know if any of you are interested.

For your next update,

As I mentioned in a previous post - one of the issues with Enchanting is ensuring I have not messed up game balance in the effects.

I don't want to be more specific at this point as I'd like to avoid spoilers but if a couple of users would be willing to beta test the next release and feed back that would be really useful so let me know if any of you are interested.

I'd be happy to do more testing for you.

For your next update,

I don't want to be more specific at this point as I'd like to avoid spoilers but if a couple of users would be willing to beta test the next release and feed back that would be really useful so let me know if any of you are interested.

I'd be happy to do more testing for you.

Thanks - I'll hopefully be ready to PM you a test at some point during the weekend

Hey, I like your mod but I really do not enjoy the visual effect from the failure with alchemy.

I know  you can wait in-game to get the effect to wears off but I got really long loading problems (even just to wait) with my skyrim (And that's a new playthrough still trying to find out the culprit but I'm not that knowledgeable about modding in skyrim). I wonder if you could do a MCM choice to toggle it on/off (the visual effect) for a future version.

Thanks.

Hey, I like your mod but I really do not enjoy the visual effect from the failure with alchemy.

I know  you can wait in-game to get the effect to wears off but I got really long loading problems (even just to wait) with my skyrim (And that's a new playthrough still trying to find out the culprit but I'm not that knowledgeable about modding in skyrim). I wonder if you could do a MCM choice to toggle it on/off (the visual effect) for a future version.

Thanks.

Happy to take a look for a future update but it would require me to add alternative versions of the effects as the visuals are built into the spells so it's not a quick fix.

• 2 weeks later...

FMEA Version 1.20 released

New content

Enchanting

• Whilst enchanting an item there is a risk that you may lose control of the Magicka flow from the Soulgem as you complete the enchantment
  • The risk of losing control is dependent on the level of Soulgem used and the skill of the enchanter
  • Uncontrolled Soulgem flows can result in dimensional anomalies or allow the imprisoned soul to use its psychic energy to lash out seeking revenge
  • An uncontrolled release of Soulgem Magicka may attract an interdimensional parasite
  • Uncontrolled Soulgem flows will render the enchanting workbench dangerously unstable and unusable until they dissipate
  • Endangering the lives of innocent bystanders as a result of recklessly allowing uncontrolled Magicka flows is a serious crime

BugFix

• Enable/Disable abuse by followers now works as intended

Thank you!

This mod just keeps getting better and better. I can't imagine how I ever player Skyrim without it. It just feels so natural, like an integral part of the game.

I saw in the OP that you were looking into smithing/mining as well. My characters rather often become smiths (probably because I very much enjoy skyimll's Become a Smith quest from SL Dialogues and also because it's such a nicely safe way to spend the early game in my unleveled Skyrim).

I've had a few ideas, although none of them are "devious" in nature. I have no idea if any of that's even possible to script, but with that caveat added, here they are:

Failed Smithing:

- basic failure: you hit yourself with the hammer (add temporary health or health regen debuff, and/or weapons debuff because of your injured hand)

- worse failure: you are careless and your clothes catch fire. You can douse them before doing any serious injury to yourself, but one random item of body, hand, or foot clothing or light armor is irretrievably destroyed

- worse failure: you burn yourself with that red-hot slab of metal (add a temp. health debuff and a SlaveTats burn mark on a random place on leg or arm)

- worse failure: your hair catches fire! You can put it out before burning off your skin, but your beautiful hair is now gone. Change player char's hairstyle to bald

- worst failure: you set the smithy ablaze (blackout, wake up in prison)

Failed Smelter Use:

- basic failure: improper firing of the furnace causes your ingot production to fail and you can salvage only a bit of the raw materials (receive one raw ore of the base materials instead of an ingot)

- worse failure: a coal dust explosion seriously damages the smelter and knocks you out. You wake up in the nearby temple or inn and have to pay the smith (or hold's steward?) 1000 septims for repairs

- otherwise similar to smithy

Failed Mining:

- basic failure: you accidentally hit your foot with your pickaxe (add health/regen and speed debuff)

- worse failure: toxic fumes. You break open a small reservoir filled with toxic gases. Add similar effect like failed alchemy.

- worse failure: Ancient Spirits. You somehow must have hit some ancient burial site. A ghost spawns near you, unhappy about this disturbance.

- worst failure: Mine collapse. That last swing of the pickaxe causes the rocks above to come crashing down. A fellow miner manages to pull you free from the rubble, but some of your belongings are irretrievably lost

Thanks for the feedback  - I'm glad you are enjoying it

Thanks also for the ideas!

I think I might look at mining next, I think I can add some interesting content to that. I find smithing more difficult to get excited about because it is not inherently magical and mostly takes place in safe locations. That doesn't mean it can't/won't be done eventually  - I just don't think it has the same scope for interesting outcomes as the other crafting/harvesting areas.

Of course if this post it followed by a deluge of brilliant ideas (tagged as Spoilers of course)  from the few hardy folks following the thread then I may get onto smithing (or whatever else is covered) sooner. Sadly only 18 people follow this thread and about 300 follow the mod so either most folks don't enjoy this style of play or I needed to choose a better name for the Mod! ;)

Hello everyone. Haven't tried this mod yet (saving it for my next Skyrim playthrough), but since I do occasionally follow the thread and have a comment on suggestions of others, I think I will pen this post.

I've had a few ideas, although none of them are "devious" in nature. I have no idea if any of that's even possible to script, but with that caveat added, here they are:

Actually I have an idea how it could be made "devious" if need be.

It concerns HisDudeness' idea of the worst outcome for failed smeltering. Since this is a serious damage to property, but not as dangerous to other people as burning the whole smithy down, it is quite reasonable to make character indebted to the smith. However, what if the PC doesn't have gold to pay for his/her mistakes? PC could be made to become an enthralled worker (bonded labourer), who has to pay off his debt not immediately, but gradually by bringing in items or gold to the, well, owner. I think it could be realised by using SD+ and probably made less "devious" (and more sensible) by setting a certain value for PC's starting slave allowance points, so that PC can leave the room with his/her owner and, for example, go enchant something (good luck with it, considering we are already using this mod in this scenariobiggrin.png ), then sell the enchanted items and go give the gold to the smith-owner. SD+ can be kept out of hard requirements by necessity to toggle option for such an outcome in the MCM. I think it would be sensible to put a soft restriction on leaving the hold/city where the owner's smithy is located, so that PC is than considered an escaped labourer who broke his/her contract and gains a criminal status and bounty.
I've had very little experience with SD+ new slavery system though and no experience with creating mods, so, I also have to add that I don't know if this can be done.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes or oddities I could make in this post, I don't have much practice writing in English.

This is great fun, Bane Master, and it seems to work very reliably and stably too - quite a bonus!

One question: how long will an "Unstable Arcane Enchanter" take to dissipate the chaotic energy, approximately?  Is it strictly timed, or a number of necessary discharges through my doughty dragonborn?

Heres a couple of ideas for smithing:

1.)You get burns from the forge embers in the shape of daedric markings. How strange.(Slavetats)
2.)There was a soul gem in the ore you smelted and now an angry spirit is attacking everything on sight. Great going Dragonborn. Will get a bounty or several for every civilian it attacks. It will attack you if noone else is around.

This is great fun, Bane Master, and it seems to work very reliably and stably too - quite a bonus!

One question: how long will an "Unstable Arcane Enchanter" take to dissipate the chaotic energy, approximately?  Is it strictly timed, or a number of necessary discharges through my doughty dragonborn?

Currently it's on a random timer - hours to days.... ;)

I may extend that aspect at some point - with ways of dissipating the energy. Similarly exploding Alchemy benches might need repairing to use again (if I can think of a good way to do it...)

Heres a couple of ideas for smithing:

1.)You get burns from the forge embers in the shape of daedric markings. How strange.(Slavetats)

2.)There was a soul gem in the ore you smelted and now an angry spirit is attacking everything on sight. Great going Dragonborn. Will get a bounty or several for every civilian it attacks. It will attack you if noone else is around.

Thanks - all ideas welcome  :)

Hello everyone. Haven't tried this mod yet (saving it for my next Skyrim playthrough), but since I do occasionally follow the thread and have a comment on suggestions of others, I think I will pen this post.

Actually I have an idea how it could be made "devious" if need be.

It concerns HisDudeness' idea of the worst outcome for failed smeltering. Since this is a serious damage to property, but not as dangerous to other people as burning the whole smithy down, it is quite reasonable to make character indebted to the smith. However, what if the PC doesn't have gold to pay for his/her mistakes? PC could be made to become an enthralled worker (bonded labourer), who has to pay off his debt not immediately, but gradually by bringing in items or gold to the, well, owner. I think it could be realised by using SD+ and probably made less "devious" (and more sensible) by setting a certain value for PC's starting slave allowance points, so that PC can leave the room with his/her owner and, for example, go enchant something (good luck with it, considering we are already using this mod in this scenariobiggrin.png ), then sell the enchanted items and go give the gold to the smith-owner. SD+ can be kept out of hard requirements by necessity to toggle option for such an outcome in the MCM. I think it would be sensible to put a soft restriction on leaving the hold/city where the owner's smithy is located, so that PC is than considered an escaped labourer who broke his/her contract and gains a criminal status and bounty.

I've had very little experience with SD+ new slavery system though and no experience with creating mods, so, I also have to add that I don't know if this can be done.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes or oddities I could make in this post, I don't have much practice writing in English.

Interesting idea - and in fact could be used with any crafting equipment in theory.  Your English is excellent btw...   :)

So I installed this on a new playthrough today and have Kyne's Parasites and Estrus Charus installed but he parasitic events in the enchanting and tentacle attacks in the ingredients are greyed out.  What am I missing here?

If they are greyed out then FMEA is failing to find EC+ 

Have you checked that EC+ is running OK - if you set spit attacks to 100% and then use the console to place a Chaurus by you does the tentacle attack and pregnancy fire correctly?