What matters for sex?

Arilia

I propose what matters for sex in Skyrim is simply who has what, and where it goes:

- Does the body have curves?
- Do they have a cock, pussy, or both?

- Who gets penetrated?

- Who gets bound?

Questions like these get right to the point. The game must know physical answers in a fantasy world where anything is possible. It doesn't matter if our gender is female, male, fluid, or panda. Instead of asking who we are, the game should ask what happens during animations.

I love curves and cocks! Sounds simple, right? Yet bandits go bonkers figuring out how to rape me:

• Skyrim thinks I'm female.
  • SexLab and Shlongs think I'm male.
  • Eager NPCs thinks my rapist is shemale.
  • Cursed Loot lets females fuck me.
  • Shlongs makes my rapist male half the time, but gives them female animations.
  • SexLab allows females to use any non-consensual animations.
  • Eager NPCs tells SexLab anyone with a cock is male before engaging in consensual sex.
  • I end up switching positions or picking a new animation, because half don't make sense.

Whew, how complicated! Yet this is the simplest setup I could find to get curves and cocks on both sides.

Mods use gender terms in different ways because the words are ambiguous. This inconstant vocabulary often breaks immersion with animations and dialogue, and the convoluted logic of the best-case setup means lovers can't pound me without asking. This makes Serana sad. Do you want to make Serana sad when she can't rape the Dragonborn? Just look at those dark, evil, soul-sucking eyes of frisky disappointment...

fgMJsUX.jpg

How can we make her happy? Blood, skooma, and hookers. Maybe without the skooma or hookers.

And we can add a few simple new choices alongside the female/male option in SexLab based on physical and behavioral characteristics. Players can customize the new stuff however they wish, and mods are free to use that information any way they see fit. Simple for modders, simple for players, and all backwards compatible with older mods to ensure a smooth transition.

---

TLDR: Determine physical and behavioral traits of characters for more sexual freedom and immersion.

---

Edit: Looking through the code I discovered this should be very easy to do with the ActorStats functions of PapyrusUtils included in sexlab.  These utilities look like they were designed to solve the very problem I brought up in this thread, among others, but don't appear to be used by major sexlab mods. I think that's because the utilities came out three years ago, while many prominent mods originated before then.

• Eager NPCs thinks my rapist is shemale.
  • Eager NPCs tells SexLab anyone with a cock is male before engaging in consensual sex.

SexLab Eager NPCs does nothing unless you tell it to do so, so if it does things that you don't want, you have configured it incorrectly. If you don't want it to change the SexLab gender of schlonged female NPCs to male, then don't configure it to do so, it's all off by default.

Skyrim thinks you are female because you have a female skeleton, it affects which meshes are used when you equip armor (including stuff like schlongs, gags, binders). Meshes that fit the female skeleton do not automatically also fit the male skeleton. Adding a 3rd gender/skeleton here is not possible, the limit of 2 is hardcoded in the engine.

SexLab thinks you are male because you have set your SexLab gender to male, indicating that you have male genitals. It affects in which position in the animation you are typically put. Your own example shows that your deduction that the sex is a binary choice is incorrect, there are in fact 4 choices: male or female skeleton (the vanilla sex), each with male or female genitals (the SexLab gender, if you choose to set it). Each mod has access to these facts, whether they choose to do something with it is another matter, but not a problem of the framework, it is perfectly possible to detect your character as a female body with male genitals.

The only real problem that exists currently is with hermaphrodites, because the sexlab gender setting has no 'both' setting. However no matter how you change it, the system won't be able to read minds, so people playing hermaphrodite will have to choose in which position they want to be on a case by case basis anyway. You can quite easily do that pro-actively by using a mod that binds the gender swapping to a hotkey, spell or power, whichever you prefer.

Of course the mods you use will have to be coded to be aware of these 4 possible combinations where appropriate, it's up to you to use the ones that are and discard the ones that aren't.

I understand how the details work. It's simply more complicated than necessary because mods use the same two words (female/male) to describe many different things.

"Penis" obviously refers to genitals, while "male" can describe genitals, skeletons, or behavioral gender characteristics. This ambiguity causes  inconsistencies between mods, with bugs, missing options, and a steep learning curve for newcomers. Using more specific words will solve these problems.

There is a simple solution to your problem. Don't set your schlong in SOS and don't rape anyone. Uninstall cursed loot. Disable females as rapists in defeat. Eager NPCs is right. Anyone with a cock is male coz the people in Skyrim don't have the technology to perform a sex change. If you're a female character with a cock in Skyrim it's your problem and I can only pity you. Anything else?

Archived