Fallout 4: How to add a new location/cell?

I want something (seemingly) simple, considering there are mods out there that do this: Add a new cell/location/house.

So I want to place a door/hatch somewhere in the commonwealth that opens up to a new location, say a house for the player. I've been googling this morning and since the search engines have been changed to only give your commercial (not relevant) search results I've ended up with ZILTCH.

I have installed the FO4 creation kit and I've scoured the web for tutorials. I've heard 'yo what's up yall here's <x> with another tutorial' more than anyone should.

My question is this: How can I add a new cell, create a nice looking player house etc..?

I want to learn how to mod it in, I don't need links to existing mods, they don't help. I want to do and learn it myself, but I need some kind of starting point.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks !!!!

• 1 month later...

Ok! So I have my interior cell, called 'BDSM Sex Chambers'. Everything works, I've placed the entrance close to Red Rocket nearby Sanctuary. I can travel inside and I have the same setup as the tutorial video, simple vault stuff. The workshop works and I can place items inside, etc..etc..

The one thing that doesn't seem to work is placing objects on the floor, like a bed. I can hang stuff on the walls, paintings work, but everything I place on the ground stays red and just floats through. I've done some looking with Fo4edit into the Home Plate cell and that has several collision layers. Do I need to add these to my cell? Or is it more simple than that? Anyone knows? :)

post-1094965-0-94654500-1486900493_thumb.pngpost-1094965-0-43876500-1486900500_thumb.pngpost-1094965-0-68143100-1486900514_thumb.png

post-1094965-0-78823500-1486900521_thumb.pngpost-1094965-0-62481700-1486900530_thumb.png

Archived