Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is it just me, or ENB on SSE looks worse than with Oldrim?

ENB SSE Oldrim Question

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Nice screenshot but without knowing the source they are completely useless.

you are too lazy to type the video name in youtube?

https://www.youtube....h?v=dT5XOCnGueo
and if you bother checking that video, you'll notice sse fall behind once in helgen

The owner of the video has dated hardware, because my SSE with mods keeps a steady 60 fps but my oldrim with mods doesn't so...

My specs:

CPU Intel Core I7 4790k @ 4.4Ghz. 
GPU Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB.
RAM Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB 1600Mhz.
SSD OCZ TR150 240GB. 
HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB.

what's the problem with his hardware? if sse is more performance friendly, it should run better, on a nasa pc and on a potato

he have post a video showing his fps on skyrim helgen start and sse helgen start, without mods since there isn't much for sse

and you have post some blabla with nothing to compare your "60 fps sse" to your "not 60 fps skyrim", that's useless, unlike his vid

peculiaris

peculiaris

"Living MeMe"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Nice screenshot but without knowing the source they are completely useless.

you are too lazy to type the video name in youtube?

https://www.youtube....h?v=dT5XOCnGueo
and if you bother checking that video, you'll notice sse fall behind once in helgen

The owner of the video has dated hardware, because my SSE with mods keeps a steady 60 fps but my oldrim with mods doesn't so...

My specs:

CPU Intel Core I7 4790k @ 4.4Ghz. 
GPU Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB.
RAM Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB 1600Mhz.
SSD OCZ TR150 240GB. 
HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB.

what's the problem with his hardware? if sse is more performance friendly, it should run better, on a nasa pc and on a potato

he have post a video showing his fps on skyrim helgen start and sse helgen start, without mods since there isn't much for sse

and you have post some blabla with nothing to compare your "60 fps sse" to your "not 60 fps skyrim", that's useless, unlike his vid

Ok its really hard to discuss hardware and software compatibility and performance with someone who doesn't fully understand the subject but I'll try anyway.

In the video "Oldrim" has better performance then "SSE" this should not be because SSE is running a newer version of the creation engine that has support for more RAM usage and is in general better optimized, But because the hardware used is already dated and back then it would be considered "Budget" hardware the results are reversed. So when someone with more recent hardware lets say my setup tries to recreate the results I wouldn't be able to because SSE will take much more performance from my components.

So yes SSE could theoretically run worse on someone's setup, But only if they haven't upgraded their PC in a little while.

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Ok its really hard to discuss hardware and software compatibility and performance with someone who doesn't fully understand the subject but I'll try anyway.

nice joke coming from someone that don't even bother looking for performance comparaison

want to know a reason he have less fps with sse? because he didn't load it with skyrim texture bsa (not much difference between 1k from skyrim bsa and those 1k resized to 2k in sse bsa, but this have an impact on performance)

want to know why sse take 4 more seconds to get from carriage to showracemenu in his vid? search the topics of this section, someone gave a link to bethesda forum about sse being compiled unoptimised (like skyrim at its release, someone made a dll for that before a patch make it obselette)

well... i am not there to do that kind of research for you... or teach them how to compare skyrim to sse

peculiaris

peculiaris

"Living MeMe"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

nice joke coming from someone that don't even bother looking for performance comparaison

want to know a reason he have less fps with sse? because he didn't load it with skyrim texture bsa (not much difference between 1k from skyrim bsa and those 1k resized to 2k in sse bsa, but this have an impact on performance)

want to know why sse take 4 more seconds to get from carriage to showracemenu in his vid? search the topics of this section, someone gave a link to bethesda forum about sse being compiled unoptimised (like skyrim at its release, someone made a dll for that before a patch make it obselette)

well... i am not there to do that kind of research for you... or teach them how to compare skyrim to sse

My brain... Just forget I said anything.

zollom

zollom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I'll just leave this here

https://www.youtube....h?v=JRzLgRvqfDs

nanashi50

nanashi50

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Interesting, but it got me thinking a more realistic test would be no SLI and using ENBboost on Skyrim Classic to put it on even footing as far as memory bottlenecks.

yatol

yatol

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

there's a pic from that thing in the link to the closed thread i gave...

161219044348786915.jpg

what do you see when you look at the compass? it don't match (not the same fov or not the same resolution or not the same something else)

there's a black background on fraps in sse, if it's the same pc for both, why did he mess with with that during that "test"?

it's also hard to not sse look much worse than skyrim, maybe skyrim have smaa and sse have fxaa, don't know

that "comparaison" is a joke

worksa7

worksa7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

I found modded SSE with ENB looks way better than my modded oldrim with ENB ever did. Runs way better too. With the exception of Riverwood for some reason.

Spoiler

The Junicorn

The Junicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Rudy ENB + Vivid Weathers can do miracles... Does it look worse? Nah... Does it look better? Possibly  :P

Spoiler

worksa7

worksa7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Rudy ENB + Vivid Weathers can do miracles... Does it look worse? Nah... Does it look better? Possibly  :P

Yeah I have ELFX + Vivid + Rudy ENB also and it looks fantastic.

zollom

zollom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

there's a pic from that thing in the link to the closed thread i gave...

161219044348786915.jpg

what do you see when you look at the compass? it don't match (not the same fov or not the same resolution or not the same something else)

there's a black background on fraps in sse, if it's the same pc for both, why did he mess with with that during that "test"?

it's also hard to not sse look much worse than skyrim, maybe skyrim have smaa and sse have fxaa, don't know

that "comparaison" is a joke

The compass mismatch is due to the HUD being completely reworked in SSE, even when the swf format is similar to skyrim's, SSE's swf has higher resolution assets (noticeable on the buttons sprites), also has some overal fixes (for example, skyrim's hudmenu had a horrible "$Level" string which was only noticeable if you played the game at 4k downsampling, SSE's hudmenu doesn't have this issue)

FOV are clearly the same, you can see that from the slide, since the images perfectly match.

The black background on Fraps' icon is how it behaves in dx11, in dx9 it has no background.

You can search it yourself, but here is another example, of another game, dx9 fraps vs dx11 fraps

http://www.overclock...#post_18861339 

Also, Skyrim has MSAA and SSE has TAA which is, in fact, worse looking but way better at performance. You can always force SMAA on both though. 

You should probably check your facts before calling something "a joke", you are making a joke of yourself.

prZ

prZ

Sleepless Guy..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Of course New enb looks terrible because it makes use of dx11 and not dx9. That means many functions are not implemented yet

bond5671

bond5671

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

My WIP enb for SSE compatible with RLO and Fantasy Forest mod  :P, and TAA is on

Spoiler

psychoslaphead

psychoslaphead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

My WIP enb for SSE compatible with RLO and Fantasy Forest mod  :P, and TAA is on

Spoiler

Damn, that looks as good or better than anything in Oldrim. Haven't seen anyone get the lighting and shadows on NPCs correct in SE yet. You going to publish that at some point? :P

bond5671

bond5671

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

My WIP enb for SSE compatible with RLO and Fantasy Forest mod :P, and TAA is on

Spoiler

Damn, that looks as good or better than anything in Oldrim. Haven't seen anyone get the lighting and shadows on NPCs correct in SE yet. You going to publish that at some point? :P

Maybe i'll release it on the Nexus, but since my enb still need to use imaginator to correct the lighting and sky lighting, original SSE lighting is really dark

psychoslaphead

psychoslaphead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

I use Imaginator as well. It has been ported to SE. That would be awesome if you release something. I haven't seen any enb preset that fixes that awful lighting on the npcs.

bond5671

bond5671

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I use Imaginator as well. It has been ported to SE. That would be awesome if you release something. I haven't seen any enb preset that fixes that awful lighting on the npcs.

I've already upload it on Nexus here you go http://www.nexusmods...&preview=&pUp=1

khumak

khumak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

I haven't tried it with an ENB yet but the screenshots from this one look pretty good to me:

http://www.nexusmods...ion/mods/1089/?

You could also just use something like ELFX until an ENB you like comes out.

Edit:  I loaded up this ENB today with Vivid Weathers + ELFX and it looks fantastic.  I'm using ELFX - Exteriors and ELFX - Hardcore modules with it as well.

Champis

Champis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Compared to Skyrim Classic, SSE looks like shyt. Well, ok, maybe not that bad. But when comparing both Skyrims enb vs enb, Skyrim classic is the clear winner. 310 beta for SSE has almost no functionally to speak of. The SSE enb I am using, is a big improvement over SSE default and its creator is really putting a lot of work and effort into it, but it can only do so much.

Particularly noticeable, is the lack of subsurface scattering, which in classic, I tweak to great effect to create very realistic looking skin tones on the actors. SSE comparatively poor lighting and lack of SSS, means the characters skin faces look nowhere near as realistic in SSE. Im sure in time, these things work themselves out as new updates and tools come available. But right atm, a well modded skyrim classic will easily outdo SSE.

27X

27X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Unless Boris or someone like kingeric or Prod80 figure out how to overwrite dx11 buffers without destroying framrate, indirect lighting and indirect illumination and subsurface scattering are never going to happen on SSE, and it's never going to look remotely as good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ENB, SSE, Oldrim, Question