Help with altering a head mesh

JynnCross

Hey everyone!

Basically, I'm trying to alter the female head mesh of Daughters of ARES and replace it with a Facegen file of Alicia Vikander who I really enjoyed watching in Ex Machina (If you haven't watched the movie, I'd suggest you try it, it's worth your time.) 

I've tried using FaceExchanger and swapping facegen data from the file to my saved games but results were bad and obviously I'm not satisfied.

So I thought of using 3DS Max to fix the problem and after watching some tutorial videos, none of them seem to pertain to my particular issue at all and I only got as far as importing the .Obj file into 3DS Max and the head mesh I want to change but from there I'm not sure of how to even proceed next!

So after like 4 hours of getting nowhere, I'm finally asking for help! If someone could kindly point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful! 

PS: Altering the head mesh is for personal use. I like my characters to look aesthetic!

Hey everyone!

Basically, I'm trying to alter the female head mesh of Daughters of ARES and replace it with a Facegen file of Alicia Vikander who I really enjoyed watching in Ex Machina (If you haven't watched the movie, I'd suggest you try it, it's worth your time.) 

I've tried using FaceExchanger and swapping facegen data from the file to my saved games but results were bad and obviously I'm not satisfied.

So I thought of using 3DS Max to fix the problem and after watching some tutorial videos, none of them seem to pertain to my particular issue at all and I only got as far as importing the .Obj file into 3DS Max and the head mesh I want to change but from there I'm not sure of how to even proceed next!

So after like 4 hours of getting nowhere, I'm finally asking for help! If someone could kindly point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful! 

PS: Altering the head mesh is for personal use. I like my characters to look aesthetic!

I find that the FaceGen data usually doesn't take well without an external tool to force the update.

I use NifMerge as part of the facegen process.

My work flow is create the face in game, save out from racemenu (far right upper tab, F5 to export), then open up the creation kit, select the NPC I want to update, Ctrl-F4 on the NPC actor which creates the FaceGen (creates the nif with your NPC id), then run NifMerge, use the facegen nif as the target, use the racemenu export as the source, click each check box in nifmerge where you have similar data, ensure that the drop down list boxes match from left to right,  click match by Vertex, then merge to target.

This whole process takes the Facegen data and updates it to reflect what you have saved in racemenu.

Hey everyone!

I find that the FaceGen data usually doesn't take well without an external tool to force the update.

I use NifMerge as part of the facegen process.

My work flow is create the face in game, save out from racemenu (far right upper tab, F5 to export), then open up the creation kit, select the NPC I want to update, Ctrl-F4 on the NPC actor which creates the FaceGen (creates the nif with your NPC id), then run NifMerge, use the facegen nif as the target, use the racemenu export as the source, click each check box in nifmerge where you have similar data, ensure that the drop down list boxes match from left to right,  click match by Vertex, then merge to target.

This whole process takes the Facegen data and updates it to reflect what you have saved in racemenu.

Hmm I get what you're saying but is there a way to use the Facegen file I made with photo fit in the Facegen modeller? I'm trying to avoid having to create her face in game and exporting it seeing as I'm pretty bad with matching how the features should look exactly (and I'm too much of a perfectionist for this to be healthy)

The facegen file I made looks incredibly like her and Facegen Modeller has done more than I ever could modelling her face!

Archived