Any idea how to do a smooth fade in/out with ENB?

Hi,

I'm trying to make more immersive type of sleeping scene, but stuck with making the screen fade out and fade in.

I know I should use image space modifiers for that, but they don't work with most of ENBs, if I'm not mistaken.

I tried to mix them with 'Game.FadeOutGame', but I couldn't find any reliable method to hold the black out state after the fade out. I'm not even sure if the function is latent or not, like Utility.Wait because it seems to run pretty randomly in my tests.

I even thought about temporarily turning off ENB with 'Input.TapKey' but it seems that it only applies to in-game key bindings.

So, I tried call 'ts' and 'setfog 0 1' right before the fade out finishes, but I simply cannot determine the right moment to do that.

For some reason, if I call 'Game.FadeOutGame(true, true, 0, 10.0)', then 'Utility.Wait(10.0)' followed by 'ts', I just get 10 seconds of fade out, and the screen goes back to normal instantly, then the sky goes off after another 10 seconds.

On the other hand, if I tweak the wait time to something like '3.0', it overlaps with the fade out, but not exactly. I'm not even sure if it will work consistently over different setups, because 3.0 feels like some magic number to me.

I'm sorry for the long ramblings, but does anyone knows better method for implementing fade out/hold/fade-in with ENB?

Or is there any way I could turn ENB off from Papyrus?

Thanks!

Archived