Desperate For Stable Play and Sexlab Fun

CarmelPop12

I feel like I am taking over this forum with my issues. I will take a look at both your posts Wolfborg and Carmel and do my best to get this worked out. Thank you all for you help. I feel much better about dealing with overwrites now. :)

Hey your fine if you need help you need help. 

Those files came from your UNSUCCESSFUL FNIS run. A successful would have created more files but I think you've got the gist of it. Watch that indicator in MO telling you that you have problems to resolve and remember that you will always have files after running certain utilities like FNIS.

If you use the CK and recompile a script you'll always find empty folders in the Overwrite folder.

The thing to remember about empty folders is that they are SAFE TO REMOVE. They are an indication that whatever ran created temporary files during the run in those folders but cleaned up those temporary files.

Now you need to make sure you get no warnings or errors when you run FNIS because some warnings are indications of failed runs.

Error 9 with fnis? Elaborate more? Wait, did you set it up as an Executable?

SKSE register custom should be easy to install. Just install it and it will work. Provided SKSE is setup correctly with mod organizer ( There is a section in the step guide that tells you exactly how to setup SKSE with MO )

I noticed you didn't mention me when you said you feel much better about dealing with overwrites <,< .... it's ok ...Sniff... I don't care....*wipes eyes*

All kidding aside, I am willing to help anyone who needs it so that they can enjoy the game the way they want. I wouldn't be able to if people didn't do the same for me so ... I am paying it forward ^.^,  With that said... I will now check out more posts here and see if  I can provide answers!

EDIT: Right, so that all my posts deliver some useful information I have some tidbits for you ....

1. Never run MO in Admin mode. Honestly I am not sure why but I have seen that it can bork stuff and its plastered everywhere so ..ya.. Don't lol.

2. Do not run Steam in Admin mode if you plan to launch SKSE because often times SKSE won't have the privileges ( as steam is now marked  admin mode) to open it properly and you will end up with the skyrim launcher opening instead.  There are workarounds if you insist on having steam opened with admin but ....frankly it isn't needed ^.^

Error 9 with fnis? Elaborate more? Wait, did you set it up as an Executable?

SKSE register custom should be easy to install. Just install it and it will work. Provided SKSE is setup correctly with mod organizer ( There is a section in the step guide that tells you exactly how to setup SKSE with MO )

I noticed you didn't mention me when you said you feel much better about dealing with overwrites <,< .... it's ok ...Sniff... I don't care....*wipes eyes*

All kidding aside, I am willing to help anyone who needs it so that they can enjoy the game the way they want. I wouldn't be able to if people didn't do the same for me so ... I am paying it forward ^.^,  With that said... I will now check out more posts here and see if  I can provide answers!

EDIT: Right, so that all my posts deliver some useful information I have some tidbits for you ....

1. Never run MO in Admin mode. Honestly I am not sure why but I have seen that it can bork stuff and its plastered everywhere so ..ya.. Don't lol.

2. Do not run Steam in Admin mode if you plan to launch SKSE because often times SKSE won't have the privileges ( as steam is now marked  admin mode) to open it properly and you will end up with the skyrim launcher opening instead.  There are workarounds if you insist on having steam opened with admin but ....frankly it isn't needed ^.^

I noticed you didn't mention me when you said you feel much better about dealing with overwrites <,< .... it's ok ...Sniff... I don't care....*wipes eyes* Sorry I've been mostly fixing on my end or was that directed toward Mal? Thank you by the way.

I was just asking I have no errors with the custom animations file it just installed in my left section with the name skse so I was wondering if it need to be merged or renamed.

Okay Okay I just have to say I totally love you guys I've been going in a testing things as I go and fixing as I go and omg I might actually finally be able to play my damn game for once lol! :):D All thanks to you thank you so much! I'm going to take a short break and be back later with the results!

No, it doesn't need to be merged, I wouldn't merge it actually in case for some odd reason you want to turn it off. 

Yea lol it was directed at Mal, all in fun, honest.  I don't care if I get a thank you or not as long as you guys can get the game working. Skyrim fully modded has had me coming back for years and its the only game to do so, and I want others to enjoy it too ^.^ But ... since I did get a thank you lol .. You are welcome! :D

I take it the game is running ok now for you Carmel?

Edit: per my every post needs to be useful agenda.....

1. IF you mod things HEAVILY and I mean heavily then you will eventually need Crash Fixes. I also have a backup mod in case crash fixes doesn't restore your ability to load saves.

Backstory, Apparently every time a script is ran it leaves what is called a string in place... When a save reaches around 63k strings it becomes unstable, or corrupt and stops working. There are programs out there that can help reduce the string count BUT you kind of have to know how to use them .. There is also a patch specifically for Sexlab that is meant to reduce it's string count by a couple thousand. 

This is the thread with the sexlab patch to reduce string count... Post 452 by Markdf

For sexlab 1.62

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56588-corrupted-saves/page-23

Edit, Edit: You only need the patch from that link in post 452. The other thing is kind of the ultimate Save tool that works with Crash Fixes ( most save cleaners etc will stop working with crash fixes because crash fixes saves the string table in 32 bit instead of 16 bit. 

Apologies Carmel I should of mentioned you and I will do so here. Thank you for your assistance in helping me out with overwrites. :) As for the FNIS error 9 issue I got that resolved it was just a simple load order that was corrected. Right now I am up to 120ish mods and no overwrite notifications yet! Quite excited to see this game with a ENB for the first time.

LOL...Snicker..... You missed it by that much......

Anyway,  I am glad it is working out for you lol.  I am at 254 Mods active ( not counting non esp mods at the moment) because I turned off a tattoo pack...so I am lookin for some UUNP armors to fill that spot ^.^

Fizzybutt has so many mods in her game that I think she lost count >.> so it is possible to get it all in there lol...

Anyway,  I am glad it is working out for you lol.  I am at 254 Mods active ( not counting non esp mods at the moment) because I turned off a tattoo pack...so I am lookin for some UUNP armors to fill that spot ^.^

Fizzybutt has so many mods in her game that I think she lost count >.> so it is possible to get it all in there lol...

I think I got overwrites to work as when I move them to a specific folder made for them things work out fine but now I seem to be having an issue with stability. I can run the game fine. Make a character okay but once you complete your character (I use alternate start) it begins the loading of all the mods you installed. This is all normal but this time the game becomes very "fragile" as I need to wait for the mods to finish registering and I cant swing the camera around too quickly as it can cause the game to freeze. After the mods are all loaded it does a quick save and if I try to access the menus the game instantly crashes. :s

Well I figures one thing out time to go down the list to hopefully better stabilize the game.

Oh I use Loot to sort out my mods and ran FNIS after everything was installed and had no issues. I just need to find the troublemaker(s) I think. :s

Minor Update: Loading saves causes instant CTD's time to put on the gloves. lol

I think I got overwrites to work as when I move them to a specific folder made for them things work out fine but now I seem to be having an issue with stability. I can run the game fine. Make a character okay but once you complete your character (I use alternate start) it begins the loading of all the mods you installed. This is all normal but this time the game becomes very "fragile" as I need to wait for the mods to finish registering and I cant swing the camera around too quickly as it can cause the game to freeze. After the mods are all loaded it does a quick save and if I try to access the menus the game instantly crashes. :s

Well I figures one thing out time to go down the list to hopefully better stabilize the game.

Oh I use Loot to sort out my mods and ran FNIS after everything was installed and had no issues. I just need to find the troublemaker(s) I think. :s

*cough* check my sig for a save solution * Cough*

It can be more than just a mod issue. It can be ini tweaks are needed / not needed. and so forth.  I will assume though that you have an unstable mod for now, lol ....

Well I finally got a stable skyrim I played for 2 hours without any real issues. I'm laggy but eh old computer I've had it for 4 years now. Now I'd like to eventually get the hdt VAJ-EEN working lol (Archer ref.) Is that a pain in the ass to get working? SOS was for me :/

It can be more than just a mod issue. It can be ini tweaks are needed / not needed. and so forth.  I will assume though that you have an unstable mod for now, lol ....

Thanks for the future fixes in your sig. loves!

It's been pretty stable for me, granted I've only been using it a few days with Amorous Adventures.  One issue I did run into that I have no clue what happened was a persistent crash near Riverwood due to a missing nif file.  Unlike most crashes I encouter that are pretty random and unreproduceable, the nif crash happened every time at exactly the same area.

I reinstalled the skeleton, added the wearwolf skeleton just in case, reran FNIS multiple times, put them all at the bottom of my load order, etc and eventually the problem went away but I have no clue what caused it.  I am using the exact same mods and installed everything with the same settings as I had before.  All I can think of is maybe the skeleton mod failed to write one or more of the skeletons when I installed it and eventually succeeded.

I have noticed that a lot of the sex animations are positioned wrong for my character but I'm too lazy to try and tweak the positioning manually.  If there is a place where it says what settings to use for the positioning to be roughly correct by default that would be nice to know.  I wouldn't mind changing my character's height, etc so that the default animations are closer to being positioned correctly.

Thank you for your option and my issue seems to be something else along with your idea. Turns out I didn't even have a SKSE.ini and had to make one. I went through those steps and the game seems much more stable now. I can through inventory just fine now. :) Loading a saved game still working on that.

Thank you regardless.

Thank you for your option and my issue seems to be something else along with your idea. Turns out I didn't even have a SKSE.ini and had to make one. I went through those steps and the game seems much more stable now. I can through inventory just fine now. :) Loading a saved game still working on that.

Thank you regardless.

When you start the game and get to the load screen, open the console and enter "coc qasmoke" (sans quotes) and press enter.

Once that loading screen has finished, try loading the save game that refuses to load. If that works then you need the fixes listed here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56084-crash-fixes/

While that extra step makes unloadable save games usable, the fixes make those extra steps unnecessary.

Eh? Never did High heel sound install .... Link meh teh mod? I can take a look and see about a good way of installing it.   You don't have to have steam running when you add mods. The thing is.. MO and NMM might not install mods properly outright. The solution is of course downloading the files manually instead of using MO or NMM to download and install as an archive. 

if it is http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44487-heels-sound/ then yea.... I am not really knowledge-able on using TesVedit the way they say to. So I won't be much help there... sorry :(

On MO's side... you would want to have the sound located lower in the left panel and above the heels you changed ( the esp ) on the right panel.  You're essentially making the sound mod a master to whatever esp with heels you plan to change.

Mal - There are two perfectly working solutions in my SIG about loading saves. Crash Fixes which takes a little tweaking to get it to work and Game Load No Crash which is only a last resort because essentially your loading the save outside of the game and injecting back in to skyrim ( simple terms)

EDIT: Wax's link point's to crash Fixes as well, but here on LL, and might be better to use ... I am not sure how up to date the one on Nexus is and Crash Fixes was a product from a LL modder so it stands to reason Wax's link is the better choice ^.^   - After taking a look at both... The one Waxen point's to is WAY easier to read >.> go with it! ... * ponders changing his sig*

Klum - There is actually a tab in sexlab that lets you adjust your characters position.. Presumably in mid animation but I am not sure. I apologize for not knowing the exact name of the tab but I promise it IS there....

Back to Carmel - It really depends on the lag... Stuttering can be caused by not running in borderless window for instance ( or was it the reverse... Step mentions a tweak you can try to reduce stuttering and I can find it for you if that is the type of lag you mean )  

It can also be caused because you didn't adjust an ini to give more space to papyrus / scripts...  it could also be that your running too many 4k textures ( or 2k Textures if your G card is under 2gig vram). I suffer a stutter when I run around because I have a bit of grass that needs to load up lol so sometimes I run in to an area with no grass, stall for a second and BAM grass everywhere ... I bet there is a fix for it but honestly.. my game is running good otherwise and it is b-e-a-Utiful  so I am not going to fret over it.

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT : Wow I edited this post a lot.... There is also an alternative to WaxenFigure's suggestion. If you have Alternate Start - Live another life you can simply make a new character, let your mods fire up ( but don't adjust them in MCM ) and save. Then you can use that save to fire up your other saves. But like Wax said.. this is the bandaid fix, and Crash fixes can do a better job.

Thank you regardless.

When you start the game and get to the load screen, open the console and enter "coc qasmoke" (sans quotes) and press enter.

Once that loading screen has finished, try loading the save game that refuses to load. If that works then you need the fixes listed here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56084-crash-fixes/

While that extra step makes unloadable save games usable, the fixes make those extra steps unnecessary.

Before I was able to read your post I was able to fix my CTD when loading a save. Turns out it was a bad mod and removed it. That works fine now can access my inventory and was able to set up all my mods the way I want them in game so I decided to save and use the bed (Alternate Start) and as soon as I click the bed you head undressing sound and instant CTD.

Before I decided to post this issue I did some research and many people have this issue caused by a skeleton error. I went back and double checked my skeleton (Ran some tests) and still got it. Therefore I removed the skeleton mod, reinstalled and moved it to the bottom of my list to make sure it overwritten anything that could have caused conflict with the skeleton itself. It still CTD's. Im going to check a few other things to see what the issue could be.

Edit: As for Nefim's post I do just that. I wait for the mods to load in once my character is made until no popups occur. Then I tweak them all to the way I want them and save and make a backup save. I use this particular save to load up before loading my other games as sort of a buffer as in the past if you load into a game IE out in the wilderness it can be too much and cause your game to crash. Also as it can take a half hour to tweak all the mods I use this save as a way to skip all that even when I decide to make another character. :)

Update: Well progress is slow but I did happen to find out something. I can load saved game only if I load a save game that is missing a mod. When it gives you the warning icon indicating your game is missing a mod clicking ok will make the save load fine. If everything is there and I try to load the game crashes.

Hrm... I don't have that issue with crashing when using the bed.... Does it even make it to the loading screen?

Not sure HOW this could be the problem but did you run FNIS after you added any mods? 

is Alternate start near the bottom of the load order?

are you using alternate Start with Hearthfire support? I hear it needs multiple Adoptions mod ....

One thing you can do is load Alternate Start in Tes5edit and apply the conflict filter ... see if any other mod is causing problems with it. 

- No it does not even make it to the loading screen. Once you click the bed you hear the clothes changing sound it goes black for a fraction of a second and crashes

- I ran FNIS yes after any mod that involves animations and ran it again when removing any mods to rule it out.

- Alternate Start is at the bottom.

- I have all DLC and never had this issue with Hearthfire. I've used this mod many times in the past and it never gave me this problem.

- TES5Edit I seem to be having an issue with as well. It will begin its reference info at the bottom and get to about 51-52 seconds and then will stop. Waited 10 minutes to see if anything will change but it stays there.

ugh. This seems like a trivial problem with a even simpler solution but with modding any small thing can lead to big problems. :s

I mean, Alternate start with hearthfire support... It is the title of the mod lol . But I think that is the old one so it is kind of moot now..

Let's assume it is a skeleton / body issue. ( I know you said it isn't but ... better safe plus this gives us a starting point) 

IF it is the skeleton / body then it isn't just the skeleton you have to look at. Let's say for example, you install a bunch of UUNP HDT stuff but you forget to install a UUNP HDT body ... Now the focus here is that HDT Part....

IF the skeleton is missing HDT nodes then any armor that is placed on the skeleton should cause it to crash.  The thing is ... The skeleton can still BE HDT ( and installed right ) and you can still crash because the body meshes are not HDT.  Now oddly, I have used unp BBP fine with an HDT body and skeleton so ...ya... 

I am not sure what body / skeleton you are using so I am at a loss at this point what to recommend but a few things to keep in mind.

When installing the XPMSE skeleton ... ONLY install the HDT rig if your using HDT.  otherwise install the bbp options. Likewise, if you ARE using HDT then you want the one specifically labeled ( read the text in the left panel ) for HDT physics.  Otherwise it can cause issues like mentioned above.

Re-install your body mod too. 

Make sure there are no conflicts between the skeleton and other mods. 

Make sure there are no conflicts with your Body mod ... ( unless you know it won't mess with the HDT mesh ). There will be some conflicts here if you use things like.. seductive lisp... eye mods.. etc.. so this one is kind of tricky to pinpoint but the ideal is that the HDT body mesh remain unaltered. 

*Scratches head*

The only other thing that could be causing problems is there is a fragment of a mod somewhere that is preventing the alternate start from ...well..starting. But if your using MO then that shouldn't be the case... heck if your using NMM properly it shouldn't be the case. 

I mean, Alternate start with hearthfire support... It is the title of the mod lol . But I think that is the old one so it is kind of moot now..

Let's assume it is a skeleton / body issue. ( I know you said it isn't but ... better safe plus this gives us a starting point) 

IF it is the skeleton / body then it isn't just the skeleton you have to look at. Let's say for example, you install a bunch of UUNP HDT stuff but you forget to install a UUNP HDT body ... Now the focus here is that HDT Part....

IF the skeleton is missing HDT nodes then any armor that is placed on the skeleton should cause it to crash.  The thing is ... The skeleton can still BE HDT ( and installed right ) and you can still crash because the body meshes are not HDT.  Now oddly, I have used unp BBP fine with an HDT body and skeleton so ...ya... 

I am not sure what body / skeleton you are using so I am at a loss at this point what to recommend but a few things to keep in mind.

When installing the XPMSE skeleton ... ONLY install the HDT rig if your using HDT.  otherwise install the bbp options. Likewise, if you ARE using HDT then you want the one specifically labeled ( read the text in the left panel ) for HDT physics.  Otherwise it can cause issues like mentioned above.

Re-install your body mod too. 

Make sure there are no conflicts between the skeleton and other mods. 

Make sure there are no conflicts with your Body mod ... ( unless you know it won't mess with the HDT mesh ). There will be some conflicts here if you use things like.. seductive lisp... eye mods.. etc.. so this one is kind of tricky to pinpoint but the ideal is that the HDT body mesh remain unaltered. 

*Scratches head*

The only other thing that could be causing problems is there is a fragment of a mod somewhere that is preventing the alternate start from ...well..starting. But if your using MO then that shouldn't be the case... heck if your using NMM properly it shouldn't be the case. 

I tend to use a body build similar to yours. When installing the skeleton I use HDT and the UNPB body installer. Then use the Working Vagina mod for skin textures and working vagina but dont install the skeletons in that mod since I have my own set up. I'll try again and see what happens.

Oh! TES5Edit finished! Took 14 minutes lol

Archived