Desperate For Stable Play and Sexlab Fun

CarmelPop12

I feel really stupid right now I don't think that your nesting is a problem. :( http://i.imgur.com/ZDgdSbG.png

I always filter with no groups.

Omg your right about the filtering wow I could have saved myself so much time lol. Oh well that's how we learn right? I thought I was doing something wrong. So I can probably just add straight from my nmm back up folder and be just fine.

Well I'm going to keep proceeding the way I was going and test as I go from here. I will let you know how it turns out.

In the middle picture the files circled in red are not nested. I don't think that blacktalon armor has an esm associated with it.  I believe that explains the gray writing.

On the right hand photo.  the files circled in red are clearly nested and shouldn't be so.  

I am going to download the aradia mods and see if they do nest for me.  I really don't think they should ( I don't know thus the test)  can't test it since the modder took the outfits off of the Nexus .  I will have to search for instances of nesting on MO over the net.  back in a little

If you want aradia kato I have all three files. Main bra patch and corset patch 

If you want aradia kato I have all three files. Main bra patch and corset patch 

Thanks for the offer.  I still have plenty of other clothing mods to try out.  Plus I figure if he took the files down then he isn't interested in having them passed around.

If there was a scarcity of mods, I would probably not be so strict about the ethics.  It is funny how that works.

That same downloads folder that I mentioned is like a hopper for loading all of the mods into Mod Organizer.  I would think that most of the mods on Steam could be found in Nexus Mods.  I did use LP Bards off of Steam, and it got placed in the Skyrim\Data folder like a manual install.  It will show up on the Mod Organizer as an unmanaged mod just like the DLC's.

That same downloads folder that I mentioned is like a hopper for loading all of the mods into Mod Organizer.

Explain what a hopper is I'm a computer idiot mostly lol. My husband doesn't seem to think so but I feel like a moron.

So what your saying is I should grab all of the files I want to use and copy them over to downloads folder?

A hopper is like the feed on a woodchipper where you place the tree branches.

So what your saying is I should grab all of the files I want to use and copy them over to downloads folder?

Exactly!

After they are in the downloads folder you an then install the mods under the downloads tab.  
I would only recommend putting 5 files in at a time and installing and testing the game before adding 5 more mods.

This lets you see if something isn't going to work,and you can pull out the last 5 mods installed and test them 1 at a time.

also before you run and test the mods you will want to run loot for your load order and run finis if any of the files comes with any annimations.  you will want to have these applications in the tools bar of MO.  I will try to find some links to passable videos for this.

I found a good start.  You will want to pause and rewind since he goes a little fast.  

How would I fix something like this so I have a green install? Another question too sorry to be a pain. But I was watching a tutorial on installing fnis in mo and the guy has his mo directory in his steam app mine is in my programs x86 is this going to be an issue because when I play tested earlier it didn't seem to matter.

post-381909-0-54261100-1481951318_thumb.png

This is the kind of mod that you will want to combine with another mod.  I would pick a clothing mod that has already worked for you and unzip a copy onto your desk top.  then unzip Night Angle and copy it to the first mod that you unzipped.  I would do this at the " Calliente Tools" level.  Zip it up and rename the zipped mod to indicate the combined status.  put the new mod in the downloads folder and uncheck the original mod and test it out to see if the new clothing is available in game.

Ok time for me to offer my two cents :

The angel file that says no Data at top level is a body slide setup.  You can do as suggested above OR you can open up your Bodyslide mod by right clicking and selecting open in explorer, then unzip the angel archive ( either on desktop or elsewhere) and drag in to the Bodyslide mod.  All that file is doing is adding sliders so this should be fine to add directly to the body slide mod.  alternatively you can choose IGNORE when installing ( knowing that there is no data in the top directory ) and continue installing.  As long as it matches the body slide directories bodyslide will still see it so it's still good.  This is handy in case you want to remove the sliders later.

You had a question about if MO would recognize CBBE conversions.... MO doesn't care....

Let me explain.  When you do a conversion of anything you are essentially replacing the mesh with another mesh with the preferred body. Let's use Bodyslide generation as an example.

Let's say you just ran Bodyslide and, using UUNP sliders converted CBBE stuff to your UUNP body.... If it is the first time you ran bodyslide it will Kick the new meshes to the overwrite folder. right click, create new mod name it ..bodyslide output. Now you have Meshes that match your body and as long as they are lower in the left pane than the CBBE file it will be UUNP... just what you wanted. Bodyslide doesn't replace the original meshes so if the CBBE file get's lower than the new meshes the armor would be CBBE again... Also, from now on when you run bodyslide it will use that folder as an output for stuff you already made... I.E I want to redo my UUNP stuff... then it will replace the meshes in my bodyslide output folder automatically and anything I haven't made a mesh for before... will continue to land in the overwrite area.

Essentially, On the left panel, The lower the mod the more likely the mod's files will be used over those above it. 

Hope I didn't confuse you. MO doesn't decide what files to use, you do by how you place them. 

I also can't recommend Crash Fixes enough. Fizzy pointed me in the direction of it and I am glad she did. I do use the memory allocator but I haven't played more than like 20 minutes to see if I crash lol.

Edit: Right so I just saw a question about what Merge / Replace means when installing.

Merge simply means that it will overwrite the files that are the same but keep the rest... usually the best idea when adding hot fixes etc to stuff.. ( sometimes even when updating if the mod author says just to drop in directory and overwrite existing files)  Merge is the option to pick if you are applying patches and hotfixes.

Replace... Replace means that it will Delete the old mod and use ONLY the files in the current install  you are performing.  Usually if you are replacing a mod with a new version and the other says " Uninstall the old mod completely".  Out with the old, In with the new. 

EDIT EDIT : I noticed in the video that he didn't cover the racemenu morphs. If you use racemenu morphs than you can click a box next to batch build in bodyslide to make it so that you can actually adjust the armor in game  ( or in my experience so that the armor automatically conforms to the shape of whatever slider presets I am using in game). what the ticked box does is create TRI files for the armors being made which allows racemenu to adjust them on the fly in game. 

I have only had success with using only CBBE or UUNP one at a time. You will have to ask someone else that is more savy about body textures than myself. (They shouldn't be too hard to find)

I when I get home, I need to do an experiment to see if the mod is still in the downloads folder when it is removed from the left hand side of MO. I am pretty sure that the file stays preserved and untouched in the downloads folder. That gives you an automatic backup in its self.

That is part of what makes MO so nice. I love having the ability to easily remove mods without touching any of the other mods.

Figured this would deserve its own post so here goes.

IF you download directly from say skyrim nexus using MO as a downloader then yes.. sort of... It should be in a download folder in MO. If you install it as an archive then no... once you remove it from the left panel then its gone. You can reinstall it as long as you haven't deleted the original archive file you installed from but if you had... then the mod is gone for good. 

Hope that cleared it up and if it has been answered, sorry for answering again.

Ok time for me to offer my two cents :

The angel file that says no Data at top level is a body slide setup.  You can do as suggested above OR you can open up your Bodyslide mod by right clicking and selecting open in explorer, then unzip the angel archive ( either on desktop or elsewhere) and drag in to the Bodyslide mod.  All that file is doing is adding sliders so this should be fine to add directly to the body slide mod.  alternatively you can choose IGNORE when installing ( knowing that there is no data in the top directory ) and continue installing.  As long as it matches the body slide directories bodyslide will still see it so it's still good.  This is handy in case you want to remove the sliders later.

You had a question about if MO would recognize CBBE conversions.... MO doesn't care....

Let me explain.  When you do a conversion of anything you are essentially replacing the mesh with another mesh with the preferred body. Let's use Bodyslide generation as an example.

Let's say you just ran Bodyslide and, using UUNP sliders converted CBBE stuff to your UUNP body.... If it is the first time you ran bodyslide it will Kick the new meshes to the overwrite folder. right click, create new mod name it ..bodyslide output. Now you have Meshes that match your body and as long as they are lower in the left pane than the CBBE file it will be UUNP... just what you wanted. Bodyslide doesn't replace the original meshes so if the CBBE file get's lower than the new meshes the armor would be CBBE again... Also, from now on when you run bodyslide it will use that folder as an output for stuff you already made... I.E I want to redo my UUNP stuff... then it will replace the meshes in my bodyslide output folder automatically and anything I haven't made a mesh for before... will continue to land in the overwrite area.

Essentially, On the left panel, The lower the mod the more likely the mod's files will be used over those above it. 

Hope I didn't confuse you. MO doesn't decide what files to use, you do by how you place them. 

I also can't recommend Crash Fixes enough. Fizzy pointed me in the direction of it and I am glad she did. I do use the memory allocator but I haven't played more than like 20 minutes to see if I crash lol.

Edit: Right so I just saw a question about what Merge / Replace means when installing.

Merge simply means that it will overwrite the files that are the same but keep the rest... usually the best idea when adding hot fixes etc to stuff.. ( sometimes even when updating if the mod author says just to drop in directory and overwrite existing files)  Merge is the option to pick if you are applying patches and hotfixes.

Replace... Replace means that it will Delete the old mod and use ONLY the files in the current install  you are performing.  Usually if you are replacing a mod with a new version and the other says " Uninstall the old mod completely".  Out with the old, In with the new. 

Awesome I'll try this tomorrow in the morning its late here like 1 I just got everything greened in loot so I'm going to test my game tomorrow than I try this.

Thank you so much! I'll let you know how it went!

Posted my load order (Like I said most of these mods I've used in my games I've had stable runs with but then again most of what I use is armor or clothing. Since I'm limited with my computer. Its not the same load order per say as from earlier but its close I switch some armor and clothing out and pulled in aos and wet cold back I missed those. I was going to try a game without them with sexlab to see how much better it would run but eh. I'll let everyone know how It goes tomorrow! LOVES Thank you all for your help. If I have anymore problems tomorrow I guess you'll hear from me lol hopefully not.

0  0 Skyrim.esm
  1  1 Update.esm
  2  2 Dawnguard.esm
  3  3 HearthFires.esm
  4  4 Dragonborn.esm
  5  5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6 Falskaar.esm
  7  7 Wyrmstooth.esp
  8  8 hdtHighHeel.esm
  9  9 ApachiiHair.esm
 10  a ApachiiHairFemales.esm
 11  b ApachiiHairMales.esm
 12  c OSA.esm
 13  d SexLab.esm
 14  e SexLabAroused.esm
 15  f Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 16 10 RaceCompatibility.esm
 17 11 Heels Sound.esm
 18 12 HighResTexturePack01.esp
 19 13 HighResTexturePack02.esp
 20 14 HighResTexturePack03.esp
 21 15 crystalbowandarrow.esp
 22 16 SkyUI.esp
 23 17 Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
 24 18 FNIS.esp
 25 19 RaceMenu.esp
 26 1a RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 27 1b dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
 28 1c SOSRaceMenu.esp
 29 1d XPMSE.esp
 30 1e KS Hairdo's.esp
 31 1f Headtracking.esp
 32 20 Cherrypie.esp
 33 21 SexLabStatsManipulator.esp
 34 22 SexLab Approach.esp
 35 23 Blush When Aroused.esp
 36 24 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 37 25 SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 38 26 SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
 39 27 SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 40 28 FloppySOS.esp
 41 29 MBWSAmalia.esp
 42 2a Aradia Kato Outfit.esp
 43 2b Aradia Naughty Lingerie.esp
 44 2c azelfollower.esp
 45 2d BlackMagic 1-4.esp
 46 2e Strap.esp
 47 2f BlacktalonArmorV11UNP.esp
 48 30 BloodthirstVampireFeeding.esp
 49 31 BFSEffects.esp
 50 32 Convenient Horses.esp
 51 33 Exhaustion.esp
 52 34 Feminine Females.esp
 53 35 LFArmors.esp
 54 36 Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp
 55 37 Witch Of The Wild.esp
 56 38 VindictusDevilHunter.esp
 57 39 VindictusMixRobes.esp
 58 3a Volkihar Knight.esp
 59 3b ArtemisiaArmor.esp
 60 3c Vath.esp
 61 3d NS_NobleDress.esp
 62 3e blackandgoldrobe.esp
 63 3f UNP Spice Gear.esp
 64 40 Ranger Outfit.esp
 65 41 Mystic Enchantress.esp
 66 42 UNP High Heels.esp
 67 43 [NINI]BlessMD3001.esp
 68 44 [NINI]GothaRensa.esp
 69 45 [NINI]Karlstein.esp
 70 46 [NINI]Kokoro.esp
 71 47 [NINI]Sister.esp
 72 48 XXCleadHH.esp
 73 49 Zhumoyi.esp
 74 4a adventureroutfit.esp
 75 4b XXsandrineHH.esp
 76 4c AsharaPrinceOfTheWoods.esp
 77 4d Battlemage_Armory.esp
 78 4e BerserkJudeauArmor.esp
 79 4f LightBows.esp
 80 50 lilithssickle.esp
 81 51 KURESE Gloria conversion.esp
 82 52 Katarina.esp
 83 53 NS_HuntingGroundsOutfit.esp
 84 54 AsharaImperialOutfit.esp
 85 55 K2 HDT Boots.esp
 86 56 ShadowCatArmor.esp
 87 57 XiNafay - Shoes.esp
 88 58 HAnimations.esp
 89 59 GoToBed - Hearthfire coffins fix.esp
 90 5a GoToBed.esp
 91 5b Gim Boots.esp
 92 5c FollowerWander2.esp
 93 5d Archer's.esp
 94 5e CrimsonTwilightArmor.esp
 95 5f DA2 Bethany Robes.esp
 96 60 FlemethArmor.esp
 97 61 DeathRobes.esp
 98 62 DemonHunterArmor.esp
 99 63 DemonHunter_Scarf.esp
100 64 DemonHunterV2armor.esp
101 65 DF_T19.esp
102 66 DF_T33.esp
103 67 [NINI]BlessMD0007.esp
104 68 Bikini-MTM.esp
105 69 DreamBurrowPatchWorkMaiden.esp
106 6a DreamBurrowsRegalHuntsmanArmor.esp
107 6b DreamBurrowsSageOutfit.esp
108 6c DreamBurrowsRegalAssassin.esp
109 6d DungeonExplorer.esp
110 6e EC Clothes.esp
111 6f EliteRogueArmour.esp
112 70 ElvenScout.esp
113 71 Elvenia.esp
114 72 Travel Attire.esp
115 73 Mary Follower.esp
116 74 FollowerWander2_635_IdlesAddon.esp
117 75 moveit.esp
118 76 LeiFangAndChristieByNausicaa.esp
119 77 MHeroesS2EP2Nighthowk.esp
120 78 NobleWeddingDressByUrshi.esp
121 79 NDlifeguard.esp
122 7a Northgirl.esp
123 7b Omegared99-GalleryOfArmor.esp
124 7c PulleysButterfly.esp
125 7d QueensArmory.esp
126 7e RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
127 7f RippedBodySuit.esp
128 80 ScarletDawnArmor.esp
129 81 Sexy Armor Package.esp
130 82 Glowing Vampire Eyes.esp
131 83 Glowing Eyes.esp
132 84 SleekSteel_StandAlone.esp
133 85 SPS - Sexlab Position Selector.esp
134 86 Tera Val Tirkai - UNPB BBP.esp
135 87 DeadlyAssassin.esp
136 88 HearthfireMoveKidsfix.esp
137 89 zzArmormashups.esp
138 8a Dalight.esp
139 8b calyps-investigator.esp
140 8c WetandCold.esp
141 8d AOS.esp
142 8e dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
143 8f dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
144 90 dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
145 91 Lost Magic.esp
146 92 RealisticWaterTwo.esp
147 93 RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp
148 94 Bishop.esp
149 95 w2salem.esp
150 96 Holidays.esp
151 97 LostLongSwords.esp
152 98 RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
153 99 EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp
154 9a Inigo.esp
155 9b Sexual Vampire Feed.esp
156 9c RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
157 9d Rayan.esp
158 9e Darrow.esp
159 9f SofiaFollower.esp
160 a0 RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp
161 a1 RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
162 a2 SpousesEnhanced.esp
163 a3 ForgottenMagic.esp
164 a4 FollowerLivePackage.esp
165 a5 RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
166 a6 Unique Horse Textures.esp
167 a7 PaladinArtifactsAndArmor.esp
168 a8 Horses for followers.esp
169 a9 Vampire Skin Color Fix.esp
170 aa RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
171 ab Equipping Overhaul.esp
172 ac R18pn - lingerie Set.esp
173 ad FNISspells.esp
174 ae TheLily.esp
175 af LustmordVampireArmor.esp
176 b0 Convenient Horse Herding.esp
177 b1 dovahkiinrelax.esp
178 b2 flavirfollower.esp
179 b3 Battlemage Armour.esp
180 b4 Neo's Lei Fang & Christie.esp
181 b5 LB Lady Keaira.esp
182 b6 Inner Suit.esp
183 b7 Osare Culort Outfit.esp
184 b8 GDZZJJDH.esp
185 b9 Draconic Bloodline.esp
186 ba Elewin Pumps 2.esp
187 bb Follow me for Sex.esp
188 bc MeekoHuskyEssential.esp
189 bd _MagicRunes.esp
190 be VR_Tannick.esp
191 bf RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
192 c0 SC_NobleDresses.esp
193 c1 SuccubusRaceLite.esp
194 c2 The Unclaimed Delivery.esp
195 c3 FarysFollower.esp
196 c4 Lex.esp
197 c5 EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp
198 c6 SpousesEnhanced_Vilja.esp
       AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
       AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp
199 c7 WetandCold - Ashes.esp
200 c8 Black Viper's Will.esp
201 c9 Fallen Angel armor.esp
202 ca Realistic Weapon Positions.esp
       AOS_Reduced_Reverb_Addon.esp

I have been modding Skyrim for almost 5 years now. When I first started it would take me days to get things the way I wanted and I learned through trial and excruciating painful error. Now when motivated it can take me about 3-4 hours to get the majority of everything set up. I now have a powerhouse computer and cant wait to try the game out with ENBs and massive graphical enhancers. My laptop I used prior could not handle it.

In that time though I never figured out overwrites and how they work. I think it has something to do with combining mod folders in MO to avoid conflicts? I watched videos and tutorials on it but it always seems to go over my head. When I start the modding process of my game again I will probably cram into figuring this out as I want my first Skyrim play through on my new PC to be the most stable.

Just a word of warning, While it is good to clean everything some mods will actually BREAK if you clean them.  Usually the Mod author will mention it if it does but not always. I usually only clean if I can confirm that doing so will not break the mod.  If you clean The DLCS I recommend following the Step guide to do it.  http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2 AND never ever clean skyrim.esm lol.

I have been modding Skyrim for almost 5 years now. When I first started it would take me days to get things the way I wanted and I learned through trial and excruciating painful error. Now when motivated it can take me about 3-4 hours to get the majority of everything set up. I now have a powerhouse computer and cant wait to try the game out with ENBs and massive graphical enhancers. My laptop I used prior could not handle it.

In that time though I never figured out overwrites and how they work. I think it has something to do with combining mod folders in MO to avoid conflicts? I watched videos and tutorials on it but it always seems to go over my head. When I start the modding process of my game again I will probably cram into figuring this out as I want my first Skyrim play through on my new PC to be the most stable.

Not actually....

MO will put any Generated file  in the Overwrites folder.  For example, You run fNis it will end up in the overwrites section ...  

Basically, as long as a file resides in that area... it will Trump ANYTHING Always. Which is bad because overwrites section is shared between ALL profiles of MO. 

if something goes in to the overwrite folder it is MO way of saying " err... This was newly created and I have no clue what the heck to do with it ...so Ima just let it take priority over everything else unless you do somethin about it"

It is possible to get files in the overwrite folder while playing as well. Save a preset in racemenu? it goes to the overwrite folder. IT goes there because MO will not modify or change anything directly so it doesn't know where to stick it ...so it goes in to overwrite.

I always create mods out of my overwrite section ... FNIS output, DSR output, Bodyslide output, SKSE MISC output. I do this for all my profiles.

Think of it as a transaction pending area where you need to stick it in a mod or create a mod so that it is placed properly in your load order.

MO will never combine any folders etc.  Now if  you merge mods, then yea.... thats different, and has nothing to do with MO in and of itself. 

Edit: And if I misunderstood you then I apologize in advance. 

Not actually....

MO will put any Generated file  in the Overwrites folder.  For example, You run fNis it will end up in the overwrites section ...  

Basically, as long as a file resides in that area... it will Trump ANYTHING Always. Which is bad because overwrites section is shared between ALL profiles of MO. 

if something goes in to the overwrite folder it is MO way of saying " err... This was newly created and I have no clue what the heck to do with it ...so Ima just let it take priority over everything else unless you do somethin about it"

It is possible to get files in the overwrite folder while playing as well. Save a preset in racemenu? it goes to the overwrite folder. IT goes there because MO will not modify or change anything directly so it doesn't know where to stick it ...so it goes in to overwrite.

I always create mods out of my overwrite section ... FNIS output, DSR output, Bodyslide output, SKSE MISC output. I do this for all my profiles.

Think of it as a transaction pending area where you need to stick it in a mod or create a mod so that it is placed properly in your load order.

MO will never combine any folders etc.  Now if  you merge mods, then yea.... thats different, and has nothing to do with MO in and of itself. 

Edit: And if I misunderstood you then I apologize in advance. 

Thank you for the response. You told me what overwrites do in a way my derp mind can understand. I just need to understand how to work them and sort it out so that dumb error button on the top right tell me that there are overwrites to be managed. I watched a tutorial and the guide talked about merging folders. I think that's where my thoughts came from on what overwrites were.

Right click the word Overwrites at the bottom of the left panel ... Create mod allows you to make it in to a spiffy new mod ^.^ or you can double click it and it will bring up a window with the files and you can then drag it in to another mod ( that you have right clicked and chose open in Explorer )  I guess I was kind of wrong because this IS a form of merging but your actually doing it not MO so ... I am still right? I dunno lol. 

As an example, I have FNIS output which is a mod I created from the overwrites by right clicking it after I ran FNIS. Now every time I run FNIS I have to double click the overwrites so that it brings up the window with the files listed ( in nested Hierarchy fashion ) and then I right click FNIS output ( which I try and keep at the bottom of my Left panel) and click open in Explorer. Usually the file structure is the same so its as simple as dragging the files from the Overwrites in to the FNIS output opened in explorer and I am done. 

As for the random SKSE files that pop up while I am playing... SKSE MISC output is where I stick every single one of them skse files lol. Usually its just a saved preset or something creatiing a Json Utility file so it wont be overwritten regardless of load order in the left panel and I hate cluttering my panel because of one single file so I usually don't create a mod from it. But that is me...

I am glad I am helping ... I tend to confuse people so if you get confused just let me know and I will try and explain differently ^.^

Right click the word Overwrites at the bottom of the left panel ... Create mod allows you to make it in to a spiffy new mod ^.^ or you can double click it and it will bring up a window with the files and you can then drag it in to another mod ( that you have right clicked and chose open in Explorer )  I guess I was kind of wrong because this IS a form of merging but your actually doing it not MO so ... I am still right? I dunno lol. 

As an example, I have FNIS output which is a mod I created from the overwrites by right clicking it after I ran FNIS. Now every time I run FNIS I have to double click the overwrites so that it brings up the window with the files listed ( in nested Hierarchy fashion ) and then I right click FNIS output ( which I try and keep at the bottom of my Left panel) and click open in Explorer. Usually the file structure is the same so its as simple as dragging the files from the Overwrites in to the FNIS output opened in explorer and I am done. 

As for the random SKSE files that pop up while I am playing... SKSE MISC output is where I stick every single one of them skse files lol. Usually its just a saved preset or something creatiing a Json Utility file so it wont be overwritten regardless of load order in the left panel and I hate cluttering my panel because of one single file so I usually don't create a mod from it. But that is me...

I am glad I am helping ... I tend to confuse people so if you get confused just let me know and I will try and explain differently ^.^

I will need to try this out the next time I mod Skyrim for sure. I will let you know the results. :)

I will need to try this out the next time I mod Skyrim for sure. I will let you know the results. :)

When it asks you for a NAME for the "mod" you are creating from the overwrite files you need to consider a few things.

If the files are specific to your current profile, make sure the name you give them includes a reference to the profile they are for.

If the files are something you want across all profiles, consider merging them into the mod they go with so they will be available for all profiles using that mod. If you create a new mod, you'll have to remember to enable that new mod in all profiles that need it otherwise.

If you use only one profile though, then things are simpler.

When it asks you for a NAME for the "mod" you are creating from the overwrite files you need to consider a few things.

If the files are specific to your current profile, make sure the name you give them includes a reference to the profile they are for.

If the files are something you want across all profiles, consider merging them into the mod they go with so they will be available for all profiles using that mod. If you create a new mod, you'll have to remember to enable that new mod in all profiles that need it otherwise.

If you use only one profile though, then things are simpler.

Thank you for the heads up. I usually only stick to one profile to make things more simpler. :)

Update: Well I got my first overwrite and it was when I had to sort my XP32 Skeleton to the bottom right after Sexlab framework and the needs attention icon came up. I double clicked on overwrites and inside showed a file: "Tools // GenerateFNIS_for_Users // Mypatches.txt & Temporary_Logs // Skeleton.xml skeleton.hkx and GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt

This is where things start to get confusing to me. It states I can drag/drop files and directories to regular mods but I am not sure where to place these files in the overwrite to stop the conflict.

I apologize. You think I would know this by now but this is the only thing from using MO I dont understand yet. :s

Yeah I used to have it down to a science I know this sounds slow compared to you but I'd have everything good to go in 2 days (Have kids)

Just a word of warning, While it is good to clean everything some mods will actually BREAK if you clean them.  Usually the Mod author will mention it if it does but not always. I usually only clean if I can confirm that doing so will not break the mod.  If you clean The DLCS I recommend following the Step guide to do it.  http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2 AND never ever clean skyrim.esm lol.

Thanks for the reminder. Much appreciated!

Not sure what those files are.  Right clicking them will allow you to open it up and see if it is just a log file or if they are more.

From the location and title it might be a reminder that you should run FNIS.

You don't actually place anything IN the overwrite. You take them out of it. It is a one way street ....

if you are unsure if you should delete those files or hang on to them I would right click, create mod, and name it something like FNIS Log files - Profile name.

And then run FNIS and create a mod ( if you haven't already ) called FNIS output - profile name and place it directly after the above mod. 

It took me a week to get my mods ....because I kept adding to it... 

I ran into a problem in mo in how I installed my skse so here's a link back so if anyone else has the same question they get the immediate fix I did http://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Script_Extender

But I do have a question here for this mod http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2254-skse-register-custom-animation-events/

Can I just install this normally or do I have to do anything special like I did with skse installation?

EDIT:  Shit I folled what it told me too and I'm getting this.

EDIT 2: Fixed it no worries I forgot to map it in the configure / modify executables tab.

post-381909-0-53417300-1482006360_thumb.png

I also figured out on accident how to use a base body armor mod and conversion file I have a cbbe asker sandrine and converted it to uunp by installing the cbbe first using name asker then installing uunp on top of it using the same name in the directory tab so I don't get any red conflicts in the data section of the right hand side.

Not sure what those files are.  Right clicking them will allow you to open it up and see if it is just a log file or if they are more.

You don't actually place anything IN the overwrite. You take them out of it. It is a one way street ....

if you are unsure if you should delete those files or hang on to them I would right click, create mod, and name it something like FNIS Log files - Profile name.

And then run FNIS and create a mod ( if you haven't already ) called FNIS output - profile name and place it directly after the above mod. 

These files appeared when I ran FNIS. I think I now understand what you mean but I am now having a error 9 with FNIS. When it rains it pours... :s

These files appeared when I ran FNIS. I think I now understand what you mean but I am now having a error 9 with FNIS. When it rains it pours... :s

This saved my ass big time! 

without the steam dependency. [---] http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42183/?

With the help of that guide I succeeded in downloading the 3 mods I wanted from Steam. Along the way I found this:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Steam_Workshop_Mod_Installation

It makes it even easier.

Awesome I going to have to give that a try when i'm done mucking about with these other things. I had heard you could do and knew you could but never tried it yet. I'm looking forward to it! I'm glad it worked out for you! I've gotta do that with the marriage and hearthfire fix along with ashes bow from league now lol! I'm a little nervous with the first to having never really actually created a mod past a replace main menu song so I'm sure it'll be difficult with the first two since they have many other archives in the data section. Armors I would think would be easy since texture meshes and esp esm bsa or whatever

Archived