Desperate For Stable Play and Sexlab Fun

CarmelPop12

I am not sure what is happening since all of my files are on the same column.

I just have to ask to make sure.  Before installing your mods, do you put all of your ziped files in E:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\downloads?  It might be drive D: or E: for you.  

On the right hand side of Mod Organizer I use the downloads tab to install all of the mods.  As it looks now I think there should be around 60 mods under the downloads tab in your Mod Organizer. 

Drive C: local 

I haven't no I've been fishing them out of my nmm folder backup where I keep my huge assed database. And manually fixing them when it asks to. 

Its weird one armor called adventurer has a pant addon but the mail file is in the bad boys files tree while th epant add on in on its own.

Another question for you how do I handle steam mods with mod organizer if you have to run skyrim from mo?

Edit: Actually this is precisely why I have a hard time wanting to make the switch from nmm I have no qualms with nmm. You just don't want to uninstall stuff willy nilly. 

post-381909-0-56648000-1481869225_thumb.png

post-381909-0-84002400-1481869248_thumb.png

That same downloads folder that I mentioned is like a hopper for loading all of the mods into Mod Organizer.  I would think that most of the mods on Steam could be found in Nexus Mods.  I did use LP Bards off of Steam, and it got placed in the Skyrim\Data folder like a manual install.  It will show up on the Mod Organizer as an unmanaged mod just like the DLC's.

That same downloads folder that I mentioned is like a hopper for loading all of the mods into Mod Organizer.  I would think that most of the mods on Steam could be found in Nexus Mods.  I did use LP Bards off of Steam, and it got placed in the Skyrim\Data folder like a manual install.  It will show up on the Mod Organizer as an unmanaged mod just like the DLC's.

That same downloads folder that I mentioned is like a hopper for loading all of the mods into Mod Organizer.

Explain what a hopper is I'm a computer idiot mostly lol. My husband doesn't seem to think so but I feel like a moron.

So what your saying is I should grab all of the files I want to use and copy them over to downloads folder?

Drive C: local 

I haven't no I've been fishing them out of my nmm folder backup where I keep my huge assed database. And manually fixing them when it asks to. 

Its weird one armor called adventurer has a pant addon but the mail file is in the bad boys files tree while th epant add on in on its own.

Another question for you how do I handle steam mods with mod organizer if you have to run skyrim from mo?

Edit: Actually this is precisely why I have a hard time wanting to make the switch from nmm I have no qualms with nmm. You just don't want to uninstall stuff willy nilly. 

looking at the files it looked like you were trying to place most of the files directly into the Mods folder.  instead of letting MO put them in the Mods folder from the download folder.

That same downloads folder that I mentioned is like a hopper for loading all of the mods into Mod Organizer.

Explain what a hopper is I'm a computer idiot mostly lol. My husband doesn't seem to think so but I feel like a moron.

So what your saying is I should grab all of the files I want to use and copy them over to downloads folder?

A hopper is like the feed on a woodchipper where you place the tree branches.

Exactly!

After they are in the downloads folder you an then install the mods under the downloads tab.  
I would only recommend putting 5 files in at a time and installing and testing the game before adding 5 more mods.

This lets you see if something isn't going to work,and you can pull out the last 5 mods installed and test them 1 at a time.

also before you run and test the mods you will want to run loot for your load order and run finis if any of the files comes with any annimations.  you will want to have these applications in the tools bar of MO.  I will try to find some links to passable videos for this.

I found a good start.  You will want to pause and rewind since he goes a little fast.  

I would think that most of the mods on Steam could be found in Nexus Mods.  I did use LP Bards off of Steam, and it got placed in the Skyrim\Data folder like a manual install.  It will show up on the Mod Organizer as an unmanaged mod just like the DLC's.

Thanks for the warning. While testing hundreds of mods recently, I came across 3 mods that are only available on Steam. I've been thinking if I should do without them or test them after all. Now I think that if they would get physically installed into the Data folder, I'll rather not install them at all.

I'm on my 4th build now and I have become a little cavalier about adding and removing mods.  The first two rebuilds were a result of not using Mod Organizer.  The last rebuild is a result of wiping my computer when I thought a bum keyboard update by Asus was a virus.  Nope it wasn't a virus. (just sloppy work and nonexistent customer service on their part)  My keyboard is still not right and I haven't seen a fix on their site.  Their mistake got down into the bios.

I would think that most of the mods on Steam could be found in Nexus Mods.  I did use LP Bards off of Steam, and it got placed in the Skyrim\Data folder like a manual install.  It will show up on the Mod Organizer as an unmanaged mod just like the DLC's.

Thanks for the warning. While testing hundreds of mods recently, I came across 3 mods that are only available on Steam. I've been thinking if I should do without them or test them after all. Now I think that if they would get physically installed into the Data folder, I'll rather not install them at all.

If you know what you are doing like say its an easy armor mod I'd say botch the vanilla skyrim for the sake of grabbing the mod. Grab it and pack it just don't redistribute it without permission obviously. But I say this for the sake if you really want it you could grab it for your personal collection. I'm going to do that with ashes bow from league. When there are few changes its mega fast and easy to repair archive validation through steam. Doesn't take long. 

When I transfer mod over to the downloads folder from nmm folder they look like this upon install. pic 2

When I verify the link on the nmm this is what the file tree then looks like. pic 1

So what happens if I can't verify a file like it comes from a different source like an armor. will it end up tree stacking weird again I wonder? 

Grab it and pack it

Indeed. I didn't think of that. Good idea!

Yup have fun! 

post-381909-0-55236400-1481912571_thumb.png

post-381909-0-26735400-1481912712_thumb.png

I'm on my 4th build now and I have become a little cavalier about adding and removing mods.  The first two rebuilds were a result of not using Mod Organizer.  The last rebuild is a result of wiping my computer when I thought a bum keyboard update by Asus was a virus.  Nope it wasn't a virus. (just sloppy work and nonexistent customer service on their part)  My keyboard is still not right and I haven't seen a fix on their site.  Their mistake got down into the bios.

I would say by a new keyboard and get a new bios that sucks so hard don't do Asus its cheap and bad on support. Doesn't sound like they've changed much in the last 10 years. Ewww you poor dear I just remembered that was a walmart brand. Yuck. Go with a Dell and Dell keyboard. Or build a custom computer. My laptop is a dell and I have no regrets to buying it. It was the cheapest model at the time and it runs skyrim great although only on lowest settings but still. THe best computer I've ever had. Just a thought.

Avoid flashing bios too even when a company recommends it my husband says do research and find out if its best for you before doing it. Sometimes companies recommend so bad mojo.

Page 3 on the bottom as a visual update for you to see in mo

When I transfer mod over to the downloads folder from nmm folder they look like this upon install. pic 2

When I verify the link on the nmm this is what the file tree then looks like. pic 1

So what happens if I can't verify a file like it comes from a different source like an armor. will it end up tree stacking weird again I wonder?

Grab it and pack it

Yup have fun!

I am not sure how to deal with an armor mod that doesn't have an esp file associated with it. My gut tells me to merge the body slide files with another armor mod that does have an esp file. Then zip it up and place it in the downloads folder to install. I haven't tried this yet because some new shiny thing will get my attention first

You should get something that looks like the left hand image every time. (Even if the file isn't verified)

You might be thinking of the Acer brand. Asus makes gaming laptops. It just happens that they have gone a little down hill. Usually their updates are more benign than Windows updates.

Grab it and pack it

Yup have fun!

I am not sure how to deal with an armor mod that doesn't have an esp file associated with it. My gut tells me to merge the body slide files with another armor mod that does have an esp file. Then zip it up and place it in the downloads folder to install. I haven't tried this yet because some new shiny thing will get my attention first

You should get something that looks like the left hand image every time. (Even if the file isn't verified)

You might be thinking of the Acer brand. Asus makes gaming laptops. It just happens that they have gone a little down hill. Usually their updates are more benign than Windows updates.

haha sorry yeah. I just know I used to be an hp fan but they went down hill hard and switched over to dell and haven't regretted it. Although if I had the money I would do a custom job. So how do I prevent it from happening some files just do it anyway it would seem. Am I doing something wrong?

You won't catch me customizing a PC again. I had my fill while over clocking a 486 and installing new peripherals. HP was my friend after that.

I was going to ask, how goes your testing?

So far so good mostly still importing files from my back up into the downloads folder and verifying them so they will look right on the left. I know my mods for the most part like 90 % the ones I've used I've used for years and don't conflict I know for a fact. Its just the newer sexlab and osa osex stuff along with the sos textures. I'm not used to using sos textures I always just used the default favoredsoul circumsised flaccid with geonox face. Sos is supposed to be the same thing I read but with hdt extensions. Its just getting things to look right in mo.

You won't catch me customizing a PC again. I had my fill while over clocking a 486 and installing new peripherals. HP was my friend after that.

I was going to ask, how goes your testing?

Actually question: will mo understand to separate files for armor that depend on each other like cbbe main required to use unp remesh? Or is that covered in the video I haven't gotten to it quite yet. 

Worried about back up stuff.

I have only had success with using only CBBE or UUNP one at a time. You will have to ask someone else that is more savy about body textures than myself. (They shouldn't be too hard to find)

I when I get home, I need to do an experiment to see if the mod is still in the downloads folder when it is removed from the left hand side of MO. I am pretty sure that the file stays preserved and untouched in the downloads folder. That gives you an automatic backup in its self.

That is part of what makes MO so nice. I love having the ability to easily remove mods without touching any of the other mods.

I have only had success with using only CBBE or UUNP one at a time. You will have to ask someone else that is more savy about body textures than myself. (They shouldn't be too hard to find)

I when I get home, I need to do an experiment to see if the mod is still in the downloads folder when it is removed from the left hand side of MO. I am pretty sure that the file stays preserved and untouched in the downloads folder. That gives you an automatic backup in its self.

That is part of what makes MO so nice. I love having the ability to easily remove mods without touching any of the other mods.

It stays there. unless you delete it. I guess what i was trying to say it conversions that have file requirements cbbe > unp I wonder if it just overwrites.

I thought each version was made available in body slide and you had to check each option when performing a batch build. With the exception of armor "replacers". I have never seen an option for those.

You might want to try a batch build early to verify this.

Not sure about how to do a batch build but I'll go look it up. I hate messing with things I don't understand fully. (Batch build like in wrye bash?)

now heres the biggest question of all how do you properly install sexlab and its addons like sos and such in mo without screwing stuff up?

One mod at a time with the exception of adding dependencies. I would start with sexlab framework to begin with. Install, run loot ,update finis, and run the game using SKSE for a short period of time.

After that get DDA DDI and DDX in there and do the same procedure for testing.

After that the sexlab mods chosen will depend on individual taste.

Batch build is a bodyslide option that let's you apply your character body presets to more than one outfit at a time.

Batch build is an option in body slide to allow you to adjust the preset on more than one piece of clothing at a time. (Look near the bottom left) will be out for about 2 hrs. Gtg

What the hell's going on here? Its doing it again. It's only doing it with unverified files. Nexus mods are verified so the stay out of this mess. 

edit: Maybe I'm over thinking things again... Maybe the file tree structure is like it is in nmm skse gets a lot of stuff installed into it plugin wise. Any thoughts?

So you see the green around aradia kato it looks good right that makes a lot of sense. But the red highlight is a cluster bomb... If I h=open it up its a splatter mess that remains to be seen how it will function in game. I have not activated anything yet. Can this be a problem with setting the file structure manually in a video I watched the goal is to get a green go on the manual install not a red.

post-381909-0-27779700-1481929930_thumb.png

post-381909-0-30475000-1481933213_thumb.png

post-381909-0-33374000-1481933468_thumb.jpg

In the middle picture the files circled in red are not nested. I don't think that blacktalon armor has an esm associated with it.  I believe that explains the gray writing.

On the right hand photo.  the files circled in red are clearly nested and shouldn't be so.  

I am going to download the aradia mods and see if they do nest for me.  I really don't think they should ( I don't know thus the test)  can't test it since the modder took the outfits off of the Nexus .  I will have to search for instances of nesting on MO over the net.  back in a little

Archived