ENB not working??

Yukiine

So I've been taking an interest in breaking Oblivion with a bunch of mods and my first step(as always) has been to install ENB. I've been working to try and install either Luminous Sky ENB or A Tweaked ENB, but the problem is, ENB is not working whatsoever for me.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. I placed all OBSE files in the oblivion folder(the same place as oblivion.exe)

2. I installed unofficial oblivion patch(I didn't install shivering isles patch even though I have Shivering Isles).

3. I have put the d3d9.dll from enbseries WrapperVersion in the oblivion folder(the same place as oblivion.exe)

4. Here are my results.

screencap_by_sk8trlea-dargdmd.png

Just to note, I got about the same results(except with a barf yellow color) when I installed ATE so I'm guessing it might be a problem with ENB?

Also, please note that it is completely white and still running(sounds and everything) when it is responding as well, I had to alt + tab to take my screenshot.

And I do own Windows 10, and currently using it.

EDIT:

Here is what ATE's file looks like for me

_aa566d254e47fffe260ee33e9913bf09214ec7a

This is the latest file by astrob0y's A Tweaked ENB, the file ATE_181_1_beta(updated last January 14th 2015)

This is what my oblivion folder looks like(without enb wrapperversion binaries + ATE)

_7dff3a2618e5a32a44ac2205f1630e07eff161b

This is what my data folder looks like

_eb41c325744da9edba8f8b7a6361ca8c80113bd

Now, I will demonstrate what I did to get my results.

In this screencap, I have put the enb binaries into the oblivion folder and am taking the enb files and putting them in.

sc_by_sk8trlea-darr6l7.png

Now, I have put them all in.

sc2_by_sk8trlea-darr6l1.png

Here is my screen. :')

sc3_by_sk8trlea-darr6kw.png

I may not be much help, so I'm only judging by your post:

- Did you install that OBSE folder in with the Oblivion.exe or in the Data folder? Because the OBSE folder goes in the Data folder, not the Oblivion folder. The other loose stuff (i.e. the loader) are what go in the Oblivion folder with the exe.

- Did you place Unofficial Patch and ATE in the data folder? They go there too. And remember to check them in OBMM or your mod manager.

- ENB binary is what goes in the oblivion folder next to the exe. Simply copy paste everything from the wrapper folder into Oblivion folder. (Not just the d3d9, in my opinion, all of it from Wrapper).

- Then install your custom ENB on top of that.

That's all I can think of may be wrong off the top of my head, hope someone else can be more help than me.

I may not be much help, so I'm only judging by your post:

- Did you install that OBSE folder in with the Oblivion.exe or in the Data folder? Because the OBSE folder goes in the Data folder, not the Oblivion folder. The other loose stuff (i.e. the loader) are what go in the Oblivion folder with the exe.

- Did you place Unofficial Patch and ATE in the data folder? They go there too. And remember to check them in OBMM or your mod manager.

- ENB binary is what goes in the oblivion folder next to the exe. Simply copy paste everything from the wrapper folder into Oblivion folder. (Not just the d3d9, in my opinion, all of it from Wrapper).

- Then install your custom ENB on top of that.

That's all I can think of may be wrong off the top of my head, hope someone else can be more help than me.

I placed the OBSE folder in the data folder and the other OBSE stuff is in the same place as oblivion.exe, unofficial patch is also in the data folder but I have not tried putting A Tweaked ENB in the data folder. I just attempted that and it didn't do anything :') Also I put the rest of ENB binary into the oblivion folder and I got the same results, and especially the same when trying another enb. I'll try watching more videos, but thank you for your help regardless. 

The only other things on my  mind, if everything was done correctly and you still get the problem (especially with an all white screen), is that HDR is not enabled in your oblivion options, a conflict with the way either obse loader or oblivion exe are set up and running, oblivion ini is messed up or not generated before applying a mod, oblivion is corrupted itself and needs a clean install, or something with your graphics card...not necessarily it in itself, but something it is running a certain setting that conflicts. 

Unless an enb has a data folder, the majority of enb materials never go in the data folder, even when it does the other loose materials always belong in the oblivion folder. 

There's a lot of things a general crash like this may be related to, but a white screen while the rest of it keeps running complicates it so I think another forum member may be more insightful. I'm just offering things to try off the top of my head. Hopefully those videos may provide an answer. :/ I'm sorry I didn't help.

Can you show screenshots of your folder structure? (oblivion and data) That's would be my last attempt to take a look lol. :/ 

Do you have a nvidia graphics card?

Installation of beta_9 for a desktop with a Nvidia graphic cards
1. Download the file for this preset, its here called "ATE181_beta". 
2. Exctract the files in "00" to where you have Oblivion installed. The files from "00" must be where you have "Oblivion.exe" and "OblivionLauncher". 
3. Now download v0.181.rar
4. In that .rar you will find "Wrapperversion" 
5. In the "WrapperVersion" folder you will find "d3d9.dll". Extract it to the same folder were you have "Oblivion.exe".
6. ATE is now installed.
6.1. Start Oblivionlauncher.exe and enable HDR and turn off Antialasing. 
6.2. I M P O R T A N T Hardware AA/AF/SSAO must be deactivated. You find the settings in "Nvidia Control Panel" or "Catalyst control center" depending on what type of graphic card you have.
7. This is how your Oblivion folder should look like if you have installed the files correctly. 

Do you have a nvidia graphics card?

Installation of beta_9 for a desktop with a Nvidia graphic cards
1. Download the file for this preset, its here called "ATE181_beta". 
2. Exctract the files in "00" to where you have Oblivion installed. The files from "00" must be where you have "Oblivion.exe" and "OblivionLauncher". 
3. Now download v0.181.rar
4. In that .rar you will find "Wrapperversion" 
5. In the "WrapperVersion" folder you will find "d3d9.dll". Extract it to the same folder were you have "Oblivion.exe".
6. ATE is now installed.
6.1. Start Oblivionlauncher.exe and enable HDR and turn off Antialasing. 
6.2. I M P O R T A N T Hardware AA/AF/SSAO must be deactivated. You find the settings in "Nvidia Control Panel" or "Catalyst control center" depending on what type of graphic card you have.
7. This is how your Oblivion folder should look like if you have installed the files correctly. 

The only other things on my  mind, if everything was done correctly and you still get the problem (especially with an all white screen), is that HDR is not enabled in your oblivion options, a conflict with the way either obse loader or oblivion exe are set up and running, oblivion ini is messed up or not generated before applying a mod, oblivion is corrupted itself and needs a clean install, or something with your graphics card...not necessarily it in itself, but something it is running a certain setting that conflicts. 

Unless an enb has a data folder, the majority of enb materials never go in the data folder, even when it does the other loose materials always belong in the oblivion folder. 

There's a lot of things a general crash like this may be related to, but a white screen while the rest of it keeps running complicates it so I think another forum member may be more insightful. I'm just offering things to try off the top of my head. Hopefully those videos may provide an answer. :/ I'm sorry I didn't help.

Can you show screenshots of your folder structure? (oblivion and data) That's would be my last attempt to take a look lol. :/ 

I have updated the main page with bunches of screencaps, I have HDR on and antialasing off. I use a nvidia GTX 970(4gb if that matters). If my problem relies with my graphics card setting I'm not sure how I'd disable AA/AF/SSAO? I checked and I believe they're all off. I'll take a look and a screencap of it later hopefully.

I can see that obse_loader.exe appears to be missing in your folder? I think it's needed even when running from Steam, as I do, but I'm not positive.

Additionally, I think myuhinny is on the right track with the graphics card. Does your setup involve two graphics cards (like your GTX AND an integrated intel in the same laptop or comp)? Can you check which one Oblivion.exe is using and perhaps force one or the other through settings? You mention that you already checked the NVIDIA settings. Something to try if your set up is like this is running it with the integrated card, then switch back to running it with the NVIDIA card. It may be an issue with not generating the ini or corrupted inis, and something like this may jog its memory. 

If that is your only card, all I can think now is to place obse loader exe, check your graphic card(s) and run different trials, delete oblivion inis and generate them new by running oblivion after deleting (might be a good idea to remove the mod and enb before this step, to truly generate fresh ini), verifying game integrity via steam, and also look at his/her folder structure ^...as I'm sure you have been. Hope your problem is resolved soon. ;-;

EDIT: I tested if removing obse_loader.exe would create a yellow screen but it didn't so that may be a dead end but still worth a try. Another test could be to try the injector version (remember you'd have to run the injector before running Oblivion)

My game has a lot of stuff going on and an enb with more junk, but if you want to compare folders, I'll show mine. Check to see if anything is missing that your enb has or that comes with obse, but was not copied to your folder. If something like an enb effect is missing, but the enb still running, you may get a solid color. I've seen it messing around with enb files, but its a rather specific error.

post-203877-0-69996600-1481827072_thumb.jpg

With steam Oblivion you don't need the obse_loader.exe ( see OBSE readme )

But if you mod Oblivion you need the obse_loader.exe to start the CS with OBSE ( or you can not save OBSE scripts)

Makes sense, I found that out when testing just now. I've always had it in there personally. It was just a failed thought lol...

I can see that obse_loader.exe appears to be missing in your folder? I think it's needed even when running from Steam, as I do, but I'm not positive.

Additionally, I think myuhinny is on the right track with the graphics card. Does your setup involve two graphics cards (like your GTX AND an integrated intel in the same laptop or comp)? Can you check which one Oblivion.exe is using and perhaps force one or the other through settings? You mention that you already checked the NVIDIA settings. Something to try if your set up is like this is running it with the integrated card, then switch back to running it with the NVIDIA card. It may be an issue with not generating the ini or corrupted inis, and something like this may jog its memory. 

If that is your only card, all I can think now is to place obse loader exe, check your graphic card(s) and run different trials, delete oblivion inis and generate them new by running oblivion after deleting (might be a good idea to remove the mod and enb before this step, to truly generate fresh ini), verifying game integrity via steam, and also look at his/her folder structure ^...as I'm sure you have been. Hope your problem is resolved soon. ;-;

EDIT: I tested if removing obse_loader.exe would create a yellow screen but it didn't so that may be a dead end but still worth a try. Another test could be to try the injector version (remember you'd have to run the injector before running Oblivion)

My game has a lot of stuff going on and an enb with more junk, but if you want to compare folders, I'll show mine. Check to see if anything is missing that your enb has or that comes with obse, but was not copied to your folder. If something like an enb effect is missing, but the enb still running, you may get a solid color. I've seen it messing around with enb files, but its a rather specific error.

I'll use yours and other folders that have been provided for a reference, I plan to delete the inis and restart oblivion first(then place binaries + enb) then see what happens, if that fails I'll try reinstalling oblivion and reinstall stuff from scratch(and start with OBSE, ENB binaries + enb), if that fails I'll try the injector version and see what happens, personally I've never extensively modded oblivion as much as I've modded skyrim so I've never been submerged into the difficulty of modding a pretty old game(well not all that old), I was deeply surprised by the fact that ENB wasn't acting like ENB because I thought I did everything right. It seems like both of you are baffled as well by this outcome so it may just be a very specific problem that no one has had before surprisingly. ^ ^"

So I've deleted the oblivion.ini and started the game(generated the ini) then I placed enb + binaries, didn't work.

I tried using the injector version, I think I did it properly but that didn't work either.

I'll probably try reinstalling oblivion another time.

I appreciate all the help but it sorta feels like this is a REALLY unique problem. :')

Looks again at my screenshots you will see in the 2nd one the obse_loader.exe is not missing it's there.

I have only one graphics card it's a GTX 780Ti. Have you tried running any other ENB? It could also be that something got messed up along the way and you might just have to delete the oblivion folder uninstall it from steam then reinstall everything back and see if it'll work after doing that.

Archived