If at any point i felt i wanted to change who my in-game parents are, can i just remove the running family ties mod and add the newer one and will the game then just assume i am from the new family? I was just curious in case someone creates new family options that suit my Letisha better.

The game never takes your parentage into consideration, that I know of.  These mods are mostly for roleplay and the creation of a small bit of player house.  While scriptless and likely safe to remove mid-game, I don't see a reason to, at this point in development. The ones available don't even have racial checks, so you could have a dunmer daughter of the altmer sisters.

I'm writing an 'adoptive incest' filled  back story on why my redguard is with Ulfric. My norn on the other hand, Is played as Ulfric's daughter...

And might i suggest (forget the family name) the 2 sisters' you encounter when you return from blackreach with 30 crimson nirnroot, as a dunmer family (it beats being a windhelm refugee)

Orc being family within a stronghold

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Avrusa_Sarethi

Those with Dragonborn could also start in Raven Rock though I don't have any good candidates in mind except the one that is the villian of one of the side quest chains.

skyrimll - I have a problem.

Quote from your OP. "- A key and night-time access to the family home."

I red your OP several times to make sure I understand all.

Well, I choose Adrainne Avenicci s mother, but when wanted to enter into the house at 6.00 a.m., I couldn't. The door was looked and I did get any key. When I talked to her I did have any line about "key option".

Do I miss something?

Well, I choose Adrainne Avenicci s mother, but when wanted to enter into the house at 6.00 a.m., I couldn't. The door was looked and I did get any key. When I talked to her I did have any line about "key option".

Do I miss something?

I got a key to the Radiant Rainments shop when I tried the sisters one, and the "night time access" should be that the normal occupants don't tell you that you are trespassing and threaten to call the guards. They would randomly run over to me, then walk away like they wanted to say or do something, but I had that prior to this mod.. I think I have some AI bugs and I really want to find them.

I got a key to the Radiant Rainments shop when I tried the sisters one, and the "night time access" should be that the normal occupants don't tell you that you are trespassing and threaten to call the guards. They would randomly run over to me, then walk away like they wanted to say or do something, but I had that prior to this mod.. I think I have some AI bugs and I really want to find them.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. :)

Do I miss something?

I chose the same family and created a new imperial character.  I noticed the key was in my inventory when I looted the first corpse when my arms were untied

Do I miss something?

I chose the same family and created a new imperial character.  I noticed the key was in my inventory when I looted the first corpse when I arms were untied

I started a new game as wood elf and still couldn't get the key. :(

Loaded the Lylvieve, Adrianne and Sisters mods in a current game (that didn't have any) and got all 3 keys.

Adrianne has been changed to "Mother". Didn't check the others yet.

I'd guess Elf something bugged for you and the Esp isn't activating.

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I have "Mother" instead of Adrainne Avennicci when my cursor is on her. I checked twice and .esp is activated. I just don't get it, why I can't have the key. I will start a new game again, today and see if I would get it this time.

YAY - I started a new game twice. First time with "Jarl of Whiterun" mod by ffabris and didn't get the key. The second time I started without that mod, and I got the key in the inventory. So, probably there is incompatibility with the named mod.

The key is added by a quest alias but it is not a quest item, so you can remove it.

If the jarl of whiterun removes your inventory when you start, you will lose the key as well.

If I remove the key, I can't enter into the Warmaiden's house during the night.

The key is added by a quest alias but it is not a quest item, so you can remove it.

If the jarl of whiterun removes your inventory when you start, you will lose the key as well.

If I remove the key, I can't enter into the Warmaiden's house during the night.

That's normal and a limitation of the game.

Also, it is possible NPCs will treat you as an intruder if you have met them before installing the mod.

If that happens, try going away from your home for a couple of in-game weeks to give time to the cell to reset.

That's normal and a limitation of the game.

Also, it is possible NPCs will treat you as an intruder if you have met them before installing the mod.

If that happens, try going away from your home for a couple of in-game weeks to give time to the cell to reset.

Thanks for the answer. I'll see what will happen when will play next time. :)

I would like to see some of these stuff implemented on this mod.

1. option to have a family whose father or mother or both just hate your character and they say how bad they hate you almost everyday. while you sleep on a hay pile in the basement. where spiders and rat/skeevers come.

2. More npc options on who can be your parents like i would love if it had those sim build a family option thing.

3. Have a family that in the high class that they pamper you and such (can't remember what i was going to say)

4. If you can have custom npc as your parents (if this gets implemented) you're parents can cheat on their lover and if u catch one of them in the act u can either: A. use it as a blackmail advantage or B. tell on them and see your family get divorced or argue about it.

5.If you can have custom npc as your parents (if this gets implemented) If you choose the riften orphan story you can have like a 5%(or what the author choise) on finding your real parents either dead or alive.

6. if you and you're parent do incest and such that you or your mother (who ever is the one who get laid) gets pregnant and have a baby where your parents would complain that it isn't his or her (how the pc want to play it) kid.

7. Maybe a same sex family that had adopted you from w/e they found you from.

I think that's what i can think of atm. I know that the coding for all this is going to be hard as fuck. But i do love to see these as a option.

This sounds really nifty. I have, in the past, role played the Alternate Start "Erik the Slayer's childhood friend" start as Erik's (half-)sister so these'll definitely see some use.

Thanks!

The single parent farmer and his two daughters in rorikstead are on my list of candidates for future modules.

That would work well for Eriks start.

Great mod, I'm looking forward to this start in Rorikstead.

File Name: Family ties (2016-10-12)

File Submitter: skyrimll

File Submitted: 10 Dec 2016

File Category: Quests

Special Edition Compatible : No

Introducing Family Ties - a series of small background mods that will make the player character the relative of a family from Vanilla Skyrim.

The mods feature:

- Relationships (mother/child, grandparent, aunt.. ) between the player and NPCs from the family.

- A key and night-time access to the family home.

- Family NPCs are renamed to Mother, Father, Grandpa etc… names of siblings are preserved.

- I made small adjustments to houses to give the player a bedroll and a safe storage with starting clothing.

- I also added map markers to your home town and family house.

- There is no proper quest yet - just the basic minimum to access a family home so far.

My goal here is to put together small mods (script free if possible) as templates for others to make their own and share them back. Eventually we could even envision small quests around family secrets.

Kudos! You always come up with great mod ideas.

I remember there being a mod on Nexus "Growing Up In Skyrim" I think it was called, and I really liked the notion that you [player] have familial ties to the land. There's a lot of ways you can go with this one (both SL and Non-SL) that I am excited to see how it evolves! =)

skyrimll, I adore your mods. And this one holds so much promise for role-playing. I usually play as a noble breton turned forsworn whose family got killed by Ulfric's soldiers in Markarth. But starting as a forsworn put a 1000 septims bounty on you and with Prison overhaul installed it's quite a start...

And thanks to your mod now my character is an orphan (still thanks to Ulfric) who got kicked out of orphanage to work as a prostitute in the inn. 

I know it's one thing to suggest ideas ans the other is to make them real but I'd like to suggest a start where the character is a poor relative/bastard (treated as a servant and used as a slave) to one of the rich and powerful families in Skyrim and by accident or on purpose discovers some dirty secret about them.

So, I made an ESP to find out if I found all the things to change or create and see if I knew what I was doing.  I think I flunked, or as bad as, because it doesn't work.

Taking Belethor's line about selling a sister I started on the assumption that he'd be willing to buy one with the goal of resale and that could be you.

I have message boxes for "Master" Belethor and "Master" Sigurd, added relationships between them for boss/employee, between them and the Player for Master/apprentice and a quest to use the message boxes. Added the player and Sigurd to the Belethor shop faction, hoping to have use of the beds.

Right now, can't use the beds and can't talk to Belethor. He just isn't interactable nor does his name show up when you point the cursor at him.

Here's my ESP, so if someone knows what wasn't done or done wrong, maybe we can all use it for practice.

FamilyTies- Slave to Belethor.esp

skyrimll, I adore your mods. And this one holds so much promise for role-playing. I usually play as a noble breton turned forsworn whose family got killed by Ulfric's soldiers in Markarth. But starting as a forsworn put a 1000 septims bounty on you and with Prison overhaul installed it's quite a start...

And thanks to your mod now my character is an orphan (still thanks to Ulfric) who got kicked out of orphanage to work as a prostitute in the inn. 

I know it's one thing to suggest ideas ans the other is to make them real but I'd like to suggest a start where the character is a poor relative/bastard (treated as a servant and used as a slave) to one of the rich and powerful families in Skyrim and by accident or on purpose discovers some dirty secret about them.

The obvious and potentially least work would be the Silver blood family in Markarth with you as the child of Thonar and Betrid from her time in the Dibellan Temple. She left when pregnant to avoid scandal and questions she and he maybe couldn't or did not want to answer but you were not really wanted in the grand scheme of things so while the family knows, not many others do.

Quest spoilers.... probably pointless in 2016 but now no one can  :o at me...

Looking to prove yourself or gain favor by uncovering whatever plot against the family Eltrys is claiming. Nepos and the guards don't know any better so they don't tell your parents (I think there is a branch in the quest you can get sent to jail without visiting the Treasury house) or with the visit and your mother's murder, you and Thonar go along with the usual guard procedure and visit Madanach and see how rogue he has actually gone.  If Nepos knows nothing of you, neither would he. You could then either flee with him, for real or as a spy, or kill him in revenge and make your own way out.

Could also be Ainethach's unknown kid (I didn't know: "He has two adult children named Rondach and Voada who work in Understone Keep as the chef's assistants.") maybe a third, youngest child thought killed but instead taken as a slave similar to some of the stories the Cidna Mine prisoners tell.

If you want custom dialogues, you will need to use tes5edit to create a SEQ file and probably a couple of scripts to do the sale.

I can look at what you did when I return Sunday night.

Not trying anything custom, but I can't even talk to him as a merchant.  I was trying to follow the Imperial one but must have missed a checkmark.

• 3 weeks later...

THank you for making this MOD!

It is soo COOL,it makes it so RP,

but is it possible to add a function that would ban the Family members from SexLab? it is super weird to get abused and collared by my beloved father and my mother was just standing there commenting on my nudity :blush: what kind of parents are they!

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow i missed that mod, 2 thoughts while reading:

skyrimLL, you mentioned that you have to make the cells public to work. I don't know if Simply knock maybe just does the same, if not it might have a solution around it if you're looking for one.

@others: some mentioned the Growing up in skyrim mod which sounds intresting too, it lists some playable child races mods as requirement, though. Is there a way around this requirement to use the mod with sexlab? (@mods: i do not ask to get around the sexlab restrictions, i ask for a way to get around the beeing child part).