View File

Introducing Family Ties - a series of small background mods that will make the player character the relative of a family from Vanilla Skyrim.

The mods feature:

- Relationships (mother/child, grandparent, aunt.. ) between the player and NPCs from the family.
- A key and night-time access to the family home.
- Family NPCs are renamed to Mother, Father, Grandpa etc… names of siblings are preserved.
- I made small adjustments to houses to give the player a bedroll and a safe storage with starting clothing.
- I also added map markers to your home town and family house.
- There is no proper quest yet - just the basic minimum to access a family home so far.

My goal here is to put together small mods (script free if possible) as templates for others to make their own and share them back. Eventually we could even envision small quests around family secrets.

Families already implemented:

- Imperial - start as the son or daughter of Adrianne Avenicci in Whiterun.
- Imperial - start as the son or daughter of Carlotta Valentia in Whiterun.
- Nord - start with Birna in Winterhold as a mother and Ranmir, your uncle.
- Nord - start with Lemkil in Rorikstead as a father, with two sisters and a childhood friend (Erik)
- Breton or Reguard - start in the Lylvieve family Dragon Bridge. Since the father is Reguard and the mother Breton, it can fit a Redguard start as well.
- Altmer - start as a sibling of Taarie and Endarie in the Radiant Raiments store
- Any race - start as a former orphan from the Riften orphanage

- The Belethor start was provided through the forum and hasn't been tested yet [REMOVED FOR NOW - I need to test it first]

I didn't make any racial check to keep things simple and script free. Up to you to role play the starts the way you want.

Obviously, you should only activate one module at a time (unless you want to have multiple parents in different places).

The mods will not make you start at your home though, so you are free to use Live Another Life or other start mods on top of these.

I am releasing these Family Ties modules as plain Skyrim mods - not SexLab - as it may be of interest for anyone interested in role play.

Requirements

None (see below for companion mods).

Q: What does the main FamilyTies.esp mod and script do?

FamilyTies.esp is an optional file and scripts. This mod will grant you treats as you age. This is a complement and it is not required for the other family esps to work.
The optional esp is loosely based on the Growing in Skyrim mod from Nexus. I tweaked it and changed it so much over time that it doesn't have much left from the original and should be treated as a new mod instead.

What you can expect in this mod:

- a script to handle aging. The minimum age is hard coded as 16. The default age is 18. A configurable 'birthday' parameter will count days until the next birthday and will grant you new perk points once you have a birthday. The scale of your character will also change from 0.96 to 1.0 between the ages of 16 and 20 (so it should exclude you from sex scenes if you are too young/short).

- an MCM menu for easier configuration of anniversaries and aging

- a custom race for 'teens' (age 16 to 20) in case you want a different body type. This is still experimental at this stage.

Note: you don't have to use the experimental teen races to use ages lower than 20. You can use your normal race as well. The teen races are there only if you want to use a different body type.

Q: What about Incest (since this is LoversLab).

Of course, since this is LoversLab, with SexLab, Aroused, Lovers Comfort and Stories installed, incest cannot be very far.
My plan is to make these as plain and leave the sexual content to a quest in Stories (I can detect if the player has a parent/child relationship with certain NPCs and take it from there). I already have updated Stories with incest and love triangle behaviors so that would fit in nicely.

The quest in Stories will be about uncovering a family story/secret, with different topics whether you are part of the family or not. Nothing large, but enough to keep things interesting hopefully.

I only ask you keep any incest discussions to the SexLab Stories thread instead of this one.

I made a list of potential NPCs and their families broken down by race and activity (noble, mill worker, innkeeper, etc) that I may cover eventually. There is quite some potential for families with the player in the game.

Q: Why multiple mods instead of a single file?

Relationships between NPCs are hard coded as form IDs in the ESP file. I can't create new ones on the fly or turn them off.

Also, to give access to an NPC house at night, I had to edit the cell to make it public and give the place a key to the house. Editing the public flag of a cell is also not doable dynamically and keeping track of all keys would be a mess in a combined mod.

The only solution I could think of is to create these little modules individually.

Q: Why are you working on yet another instead of finishing SD+, Parasites, Hormones, Alicia, etc

I start a lot of new characters to test development of my other mods. It’s a tedious and boring task, and I need some diversity to keep things interesting. Mods like this one help a lot.

That and … procrastination and distractions are more fun than working on the hard tasks ahead with these mods.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/10/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

View File

I love this idea even without sexual content. This will allow you to "be" from some where. I am curious how this works with Alternate Start?

No issue with Alternate Start.

You can chose one of the starts and have a place to go to.

For example, you can start as a patron in a nearby hold and role play running an errand on your way back home.

Child of Adrianne? Hmm... in all honestly, I have always pictured her around age of 25-30 and Proventus around 45-50.

That just me though. Your project looks quite interesting and that was the only strange thing that popped in to my mind.

Funny, her commander style voice always made me think of her in her 40s :)

I'm not sure how it works, exactly, but instead of making a cell public, can the PC be made a member of the faction that owns the house?

and yeah I always thought of Adrianne being younger as well, but that may be from using bijin's npc mods for so long. I guess her father using the balding hair style means he's older yet, so she could be that age.

I'm not sure how it works, exactly, but instead of making a cell public, can the PC be made a member of the faction that owns the house?

and yeah I always thought of Adrianne being younger as well, but that may be from using bijin's npc mods for so long. I guess her father using the balding hair style means he's older yet, so she could be that age.

The player is already added to the house faction as well as the house key list but I found that didn't prevent the NPCs to tell you that you don't belong there at night.

The only workaround I found was to make the cell public.

Regarding age of the NPCs, you can always customize the skin to look older for example.

Or make a separate version as a brother or sister of Adrianne :)

I will keep quest related content in a parallel addon so that customizations won't be lost in future versions.

I am planning to do at least one for each race.

My top candidate for High Elf will be to make the player a sibling of the Radiant Raiments sisters :)

File Name: Family ties (2016-10-12)

File Submitter: skyrimll

File Submitted: 10 Dec 2016

File Category: Quests

Special Edition Compatible : No

Introducing Family Ties - a series of small background mods that will make the player character the relative of a family from Vanilla Skyrim.

The mods feature:

If you are taking suggestions; also wanted to have a story line were the Dragonborn is trying to save her enslaved Aunt (whom she was very, very closed to)

Using vanilla characters certainly has a stronger appeal of "becoming a part of the world" than adding new characters (as Growing Up in Skyrim did). It also bears the risk of breaking immersion if a vanilla or mod quest expresses a relationship with a character that would seem out of place within a family context.

For example, Amorous Adventures offers the possibility to become lovers with Adrianne Avenicci and she is also involved in some vanilla quests in which the player is not addressed as a family member (see Elderscrolls Wikia for her vanilla Quests). Maybe it would be better to use less prominent characters as family members.

This sounds really nifty. I have, in the past, role played the Alternate Start "Erik the Slayer's childhood friend" start as Erik's (half-)sister so these'll definitely see some use.

Thanks!

The single parent farmer and his two daughters in rorikstead are on my list of candidates for future modules.

That would work well for Eriks start.

It seems that my ignorance and general not-so-smart-itude are acting up. NMM doesn't seem to recognize the .esp files for moving them from Downloads into the manager, and I haven't a clue where to put them in an attempt at manual installation. Help, please? TIA

Use 7-Zip (or any other archive utility) and create an archive only containing the . esp.

NMM should recognize it then.

@skyrimll

Looks interesting, will keep an eye on this. As I do with more of your mods, Sisterhood is one of my favorite mods.

Speaking of which, you could consider a scenario where the PC starts a a younger sister(/brother) of Haelga and together

you will decide to guid the Temple into a new era :) .

For example, Amorous Adventures offers the possibility to become lovers with Adrianne Avenicci and she is also involved in some vanilla quests in which the player is not addressed as a family member (see Elderscrolls Wikia for her vanilla Quests). Maybe it would be better to use less prominent characters as family members.

Could be worked around by making the PC a younger brother/sister of Ulfberth.

Ulfberth loses interest in his wife for 'obvious' reasons and Adrienne starts an affair with his younger brother/sister (covers AA),

as for the the (possible) conflicts with the vanilla dialogue, she is just 'Keeping up Appearances' to avoid possible gossip.

And Ulfberth wouldn't mind the affair happening, after all it stays in the family.

how would you add a family for a custom race?   enjoy your work.

Other than role playing being adopted by another family, that would be more work since one would have to find a good location, create a house, and add NPCs for family members.

If anyone is up to the task, feel free to use any of these modules as a start and edit them for a custom race. I will be happy to help answer questions and add them to the download list.

This sounds really nifty. I have, in the past, role played the Alternate Start "Erik the Slayer's childhood friend" start as Erik's (half-)sister so these'll definitely see some use.

Thanks!

The single parent farmer and his two daughters in rorikstead are on my list of candidates for future modules.

That would work well for Eriks start.

I was thinking he was an imperial but checking, Lemkil is listed as a nord.  Not that we can have too many nord starts. With the war and bandits, plus the medieval issues of life, you could either be an older child and the two girls are from a second wife, now also dead or they could be other than the apparent age of 10, with one being 15 or so and the PC now 18-20. Possibly the same age as Erik and also with the adventuring spirit, or a potential love interest hoping to leave with him... or leave his whiny snot nose behind and head out on your own adventures.

Could be worked around by making the PC a younger brother/sister of Ulfberth.

Ulfberth loses interest in his wife for 'obvious' reasons and Adrienne starts an affair with his younger brother/sister (covers AA),

as for the the (possible) conflicts with the vanilla dialogue, she is just 'Keeping up Appearances' to avoid possible gossip.

And Ulfberth wouldn't mind the affair happening, after all it stays in the family.

While Ulf is another nord, a sibling of his coming to learn smithing from his wife would be another tie into Stories, or Dialogues, or whatever mod has that blacksmithing quest. 

I think it is also Stories that re-route's Adrianne's night time package to her father's bed in the keep, so someone could still go that route with AA if you really wanted to do so.

I am working on linking Andriennes and Alvir sleeping schedules with Family Ties (that's in Stories).

When I play the Erik start, he usually leaves me as a follower on his own after a few days. I play it as him chicken out of the adventurer lifestyle and leaving you to fend for yourself.

I usually play my characters as a Coming of age thing .. like in King Arthur. Just out of their teen and ready to face the world.