Yea i like the idea but i will prefer to stay on (the player to be a father/mother in order to care (educate) about a son/daughter like how to live in Skyrim.(skills , attitude...woooa)

All of this with kind of quest montage yea it would be a big deal but i am sure it could be better that what i see in Fallout 4 for example....

Yea i like the idea but i will prefer to stay on (the player to be a father/mother in order to care (educate) about a son/daughter like how to live in Skyrim.(skills , attitude...woooa)

All of this with kind of quest montage yea it would be a big deal but i am sure it could be better that what i see in Fallout 4 for example....

If you want a family of your own, I noticed this mod in the related threads below this one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67423/?

I never heard about it before, so I haven't tested it yet and after using Beeing Female, I probably won't unless someone builds some kind of bridge between the two.

I just added two more options:

- Altmer - start as a sibling of Taarie and Endarie in the Radiant Raiments store
- Any race - start as a former orphan from the Riften orphanage

They are still untested, but since I don't know how long it will be before I can test them, I am uploading them anyway in case anyone wants to take them for a spin.

Note that for the Altmer start, you do not have a bedroll but you do have your own room in the upper floor. I placed the non-respawning personal storage chest next to the bed.
Because of that, your sisters will have to share a double bed :)

Hm. Argonians might be able to have a start as sibling to the Argonian inn keeper in Riften. Forgot her name at the moment. Only quest she is involved in is the Thieves' guild.

Keerava or her boyfriend Talen-jei, and I think one of the LAL mods does include an argonian start in Riften, along with the Windhelm docks.

I'm going to load the altmer one, as I happen to have an altmer character started. Those girls end up sleeping in the same bed half the time I visit anyway it seems.  Also funny and frequent are the times when husband and wife are sleeping in other beds, sometimes with the child children in with the parent on the double, or just when there are enough in the house (the Show shod's in Riften for example, with one daughter gone).

- Altmer - start as a sibling of Taarie and Endarie in the Radiant Raiments store

They are still untested, but since I don't know how long it will be before I can test them, I am uploading them anyway in case anyone wants to take them for a spin.

Note that for the Altmer start, you do not have a bedroll but you do have your own room in the upper floor. I placed the non-respawning personal storage chest next to the bed.

For some reason Endarie is set as a Confidant (expected) but Taarie is a Rival. It may because I entered the shop around 7am after watching the execution with her and had to use the key (and oddly she went to the other single bed upstairs, not "mine" next to the business ledger like I'd have expected).

Also I thought the items on the store shelf were marked "steal" when I went in then, but after leaving and coming back they are no longer (at least the cheaper stuff... maybe the Confidant setting hadn't taken yet).

Double checked a second time and Taarie was still a rival, even when entering after 8. Things on the house side were free yet but not the shop things... except that 150g snow fox pelt.

For some reason Endarie is set as a Confidant (expected) but Taarie is a Rival. It may because I entered the shop around 7am after watching the execution with her and had to use the key (and oddly she went to the other single bed upstairs, not "mine" next to the business ledger like I'd have expected).

Also I thought the items on the store shelf were marked "steal" when I went in then, but after leaving and coming back they are no longer (at least the cheaper stuff... maybe the Confidant setting hadn't taken yet).

Double checked a second time and Taarie was still a rival, even when entering after 8. Things on the house side were free yet but not the shop things... except that 150g snow fox pelt.

Thanks.

I did set her as a rival since she is nastier than her sister but I didn't think it would go that far.

I will tone it down.

I didn't notice the other single bed. I will check it too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks.

I did set her as a rival since she is nastier than her sister but I didn't think it would go that far.

I will tone it down.

I didn't notice the other single bed. I will check it too.

Thanks for the feedback!

My mental canon has been that End runs the shop and makes most of the clothes, while Tae runs the errands outside (she's fetching wood most of the day for an AI package) and works on the books later in the day, so the room straight up the stairs would be hers.  I've found them in the same double bed often enough though, but I think that's just the sleep AI is all screwy and ownership isn't correctly set for the vast majority of NPCs.

Oddly, because you can do the favor quest for Tae, she's the one that sounds kinder to me usually, and her sister in the shop is cranky and crabby all the time, unless I use a sexlab mod or cheat raise her to confidant.

So what's the logic here given that the game starts you off sneaking across the border from Cyrodil, why would they arrest a citizen?

Or you could be coming back to Skyrim after running away to Cyrodiil for a couple of years. You heard about the mounting news about a civil war and want to contribute on one side or the other.

So what's the logic here given that the game starts you off sneaking across the border from Cyrodil, why would they arrest a citizen?

Or you could be coming back to Skyrim after running away to Cyrodiil for a couple of years. You heard about the mounting news about a civil war and want to contribute on one side or the other.

Yeah, if you're not using an alternate start mod like Live Another Life or Unbound, the game leaves it pretty open on why you were near the stormcloak camp that night/morning.  It isn't even clear that you were Cyrodil at all, just that you were camping near the stormcloaks or travelling near there when the imperial ambush grabbed them. Lokir as well was just near by and in a bit of stellar story writing (sarc) he and you get stripped and put in rags while the military folks are kept in their armor.

I don't remember if the Darkwater crossing part was official or just part of the LAL mod, but you're captured somewhere east of Helgen and taken there as the closest Imperial fort. You could have been travelling from Riften to a number of places, and while Hadvar asks you questions and makes comments based on race he never lets you tell him he's as wrong as can be. This mod pack can give you a place you were returning to from Riften or Shor's stone, or just another reason to start in a place using an alt start mod.

I suppose it is a little off topic and probably answered elsewhere... but as far as the changing of race and such, are there any issues now using LAL: you have to create your character to start, then enable and configure mods.  If you wanted to play an altmer but made a nord you can hit the console and run showracemenu again, but does that still have some of the issues it used to?

The ability to disable dragons and skip the MQ entirely is primarily why I use Unbound.

Suggestion, there is only ONE marriageable Altmer in an unmodded game... Taerie.

However there is an Altmer couple in Windhelm, Arivanya and her husband Ulundil who could be suitable as parents.

I suppose it is a little off topic and probably answered elsewhere... but as far as the changing of race and such, are there any issues now using LAL: you have to create your character to start, then enable and configure mods.  If you wanted to play an altmer but made a nord you can hit the console and run showracemenu again, but does that still have some of the issues it used to?

The ability to disable dragons and skip the MQ entirely is primarily why I use Unbound.

Yeah changing races with the menu screws with perks. You could however use player.setrace x then simply resculpt your now messed up face without issue.

Suggestion, there is only ONE marriageable Altmer in an unmodded game... Taerie.

However there is an Altmer couple in Windhelm, Arivanya and her husband Ulundil who could be suitable as parents.

Heh, I was thinking that same thing.  I was going to say Niranya first but traveling as far as it is implied she came to Windhelm with a child makes less sense.  She's also tied into the Thieves guild quest line.  Arivanya I think is a candidate for the Butcher quest but that would just add story and drama.  It looks like there is room in their house for a small bed or bedroll and a few places a personal chest could be placed as well.

It is strange that one of the few altmer families would be in the least elf-friendly city, but wtg Bethesda.

If at any point i felt i wanted to change who my in-game parents are, can i just remove the running family ties mod and add the newer one and will the game then just assume i am from the new family? I was just curious in case someone creates new family options that suit my Letisha better.

There is a LAL mod out there with the orphanage start, has a small quest to it..  Ill look for it.  

I'm writing an 'adoptive incest' filled  back story on why my redguard is with Ulfric. My norn on the other hand, Is played as Ulfric's daughter...

And might i suggest (forget the family name) the 2 sisters' you encounter when you return from blackreach with 30 crimson nirnroot, as a dunmer family (it beats being a windhelm refugee)

Orc being family within a stronghold